Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

CoolCab posted:

that's the amazing part, there isn't one. mine is one of the mystery red texters pieces - see also, spagetti bollocknese. i've never met greggs nor been in the part of the world that service station is.

Still some of the finest creative writing of the 21st century IMO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

OwlFancier posted:

I want to find whichever loving nerd told politicians it was a good idea to start using the phrase "level up" and throttle them.

If the loving NHS isn't gaining the ability to cast mordenkainen's disjunction it's not loving levelling up.

I completely agree. Though I fear in this case he's misunderstood the soundbite and instead the plan is to level out life expectancy i.e. bring women's life expectancy down to the same as men's...

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

qhat posted:

The problem isn't the levels, it's the gear
Apparently the NHS is running out of diamorphine, which is pretty alarming given how cheap it is. I can only think it's because of how many other countries banned it outright for stupid reasons, creating an unnecessary regulatory burden.

CoolCab posted:

that's the amazing part, there isn't one. mine is one of the mystery red texters pieces - see also, spagetti bollocknese. i've never met greggs nor been in the part of the world that service station is.
Is Albertan Gregg's called Cregg's?

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Guavanaut posted:

Apparently the NHS is running out of diamorphine, which is pretty alarming given how cheap it is. I can only think it's because of how many other countries banned it outright for stupid reasons, creating an unnecessary regulatory burden.

If only they'd kept Rory Stewart in the government, I bet he's got a few (Swiss PAYG mobile) numbers he can call.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
https://twitter.com/RichardBurgon/status/1232071078060732416

Really nice to see tweet from Richard Burgon.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Love that. So is the 'not poo poo' deputy leadership choice at the moment between him and Dawn?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Can you "command collectivism?"

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Can you "command collectivism?"

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
At least the Tories assure us there will be enough calories.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

stev posted:

Love that. So is the 'not poo poo' deputy leadership choice at the moment between him and Dawn?

Thanks to that tweet I am going to pick Burgon now. The constant badmouthing from the PLP and the Media are the reason why people ended up not 'liking' Jeremy so it is awesome to see someone up high call them out.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Yeah I'm probably putting burgon first too tbh, he seems to be right on in the ways that matter, kinda wish he was running for leader tbh.

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.
Rayner has surely noticed by now that her stepping aside has not been correspondingly reciprocated by RLB's team...

Skwawk is openly editorializing for Burgon against Rayner now too

Might make for some awkward cabinet meetings in the future if RLB wins (Deputy or not, Rayner will almost certainly get a shad cab appointment)

At some level this is "well you should have polled better at the Momentum ballot which was already massively rigged in your favour" but it's the stuff that makes for distrust in the future

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

VideoGames posted:

Thanks to that tweet I am going to pick Burgon now. The constant badmouthing from the PLP and the Media are the reason why people ended up not 'liking' Jeremy so it is awesome to see someone up high call them out.
:same:

It's good.

goddamnedtwisto posted:

If only they'd kept Rory Stewart in the government, I bet he's got a few (Swiss PAYG mobile) numbers he can call.
I think the NHS gets most of theirs from Switzerland at the moment, even though it's probably something we should be manufacturing domestically if the rest of the world is going to continue being poo poo about it.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

I didn't see much from her appealing to the left beyond her background and ringing up endorsements, while even Starmer framed his work in ways that made him look good on the left. For a group that's suspicious of political machinery she needed to do better.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
*enters stage wearing red braces and a red beret*
I grew up as a single mum on a council estate, which is very similar to leading a leftist revolution to modernize Burkina Faso.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Guavanaut posted:

*enters stage wearing red braces and a red beret*
I grew up as a single mum on a council estate, which is very similar to leading a leftist revolution to modernize Burkina Faso.

Generally means you have a shorter lifespan?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Also getting in scraps about roads.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Still some of the finest creative writing of the 21st century IMO.

oh I hold mystery red text person very close to my heart. I sometimes feel like it protects me from sincere redtext too - like ablative armour.

Guavanaut posted:

Is Albertan Gregg's called Cregg's?

maybe? I left when I was two, all I remember is lots of cowboy clothes

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
*puts an unreasonable amount of shredded steak in a pierogi, wears a cowboy hat*
Welcome to Cregg's.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
I'm going to go Butler over Burgon but yeah, Rayner has really done her best to flush this

Chucat
Apr 14, 2006

Mebh posted:

Just got this today from my CLP. Guh.

Hello fellow melty MP buddy.

quote:

Hi,

From today you should be receiving (by email) your vote for the next Labour Leader and Deputy Leader. This is a huge responsibility and carries with it our Party’s chances of winning back support, being in Government and of ensuring we can tackle the problems so many people face daily here in Southwark and across the country – foodbank dependency, homelessness and destitution. In December, we failed to win and let the people down most who have been hit hardest since 2010. We must not continue to let people down.

