Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Mystery Machine posted:

I took a screenshot of the village map thing in the direct and painted over it. I think this what I wanna go for. A lush valley inside of a crater? I was thinking of putting a player-owned farmhouse in between the rivers and make that a fruit orchard, putting a church and a graveyard at the top of the crater where the water starts, make a winding path follow the rightmost river and do some dense urban development, fully paved with a road and houses all arranged in 1x3 city blocks. Hoping the terraforming tools are at least robust enough to get me somewhere like this. All I gotta do is make sure I start with one river mouth near the airport and I should've have to worry about the limitations of the terraforming system.

That's neat and I want to see everyone's plan for thier island.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Mystery Machine posted:

I took a screenshot of the village map thing in the direct and painted over it. I think this what I wanna go for. A lush valley inside of a crater? I was thinking of putting a player-owned farmhouse in between the rivers and make that a fruit orchard, putting a church and a graveyard at the top of the crater where the water starts, make a winding path follow the rightmost river and do some dense urban development, fully paved with a road and houses all arranged in 1x3 city blocks. Hoping the terraforming tools are at least robust enough to get me somewhere like this. All I gotta do is make sure I start with one river mouth near the airport and I should've have to worry about the limitations of the terraforming system.

maybe they changed the way cliffs are allowed to work in this game, but in the past they could only be oriented in certain ways (prolly due to the camera angle), so i'm not sure you could actually have cliffs like that at the bottom of your island

cool idea anyway, and maybe it'll actually be doable

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://dodoairlines.com/passport/

Make your own passport!

tom bob-ombadil
Jan 1, 2012
I just hope there's enough retro furnitre to recreate the island from The Prisoner.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

maybe they changed the way cliffs are allowed to work in this game, but in the past they could only be oriented in certain ways (prolly due to the camera angle), so i'm not sure you could actually have cliffs like that at the bottom of your island

cool idea anyway, and maybe it'll actually be doable
We've seen for instance that shot with the lighthouse where a chunk of cliffs were built near the southern coast, so yeah, probably doable.

But the camera angle thing is a real issue with that plan. By default there are very few north facing cliffs besides along the north end of the island, which is all rock, and I'm sure that's because it'll be absolutely impossible to see anything buried just north of a cliff.

Maybe if you're going to do the crater island plan make it so the river goes around the south edge of the crater so there's less land it's obscuring. Might make fish catching harder though.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Not gonna happen since they would have shown it off already, but it would be cool if you could control the camera outside.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!

Electric Phantasm posted:

Not gonna happen since they would have shown it off already, but it would be cool if you could control the camera outside.

They would literally have to reshape the world

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

I hope swimming comes back.

It’s unlikely because they haven’t shown it but still.

Idia
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
I'm basic and just want a beach resort town. I'll play with that map template but it's no guarantee that my island won't end up a mess like my NL town.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Yeah but what if they did??

Also now I'm convinced that it's going to be in the game and will call them liars once it releases

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time
Furiously searching "how to put yourself into a coma for approximately one month". The wait is real on this one, folks.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

I watched the direct and got even more excited and then realized I still have an old DS and some form of Animal Crossing cartridge, which turned out to be Wild World. I turned it on and immediately got yelled at by Mr. Resetti for five minutes, and couldn't figure out how to use my net, axe, or fishing pole. Now I probably won't go back to it because it probably won't be worth playing an AC for twenty days and then start New Horizons. We'll see!

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

hopeandjoy posted:

I hope swimming comes back.

It’s unlikely because they haven’t shown it but still.

Oh yeah! That was fun. Though a wetsuit taking up an inventory slot was kind of annoying. That's what letters are for, though...

vanisher
Jul 12, 2005

Fun Shoe
Maybe the expanded inventory replaces the letter stash trick

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Makes me wonder if there's gonna be a downloadable demo. A friend of mine couldn't play New Leaf due to getting motion sickness from the rolling-pin world, but isn't sure they'll have the same problem for this.

I mean, it’s probably not the smartest decision in the world, but you can take non-drowsy Dramamine to help with motion sickness when playing video games, and that can help you from getting nauseous (or carsick if you drive during that time) for a several hours.

