Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Rauros posted:

https://twitter.com/ChrisLu44/status/1232360778805547009?s=20

I wonder if this will remove the wool from anyone's eyes. "This isn't funny anymore; he's going to kill us all with incompetence."

once it starts spreading spreading in the US and the economy starts crashing all the while trump is bitching about dumb stuff and saying empty poo poo. than it may.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

My stove defies the laws of physics!

Neo Rasa posted:

I work in NYC and run into a lot of real estate people in recent months due to my job and a lot of the bizarre ways Trump speaks aren't even unique to Trump, I'm starting to realize more that he just speaks in "real estate rear end in a top hat."

It's more bloviating rear end in a top hat who has no substance to support their claims. It's just superlatives all the way down. Best this, biggest that.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

PhazonLink posted:

reminder that Qers think bleach cures them of diseases.

We should encourage this practice among Q's.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Rauros posted:

https://twitter.com/ChrisLu44/status/1232360778805547009?s=20

I wonder if this will remove the wool from anyone's eyes. "This isn't funny anymore; he's going to kill us all with incompetence."

During the earliest debates he was just about anti-vaccine until he noticed Rand Paul and Ben Carson (the two ACTUAL DOCTORS on the stage) were also and he walked it back to being for vaccines but against how often they're administered.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

He absolutely will the day after the election. Manafort, too.

Whether he wins or loses, we should brace for Trump to pardon a lot of really terrible people after the election.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

twice burned ice posted:

It's more bloviating rear end in a top hat who has no substance to support their claims. It's just superlatives all the way down. Best this, biggest that.

He can be a dumbass in more than one way.

OutOfPrint
Apr 9, 2009

Fun Shoe

beejay posted:

I dunno, Americans are pretty dumb. I work in an office and we get a fuckload of sick time and people have been coming in ultra sick for the past two weeks. I go off on them, and they say "I was raised to never skip school or work unless I am physically unable to move."

I'm a permanent contract worker in an office full of full timers. Every day off I take is money I can't use to buy food. They don't use any of their sick time when they get sick, though, which means I get sick thanks to our open office layout, and I keep coming in because I like food and shelter like some kind of greedy rear end in a top hat, so I get other people around me sick, and no one seems to be able to put 2 and 2 together on why everyone is sick all of the loving time.

Give me some sick time and, oh man, will I take that poo poo when I'm sick.

PhazonLink posted:

reminder that Qers think bleach cures them of diseases.

Sometimes the Qer is worse than the disease.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Neo Rasa posted:

During the earliest debates he was just about anti-vaccine until he noticed Rand Paul and Ben Carson (the two ACTUAL DOCTORS on the stage) were also and he walked it back to being for vaccines but against how often they're administered.

That's where most anti-vaxxers have retreated, by the way. It's hardly unique to Trump

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

OutOfPrint posted:

Sometimes the Qer is worse than the disease.
:golfclap:

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Dapper_Swindler posted:

once it starts spreading spreading in the US and the economy starts crashing all the while trump is bitching about dumb stuff and saying empty poo poo. than it may.

You kidding me? There will be praise from the Trumpers for the virus killing off those democrat coastal elites or some poo poo like that. That, or "the virus isn't killing the right people!"

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

Astro7x posted:

You kidding me? There will be praise from the Trumpers for the virus killing off those democrat coastal elites or some poo poo like that. That, or "the virus isn't killing the right people!"

Trumpers will be dying in droves.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Has this been posted yet because loving :laffo:

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1232378509990989825?s=19

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

This means people on the Mexican side are within their right to do a certain thing. The Supreme Court is not fit to remain as it is.

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG

Tatsuta Age posted:

her hatred of "Trump" why the gently caress does his shitbrain do that
It’s not out of some sort of “cunning recognition of his brand”

It’s because he’s exactly parroting something he heard on Fox News, and he’s too dumb to change the tense

That’s all

Stop trying to give him credit

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug

He had to be tricked into eating better LIKE A DOG

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
Corona virus isn't the end of the world, but a massively infectious disease with a very large r0 and a 2+% mortality rate when treated is crazy. Not worth chicken littleing over, but absolutely worth taking very seriously.

