Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

What's with X-Men and vampires anyway?

I remember the big new X-Men #1 from a few years ago that the comic shop was heavily promoting starting with a vampire arc too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Aphrodite posted:

What's with X-Men and vampires anyway?

I remember the big new X-Men #1 from a few years ago that the comic shop was heavily promoting starting with a vampire arc too.

If by "vampire" you mean Brian Wood, yes.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

I hope Dracula turns Krakoa into a vampire.

EDIT: Well, it's sort of a vampire already now that I think about it, so I hope Dracula turns Krakoa into a double vampire.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
I was trying to think of mutant lawyers and could only come up with the guy from X-Statix off the top of my head, which got me thinking about the spin-off that's supposed to be coming out this year and how interesting the Krakoa stuff could be in the context of that team's pretty enormous body-count. What I'm saying is Bring Back Bloke.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

That the X-Men and Dracula/vampires have such a long-term, ongoing history is a constant source of delight to me. On top of everything else they have to deal with,. every few years there's vampire bullshit they get dragged into and it's glorious.

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.

How Wonderful! posted:

I was trying to think of mutant lawyers and could only come up with the guy from X-Statix off the top of my head, which got me thinking about the spin-off that's supposed to be coming out this year and how interesting the Krakoa stuff could be in the context of that team's pretty enormous body-count. What I'm saying is Bring Back Bloke.

Evangeline Whedon & Cable!

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
I'd like to see Krakoa and Man thing hang out and fight the green thumb gang together

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The vast number of telepaths they have could program anyone into a lawyer I guess.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

Metalshark posted:

Evangeline Whedon & Cable!

Oh lord, I forgot that stretch of Nicieza's X-Force. However, it did remind me that Doug Ramsey's dad was at one point the attorney for the Xavier School so it might be neat to see him show up.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
I feel like in a world where Prodigy exists (and is getting his full powerset back, yay) the question of "Do the X-Men have someone available who can (insert profession here)?" the answer is always yes.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

I always love thinking about the canonical degrees earned by the various x-men at the School for Gifted Mutants.

Cyclops is mathematics, I think?

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

I always love thinking about the canonical degrees earned by the various x-men at the School for Gifted Mutants.

Cyclops is mathematics, I think?

Broadcast journalism. Everyone forgets about the very brief time he was a reporter for a news radio station.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

Bobby dropped out of superheroics for a while to become an accountant, and I believe both Havok and Polaris have unfinished degrees in archaeology. My boy Vivisector did his dissertation on Whitman iirc.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

I feel like in a world where Prodigy exists (and is getting his full powerset back, yay) the question of "Do the X-Men have someone available who can (insert profession here)?" the answer is always yes.

It's less about ability than licensing.

Although I guess Krakoa can have its own bar association.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Yeah Bobby is a CPA, and Hank McCoy presumably has multiple doctorates. Claremont would bring up Scott’s math major from time to time to justify the sick angles he could bounce his eyebeams at.

Was Jean also into medicine?

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

Claremont would bring up Scott’s math major from time to time to justify the sick angles he could bounce his eyebeams at.

which is weird because I don't think pool sharks are running around getting advanced math degrees, usuall

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Slim "Fats" Summers.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Cyclops didn't study math, part of his mutant power is being bananas good at geometry. Captain Kate did get some sort of degree during MechaniX and ran for Alderman but I don't remember if her field of study was specified. Havoc and Polaris were studying geophysics not archaeology.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

She's got a CS degree, I think.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

rantmo posted:

Cyclops didn't study math, part of his mutant power is being bananas good at geometry. Captain Kate did get some sort of degree during MechaniX and ran for Alderman but I don't remember if her field of study was specified. Havoc and Polaris were studying geophysics not archaeology.

Kate went to MIT for a while right after Genosha. She worked nights as a bartender.

Edit:U of Chicago, not MIT, I guess that was the Mekanix run.

Double edit, at least in the first issue Kate is an honor student in the Astrophysics department, which makes a certain amount of sense, some of her adventures with the X-Men involved the Brood and the Shi'ar.

