Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which Nintendo character would you like to see in the next Soul Calibur game?
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 99 8.48%
Other 53 4.54%
jenna got milked 1015 86.98%
Total: 1167 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Holy moly this is great! I always had a soft spot for him since I saw Punch-Drunk Love and thought there was a lot more there than he was letting on. Speaking of PTA films, three weeks ago Lady VG watched Boogie Nights and utterly loved it and there are a few PTA films I have not seen. I always prefer to watch things for the first time with her, so at some point the VG house is going to sit down to The Master, Magnolia and Hard Eight :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Infinitum posted:

Hype for weekend where I will be drugged out of my mind playing vidya games in bed while recovering from the very much non-hype 'having a bunch of teeth removed'

personally i prefer lying in bed playing video games drugged out of my mind without the teeth removed part but you do you brah

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I can mail you my teeth if it helps improve your weekend.

I don't need them anymore apparently.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Hi thread I'm much less hungover today and I get to go early vote today and I'm very excited it's the best I've felt on a Monday in a long time I can't wait to vote for our next president of the united states, Bernard Sanders, so he can make all the video game companies unionized.

Games.

VG I was going to post in your thread about music from games and I was just going to take the post from January chat that had me talking about FFX soundtrack, but since the thread is closed I can't even quote the post and I was and continue to be very lazy, but I'll do it soon I love your thread it's my favorite I love game music I might put as much as I can from that thread into a spotify playlist, if I can figure out how to do that without doxxing myself.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

VG I was going to post in your thread about music from games and I was just going to take the post from January chat that had me talking about FFX soundtrack, but since the thread is closed I can't even quote the post and I was and continue to be very lazy, but I'll do it soon I love your thread it's my favorite I love game music I might put as much as I can from that thread into a spotify playlist, if I can figure out how to do that without doxxing myself.

You do not have to do that, feel free to use youtube links and such if it works out better. I am glad you and other people are enjoying that thread, I most certainly have been too. I have a ton of posts ready to go for it, but want to let it breathe with others joining in :D

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

VideoGames posted:

You do not have to do that, feel free to use youtube links and such if it works out better. I am glad you and other people are enjoying that thread, I most certainly have been too. I have a ton of posts ready to go for it, but want to let it breathe with others joining in :D

I was going to do it mostly for myself because I accidentally deleted my old video game music playlist and I need a new one because it's good background music and I wanted to share with my goon buddies.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I dont wanna listen to game music on Spotify because it might mess up my discover weekly recommendation thing

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Help Im Alive posted:

I dont wanna listen to game music on Spotify because it might mess up my discover weekly recommendation thing

There's a private listening mode. I use it for when I need to listen to my 90s divas music.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

If only I had known that before listening to twice and loona filled my recommendations with kpop for weeks

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Help Im Alive posted:

If only I had known that before listening to twice and loona filled my recommendations with kpop for weeks

It's under the social option, on iOS at least.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Help Im Alive posted:

hehe i've had that happen too (though not kpop)

also funny to note how the advertising changes with genres

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
I spend as much time using Private Sessions on Spotify as I do with regular sessions, and I'm now stuck trying to figure out if I have it all backwards.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

I'm not seeing the problem here

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Wife and I are currently rewatching all of Westworld in preparation for season 3 since it has been a couple years.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

I said come in! posted:

Wife and I are currently rewatching all of Westworld in preparation for season 3 since it has been a couple years.

Considerations on watching season 2 again. That was such a disappointment :(

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Watching videos of competitive Mario Maker and clear conditions seem like the dumbest thing. One person does the clear condition while everyone else goes to the end waiting to mug the person with the clear condition.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Wait I missed it, 4 days ago limited run finally announced the monkey island thing they teased at E3 last year

It's a sega CD release
https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1230160744131563520?s=19

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Infinitum posted:

If you say
This mouth ain’t good enough
I would mail
my teeth
to lift you up
I could change
My mouth
To better suit your mood
Cause you’re so smooth

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

SeXReX posted:

Wait I missed it, 4 days ago limited run finally announced the monkey island thing they teased at E3 last year

It's a sega CD release
https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1230160744131563520?s=19

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Holy crap, I just tried Lotte Black Black gum and it's like fire through my nostrils. This poo poo is stronger than Fishermen's Friends.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Infinitum posted:

There was a guy at my school who kept his baby teeth in a tic tac box, maybe you can do some kind of adult equivalent

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

I'll admit I don't find the act of minting some SegaCD discs terribly impressive. There's no copy protection so any CD pressing company can make their own set if they actually want to, I don't think there's any special technical obstacle to clear like there would be to reprint functioning PS1-PS2-PS3-Saturn-Gamecube-Xbox games.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
the sega cd had more than just sonic cd??

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Looper posted:

the sega cd had more than just sonic cd??

yeah it had the best version of snatcher

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfltRGG_yQo

play snatcher

Barudak
May 7, 2007

20 bucks then is 45 bucks now, so you're living the threepwood code.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Barudak posted:

20 bucks then is 45 bucks now, so you're living the threepwood code.

Even adjusting for inflation:

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Finally killed a past in Enter the Gungeon

felt a little like cheating since I had some absurd synergy that made the rocket launcher I had fire like 4x the normal homing shots with each trigger pull

man once I got that it was just over for all the bosses and I kinda steamrolled the game picking up master rounds along the way and just becoming nigh unstoppable

I'm gonna have to stop playing this game eventually

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Monkey Fracas posted:

absurd synergy

This is the best and sometimes only way to win most roguelikes

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Monkey Fracas posted:

Finally killed a past in Enter the Gungeon

felt a little like cheating since I had some absurd synergy that made the rocket launcher I had fire like 4x the normal homing shots with each trigger pull

man once I got that it was just over for all the bosses and I kinda steamrolled the game picking up master rounds along the way and just becoming nigh unstoppable

I'm gonna have to stop playing this game eventually

I've killed all the pasts and in my humble opinion the game is way more fun when you get those broken synergies so don't sweat it.

Their content updates have mostly been adding MORE strong synergies instead of nerfing existing ones, so it seems like the devs agree.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

PantsBandit posted:

I've killed all the pasts and in my humble opinion the game is way more fun when you get those broken synergies so don't sweat it.

Their content updates have mostly been adding MORE strong synergies instead of nerfing existing ones, so it seems like the devs agree.

I just wish there was a way to see what the synergies actually do other than looking 'em up

I mean some are obvious but I dunno like a little tooltip popup thingy in the item screen or something woulda been nice

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:3:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Why do the notes suddenly pick up speed and escape?

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

haveblue posted:

This is the best and sometimes only way to win most roguelikes

This was the crux I used to justify my lack of binding of isaac talent till I handed the keyboard to a friend of mine and watched him beat the last boss of the game on his first run

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Well adjusted gamers: items working together in cool ways is fun
Roguelike gamers: every item should explicitly make every other item worse so there's no chance of synergy making the experience less of a slog

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
It's really fun when something weird happens that just blows things away

the item that makes you fire a second, full-power shot backwards normally isn't all that great but it becomes monstrous when you get a gun/effect that makes things home in or ricochet around

can run into an issue where there are so many visual elements flying around the screen that you can barely tell where the enemy shots that you should avoid are though lol

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Still alive it seems, landed in Texas, time for good food

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Spent most of the day thinking i should replay nier automata but not get too stoned this time.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Spent most of the day thinking i should replay nier automata but not get too stoned this time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

bushisms.txt posted:

landed in Texas

no turn back, it's not too late