Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Dogwood Fleet posted:

Bought and paid for by Bloomberg.

You can tell Bernie was gonna say something about that when they booed him but he held his tongue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
Warren having a pretty good debate tbh, Sanders responding well when he's actually able to

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

we will never peel of moderate republicans. why the gently caress do we need to legislate to pleasre them? How bout we get all the people that have given up on voting because the democratic leadership has gone so far right that they have stopped feeling like their ideas are met with any reasonable though.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I think we all understand that only Bernie would beat Trump.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Well, at least the debate is what I thought it was gonna be, Bernie is getting attacked by all sides and unfortunately he doesn't get enough time to make rebuttals.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Why does Bloomberg get to run ads DURING A DEBATE????

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

ManBoyChef posted:

we will never peel of moderate republicans. why the gently caress do we need to legislate to pleasre them? How bout we get all the people that have given up on voting because the democratic leadership has gone so far right that they have stopped feeling like their ideas are met with any reasonable though.

Because the Democratic establishment is still obsessed with bipartisanship. Please disregard how effective that's been for the last twelve years.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

rscott posted:

Warren having a pretty good debate tbh, Sanders responding well when he's actually able to

Yeah, the big problem is he only gets to respond to attacks once in a blue moon, so he can't respond to everything.

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

Kirios posted:

I think we all understand that only Bernie would beat Trump.

Yeah but bernie winning would mean they need to give up a modicum of their power and we cant have that.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

Republicans posted:

You can tell Bernie was gonna say something about that when they booed him but he held his tongue.

His finger was going back and forth between him and the audience.

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.

Dogwood Fleet posted:

There are no more moderate Republicans. Everyone who wasn't ousted by the Tea Party was radicalized by Trump.

Pretty much what I thought.

And the handful of “Never Trumpers” will either vote blue no matter who or won’t vote at all. :shrug:

Also LOL at that awful libs hunt conservatives movie airing a commercial during this

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

Silly Burrito posted:

:capitalism:

Mira
Nov 29, 2009

Max illegality.

What would be the point otherwise?

Republicans posted:

I really doubt he would outright say the audience is full of plants, he'd look paranoid and defensive

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Silly Burrito posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBwAxmrE194

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
Warren: Everybody shut up. I don’t even care about being president anymore. What matters is gently caress you mike bloomberg you piece of poo poo

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Also someone needs to shut Pete the gently caress up, he keeps getting snipes in while other people are talking.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Why is the democratic primary giving a poo poo about who republicans vote for?

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
The fact that it's an utter shitshow probably muddles everyone trying to shank him, all everyone's gonna remember is the yelling, not what was said

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!
Odds that it comes up that California is at 5% of average rainfall for this rainy season, and is going to burn just like Australia this summer?

I give it less than 1/100

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Mira posted:

I really doubt he would outright say the audience is full of plants, he'd look paranoid and defensive

Yeah he thought better of it and got back on message, which is probably best but man it would have been cathartic.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

Dias posted:

Also someone needs to shut Pete the gently caress up, he keeps getting snipes in while other people are talking.

To be fair, they aren't asking him much.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
This is awful, but expected as much from the pre-show.

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.

Delthalaz posted:

Warren: Everybody shut up. I don’t even care about being president anymore. What matters is gently caress you mike bloomberg you piece of poo poo

:hmmyes:

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Delthalaz posted:

Bernie offered her the Cabinet position of Secretary of Owning the gently caress Out of Bloomberg and she's going for it.

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

How many more of these debates are there? I swear, one of these things will break out into physical violence.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Sanders just needs to tough it out for a 2nd place showing in South Carolina and win on Super Tuesday. With luck maybe he can turn it around in the remainder of the debate but appearances from the audience will skew perception.

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
Did they bring in some better mods at halftime?

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Every time you guys are like "oh my god what is this sweet hell that is SC democrats" I'm just over here going "now you all see, now you all know".

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Delthalaz posted:

I can get behind that platform.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...
ITS A FUCKINF ADVERT FOR BLOOMBERG

IN THE MIDDLE OF THE DEBATE

FFFFFFF

Luckyellow
Sep 25, 2007

Pillbug
Did they just added 3 new moderators?

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.
Guns time

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

LloydDobler posted:

To be fair, they aren't asking him much.

I mean, I get why he's doing that but it just comes out smug and obnoxious, and against the spirit of a debate.

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

Unkempt posted:

ITS A FUCKINF ADVERT FOR BLOOMBERG

IN THE MIDDLE OF THE DEBATE

FFFFFFF

That poo poo should be illegal.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Car Hater posted:

Odds that it comes up that California is at 5% of average rainfall for this rainy season, and is going to burn just like Australia this summer?

I give it less than 1/100

We're gonna burn like Australia every year, regardless of how much rain we get, until we can force PG&E (or its replacement) to actually maintain its loving infrastructure

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Wow, a critical question for Biden.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
loving christ gun control

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Every time you guys are like "oh my god what is this sweet hell that is SC democrats" I'm just over here going "now you all see, now you all know".

:negative:

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

Dias posted:

yeah pete is really pissing me off. He knows he cant win and he has no way forward he just wants to ensure bernie doesnt win, I wonder if democratic leadership told him to do this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

For all the vitriol, the attacks on Bernie aren't all that convincing. He gets cut off, but everyone atleast gets to hear he has an answer (they just dont get to hear what it is)