The wait is killing me too; I’m not used to being this hyped about games anymore. It’s like when I was a kid. I bought a copy of the rerelease of Rune Factory 4 to help me deal with the anticipation in the meantime :negative:

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

I’ve been doing some more Three Houses routes during the wait.

But the preload icon is there, taunting me...

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!

Tempura Wizard posted:

Furiously searching "how to put yourself into a coma for approximately one month". The wait is real on this one, folks.

That's why they're releasing the Animal Crossing Switch a week before. You'll still be a week away from Animal Crossing, but all the games you play in the meantime will be slightly Animal Crossing flavored

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

This is definitely the most hyped I've been for a game in forever. It's also the first time I've purchased a console specifically for the special edition related to a game when I already own the console.

It's weird knowing that this game is going to take up the majority of my gaming time for the next year.

vanisher
Jul 12, 2005

Fun Shoe
What if you can do a custom design on a jacket and we can make a gang

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
I'm gonna play Animal Crossing and my island is going to be ugly as poo poo because I don't know how to decorate

It's gonna rule

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

I'm gonna play Animal Crossing and my island is going to be ugly as poo poo because I don't know how to decorate

It's gonna rule

:emptyquote:

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Mystery Machine posted:

This is a vagina.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
I'm gonna make my island into a huge dinosaur exhibition.

just paths lined with T-Rex, Stegosaurus etc.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

https://twitter.com/Chiisao/status/1232010879631265792?s=20

https://twitter.com/ACWorldBlog/status/1232008828100730880?s=20

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

This is Canada. It snows nine months of the year, and hails the other three.

I'm considering if I want to do what I did in New Leaf and just have a no running rule in my town and fill it wall to wall with fields of flowers.

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

it's a free country u pervs
:ducksiren: https://www.gamespot.com/articles/animal-crossing-new-horizons-doom-eternal-will-be-/1100-6474035/ :ducksiren:

for those who have yet to commit to a pre-order, Walmart will be selling New Horizons in store for only 50 bells starting on release day :peanut:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Shiiiit

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

Welp, definitely taking advantage of that deal as I will be needing two copies of the game for two Switches. Will be great to save $20 dollars day one. Crazy Nintendo is going to be offering a discount on day 1 for a big first party release!

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

the S in MSRP stands for "suggested". this discount has nothing to do with Nintendo

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

:rip: gamestop

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

It's gonna rule

:same:

vanisher
Jul 12, 2005

Fun Shoe
I'd rather not drive to a store and spend :10bux:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
its like a 8 minute walk for me so yeah i am taking that deal

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

Owning it digitally is worth :10bux: to me.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

vanisher posted:

What if you can do a custom design on a jacket and we can make a gang

You could make the whole jacket if you wanted. I made mine in NL way back

I hope we get more room this time though

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

GoodBee posted:

Owning it digitally is worth :10bux: to me.

Yeah, I buy all my console games that I can physically because I keep telling myself that I can sell them, but Animal Crossing is a no-brainer digital game. Always installed, always ready to go!

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
Digital is totally worth it when you got the game with one of your vouchers you bought using eShop cards from costco.com. Add in the cashback and my copy was only $43.20. Take that, Walton family!

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I'm all digital everything after my last Switch and all the games got stolen out of my car. at least I can get the poo poo back

Chronicler of Dongs
Apr 22, 2003

~*~ Magic Mittens ~*~

One thing that's got me more excited lately is thinking how each island can have 8 local residents, which means 8 houses to decorate. New Leaf had four (I think?) and sometimes I had more ideas than houses. I'm looking forward to remaking my extremely lovely hostel or game show house and whatever other dumb themes I can think of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

indigi posted:

I'm all digital everything after my last Switch and all the games got stolen out of my car. at least I can get the poo poo back

the switch totally expedited my switch (no pun intended) to digital games, my internet is poo poo so i assumed I'd keep going with physical where I could, plus i like having boxes, but it started with Smash because I wanted to have it at all times and then once Nintendo introduced the voucher thing i said gently caress it and went digital and it's so much better to not have to switch poo poo out.