Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
YOU CAAAAN PUT IT ON THE BOOOOOOOOOOOARD

https://twitter.com/dave_brown24/status/1232488311026929667

YES!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Sweet the army has a guinea pig now

Well duh it's camp carroll. There was a report about some older woman turning up at the base the other day all hot and sweaty.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I bet this involves a hooker.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Well duh it's camp carroll. There was a report about some older woman turning up at the base the other day all hot and sweaty.

Casimir Radon posted:

I bet this involves a hooker.

I think you guys posted in the wrong order

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

facialimpediment posted:

Here's the explanation for the crowd:

https://twitter.com/mags_mclaugh/status/1232483048320462848

So Bloomberg very much could've bought it.

quote:

Charleston County Democratic Party Chair Colleen Condon said neither the state nor local party knows how many tickets will be available to the general public. She said tickets are first handed out to organizers. Then, campaigns may get some tickets to disperse among supporters.

"This is something that the average person doesn’t usually get to go to," Condon said. "The Gaillard is only so big and this is something that is just a hot ticket from across the country. These kind of events really are set up for sponsors and things like that."

I’d feel a lot better about this if the state party drew the names of randomly selected registered Democrats and offered them seats rather than an arrangement like this. This otherwise feels like pay-to-play or at least pay-to-be-in-the-background-when-candidate-makes-gaffe-or-sick-burn.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

RFC2324 posted:

I think you guys posted in the wrong order

Probably.

I just vaguely remember reading about a woman turning up, I think they said she was early 60s, to a base outside of Daegu (almost certainly Carroll) a couple of days ago.

I think it's equally likely that woman worked at a dfac or one of the base stores or barber shops as opposed to dude catching it from a local juicy girl.

So 50/50.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Enjoy a burn and a headline.

https://twitter.com/cwarzel/status/1232492967572566016

https://twitter.com/samstein/status/1232488997693214720

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

This debate is loving garbage.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Handsome Ralph posted:

This debate is loving garbage.

Joe dot exe failed

Retry Y/N

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Nick Soapdish posted:

Joe dot exe failed

Retry Y/N

Watching an audience that paid 1700 per a ticket to cheer Mayo Pete and Bloomberg is disheartening as gently caress.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Handsome Ralph posted:

Watching an audience that paid 1700 per a ticket to cheer Mayo Pete and Bloomberg is disheartening as gently caress.

the face of the modern Democrat party

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

https://twitter.com/poniewozik/status/1232498608005468162

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Lmao

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Internet Wizard posted:

Bernie: I’m gonna legalize it, I’m gonna expunge the records, and I’m gonna give minorities money so they can set up companies to sell their own marijuana

Biden: I wrote the drat bill-

Commercial break

I'm pretty sure this was the only time the debate moderators actually cut somebody off.

Though, Joe does get credit for cutting himself off with time left on the clock, then asking out loud why he did it.

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender
Next election, my single issue vote will go to whatever candidate uses a watch.

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006
In case you missed the debate:

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

"I'm not boring."
"I'm not bald."
"Healthcare is a human right."
"I'm not too skinny."

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

https://twitter.com/mooncult/status/1232475999691870216?s=20

i'm the barely heard "yes you are" in the 1st video

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Proud Christian Mom posted:

the face of the modern Democrat party

that really is depressing

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, the moderators need to be able to just turn off people’s mics, then escalate to turning off any lights pointed at the person, and then possibly escalate to a shame cube

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

can we just start here?

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Internet Wizard posted:

then possibly escalate to a shame cube

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Any candidate talking out of turn will be nerve stapled.

Repeat offenders get sent to the tanks, to become one with all the people.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Great now I want to see a debate between the faction leaders from AC

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

.Any candidates holding their arms too stiffly will have their forearms seized and snapped back. Their training will suffer as the arm heals but this is a lesson they must learn early, and well.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

MRC48B posted:

Any candidate talking out of turn will be nerve stapled.

Repeat offenders get sent to the tanks, to become one with all the people.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Resources exist to be consumed. And consumed they will be, if not by myself immediately then by myself in the near future. By what right does this forgotten future me seek to deny me my birthright? None I say! Let me take what is mine, chew and eat my fill.

CEO Michael Bloomberg, "Speech to Goldman Sachs, October 2019"

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Great now I want to see a debate between the faction leaders from AC

I'm in the Yang Gang.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I can't hear you over the sound of my constant golden ages

Lal4lyfe

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I never seen or heard a man more punchable than Mayo Pete. He's such a slimy piece of poo poo.

Bloomberg said he bought 41 members of Congress.

Uncle Joe wrote every Bill.

They really are out for Bernie.

Warren seemed weak.

Thunderdome rules for debates are garbage.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Hyrax Attack! posted:

.Any candidates holding their arms too stiffly will have their forearms seized and snapped back. Their training will suffer as the arm heals but this is a lesson they must learn early, and well.

