Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
oden will show up in the battle, but he'll also be dead. fortunately moria will be there for some reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Guy A. Person posted:

Nah he’s insanely dead

He's a new character that is the subject of an extended flashback, he's dead as dirt.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Waffleman_ posted:

He's a new character that is the subject of an extended flashback, he's dead as dirt.

Plus he even got the treatment reserved for people dying in present time (ridiculously over the top super wounds) IN a flashback which makes him like...quadruple dead

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

but when he's alive.......... oda does it again

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

And his name.....

Kozuki O. D. En

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

oden's death owned and undoing that would be cowardly

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

Sabo was enough

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Apparently there's never enough of Sabo.

Honestly, when :bignews: went out and everyone was talking about Sabo, I had literally forgotten what happened to him.

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006

Electric Phantasm posted:

Oden is going to comeback as a cyborg like Ace.

Do we have any proof vegapunk ISNT oden?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Oden being alive would make Kaido look like a total incompetent rube who didn't check that the guy he just shot in the head was actually dead

Also the whole "You all will inherit my dream" thing would be completely undercut.

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
Kaido shot Oden with nanomachines

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

the only way it would work is if his wife "casted" some teleport mumbo jumbo on him so that he'd teleport if about to be fatally struck. aside from that, he got the whole death treatment so yeah he's dead.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

This does make me wonder more who would even be a traitor, because if there is one I don't see any reason or motive for there to be one now. Unless it's some triple agent thing.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The traitor was Oden and things just got really really out of hand.

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
I was thinking ace’s ghost was gonna be the one that gets flung through or some poo poo, i still don’t get why oda would bring him up at the start of the arc and have nothing pay off from it

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
But then again there’s still half the supernovas on the island so who knows, oda has a lot of moving pieces going on and poo poo has to start popping off soon regardless

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Professorjuggalo posted:

I was thinking ace’s ghost was gonna be the one that gets flung through or some poo poo, i still don’t get why oda would bring him up at the start of the arc and have nothing pay off from it
That's already paid off? Luffy using Red Hawk in front of Tama and him giving the food boat to the village was him taking over for Ace, at least in Tama's mind. It doesn't have to be more than that.

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon
Happy Fettisdag, OP fans. Today is the day you eat Semla, Big Moms favorite day of the whole year!

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Countblanc posted:

oden will show up in the battle, but he'll also be dead. fortunately moria will be there for some reason

It IS established Moria's active and rebuilding his zombie army, and he has a grudge against Kaido and has been to Wano before...

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!

Man with Hat posted:

Happy Fettisdag, OP fans. Today is the day you eat Semla, Big Moms favorite day of the whole year!

Be sure to gather all your friends for a Semla-eating party! Try not to eat them though. Unless it's in a sexy way and you both consent to it.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

It IS established Moria's active and rebuilding his zombie army, and he has a grudge against Kaido and has been to Wano before...

Last we saw he was picking a fight with Blackbeard's crew for killing Absalom. Sure, Blackbeard mockingly offered him a position in his crew but I doubt we'll see him again as anything other than an unwilling underling of Blackbeard.

jassa fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Feb 25, 2020

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!

Bisse posted:

on the contrary I think Toki existing disproves this theory since she has the time travel fruit already (unless there are several but thats only been the case with Zoans so far, and maaaaaybe fire and magma fruits if you really look at it sideways). and as far as we know, she can only do 20-year jumps and has to follow along. so somehow the exact time of arrival likely involves some method other than time travel.

Uh... Toki travelled forward approx. 830 years herself (over multiple jumps), and can use it to send others ahead in time without following herself (Momo & half the Scabbards). Plus don't we see her use it to skip forward a day or so to escape trouble around the time she meets Oden? And maybe use it defensively to sent an attacker into the future? I might be misremembering that, and unfortunately don't have access to the chapter right now.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

jassa posted:

Uh... Toki travelled forward approx. 830 years herself (over multiple jumps), and can use it to send others ahead in time without following herself (Momo & half the Scabbards). Plus don't we see her use it to skip forward a day or so to escape trouble around the time she meets Oden? And maybe use it defensively to sent an attacker into the future? I might be misremembering that, and unfortunately don't have access to the chapter right now.