Barring a miraculous discovery asap wrt treatment or a vaccine, it is going to be a big deal

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

Chamale posted:

If it becomes widespread in the US, lots of restaurant managers are going to demand their workers come in even if they have coronavirus, and then they'll face no consequences whatsoever.

this. Corporate restaurants like olive garden and whatnot will have people that arent sick doing a poo poo ton of double shifts but they will put their hours on their paycheck in such a way that they dont get overtime.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
https://twitter.com/SikhProf/status/1232376801504235521
https://twitter.com/IvankaTrump/status/1231569327045910530

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Nonsense posted:

This means people on the Mexican side are within their right to do a certain thing. The Supreme Court is not fit to remain as it is.

The cartels should just start sniping ICE jackboots from the Mexican side of the border.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Ms Adequate posted:

The cartels should just start sniping ICE jackboots from the Mexican side of the border.

You know exactly what President Deals would do.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Wistful of Dollars posted:

I do :negative:

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Ms Adequate posted:

I wouldn’t be surprised if you do see reports of “someone” on the other side of the boarder “attacking” Border Patrol. That ruling really does setup something very ugly being cooked up on the border.

Remember it only takes one or two morons to cause an international incident.

Djarum fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Feb 25, 2020

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Bomb an airbase then say everything's fine when dozens of soldiers suffer life altering trauma from the retaliation?

TyroneGoldstein
Mar 30, 2005

Not much, probably. Remember, this clown can't handle literally anything more administrative than telling whoever's taking his food order that he wants a scoop of ice cream for dessert. I mean it'd be a crisis and they'd have to distract him down, but nothing substantive would come from it because we are not getting into military incursion territory with Mexico.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Reddit changed their policy and if you upvote stuff on t_d you get banned and the chuds are just melting down over it lol.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

cr0y posted:

Reddit changed their policy and if you upvote stuff on t_d you get banned and the chuds are just melting down over it lol.

Thats going to do wonders to all the bigoted and outright racist drivel constantly posted, but approved because upvotes! bullshit that their subreddits loves to peddle.

And I mean on their "comedy" subreddits as well not just t_d

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Revelation 2-13 posted:

Did china just win the US election for the democrats with their "boomer"-killer virus? One can hope.

"Why the Coronavirus killing half the boomers means Bernie will lose in November"

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

My stove defies the laws of physics!

cr0y posted:

I see that they're replacing r/rt_d mods, but I don't see anything for banning for upvotes except some self-victimizing whine post

Edit:
Oh, of course it's a lovely exaggeration because the Trump supporters have to play up their victomhood whenever possible.

quote:

Users who consistently upvote policy-breaking content within quarantined communities will receive automated warnings, followed by further consequences like a temporary or permanent suspension.

Basically, if you consistently show support for rulebreaking poo poo, you'll be banned. Not exactly an unfair policy, but if you listen to /r/the_donalders they'll say it's the death of reddit and Chinese censorship

twice burned ice fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Feb 25, 2020

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Bob Iger is a piece of poo poo.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

cr0y posted:

At this point why not go all the way and delete it

e: oh, because they're actually doing the absolute minimum to get their critics to quiet down

mystes
May 31, 2006

haveblue posted:

At this point why not go all the way and delete it

e: oh, because they're actually doing the absolute minimum to get their critics to quiet down
It would be neat if it was a honeypot to identify and ban chuds, though.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Merkel is a failure and the Afd are nazi fucks

https://twitter.com/katebitz/status/1232421014899871744?s=20

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

Honestly probably nothing, Trump already thinks that cartel death squads are killing people by throwing bales of drugs over the barriers.

