Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Kara looks off in these flashbacks/transpositions. Is it just that it's been a few years?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Man, even in a different timeline, they just love putting Otis in a game-changer decoy mask!

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Vietnamwees posted:

Man, even in a different timeline, they just love putting Otis in a game-changer decoy mask!

I think he may be my favorite person to see back, I wasn't expecting that.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Next episode March 8th? What's happening THIS time?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
That was great. I love this version of Myx being basically Q.

Also the real answer was to take Ben Lockwood out to an island and leave him there. Technically it was the berries he ate that killed him not Supergirl.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
I thought this was going to be some godawful clip episode ala shades of grey. I'm so happy to have been wrong.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

The Lord Bude posted:

I thought this was going to be some godawful clip episode ala shades of grey. I'm so happy to have been wrong.

When's the last time a show had a clip show?

Wait, I bet it was some lovely CBS Sitcom wasn't it?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Clerks: the animated series.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

twistedmentat posted:

When's the last time a show had a clip show?

Wait, I bet it was some lovely CBS Sitcom wasn't it?

Stargate SG1 did one.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Clip shows are generally an artifact of when seasons tended to be way longer and also there weren't things like home video or streaming so the audience wouldn't be *quite* as familiar with what you were showing them (though they still noticed and it's not like anyone liked these things.)

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Lord Bude posted:

Stargate SG1 did one.

They did like three.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea but I don't think anyone has done one in this century.

Poor Lena.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Legend of Korra had a clip show because they got hosed by the network.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Community had a clip show episode that pulled clips from episodes that never existed.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

ruddiger posted:

Community had a clip show episode that pulled clips from episodes that never existed.

SG1 also did this as part of a clip show.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Scrubs did a bunch

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Bruceski posted:

Kara looks off in these flashbacks/transpositions. Is it just that it's been a few years?

It looked like she was wearing a wig for any of the non-bangs hairstyles.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

muscles like this! posted:

It looked like she was wearing a wig for any of the non-bangs hairstyles.

Yeah, and it changed the shape of her face enough for me. I joke about blonde women looking the same to me, but part of my brain was seriously trying to parse those scenes as Miss Tessmacher in the suit so I may not be wrong.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
It also doesn't help that every single woman in the CW shows has The Hair, long on top with loose curls at the bottom. It's really noticeable on Legends because both Sara and Ava have it.

The bangs at least break it up for Kara.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
So they really didn't address the fact that Mxxy was being played by a completely different actor, right? And I remember him saying that the 'Council' was punishing him and making him make amends for his actions. What council!? There's some organization in the 5th dimension that polices everyone!?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Vietnamwees posted:

So they really didn't address the fact that Mxxy was being played by a completely different actor, right? And I remember him saying that the 'Council' was punishing him and making him make amends for his actions. What council!? There's some organization in the 5th dimension that polices everyone!?

He said that he put on a younger sexier face to try and woo Kara and went overboard into sexcreep territory and that this was closer to his real appearance.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Vietnamwees posted:

His magic was bound under court orders so.... yes.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melissa looks really weird in these wigs.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

nine-gear crow posted:

He said that he put on a younger sexier face to try and woo Kara and went overboard into sexcreep territory and that this was closer to his real appearance.

I like that the show is aware enough to realize that they made his first appearance super creepy and decided to make amends for it.

I cannot remember if the Hat was 5th dimension in origins in the comics.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
It's good to see that horrible wigs didn't die with Arrow.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I just saw the new thread title.

Nice.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Sounds like Melissa Benoist is pregnant based on her Instagram.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I hope they write that in next season.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Rhyno posted:

I hope they write that in next season.

Not if it means William is the baby daddy. They'll probably just write around it as best they can, but there's also a chance they push the start of season six to midseason, and have Supergirl take over for Legends.

Kara finding out she's pregnant would make one heck of a season ending cliffhanger though.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, writing in Kara being pregnant would be really, really big. Its not the same as like a member of an ensemble workplace sitcom where you may never see the kid. Pregnant Supergirl is some big poo poo.

It makes much more sense to just push back production unless you're ready to commit there.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

howe_sam posted:

Not if it means William is the baby daddy. They'll probably just write around it as best they can, but there's also a chance they push the start of season six to midseason, and have Supergirl take over for Legends.

Kara finding out she's pregnant would make one heck of a season ending cliffhanger though.

Myx did the unthinkable!

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, writing in Kara being pregnant would be really, really big. Its not the same as like a member of an ensemble workplace sitcom where you may never see the kid. Pregnant Supergirl is some big poo poo.

It makes much more sense to just push back production unless you're ready to commit there.

Alternatively you pull a DS9 and have Kara be a surrogate mother for Alex and Kelly.

Also, of course what's really important is maximum congratulations to Benoist and Wood!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Supergirl adds a new item to her costume: a giant handbag carrying a potted plant

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

STAC Goat posted:

Especially since Superman is getting a show with kids soon, another superbaby is redundant.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

howe_sam posted:

Alternatively you pull a DS9 and have Kara be a surrogate mother for Alex and Kelly.

Also, of course what's really important is maximum congratulations to Benoist and Wood!

I mean, I know Kara loves her sister but I'm not sure the Kryptonian womb of one of Earth's greatest protectors is the best surrogate choice.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Oh no there's more kryptonite in the atmosphere or something. Now Supergirl's stunt double has to spend most of the season wearing that helmet and suit.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Supergirl adds a new item to her costume: a giant handbag carrying a potted plant

Danielle Panabaker on The Flash is pregnant and they've addressed this by just pretending she doesn't have a big preggers belly. She's wearing loose clothes but it totally doesn't hide it.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Kara suddenly stops flying, shooting eye lasers, and fighting robot creatures for 9 months as the CG budget goes entirely to hiding Melissa’s baby bump :v:

Seriously though, that’s incredible news. Congrats to both her and Chris Wood.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

muscles like this! posted:

Danielle Panabaker on The Flash is pregnant and they've addressed this by just pretending she doesn't have a big preggers belly. She's wearing loose clothes but it totally doesn't hide it.

I genuinely hadn't noticed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grillfiend
Nov 29, 2015

Belgians ITT
(ie Me)

"oh no Supergirl's been infected by an alien parasite"