Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
not really topic relevant but i thought it was amusing

Gann Jerrod posted:

While this isn’t technically a video game, it’s near enough that I thought it would be interesting for this thread. One of the new Star Wars rides at Disneyland/World is Millenium Falcon: Smuggler’s Run, a flight simulator ride where you crew the ship during a heist. The ride got an update recently, and people have found a hidden “Chewbacca Mode” where instead of the regular alien giving you directions, it’s just Chewbacca growling at you (https://youtu.be/830VdZp3STo). You access it by having everyone on the ride do specific inputs before it starts, which means that this may be the first ride with a cheat code.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Oh jeez I am legit riding it tomorrow. Should I try to unlock it?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

bunnyofdoom posted:

Oh jeez I am legit riding it tomorrow. Should I try to unlock it?

Do it! Also, try your best to make sure you get one of the two Pilot positions because Gunner and Engineer suck. The Pilots are chosen from the first two in each group, but sometimes you can also ask the castmember who hands out assignment cards if you can specifically be Pilot by waiting for the next group.

Also, try and get to the park real early so you can also get into a Boarding Group for Rise of the Resistance, because that ride is incredible and kinda blows Smuggler’s Run away. You access the boarding groups from the Disney Parks app.

Enjoy yourself, I was there last month and it was fantastic.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

The supplemental content is baaaack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtR4T0SHveQ

Episode Guide

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

In my head I was hoping the Engineer and Gunner seats actually took place in appropriate parts of the ship (ie, Gunner put you in one of the crazy dorsal or ventral turrets from the movie) but apparently that’s not the case at all!

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE

I was really hoping for something close to Rebels Recon, at the very least hosted by Andi Guttierez. Those were always massively fun.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Xenomrph posted:

In my head I was hoping the Engineer and Gunner seats actually took place in appropriate parts of the ship (ie, Gunner put you in one of the crazy dorsal or ventral turrets from the movie) but apparently that’s not the case at all!

See that would be cool, but instead you’re just stuck pushing buttons behind the Pilots and you can’t even pay attention to what’s going on with the ride because poo poo’s constantly lighting up. I mean I get it, that’s how the ride vehicle is built to get the most people through per hour, but it’s still underwhelming.

Piloting though is everything you’d want, it’s cool as hell.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Do it! Also, try your best to make sure you get one of the two Pilot positions because Gunner and Engineer suck. The Pilots are chosen from the first two in each group, but sometimes you can also ask the castmember who hands out assignment cards if you can specifically be Pilot by waiting for the next group.

Also, try and get to the park real early so you can also get into a Boarding Group for Rise of the Resistance, because that ride is incredible and kinda blows Smuggler’s Run away. You access the boarding groups from the Disney Parks app.

Enjoy yourself, I was there last month and it was fantastic.

Already planning on boarding group shenanigans.

As for pilot, if I flash my RL pilot's license I should be a shoe in right?

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
A rogue clone seems like an interesting plotline to follow. I'm down.

Also let kids be the pilot. It matters more to them.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i guess disney is unveiling a new sw thing right now

https://twitter.com/jordiepoblete/status/1232150962921340928

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Blatant cross posting across the Finer Arts SW threads:
  • Interconnected story across literary media.
  • The 5 authors + Story Group + Publishing Team worked together to develop the overall story,
  • Set 200 years before the PT.
  • The Jedi of the High Republic are akin to the “Jedi Knights of the Round Table”.
  • The main villains are called the Nihil (sounds like Nile) and are described as space Vikings.
  • They are able to use hyperspace in a dangerous way, but no more details.
  • Light of the Jedi by Charles Soule is the first book, coming out August 25th. Will establish the era and kick off the adventure.
  • We’re going to see "The Great Disaster". Something terrible is going to happen at the opening of the novel.
  • A Test of Courage is a middle grade book by Justina Ireland. The main character is a sixteen year old Jedi Knight.
  • The High Republic comic from Marvel will be written by Cavan Scott. It will center on Starlight Station (mentioned in the recent comics).
  • Into the Dark by Claudia Gray. Since it’s from Lucasfilm Press, probably a young adult novel.
  • The High Republic Adventures comic from IDWPublishing is by Daniel Hose Older.
  • Everything announced is just phase one of the project, more licensees will be coming onboard, including Viz, Titan, DK and more.
  • More details will come out in the lead up to the release of the first book.

https://twitter.com/StarWarsExplain/status/1232154950999756801?s=20
https://twitter.com/StarWarsExplain/status/1232155570624286723?s=20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCat5fXRyyU

https://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-the-high-republic

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
It’s got a great creative group behind it, but taking place only 200 years before TPM feels like a cop out so that it’ll still “look” like the familiar Star Wars setting. Give me an updated Tales of the Jedi with rudimentary technology and more mystical Jedi already.

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

I love googling for the Aurebesh table and translating posters and signs whenever they do this.

