Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which Nintendo character would you like to see in the next Soul Calibur game?
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 99 8.48%
Other 53 4.54%
jenna got milked 1015 86.98%
Total: 1167 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Monkey Fracas posted:

GOW 2018 had what felt like a pretty tacked-on crafting system that I didn't enjoy

I didn't like it and almost totally ignored it and it worked out fine but yeah in an otherwise stellar game that part felt so unnecessary

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disco Anne
Apr 1, 2010

Assume you're going to survive.
What I don't understand is how Gamers find weed to smoke in the first place. Don't you have to like go outside and talk to people? Can I just type "/weed" into steam chat?

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
you go to the weed store and ask for the gamer weed, and they give you a candy bar with weed in it

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

they released info on the new xbox today but I don't know what a terraflop is so it's all words to me

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Relax Or DIE posted:

you go to the weed store and ask for the gamer weed, and they give you a candy bar with weed in it

you can online order from the shops here and you don't even have to talk to a human being other than idle chitchat when you stop and pick up your order, it's wonderful.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Help Im Alive posted:

they released info on the new xbox today but I don't know what a terraflop is so it's all words to me

Good news, terraflops don't matter any more.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Dischorr_N posted:

What I don't understand is how Gamers find weed to smoke in the first place. Don't you have to like go outside and talk to people? Can I just type "/weed" into steam chat?

The secret is to buy shitloads so you've only got that hassle a few times a year

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Help Im Alive posted:

It's basically bragging about many times a second you can do 1+1 and actually get 2

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

SeXReX posted:

It's basically bragging about many times a second you can do 1+1 and actually get 2

At least three, personally

May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

you can online order from the shops here and you don't even have to talk to a human being other than idle chitchat when you stop and pick up your order, it's wonderful.

they do that here too, it's great. the budtenders are always super hype to talk about weed though

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

ive never done a drug but instead i listen to magikarp song as loud as i can on loop to drown out all the screaming my brain does when i try to do work

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxKOL8axGKI

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I assume that like, matrix inversions per second or triogonometry functions per second or quaternion multiplications per second would be a better measure of gaming power than just straight up operations per second but I'm not a hardware expert

May 8, 2006

my rear end gets about 2.5 teraflops

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

cheetah7071 posted:

I assume that like, matrix inversions per second or triogonometry functions per second or quaternion multiplications per second would be a better measure of gaming power than just straight up operations per second but I'm not a hardware expert

Yes mhmm this is exactly what I was saying don't check my post history

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Those things are better metrics but result in much smaller numbers that are harder to market.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

teraflop. a big flop. folks. i'm talking about, "untitled goose game"

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

I can't wait for petaflops

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

oddium posted:

teraflop. a big flop. folks. i'm talking about, "anthem"

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i'd pet a flop

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Is Gamestop dying for real for real.

I feel like I've been reading "yep they're dead for good" for a couple years now and I'm still able to walk into mine and nothing is really wrong there so :shrug:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

SeXReX posted:

Those things are better metrics but result in much smaller numbers that are harder to market.

Also you get into the weeds about what has a hardware path on which platform. At least you used to in the past, this generation that might actually work because the hardware is so similar.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I feel like I've been reading "yep they're dead for good" for a couple years now and I'm still able to walk into mine and nothing is really wrong there so :shrug:

Having new hardware to sell would probably help them sustain themselves a little bit longer at least.

So if either of those new boxes get delayed to early next year that would probably be very bad for the Stop.

GameStop not, not Stop and Shop.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

it's a walking dead state

like, GameStop is basically King Graham and they fed the pie to the eagle years ago, but it's anyone's guess when they'll finally run into the yeti

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Having new hardware to sell would probably help them sustain themselves a little bit longer at least.

So if either of those new boxes get delayed to early next year that would probably be very bad for the Stop.

GameStop not, not Stop and Shop.

watch the coronavirus kill gamestop

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Gamestop's final gambit has been a massive investment on video game merch, but they went the lame child-based route of Minecraft t-shirts and Joker funko pops instead of the correct business decision which would have been to fill every store to the walls with copies of the Katamari Damacy vinyl soundtrack

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

We finally got legal rec in Illinois and there are like 15 stores in the entire state and none of them have any drat weed stuff lol

Maybe it's better now, haven't checked in a month really

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Crafting, if not in service of building tension (Resident Evils), encouraging exploration and invention (Minecraft, Terraria, Elder Scrolls alchemy) or acting as a way to supplement readily available resources (Monster Hunter), is a horrible boring and incredibly annoying thing that I'm glad has become less of a thing since the boom it experienced during the Minecraft era

Action based games are the worst for it because gently caress dude I just wanna bash poo poo. If it's too complex it's getting in the way of my murder, but if it's too simple why even have it at all

Doom2016 has the best crafting where you convert punches into weapon upgrades

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Dischorr_N posted:

Nope but if you played everquest in the early days you could /pizza and it would bring up the page for Dominos

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

they should make weed legal in this god forsaken country so I can get some sleep without having to talk to people on wickr.

Zushio
May 8, 2008
There are a variety of legal dispensaries near my area as well as a slew illegal delivery services. Most of the delivery services are same day delivery and take orders by a text message.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

should I get FE# Encore or the Vanquish/Bayonetta port

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
I live in an mmj state and my wife has a card but we still buy from a dude she worked with because he's cheaper and more likely to have flower than the stores. The card is worth it to keep cops away and to have a back up in case the dude is out.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Songbearer posted:

Crafting, if not in service of building tension (Resident Evils), encouraging exploration and invention (Minecraft, Terraria, Elder Scrolls alchemy) or acting as a way to supplement readily available resources (Monster Hunter), is a horrible boring and incredibly annoying thing that I'm glad has become less of a thing since the boom it experienced during the Minecraft era

Action based games are the worst for it because gently caress dude I just wanna bash poo poo. If it's too complex it's getting in the way of my murder, but if it's too simple why even have it at all

Doom2016 has the best crafting where you convert punches into weapon upgrades

Doom should not have crafting.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Living in a bbj state, always gotta have my mouthpiece on me, just in case a match breaks out.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

grieving for Gandalf posted:

Do you want to

A) eat angels with your hair

B) kickflip into robots so hard they explode

C) whatever you do in FE I don’t even know

Zushio
May 8, 2008

grieving for Gandalf posted:

Vanquish/Bayonetta

haveblue posted:

Do you want to

C) whatever you do in FE I don’t even know

Manage idols while fighting people's prejudice in the forms of demons. Only your Persona are Fire Emblem characters.

Zushio fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Feb 25, 2020

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

what are you expecting to see?

they hardly sell games outside of pre-orders anymore and employees are forced to never leave you alone or they get written up for not meeting quotas mandated by out of touch executives

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

dont go into #fe expecting it to be very persona, all that stuff is extremely cut back on the gameplay side

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Relax Or DIE posted:

I mean the entire RPG side of GOW 2018 was pretty tacked on
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Stux posted:

dont go into #fe expecting it to be very persona, all that stuff is extremely cut back on the gameplay side

Yeah, thats why I ended up pleasantly surprised and liking it