When Oden found her she was considering jumping into the future but didn't. So far as we know she hasnt jumped ahead between her arrival in the present and sending the scabbards into the future.

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

Oden and Sukiyaki are going to show back up only to be cut to pieces by Zoro's son from the future.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Professorjuggalo posted:

that was just meant to be a reference for how luffy will accomplish the dreams ace didn't get to

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
does toki get telefragged if she goes into the future but someone built a wall in that spot in the meantime

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
a good sbs question

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

The last 2 user teleported into Blackbeard, merging their souls and letting him use 3 fruits.

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
Can we really be certain that boiling in hot oil for one hour followed up with a shot to the dome didn't just power Oden up?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

French fry mode

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Super Rad posted:

Can we really be certain that boiling in hot oil for one hour followed up with a shot to the dome didn't just power Oden up?

I see we've reached the "nanomachines" portion of the thread's cycle of topics.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

You're right. Lets break that cycle and talk about bird cage.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
the big oil pot is kaido's birdcage

just bob
Sep 6, 2017

by Reene
Oda is just one guy who makes most stuff up as he goes, including answers to fan mail.

Give him slack with the credit, or vise versa.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Watched the Little Garden episodes recently. You can really appreciate how subtlety overpowered the Straw Hats were in the East Blue and first couple Grand Line arcs. Zoro, while being hogtied by Mr. 3's wax powers, letting out a huge grin when Mr. 5 reports he's defeated Luffy was an especially good scene.

just bob
Sep 6, 2017

by Reene
I think I like one piece for the art I dont care about the story mostly(it can be good.)

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Kind of a theme with the Straw Hats is how often they punch above their weight. Arlong was the first real threat they faced, Baroque Works is them finally facing a pirate organisation that isn't loving around, and they got ridiculously lucky with Skypeia that Luffy is Enel's hard counter. Then they took two years off to powerlevel.

just bob
Sep 6, 2017

by Reene

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Then they took two years off to powerlevel.

Oda kind effed up on that imo. There was a theme early on of them stomping rear end before a big bad showed up, and after the timeskip that happened but it lost momentum quickly. As I type that, there was an entire arc of buttkicking so it wasnt much bad.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
The secret is that wasn't oil. The pot was full of nanomachines.

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
Gin saved oden and they’re both gonna show up together

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Luffy has anime protag syndrome, he's always going to be punching above his weight-class, but Oda gets around it by having really clever fights with people he would just normally out-class, or having a clever counter to someone WAY outside his weight-class by just learning on the fly. The only DBZ/Super Sayin type moment he had was against Katakuri where he started to rapidly learn better Mantra on the fly out of necessity

I've been re-watching the original Dragon Ball and it's interesting to see how much that series decayed over-time. Jackie Chun would use some technique that Goku had never seen before and whoop his rear end for a while and then Goku would find a really clever answer to it in his own way. Luffy's largely the same, he learns his opponents techniques and either adopts them or uses his own abilities to make similar outcomes.

Gear Second was a direct response to the incredible speed shown by CP9 and using his own ability to simulate that by pumping his blood up to match their speed.
Gear Third wasn't exactly a direct response to anything, but he probably saw the Giants early on in the series and wondered if he could simulate that.
Gear Fourth is way out there, I think he just decided to combine the first two. When he was on the Snake island he probably got a little inspiration there.

But he's also just straight up cloned other people's abilities to use at his own, like finding a way to incorporate moves as a tribute to his brother with fire. I wouldn't be surprised if he eventually finds some kind of way to combine his old rubber net abilities with Bird Cage at some point. I just wonder what his moves would've looked like if he saw the fight with Kaku.

I'm more disappointed that the only crew member we've seen really pushed to their outer limits is just Sanji.