For the lazy, here is the text:

PANEL 1
assassins
of the republic
who were they

PANEL 2
the malevolence
technical
weaknesses

PANEL 3
battlefield
beasts
the largest
machines of
war

TITLE
military
history
monthly

BELOW
geonosis
the last battle

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!
I'm certainly interested, but I don't think I'll be excited until a Filoni show is announced or I hear a REALLY good review of one of the releases.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

I mean yeah, right now it kind of looks like just a bunch of books and comics, which, fine, I'll check them out, but it's not going to get me super excited.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
I feel like as a medium, books and comics are way more likely to have jedi as super saiyans instead of samurai. Then again, the prequels...

Different authors and a lack of central vision also leads to weird oneupsmanship.

Shbobdb fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Feb 25, 2020

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy

Funky Valentine posted:

Tarkin being the gung ho LET'S KILL THE TEENAGER prosecutor in Ahsoka's trial does make Vader's stable working relationship with him by a New Hope kind of odd, yeah.

Wasn't it a punishment for Vader that he had to follow Tarkin's lead on the Death Star? IIRC he was SEETHING about it

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Cage Kicker posted:

Wasn't it a punishment for Vader that he had to follow Tarkin's lead on the Death Star? IIRC he was SEETHING about it

I never got that impression from the original. Vader kind of seethes 100% of the time anyway.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I have a lot of faith in the group of people making this, so even if it is only 200 years before the Clone Wars, i don't think we'll get a reskin of the Galactic Civil War (which, no matter how you cut it, KOTOR is just that).

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Can't wait for the XWing, except this time it's a T-1 instead of a T-65 and is totally different we swear

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

twistedmentat posted:

I have a lot of faith in the group of people making this, so even if it is only 200 years before the Clone Wars, i don't think we'll get a reskin of the Galactic Civil War (which, no matter how you cut it, KOTOR is just that).

The involvement of Soule and Gray pretty much guarantees it’ll be quality and definitely helps to negate some of my skepticism about the setting.

Soule could write a book about Boss Nass and I’d still read it.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Who's ready for Silver Fox Yoda?

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

General Dog posted:

Who's ready for Silver Fox Yoda?

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

Swolda.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Vinylshadow posted:

Can't wait for the XWing, except this time it's a T-1 instead of a T-65 and is totally different we swear

I think we've established that technological development in the GFFA is effectively stalled. For every advance, some older tech is forgotten.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Big Mean Jerk posted:

The involvement of Soule and Gray pretty much guarantees it’ll be quality and definitely helps to negate some of my skepticism about the setting.

Soule could write a book about Boss Nass and I’d still read it.

Exactly. And it seems to be a massively cooprative thing. No one is the overlord trying to "make it theirs".

I haven't read a Star Wars novel in years, i will 100% pick up Soule's novel.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Aw, they cut out the Padme nose art gag.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

God drat, the Bad Batch rules.

edit: drat good episode. Wow.

thrawn527 fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Feb 29, 2020

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

twistedmentat posted:

Exactly. And it seems to be a massively cooprative thing. No one is the overlord trying to "make it theirs".

I haven't read a Star Wars novel in years, i will 100% pick up Soule's novel.

Double post, but read Lost Stars by Claudia Gray. It’s the best Star Wars book I’ve read in many years.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

thrawn527 posted:

Double post, but read Lost Stars by Claudia Gray. It’s the best Star Wars book I’ve read in many years.

Yea I've been thinking of diving right in with the new canon from the start, but i've got a bout a half dozen books i've not even cracked.

Man I forgot how much I hated Anakin and Padme sneaking around in Clone Wars.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

“Sneaking”, since Obi Wan and Rex seems to have an idea.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Bail Organa has to at least suspect because of that episode where he interrupts them about to bone down in her office and Padme ends up with Anakin's lightsaber.

Tomtrek
Feb 5, 2006

I've had people walk out on me before, but not when I was being so charming.

Yeah they 'sneak' but basically everyone around them knows something is up, although most likely not that they're actually married. Rex knows, Obi-Wan knows, Bail probably knows, Ahsoka knows.

I'm so happy Clone Wars is back. These last two episodes have been amazing.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Obi wan knows, only because he set the framework for that when he and the duchess were together and he can spot his own work a mile away. As usual, Obi Wan succeeded* where Anakin failed :laffo:

*he got to re-learn that lesson with Maul :(

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea that's why I dislike the sneaking because Anakin is bad at it and everyone knows, and none of them care.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

The Bad Batch is so good. I wish they would've released the entire arc all at once though. Ffffffuck having to wait a week.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I like the bit where Anakin actually sort of encouraged Ahsoka when she had her crush on Satine's nephew, or at least didn't yell about no romantic entanglements.

Dawgstar fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Feb 29, 2020

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Dawgstar posted:

I like the bit where Anakin actually sort of encouraged Ahsoka when she had her crush on Sabine's nephew, or at least didn't yell about no romantic entanglements.

Satine or Sabine? Also is that Bo-Katan's son or nephew too?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

bunnyofdoom posted:

Satine or Sabine? Also is that Bo-Katan's son or nephew too?

The former. Off by a letter and forgot that was actually somebody else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Star Wars explained in their video answering some High Republic questions that yes, Yoda would be around at this time. I agree with their hope that if he's around, he's just another Jedi around.