Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Cats but every line is in questioning intonation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

That's just Cats

quote:

Are you blind when you're born?
Can you see in the dark?
Can you look at a king?
Would you sit on his throne?
Can you say of your bite that it's worse than your bark?
Are you cock of the walk
When you're walking alone?

Sloth Socks
May 13, 2005

dangling is the finest of all the arts in all the worlds

Lipstick Apathy

Darkman Fanpage posted:

skimble shanks the railway cat

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

the cat of the... railway train??

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

I’m going to see cats tonight (the play), on a date with my wife and my girlfriend. This is absolutely me bragging, except the part about seeing cats

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
The play is at least full of extremely in shape people wearing leotards and not much else jumping around.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

https://i.imgur.com/2CkMGbO.mp4

edit: macavity is the new maclunkey

https://i.imgur.com/tR0Omhk.mp4

Ror fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Feb 26, 2020

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

AW poo poo, CHICAGO.

https://twitter.com/musicboxtheatre/status/1232515704164888576

EDIT: Ahahah, the follow-up tweet:

https://twitter.com/musicboxtheatre/status/1232517387724972032?s=20

caligulamprey fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Feb 26, 2020

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Every loop of the video presents a new fresh exciting nightmare to focus upon.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

angerbeet posted:

The play is at least full of extremely in shape people wearing leotards and not much else jumping around.

It was actually pretty fun to watch just in terms of the athleticism on display and the sheer wackiness of the set/costume work.

Asgerd
May 6, 2012

I worked up a powerful loneliness in my massive bed, in the massive dark.
Grimey Drawer

angerbeet posted:

I think you’ll find that Bustopher Jones is not skin and bones. In fact, he’s remarkably fat!

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Skimble

Shanks

The

Rail

Way

Cat

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

MacheteZombie posted:

Skimble

Shanks

The

Rail

Way

Cat

The

Cat

Of

The

Rail

Way

Train

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Definitely humming skimbleshanks and mr mistofolees all day

I wear a lot of vests so my girlfriend was comparing me to skimbleshanks all night, couldn’t be more proud. Gonna go get a job on the railways

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
Toxoplasmosis is running rampant in CineD, and you may have noticed that many of you have been marked for quarantine with a handy lil gang tag. If you feel you have symptoms of toxoplasmosis, but were not marked to be quarantine, please reach out to me through a DM or in a private message on Discord.

Some of you may have a side-effect of identity crisis (ie, your avatar seems to have been broken URL). Please also reach out to me and I will try and get it fixed.

Keep in mind that I am just a mod, and that to be marked for toxoplasmosis and to fix it's side-effects involves an admins assistant, so just be patient and repeat to yourself, "Was there ever, a cat so clever as magical Mister Mistoffolees?" and issues will be addressed.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

awwwww yeah

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
*spins into the sky*

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

That's what I get for not posting in the thread recently.
Looks like the BluRay will have a commentary track, that should be interesting.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Francescnahdo is my Jellicle choic e

Asgerd
May 6, 2012

I worked up a powerful loneliness in my massive bed, in the massive dark.
Grimey Drawer
:radcat:

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Is there a way to see gang tags on the mobile app?

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Franchescanado posted:

Toxoplasmosis is running rampant in CineD, and you may have noticed that many of you have been marked for quarantine with a handy lil gang tag. If you feel you have symptoms of toxoplasmosis, but were not marked to be quarantine, please reach out to me through a DM or in a private message on Discord.

Some of you may have a side-effect of identity crisis (ie, your avatar seems to have been broken URL). Please also reach out to me and I will try and get it fixed.

Keep in mind that I am just a mod, and that to be marked for toxoplasmosis and to fix it's side-effects involves an admins assistant, so just be patient and repeat to yourself, "Was there ever, a cat so clever as magical Mister Mistoffolees?" and issues will be addressed.

God bless and nice new av for you as well

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

DeimosRising posted:

God bless and nice new av for you as well

That's from horror goon Kvlt!. My lo-fi blue werewolf pic will return in a day or so

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

The power of Skimbleshanks done destroyed my avatar and I couldn't be happier.

EDIT: WE'RE BACK, BABYYYYYYYYYYYY!

caligulamprey fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Feb 27, 2020

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Franchescanado posted:

That's from horror goon Kvlt!. My lo-fi blue werewolf pic will return in a day or so

Oh I know who it’s from lol he’s not the king of subtlety

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

DeimosRising posted:

Oh I know who it’s from lol he’s not the king of subtlety

Hahahaha. Truer words were never posted.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

duz posted:

Same :smith:

Also we're not getting this but imagine if it has a track that's just the actors in character talking about the film like it's a documentary

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

duz posted:

overmind2000 posted:

Same :smith:

Also we're not getting this but imagine if it has a track that's just the actors in character talking about the film like it's a documentary

Just because you aren't the Jellicle Choice doesn't mean you aren't a Jellicle Cat. There will be a 2nd wave of quarantined victims of toxoplasmosis this evening.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Franchescanado posted:

Just because you aren't the Jellicle Choice doesn't mean you aren't a Jellicle Cat. There will be a 2nd wave of quarantined victims of toxoplasmosis this evening.

I've never been happier to be told I have toxoplasmosis :3:

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I can't wait to find out if it's a commentary recorded before it was released and Tom Hooper is high on his own supply unaware of what's about to happen or a post-release 2-hour long depressed sigh. Either way :getin:

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Oh god, this is a week after my birthday. fffffff

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Jellicle songs---

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

duz posted:

Very curious if Tom Hooper posted this pre or post release. I hope there's also a featurette about CAT SCHOOL

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Franchescanado posted:

Thank you, you're doing old deut's work

Promoted Pawn
Jun 8, 2005

oops

Franchescanado posted:

Toxoplasmosis is running rampant in CineD, and you may have noticed that many of you have been marked for quarantine with a handy lil gang tag.

It’s official! Jellicle tags for Jellicle goons!

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

The tag will go excellently with the sticker I ordered.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

I am slightly annoyed the physical release is 3 weeks after the digital release.

Friends Are Evil posted:

Very curious if Tom Hooper posted this pre or post release. I hope there's also a featurette about CAT SCHOOL

It really needs a Criterion Armageddon drunk Ben Affleck level commentary from everyone involved.

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

duz posted:

I am slightly annoyed the physical release is 3 weeks after the digital release.

It really needs a Criterion Armageddon drunk Ben Affleck level commentary from everyone involved.

CAT SCHOOL

Making Macavity sounds ominous

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

"A Director's Journey" holy poo poo lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

duz posted:

That's what I'm really hoping for, a "the cast gets hammered and watches what they inflicted on us" commentary.

Speaking of afflictions, my personal strain of toxoplasmosis is "Mungojerrie and Rumpleteazer". The movie's general weirdness is minimized when there's less cats on screen at once, which also lets you appreciate the performances of the song leads, and M&R's performers are really good. Also I spent the whole song trying to figure out if they were either related and/or in a relationship (indeterminate on both counts) and that pretty much set the tone for the rest of the film for me.