Also the dominant cartels employ a bunch of people with combat experience and former SF guys etc who are very well armed. ICE and CBP are full of dudes who have never been closer to combat than getting beaten up in elementary school and have no combat training or experience so unless the actual full strength of the military gets deployed, idk what a bunch of fat sweaty dudes are going to do. Trump personally does not give one single solitary gently caress about some random jackboot who rides around the southern border and tbh you probably couldn't even get Trump to publicly pretend to care, either.

Like if you have vet status and have preferential hiring going for you, you're not using that advantage to go into the absolute dead end, horribly paid, shitshow jobs that cbp and ice are struggling to fill

It's darkly funny how totally universal it is that cops are literally the worst people to arm

Djarum posted:

I wouldn’t be surprised if you do see reports of “someone” on the other side of the boarder “attacking” Border Patrol. That ruling really does setup something very ugly being cooked up on the border.

Remember it only takes one or two morons to cause an international incident.

Neither the US nor Mexican administrations want or are in a position for a hostile crisis of any sort. Aside from the camps, the border wall stuff has been a huge defeat for Trump and he's only half heartedly lying about the border wall at this point.

Also I think it's far more likely that the 'immigrants have no standing against the federal govt' stuff is intended much more as a shield for ICE camp guards than anyone else.

Herstory Begins Now fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Feb 25, 2020

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

I wouldn't mind an international incident with ICE agents eating poo poo right before President Sanders obliterates them.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Herstory Begins Now posted:

Trump already thinks that cartel death squads are killing people by throwing bales of drugs over the barriers.
the fact that the leader of the free world thinks a signifcant concern is people randomly walking exactly along the US border getting bonked on the head by 5-kilo coke bricks being hucked over a wall is seriously one of the more entertaining things about this administration

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

cr0y posted:

Yeah I saw that yesterday and I don’t think it is a good move for Reddit. If Reddit had good policies for following their own guidelines over the years and didn’t have a history of trying to silence things that makes them look bad it would be one thing. I am perfectly fine with the idea of trying to discourage hate speech anywhere and if it were used in that way awesome. But I know that they will use it to silence dissident or something that is not positive for them.

It is one of the difficult issues of free speech since you have to accept that in order to be free to speak your beliefs you also must allow others to as well no matter how ugly or hateful they are.

Now as a non government entity Reddit can do whatever they want with their service. Free speech matters not there nor here for that matter. It just doesn’t paint a good precedent when it happens because it causes people to fear making their opinions known, limits debate and encourages “group think”. Granted Reddit encourages that with its walled garden approach to forums in the first place but that is neither here nor there.

A better solution for them would be for problem Reddits to have their moderation removed and have the company take it over for a period of time.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
Somehow a bunch of idiots over the years have managed to get the absolute privilege of saying anything anytime anywhere to anyone conflated with the right to free speech and it's one of the dumbest things about this country. Yeah free speech is great, no you can't just say 'there are no rules wrt speech' in any sphere, public or private, digital or otherwise and have it not turn into a huge dumpsterfire. The sooner people writ large accept that the better.

Shrecknet posted:

the fact that the leader of the free world thinks a signifcant concern is people randomly walking exactly along the US border getting bonked on the head by 5-kilo coke bricks being hucked over a wall is seriously one of the more entertaining things about this administration

Yeah it's legit one of the only hilarious things ever to come out of trump's mouth

Herstory Begins Now fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Feb 25, 2020

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Djarum posted:

It is one of the difficult issues of free speech since you have to accept that in order to be free to speak your beliefs you also must allow others to as well no matter how ugly or hateful they are.

No, you really don't. That's techno-libertarian bullshit speaking. Reddit pays millions of dollars for servers to run. They own those servers. They control _everything_ those servers do. Reddit absolutely can and should police the speech on their servers.

This is not Reddit policing what you say in your home or on the street corner. This is Reddit policing what's posted and served from machines they own and run. There is _zero_ expectation of first amendment rights on their servers.

Zero.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Actually they should ban the Nazis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

so what are the chances these rear end in a top hat just walk the same path as hitler too power, or hell just try a coup. they clearly have a gently caress ton of power in the police. i am not saying it would last. but i am just curious.