Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Why wouldn't you just poop into a paper towel and throw it out the window?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Not a troll post

Seph
Jul 12, 2004

Please look at this photo every time you support or defend war crimes. Thank you.
living in southern california owns. not only is the constant warmth and sunshine immensely pleasurable, but it also protects us from apocalyptic viruses too. i hope everyone else has fun in your frigid, virus-laden hellscapes

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Wait why are we throwing poop out of the window again? Does it ward away the infected hordes?

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

Republicans, probably: "wow this is unbelievable, who put these idiots in charge of the executive branch!"

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

if you're not boobytrapping your dwelling so as to get revenge from beyond the grave on whoever survives you're missing an opportunity

get your neighbors in it, make a multistory hole covered with rugs

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

naem posted:

also a 5 gallon bucket with an airtight lid, and some cat litter (to poop in) (you poop in teh bucket and cover with cat liddar, put the lid back on)
im gonna skip the middleman and just head down to the boat ramp!!!

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

I'm just gonna turn my appartment into a 30 degree sauna from now on. Check and mate virus, hope you brought a fan.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

This lady at my work is super paranoid about getting the Coronavirus and is constantly wearing a mask but she is using the same mask every time every day lmao.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

I actually broke down and bought the fam a box of MREs this year, to go with the bottled water and the commercial gel toilet. Now it will never earthquake, nyahaha!

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
yeah having no emergency supply of food previously, at least now i won't have to feel foolish unless it expires without something terrible happening in the next decade

i like my odds

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Arsenic Lupin posted:

I actually broke down and bought the fam a box of MREs this year, to go with the bottled water and the commercial gel toilet. Now it will never earthquake, nyahaha!

My family had MREs in the 90's and we mostly just ate them when my parents didn't even feel like the half-assed cooking they normally do. I though they were pretty good TBH, but I guess if you're in the field and living off of them it would suck.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/SantaInc/status/1232408390367727617

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
Virus is going to wonders for CO2 and the upcoming presidential election.

Seph
Jul 12, 2004

Please look at this photo every time you support or defend war crimes. Thank you.

we already know that this number goes up more than other numbers though

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.
Is it a good or a bad thing if they’re overestimating the mortality rate because there are likely a huge number of unidentified asymptomatic carriers that aren't being counted?

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

virgin science vs chad wolf

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

Subvisual Haze posted:

Is it a good or a bad thing if they’re overestimating the mortality rate because there are likely a huge number of unidentified asymptomatic carriers that aren't being counted?

Yes, there's downward pressure on the CFR from all the unidentified carriers. There's also upward pressure from those who died and haven't been found, and those who died from COVID but the deaths weren't counted as related. There could also be significant upward pressure from overwhelmed medical systems that run out of beds, ventilators, and other forms of critical care.

All we know right now is that it's much more communicable and deadly than seasonal flu. And that's enough to have a big impact on everyone and every country. Take basic proactive steps now, and if it turns out better than expected then you just don't need to buy rice/beans/TP/medicine for a while.

coronavirus
Jan 27, 2020

by Cyrano4747

The only thing I am looking forward to in this hellscape coronavirus world is re-playing Deus Ex with even more enthusiasm.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

coronavirus posted:

The only thing I am looking forward to in this hellscape coronavirus world is re-playing Deus Ex with even more enthusiasm.
You should try the GMDX mod if you havnt already.

coronavirus
Jan 27, 2020

by Cyrano4747

numberoneposter posted:

You should try the GMDX mod if you havnt already.

I've done that and Revision and they were both great in their own way. All 3 (vanilla) are worth a replay every year or 2.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Clearly this chad guy was put in place to extract money from the governement and divert it to rich people. They are evil has they are stupid.

hallelujah
Jan 26, 2020

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
chad wolf

dick pound

president donald trump

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Iron Crowned posted:

My family had MREs in the 90's and we mostly just ate them when my parents didn't even feel like the half-assed cooking they normally do. I though they were pretty good TBH, but I guess if you're in the field and living off of them it would suck.

I actually want to grab some for camping because watching that Steve1989MRE channel makes them look surprisingly tasty but they're like stupid expensive to get up in Canada everywhere I've looked :saddowns:

TheBuilder
Jul 11, 2001
they are awful, don't be fooled by his lies

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
MREs are never cheap and if they are, they're expired or literally on the verge.

Remember Astronaut Ice Cream? How it was always like, $3 for a two ounce bar? And it never tasted anything like you were hoping?

It's the same with MREs.

