Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which Nintendo character would you like to see in the next Soul Calibur game?
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 99 8.48%
Other 53 4.54%
jenna got milked 1015 86.98%
Total: 1167 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

oddium posted:

i am a bright spot, a ray of sun shine. the "oddium promise"

You don't like recreational drugs and that makes me Sad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

2 percent case-fatality means you will know someone who dies from it

This is the fatality rate of the Spanish flu

lmao you think I have 50 friends

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Dischorr_N posted:

If the Bern flames out it'll be because Warren rallied and she's even better

:chloe:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Thanks for talking about it thread and sorry for barging in on it all. I have a few friends that are pretty negative and it's been on me (for better or worse) to keep them level headed and my anxiety finally flared up because I just don't know what to believe at this point. I currently live with my mother because she's getting up in age and seriously needs me around otherwise she falls flat on her face a lot and I'm super concerned about her- and just everything in general. Seeing footage of stores completely cleaned out has me wondering if I should be doomsday prepping myself- that kind of thing.

Then I hop online and it feels like I have two sides going "we're all going to die panic panic panic.'' while another side is just "you know the media is just trying to scare you right, this really isn't that bad." and it's just doing a number on my stupid rear end when all I want to do is try to live my life and play funny animal crossing game :smith: I just feel really overwhelmed as gaming is usually my escape for unwinding and now that it's getting hit in discussions it's hard to avoid.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Do your best not to fret about things you cannot control, friend.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
if it helps i went into mostly depression meltdown mode this week and was close to just laying on the floor until a government agent with a big spatula made me move, so don't be afraid to come here (or elsewhere!) to talk if you need to, nerds can stow the shitposting for a minute if someone needs to talk

Disco Anne
Apr 1, 2010

Assume you're going to survive.
:boom:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

all I want to do is try to live my life and play funny animal crossing game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbN1wh5slnA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xR1GOytnd0I

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i bought a ~$20 ticket to a show in austin (magic sword and dance with the dead) but while i was originally not going to go because of irrational anxiety i can now say i'm not going because of rational coronavirus anxiety

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

What wonderful cats.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
we just finished sonic adventure and y'all it's still dope as hell

Kerrzhe posted:

i bought a ~$20 ticket to a show in austin (magic sword and dance with the dead) but while i was originally not going to go because of irrational anxiety i can now say i'm not going because of rational coronavirus anxiety

i live in austin and i can assure you i do not have the virus, probably

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Is there such a thing as a bad animal crossing cat?

I think the worst is maybe Stinky but that's because I find him genuinely unpleasant to look at.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Punchy told me that if the rain were replaced with chocolate milk he would lay on his back with his mouth open until he drowned to death and that kind of cemented him as my favorite villager of all time. Seeing Punchy rise up in the past few years has filled me with power.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Wait for it, wait for it.

What is KK Slider's favorite brand of dog food?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e757WWZabeI

Cesar brand.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Punchy told me that if the rain were replaced with chocolate milk he would lay on his back with his mouth open until he drowned to death and that kind of cemented him as my favorite villager of all time. Seeing Punchy rise up in the past few years has filled me with power.

my gf's favorite animal has always been punchy and i've suddenly seen like three other people also say he's their favorite in the last couple days, it's been a bit surreal

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

K.K fan songs are good but I get sad when the trademark 'awoo' isn't in them

Looper posted:

my gf's favorite animal has always been punchy and i've suddenly seen like three other people also say he's their favorite in the last couple days, it's been a bit surreal

I don't think I had a favorite in the gamecube game. I only got to play it sparingly due to uh, abusive stuff nobody wants to hear about and it being a 'girly' game. But when Wild World came out he was one of my villagers (and where that line came from) and I remember talking to him every day because his stupid quotes always made me laugh. Now whenever I play AC games I try my best to make sure he's in my village because even if the script is weak he still has that special growing up connection with me :v:

For what it's worth though yeah seeing other people come out and draw fanart of him has surprised me as I always heard 'bob is the best' while I'm in the background going 'but Punchy is better tho'.