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Feb 24, 2020

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Skwirl posted:

Double edit, at least in the first issue Kate is an honor student in the Astrophysics department, which makes a certain amount of sense, some of her adventures with the X-Men involved the Brood and the Shi'ar.

I'm assuming that later she just got handed a PhD in Space Bullets.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

How Wonderful! posted:

I've been thinking about how X-Statix is going to work with krakoan resurrection and my guess is they'll just say they're the absolute lowest priority for being brought back.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Cloks posted:

I've been thinking about how X-Statix is going to work with krakoan resurrection and my guess is they'll just say they're the absolute lowest priority for being brought back.

most of the team came back already in the Giant Sized X-Statix special last year (Guy Smith, Dead Girl, Doop and Vivisector) along with Tike's son, Phat's unclear relative and U-Go Girl's daughter. they're gonna have a new series starting this year.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Oh poo poo, is Princess Di on Krakoa?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Looking it up Jean has a 'college-level education' but nothing specific. Just in 'the college.'

The winner is Madrox who sends out his dupes to go get various and sundry degrees and then re-absorbs them to eat their brains and gain their knowledge.

Dawgstar fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Feb 25, 2020

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Dawgstar posted:

Looking it up Jean has a 'college-level education' but nothing specific. Just in 'the college.'

The winner is Madrox who sins out his dupes to go get various and sundry degrees and then re-absorbs them to eat their brains and gain their knowledge.

And his son

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Alaois posted:

most of the team came back already in the Giant Sized X-Statix special last year (Guy Smith, Dead Girl, Doop and Vivisector) along with Tike's son, Phat's unclear relative and U-Go Girl's daughter. they're gonna have a new series starting this year.

Oh yeah, I read that - I meant specifically U-Go Girl because her death is so important to Mister Sensitive and having the ability to just bring her back would change all of that.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Cloks posted:

Oh yeah, I read that - I meant specifically U-Go Girl because her death is so important to Mister Sensitive and having the ability to just bring her back would change all of that.

Death of another mutant is like half the back story of like half all x-characters.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

bobkatt013 posted:

And his son

Actually, come to think of it, have they said if humans married to mutants are allowed on Krakoa?

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Actually, come to think of it, have they said if humans married to mutants are allowed on Krakoa?

I think that's going to come up in X-Factor, Williams has mentioned Northstar's husband being relevant.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Meggan and Brian are allowed to be on Krakoa so I don't think Xavier would disallow humans to live there.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Codependent Poster posted:

Meggan and Brian are allowed to be on Krakoa so I don't think Xavier would disallow humans to live there.
It's honestly kind of weird Brian isn't a mutant

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Humans that are invited guests of mutants are allowed on Krakoa, they just aren't part of the resurrection thing, so if they die they actually die (as much as anyone can in a comic book), until we find out Xavier has also made back-ups of some flat scans.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
there's still the entire population of genosha to work through. so, no room in the queue for flatscans.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

there's still the entire population of genosha to work through. so, no room in the queue for flatscans.

Xavier has already shown people can jump in front based on what he thinks he needs. How much use is Northstar gonna be after his husband dies and he's told "no we don't do flatscans," and there's no one else with superspeed as long as Quicksilver remains legally distinct from a mutant.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Nessus posted:

It's honestly kind of weird Brian isn't a mutant

As Jay and Miles pointed out this week, he's also not strictly human since their father was from Otherworld. The Braddocks are strange.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Cyclops put a gate on Corsair's ship or something didn't he?

I guess it could just be for him to visit but pretty weird if Corsair can't use it the other way.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

They already gave a pass for kids, like Shogo. Even if he wants to spend most of his time as a dragon.

Speak
Jul 20, 2001

"Education Professional" model Doombot

Dawgstar posted:

They already gave a pass for kids, like Shogo. Even if he wants to spend most of his time as a dragon.

God drat, I love comics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Aphrodite posted:

Cyclops put a gate on Corsair's ship or something didn't he?

I guess it could just be for him to visit but pretty weird if Corsair can't use it the other way.

I’m pretty sure Scott offered for him to stay when he was visiting, too.