Read that as foreheads and :stare:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Bernie should just bring a metal folding chair next time

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

My only takeaway is that Biden said "homeboners".

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

EBB posted:

Bernie should just bring a metal folding chair next time

If I had never considered him before, he would have swayed me heavily tonight with one simple thing- "It was a bad vote. I've been doing this 30 years, I've made some bad votes".

I've never seen a politician so blatantly own something they were called on. While I disagree on the subject (holding gun companies liable- I'm honestly torn on the subject, and not read up enough on it to really have an informed opinion, though), it takes balls and integrity.

Does anyone recall a debate before where everyone- even the loving moderators- were hitting the same dude so hard? I know I missed some of the debate, but it seemed like they were throwing some disproportionately biased questions thrown at Bernie.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
The DNC can't allow Bernie to win so of course they directed everyone to attack him.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
I doubt the Democrats are that organized. Just that everyone involved knows he's a threat to the status quo, and that's where their money comes from.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
Turns out somebody did actually try to "blow up" a car at the Pentagon the other day.
https://www.arlnow.com/2020/02/25/acpd-assists-with-search-for-suspicious-man-at-arlington-national-cemetery/

quote:

An Arkansas man will make his initial appearance in federal court at 2 p.m. today on charges relating to his alleged attempt at blowing up a vehicle at the Pentagon yesterday.

According to court documents, Matthew Dmitri Richardson, 19, of Fayetteville, was discovered in the Pentagon North Parking lot yesterday morning by a Pentagon Police Officer on patrol. The officer allegedly observed Richardson standing next to a vehicle striking a cigarette lighter to a piece of fabric that was inserted into the vehicle’s gas tank.

After the officer approached Richardson, the defendant allegedly told the officer he was going to “blow this vehicle up” and “himself”. When the officer attempted to detain Richardson, Richardson pulled away and ran across the parking lot towards Virginia State Route 110 and onto Virginia State Route 27. A subsequent review of surveillance camera footage showed that Richardson jumped over a fence into Arlington National Cemetery. Richardson was later found by the Pentagon Force Protection Agency Police Emergency Response Team near Arlington House.

According to court documents, after a search of Richardson, officers allegedly discovered a cigarette lighter, gloves, and court documents related to Richardson’s arrest on or about February 22 for two counts of felony assault on a law enforcement officer in Arlington County.

According to court documents, the owner of the vehicle is an active duty servicemember and does not know Richardson.

Richardson was arrested yesterday and is charged with maliciously attempting to damage and destroy by means of fire, a vehicle used in and affecting interstate and foreign commerce. If convicted, he faces a mandatory minimum of five years in prison and a maximum penalty of 20 years in prison. Actual sentences for federal crimes are typically less than the maximum penalties. A federal district court judge will determine any sentence after taking into account the U.S. Sentencing Guidelines and other statutory factors.

quote:

Arlington officers were dispatched to the area around Arlington National Cemetery around 11 a.m. to look for a man who, according to initial reports, might have intended to light himself on fire. They were joined by Pentagon police, Fort Myer police and U.S. Park Police in searching for the man.

According to ACPD spokeswoman Ashley Savage, Arlington police assisted with maintaining a perimeter around the search area and brought a K-9 officer to help with the search.

The U.S. Park Police Eagle 1 helicopter also hovered overhead during the manhunt, looking for the individual throughout the sprawling cemetery grounds and amid throngs of visitors. He was finally apprehended around 12:15 p.m. by Pentagon police near Arlington House, the one-time home of Confederate Gen. Robert E. Lee.

Richardson was arrested this past weekend in Arlington and charged with felony assault on a law enforcement officer, according to prosecutors. Savage said he was arrested by a different police agency, not Arlington County Police. Richardson was previously arrested on theft charges in Arkansas in November.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Riot Carol Danvers posted:

The DNC can't allow Bernie to win so of course they directed everyone to attack him.

That got my vote (for Bernie).

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Probably.

I just vaguely remember reading about a woman turning up, I think they said she was early 60s, to a base outside of Daegu (almost certainly Carroll) a couple of days ago.

I think it's equally likely that woman worked at a dfac or one of the base stores or barber shops as opposed to dude catching it from a local juicy girl.

So 50/50.

She most likely couldn't be the infection vector, since it has a two week incubation period.

Apparently the schools around Ramstein are starting to freak out and look into doing online classes for a shutdown. someone's wife leaked internal guidance on coronavirus from LRMC in a Facebook group yesterday and people are freaking out

GoGoGadget fucked around with this message at 13:47 on Feb 26, 2020

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006

Riot Carol Danvers posted:

They're not going to have a say in the matter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

They're not going to have a say in the matter.

loving right. They have no leverage and it's scaring the poo poo out of them.