He's a very good cat. Look at him go.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
I really appreciate the "verify integrity of game files" button in steam. It's the first button I usually press when things are weird and more often than not it fixes things and it makes PC gaming significantly less frustrating.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Remember when for a whole decade you had to delete clientregistry.blob once a month to make steam work

Epic sure sucks for not having a shopping cart tho

May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
so master of magic received a dlc, an upgraded version of a big mod:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1250690/Master_of_Magic_Caster_of_Magic/

pretty neat

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

The big COVID issue is that, even assuming numbers about the death totals aren't significantly under-reported, large areas in China are in complete martial law lockdowns and it's brought manufacturing to a standstill. The US stock market is reliant on Chinese production since we've outsourced every job we could and if things stall out for too long and the market totally crashes then the Fed goes with it and we have a total economic meltdown since even government programs like Social Security rely on the market to keep it afloat. Anyways, I think I might be done with Dying Light, it's just too janky to stick with considering how many hoops I have to jump through to avoid the parts of the game that are really obnoxious. Still amazed it's as held in as high regard as it is and yet Dead Island was universally panned. I see Troubleshooter is on sale for 10$ and I've had it on my wishlist for literally years but if they've finally finished implementing the entire storyline I'll finally buy in.

Zushio
May 8, 2008
The real secret of Dying Light is to have 3 guns and a single melee weapon. I made this mistake until the halfway point by keeping 3 melee weapons and a gun. Really, really bad call.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Dischorr_N posted:

If the Bern flames out it'll be because Warren rallied and she's even better, so no worries there. We still have the research ability to handle coronavirus, and it's not as if it spreads by wifi to infect the terminally online. And we have games! So many great games!

Edit: also cats

All of the other candidates are too busy straddling the fence to win. You’d think after Obama the Democrats would realize you have to do more to motivate people than advertise yourself as the lesser of two evils. The left will ditch your rear end and moderates are fine with the status quo.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Guns are loud, it's all about the bow

al-azad
May 28, 2009

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Guns are loud, it's all about the bow

Give me an explosive arrow any day

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

al-azad posted:

All of the other candidates are too busy straddling the fence to win. You’d think after Obama the Democrats would realize you have to do more to motivate people than advertise yourself as the lesser of two evils. The left will ditch your rear end and moderates are fine with the status quo.

Even the attacks against Sanders help him. Not only do they give Sanders a chance to respond and espouse his own position, it casts all the other candidates as existing only in relationship to Sanders. Instead of several people with different platforms, it's just Sanders vs not-Sanders. It's exactly what happened with the Republican primary in 2016.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

The DLC 400 damage ranger bow is great and I've gotten to the point where I either just kill every enemy with the bow, or just don't kill enemies at all because who cares. I think once I get a larger surplus of guns and ammo things would be more fun but I'm still relatively early on where I'm not supposed to have anything stronger than the Police Rifle. All the melee crafting options seem fun but ultimately pointless because why would I waste my resources on extremely limited use weapons that break all the time?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1232521117018947584?s=20

Oh word?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

K.K fan songs are good but I get sad when the trademark 'awoo' isn't in them

I don't think I had a favorite in the gamecube game. I only got to play it sparingly due to uh, abusive stuff nobody wants to hear about and it being a 'girly' game. But when Wild World came out he was one of my villagers (and where that line came from) and I remember talking to him every day because his stupid quotes always made me laugh. Now whenever I play AC games I try my best to make sure he's in my village because even if the script is weak he still has that special growing up connection with me :v:

For what it's worth though yeah seeing other people come out and draw fanart of him has surprised me as I always heard 'bob is the best' while I'm in the background going 'but Punchy is better tho'.

He's a very good cat. Look at him go.

that is a good cat

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/PlayWarframe/status/1232487794892652544

Yes, its real.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

And it's fantastic.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

No game is off limits at this point

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

SeXReX posted:

Remember when for a whole decade you had to delete clientregistry.blob once a month to make steam work

Epic sure sucks for not having a shopping cart tho

No, I never had to do that

Zushio
May 8, 2008
I had to once, but it was after we got a virus on the system and had to clean some house.

May 8, 2006

*after getting a virus trying to download games from kazaa* i dunno dad the computer just stopped working

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Wait for it, wait for it.

What is KK Slider's favorite brand of dog food?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e757WWZabeI

Cesar brand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArzEBnYVSCA

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yD2FSwTy2lw

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Relax Or DIE posted:

*after getting a virus trying to download games from kazaa* i dunno dad the computer just stopped working

I always got blamed for the family computer getting viruses back in the day but it was absolutely my grandparents looking at RE: RE: RE: FW: FW: FUNNY_REPUBLICAN_MEMES.WAV.MP4.EXE without even thinking twice about it

Zushio
May 8, 2008
No one in my family believes me about this.

My grandmother would often play Solitaire on the family computer when she visited. It was pretty much the only thing she knew how do do on the computer. She kind of knew how to open the program, but we usually did it for her. One day she came over before I got home from school and when I looked at the computer she had indeed managed to open Solitaire, but also managed to pull up some formating software and was one or two button presses from deleting the install drive.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I mean if you get corona virus think of all the video games you could play while in quarantine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/SteveStuWill/status/1231901104717193216?s=19