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

Subvisual Haze posted:

So the gist that I am being getting from the COVID-19 is that, while it's still higher then the flu, it doesn't seem to kill a lot of people but is extremely virulent. There is also some case where people who recovered from the virus catch it again and is in worst condition then the first time, but we have not a lot of information. In fact we don't have a lot of information at all on how it's spread. One other thing it seem that someone found a way to make a vaccine and it could be ready in august so IDK.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

TheBuilder posted:

they are awful, don't be fooled by his lies

Yeah I have to remind myself that when he's complimenting a modern MRE he's comparing it to a depth of experience that includes beef from the late 1800's.

naem
May 29, 2011

hallelujah posted:

chad wolf

dick pound

president donald trump
brought to you by Carl’s Jr. ©️™️®️

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Klyith posted:

The big question for us here in the US, and the world in general, is whether this thing will survive well enough through warm weather that it can come back big next winter. Even if there are hidden infected people in the US right now, just waiting for the 2 weeks incubation to set things off, the rate of doubling wouldn't be hitting tons of people before May and the normal end of cold & flu season. Your parents are gonna be ok, for now.

SARS was sufficiently hampered by warm weather that the first summer pretty much killed it, there was too small a reservoir before it was winter again. Covid is way more infectious than SARS to start, but if it also happens to really hate summers that would be really helpful for us. OTOH if it can keep that R-value close enough to 1 to persist like normal cold viruses then it's gonna be tough 9 months from now.

Is there no way to find out whether this will be the case? Must we simply wait for summer and see what happens?

Regardless of whether it completely disappears I somehow doubt it will survive here in Vegas with our 110 degree daytime temperatures. Hell it's already like 75 and winter hasn't even ended

Something funny I read about this cult, apparently they have members sit super close together, packed in on the floor. And then after every sentence in the sermon they are encouraged to shout AMEN at the top of their lungs, ensuring the propagation of virus-laden plummage or whatever they're calling it now

doctorfrog posted:

That last sentence is really weird.
Prepare yourself.
Prepare yourself for an expectation.
The expectation that you must prepare yourself for is this: that this might be bad.
Now, you shouldn't expect this, yet, but you should be prepared for the expectation.
The expectation? That it might be bad.
Note that we're asking you to do this, this is entirely optional on your part.

Yeah it's some super amazing weaselspeak. In this case they are simply trying to avoid panicking people but they're trying a bit TOO hard and descending into the realm of incomprehensible nonsense

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

stephenthinkpad posted:

Wuhan undercounted the dead body a lot in Jan. A lot of people died without confirming the virus in their bodies. The government has an idea how many people died thru the cremation data. However wuhan also severely undercounted the light patients and asymptomatic infected. They can't get a number unless they do large scale antibody test on the whole city.

You could get a good estimate against historical data though, surely? Compare how many fatal cases of "flu-like symptoms" in Wuhan the last 10 januaries with how many this january. If an average january has 500 people die of respiratory illness, and this year 800 people died of respiratory illness then probably about 300 of those folks were Covid19.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Me: this Halloween.

https://twitter.com/maikyman17/status/1232443579882016768?s=19

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

MREs are never cheap and if they are, they're expired or literally on the verge.

Remember Astronaut Ice Cream? How it was always like, $3 for a two ounce bar? And it never tasted anything like you were hoping?

It's the same with MREs.

Astronaut ice cream was/is amazing though?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

LimburgLimbo posted:

Astronaut ice cream was/is amazing though?

If you've never had real ice cream, sure.

Give Ben and Jerry's a crack at it, then maybe, maybe I'd try it again. But because it's B&J it would cost $8 for a 2oz bar.

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

If you've never had real ice cream, sure.

Give Ben and Jerry's a crack at it, then maybe, maybe I'd try it again. But because it's B&J it would cost $8 for a 2oz bar.

What exactly were you expecting this stuff to taste like my dude lol

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

I actually want to grab some for camping because watching that Steve1989MRE channel makes them look surprisingly tasty but they're like stupid expensive to get up in Canada everywhere I've looked :saddowns:

MREs are good because they are stupidly calorie dense, around relatively easy to transport in a pack, and have their own heat source. They aren't a cheap or tasty source of food, and usually aren't the best choice if you are preparing to hunker down and weight isn't a serious factor.

Also, it's generally just a waste of time and money to stock up on food.

AreWeDrunkYet fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Feb 26, 2020

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

ITT we post our favorite lentil recipes

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

numberoneposter posted:

ITT we post our favorite lentil recipes

No.

Bean chat is in Cspam.

That thread has had like 600 posts today and its all bean chat.

The real news is how badly the CDC and Trump are getting ready to gently caress us all with this by not testing anyone / using faulty tests lol.

The real poo poo is gonna hit the fan in a few days a week tops.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Oh my god you guys. Freakin lammo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Not a single goon will even get sick aside from doing stuff that'll make them sick later like cashing out their 401k for freeze dried lasagna