Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
They are putting the Renegade back up for sale. Which is another tank I recommend. To me its a much harder hitting and accurate Patriot. Just does not shoot as fast.

Not sure if I recommend the E 25. It's good but it sure as hell isn't balanced. I don't know how you guys feel about the unicum guides but the one for the E 25 is very spot on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHNpFfAFQTE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

E 25 works best (i.e. is most fun) when there are three of you roaming around and snapping up opportunities to go poo poo on whatever isn't paying attention.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
i got my first ever chat ban!!!! two days (lol)

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Slaapaav posted:

i got my first ever chat ban!!!! two days (lol)
I'm racking them up like a pro lately. It's almost a game in itself.

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost

Katamari Democracy posted:

They are putting the Renegade back up for sale. Which is another tank I recommend. To me its a much harder hitting and accurate Patriot. Just does not shoot as fast.

Not sure if I recommend the E 25. It's good but it sure as hell isn't balanced. I don't know how you guys feel about the unicum guides but the one for the E 25 is very spot on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHNpFfAFQTE

Yah, Renegade is a great tank. Good gun, bouncy turret with a weak spot that most people at t8 don't seem to know how to take advantage of unless you let them look at you long enough. But by the time they figure it out you have already usually knocked about 900 hp off them.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

TracerM17 posted:

Yah, Renegade is a great tank. Good gun, bouncy turret with a weak spot that most people at t8 don't seem to know how to take advantage of unless you let them look at you long enough. But by the time they figure it out you have already usually knocked about 900 hp off them.

Renegade is a hidden gem of a tank I owned and I feel bad for not playing it more.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
thank fellow goon post shout out to exia the arty main in this clan for making it easier for me (someone who doesn't use voice chat) to get a chieftain so i didn't have to join a random clan as well

making this # 2 free goon tank (first one was that t22, ah! good times)

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

i'm returning a favor to a goon itt by reviewing a very special book. stay tuned

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Hellsau posted:

1, 2, 3, *we didn't even scratch them*

1, 2, *that one bounced*

1, 2, 3, 4 *oneshot by arti*

I must have done it in my last game last night because I got the pop-up that it was completed when I logged in. The game was completely unremarkable in every way and I don't even remember what tank I was in.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
its so sad being chat banned and unable to flame people who do 0 damage in top tier :(

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
HWK 12 tries to drown themselves as the railroad flank starts to collapse on Live Oaks.

https://i.imgur.com/MVho4aK.mp4

I guess he was > 1 sec from drowning.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

What do you guys think about replacing the "Rewards for Merit" with more daily missions?

On the one hand this is less opaque than Rewards for Merit, but are you getting less overall?

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

McGavin posted:

What do you guys think about replacing the "Rewards for Merit" with more daily missions?

On the one hand this is less opaque than Rewards for Merit, but are you getting less overall?

It's OK I guess. Less random? :shrug: Less good for people that play in long stretches every day.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I like them going down the daily missions road, but I do not know why they have to get rid of the reward for merit system, maybe just change it to give things out less frequently but give cosmetics like camo uses and crew skins.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

OMGVBFLOL posted:

i'm returning a favor to a goon itt by reviewing a very special book. stay tuned

:allears:

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
had a terrible game in the t44 then the next game i get oneshot ammoracked by a su130pm heat from full hp :(

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Slaapaav posted:

had a terrible game in the t44 then the next game i get oneshot ammoracked by a su130pm heat from full hp :(

Welcome to the T-44.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Wow! Sounds like the experience of this game is exactly the same. Glad I still havent reinstalled ha ha

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Slaapaav posted:

T-44 absolutely requires Safe Stowage on your loader, and even still you're gonna go up once in a while.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

McGavin posted:

It's great for people like me who can't really do more than 10-20 battles per day. Just complete the missions, get rewarded, and every 8 days or so get 100 bonds. What's not to like about it?

I would like to save up a shitload of bonds so one day I can aim to get the T95/FV4201. So these missions should help speed things along rather nicely.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

russian mediums pile ammo inside the driver seat while he swims in a fuel tank

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Hellsau posted:

T-44 absolutely requires Safe Stowage on your loader, and even still you're gonna go up once in a while.

Remember when the only crew skills were the basic camo/fire fighting/repair? T-44 in those days required you to dedicate a slot to wet ammo rack. Also back in those days, the t-44's ammo rack was even weaker than it is now.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

Just pay money for the T-44-100 which is faster, more accurate, and for some reason has tinier ammo racks despite using the same gun, turret, and hull!

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Captain Blaargh posted:

Just pay money for the T-44-100 which is faster, more accurate, and for some reason has tinier ammo racks despite using the same gun, turret, and hull!

:20bux::20bux::20bux::homebrew::20bux::20bux::20bux:

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Captain Blaargh posted:

Isn't the t-54 mod 1 better?

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

JuffoWup posted:

lol no

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

JuffoWup posted:

Slower, trades the speed and maneuverability for "armor" and the gun is

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Captain Blaargh posted:

The engine hp is extremely low, so more fires. Still, next time the -44-100 is on sale for gold I'm getting it.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Anyone remember when the T-44 was good because no one could hit a moving target further than spitting distance?

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Control Volume posted:

Anyone remember when the T-44 was good because no one could hit a moving target further than spitting distance?

It was a whole lot more "fun" way back when during the Russian closed beta test when everyone in the US was playing with a *minimum* of ~150ms ping.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

Control Volume posted:

Anything past 300m or so would just teleport if it was moving across the screen. The T-44 had something going for it with its speed that made the issue worse.

I have a bunch of screen shots from early game, and goddam what a mess it was. Especially looking at the old matchmaking for tiers. I know really early on, it was something like 1-2, 2-4, 3-5, 4-7, 5-10. Later on, they made it so 5s could only see up to 8s and 7s up to 10. Except light tanks and SPGs. For reasons, this included tanks like the A-20 or M5 Stuart, both of which had guns that not only could hurt anything above their tier, couldn't spot anything either.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

The early matchmaking tiers were 1-2, 3-10 which was incredibly dumb but funny before tier 10s started to become commonplace. There was no finer act than boxing in a maus with 3 tier 3 tanks.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
I also remember the times of 10 spg per team. What a cluster gently caress that was.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Dravs posted:

I also remember the times of 10 spg per team. What a cluster gently caress that was.

Rip carl. They should bring that back.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
sent in another replay of someone who kept trying to ram me off a cliff. hope they wake up with a headache :)

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
ever have those top tier teammates that go to a terrible position and when they get there they miss every shot?

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Slaapaav posted:

ever have those top tier teammates that go to a terrible position and when they get there they miss every shot?

50k battles, 41% win rate

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
he had 50k with 46% this guy and he even had a fancy skin and a barrel mark on his t62

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

Control Volume posted:

The early matchmaking tiers were 1-2, 3-10 which was incredibly dumb but funny before tier 10s started to become commonplace. There was no finer act than boxing in a maus with 3 tier 3 tanks.

Me and akulaz once mobility killed a Maus with two Sherman M4s. He died flanking it, then yelled at me in TS to get right the gently caress up in front of it and the Maus was screaming at his team not to shoot me.

Then there was the time where Marder won a clan war with strategic tank wrecks positioned on bridges.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vorkosigan
Mar 28, 2012

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

Me and akulaz once mobility killed a Maus with two Sherman M4s. He died flanking it, then yelled at me in TS to get right the gently caress up in front of it and the Maus was screaming at his team not to shoot me.

Then there was the time where Marder won a clan war with strategic tank wrecks positioned on bridges.

Important note: wrecks were unmoveable, so if something was blocked then WHELP