Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

That went about 400x better than I thought.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mira
Nov 29, 2009

Max illegality.

What would be the point otherwise?

garbage moderators, garbage questions, garbage crowd

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
Did anyone else see the dude give Biden a photo of Biden to sign?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/QueenInYeIIow/status/1232498892442349568?s=20

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Timeless Appeal posted:

Did anyone else see the dude give Biden a photo of Biden to sign?

Yeah and did you see Biden fuckin' struggle to squat down to sign it?

Uglycat
Dec 4, 2000
MORE INDISPUTABLE PROOF I AM BAD AT POSTING
---------------->
this night has been the stupidest night

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

https://twitter.com/gothfemme/status/1232424866994892800

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Gripweed posted:

I do not believe Jacob Wohl is a reputable source of information
Broken clock etc

Mira
Nov 29, 2009

Max illegality.

ColonelMuttonchops posted:

Were ads supposed to be running on the youtube stream? I never got any, the stream just muted for a bit.

nope

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer
Be sure to tune into the Spin Show, NEXT!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytg80HJWLlY

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

Uglycat posted:

this night has been the stupidest night

ColonelMuttonchops
Feb 18, 2011

Young Orc
Jesus gently caress, coming back from break just to show everyone attacking Bernie.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ikgh4JbAWUU

Easy as pie.

LloydDobler fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Feb 26, 2020

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

You should throw it in the ocean.
This debate was as good as my PI flips on speaking time. :(

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Biden>Bernie>Warren>Buttigieg>Bloomberg>Steyer>Klobuchar

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Who could be scared of a Jeffrey?
Chris Matthews, 2nd thing out of his mouth is wondering about the bizarro cheering section, immediately writes it off and starts being Chris Matthews

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
God that was loving dreadful. Probably the worst debate I've ever watched.

Was Pete ever asked a difficult question?

Advantageous
Apr 8, 2012

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/25/politics/cbs-debate-speaking-times/index.html

Thanks for whoever posted this earlier. Tom spent all that money and got ignored. Oh well.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Bernie didn't do great, but it was a rough debate anyway. Biden did well but not remarkably well, same for Warren. Pete's strategy of cutting the line got shut down before the halfway point and he faded away. Bloomberg sucked a bit less but still sucked, even with the paid-for audience. Amy was Amy and Steyer didn't really do much.

So overall not great for Bernie but it wasn't a big loss. Losing SC isn't that big of a deal, and I don't think the debate will let Biden win in a landslide even if Bernie loses some votes.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

How is Biden up 8 points in the latest SC polls?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Man, that debate made MSNBC's look well run and nonpartisan in comparison

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

So it seems that the media is feeling that the winners of the debate were Biden and Bernie, which feels about right for this one.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

JT Jag posted:

Man, that debate made MSNBC's look well run and nonpartisan in comparison

:emptyquote:

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Telling anyone on Twitter who's curious that Bloomberg was quoting Pinochet is a good use of my time.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

GaillardAuditorium looking better than it did when I was last there in middle school.

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
I'd go with Biden > Bernie > Warren > Steyer/Klob (equally nothing) > Pete > Bloomberg

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Warren consistently does well in debates, she's what Pete thinks he is. Too bad it's not gonna get her anywhere.

spouse
Nov 10, 2008

When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

Dias posted:

Bernie didn't do great, but it was a rough debate anyway. Biden did well but not remarkably well, same for Warren. Pete's strategy of cutting the line got shut down before the halfway point and he faded away. Bloomberg sucked a bit less but still sucked, even with the paid-for audience. Amy was Amy and Steyer didn't really do much.

So overall not great for Bernie but it wasn't a big loss. Losing SC isn't that big of a deal, and I don't think the debate will let Biden win in a landslide even if Bernie loses some votes.

Biden looked straight up bad multiple times. This was bad for Bernie because the knives were out, not because of anything Bernie did. He did crack under pressure once when that moron hard boo'ed him about I dunno, acknowledging Cuba's success in education?

Cuba is good actually. Gusanos can suck it.

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."

Josh Lyman posted:

He started out at 40% and has been steadily dropping all year?

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Dias posted:

Warren consistently does well in debates, she's what Pete thinks he is. Too bad it's not gonna get her anywhere.

Pete literally spent his entire time screaming over sanders and it was soul sucking to watch.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Advantageous posted:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/25/politics/cbs-debate-speaking-times/index.html

Thanks for whoever posted this earlier. Tom spent all that money and got ignored. Oh well.

Does this count all the time he spent talking over everyone else?

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
I listened to a bunch in my car. So uh, Bloomberg paid for that audience right?

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

PotatoManJack posted:

I'd go with Biden > Bernie > Warren > Steyer/Klob (equally nothing) > Pete > Bloomberg

I would probably invert Buttigeg with Klob in performance. Klob had more noticeable stumbling points (the moderators even made fun of her nothing answer at the end), and generally the public likes quippy answers, not rambly ones, with Buttigeg was better with

spouse
Nov 10, 2008

When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

LeeMajors posted:

Pete literally spent his entire time screaming over sanders and it was soul sucking to watch.

My mom offered to make me a shirt that says "shut the gently caress up pete!" because I said it so much.

His one redeeming moment was that solid marriage joke at the end that didn't land for the audience.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

oxsnard posted:

A lot of rich dumdums in this town. Maybe, maybe not.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Josh Lyman posted:

Black people are reluctant to embrace Bernie.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

oxsnard posted:

Very yes.

Mira
Nov 29, 2009

Max illegality.

oxsnard posted:

official line is no but literally everyone else says yes

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Djarum posted:

That was the worst debate of the bunch.They all just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in their rambling, incoherent response, were they even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone is now dumber for having listened to it. I award no points, and may God have mercy on your souls.
Were any of the 2016 republican debates as bad as this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

spouse posted:

Biden looked straight up bad multiple times. This was bad for Bernie because the knives were out, not because of anything Bernie did. He did crack under pressure once when that moron hard boo'ed him about I dunno, acknowledging Cuba's success in education?

Cuba is good actually. Gusanos can suck it.

Biden stumbled and looked like an old fart but I think he did okay from a keeping your poo poo together standpoint, and since this is his state to lose it's a decent performance. Bernie calling out that person for booing improvements in education was good, I think it was one of his best moment in the debate.

LeeMajors posted:

It was insufferable, he's from the Ben Shapiro school of debate and I'm glad the moderators stopped that poo poo eventually.