I hope that, as you use your votes, you will be remembering the extent to which we lost in December. If we do not demonstrate as a Party that we are listening to voters who so heavily rejected Corbyn then we will not be able to win back support. I have heard a minority of local members talk about ‘no compromise’ and ‘continuity Corbyn’. This is only the position of people who can afford to live in perpetual Opposition, people who do not need a Labour Government, and people who put personal political preference ahead of recognising the desperate needs of the people I see every week in surgery. I simple ask every member to be more altruistic and to be responsible with your vote.

The ballot is a preferential system so please rank the candidates in your order of choice. You do not have to rank all the candidates. I will be voting Lisa Nandy 1, Kier Starmer 2 for Leader and Ian Murray 1, Rosenna Allin-Khan 2 and Angela Rayner 3 for Deputy Leader for example. I will cast no other preferences.

You also have NEC votes. I will be voting for Johanna Baxter and Gurinder Singh Josan as I believe they recognise the scale of the task our Party faces as we try to rebuild credibility.

Please use your votes when they arrive and please vote to move our Party forward.

Best wishes,

Neil

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Baxter's a piece of poo poo just as much as Ian Murray is.

Also absolute lol that the chat for Murray is "he turned a Tory seat into an 11k strong Labour seat".
It's not been Tory since 87, excluding the fact that Murray might as well be a loving Tory.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
I'm going to vote for Burgon, Dawn has disappointed me a number of times now. Also disappointed in my new MP tweeting against Richard over this. I'm concerned he's been at the MIWK stash in the office or something.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
rlb/nandy, Berger/butler. I don't think anyone I'm voting for will get into power.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Luciana Berger is running for labour deputy and you're voting for her?

I know the field's a bit iffy but that seems excessive.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

OwlFancier posted:

no the goon

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
...bergoon

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

OwlFancier posted:

Antisemitic not to write her in

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I'm voting for myself.

Not in the Labour leadership contest just gonna vote for myself in a general ballot. Wish me luck.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Tesseraction posted:

I'm voting for myself.

Not in the Labour leadership contest just gonna vote for myself in a general ballot. Wish me luck.

Surprising victory as tesseraction achieves eternal god emperorship on 100% turnout with 100% of the vote.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I'm heading to the palace today to ask her majesty to get out of my loving chair.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

poo poo now I want guardian articles from the warhammer 40k universe.

"Here's what the betrayal of the traitor horus means for the future of the emperor's holy crusade [liveblog]"

"It's time to reassess the Inquisition's stance on genestealer cults, if the Astartes practices eugenics, why can't I? - Tobias Juvenalius"

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

poo poo now I want guardian articles from the warhammer 40k universe.

"Here's what the betrayal of the traitor horus means for the future of the emperor's holy crusade [liveblog]"

"It's time to reassess the Inquisition's stance on genestealer cults, if the Astartes practices eugenics, why can't I? - Tobias Juvenalius"

In next week's Comment is Free -

Roboute Guilliman on how Tony Blair inspired him

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

Guavanaut posted:

:same:

It's good.

I think the NHS gets most of theirs from Switzerland at the moment, even though it's probably something we should be manufacturing domestically if the rest of the world is going to continue being poo poo about it.
I often hang out in opium poppy fields I know some people who own a farm who are legal growers for the medical trade. The fields aren't nearly as photogenic as a field of common poppies

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

In the 21st century, journalists are Liberal melts. In the 41st millennium, the Adeptus Journalistes will melt liberals.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Pablo Bluth posted:

I often hang out in opium poppy fields I know some people who own a farm who are legal growers for the medical trade. The fields aren't nearly as photogenic as a field of common poppies
I'm not suggesting that we grow the poppies here themselves (although it would be a better use of marginal land than endless low density housing or cultivating idiot inbred chickens for idiot inbred poshos to shoot at), but morphine and codeine have much looser UN restrictions for international shipping, so we should import a bunch of that and convert it into diamorphine (which has ridiculous UN restrictions because the USA told them that it has no medical value and turns the blacks into jazz rapists) domestically.

The UK policy of "diamorphine is a useful but potentially habit forming analgesic that has essential uses in end of life care (where dependence is a non-issue) or in acute pain like fractures (where you're only giving one dose)" is a lot better than the US policy of "diamorphine has no medical use however the guys that invented meth for kids assure us that this giant tub of synthetic opioids is non-addictive" and the NHS running low on it is very worrying.

Jedit posted:

In the 21st century, journalists are Liberal melts. In the 41st millennium, the Adeptus Journalistes will melt liberals.

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back
this but also every one of the skulls on the base is a different ghoulish Blair head

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
It's the 41st Millennium and everything is still Jam Man's fault.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The time line is the same except the dark age of technology is called "the last labour government"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

OwlFancier posted:

The time line is the same except the dark age of technology is called "the last labour government"

Not quite the same, Custodes can't have gold armour in this version as Brown sold it all.