Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

it's a free country u pervs
If someone has a legit and current Meltan/Melmetal guide pls feel free to set us straight but I think I'm right on this one :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

So uhhh...hmm. If any of y'all want a shiny Genesect I've got like three of em' I can hand off to you now.

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

I GOT FLAT FEET JUST LIKE MY HERO MEGAMAN
Total Clam

prepuce repurposed posted:

If someone has a legit and current Meltan/Melmetal guide pls feel free to set us straight but I think I'm right on this one :shrug:

You are correct in that meltan/metal can be transferred from Go to Let's Go, and indeed that is currently the only way to get them to Home. They are not naturally found in Let's Go, they must be transferred in.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

I'm trying to figure out the miscommunication but Zore is more correct. Basically: Meltan is only catch able in GO. in order to be able to catch Meltan in Go you have to transfer a pokemon to Let's Go which gives you an item in GO, the Mystery Box. From there you catch Meltan in GO and transfer it to Let's Go. If you want to evolve Meltan to Melmetal, you have to do that in GO by getting 400 Meltan candy. It is not possible to evolve Meltan in Let's Go or SWSH as of now.

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

mateo360 posted:

I'm trying to figure out the miscommunication but Zore is more correct. Basically: Meltan is only catch able in GO. in order to be able to catch Meltan in Go you have to transfer a pokemon to

Let's Go which gives you an item in GO, the Mystery Box. From there you catch Meltan in GO and transfer it to Let's Go. If you want to evolve Meltan to Melmetal, you have to do that in GO by getting 400 Meltan candy. It is not possible to evolve Meltan in Let's Go or SWSH as of now.

Yes, exactly. This video sums it up :

https://youtu.be/2V-ir4zS0Ow

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

For some this idea of working for 2 months or more months to evolve one of your newly found Meltans might seem insurmountable, but not for me.

I'm proud of my step count, which was strictly enforced by my irl lillipup

too bad he's a normal type

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Flopsy posted:

So uhhh...hmm. If any of y'all want a shiny Genesect I've got like three of em' I can hand off to you now.

You have my attention! I love that big cannon toting bug :allears:

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

Flopsy posted:

yes pls

Mustafa
Jun 3, 2007
Hay, screw you

Flopsy posted:

Yes please, I would love one of these if they're still available!

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

T1g4h posted:

You have my attention! I love that big cannon toting bug :allears:

FC is 5129-5306-3661 IGN is Mahina whenever either of you fellas want yer big red bugs just let me know when you're online.

edit: This is for Ultra Sun BTW and I'm sitting on a literal mountain of shinies in this game so if there's anything you want I probably have it so just ask.

Flopsy fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Feb 26, 2020

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Flopsy posted:

FC is 5129-5306-3661 IGN is Mahina whenever either of you fellas want yer big red bugs just let me know when you're online.

edit: This is for Ultra Sun BTW and I'm sitting on a literal mountain of shinies in this game so if there's anything you want I probably have it so just ask.

Oh, my bad, I thought it was a Home thing! I don't have US/UM or a 3DS unfortunately :v:

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

T1g4h posted:

Oh, my bad, I thought it was a Home thing! I don't have US/UM or a 3DS unfortunately :v:

Ouch. Sorry man. At this stage I deal all my shiny goods from the 3DS cuz' it lets me stay organized.

Mustafa
Jun 3, 2007
Hay, screw you
As soon as I start my Ultra Moon save (currently playing through Crystal and then Omega Ruby), I'll definitely hit you up for some shinies if that's ok?

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Mustafa posted:

As soon as I start my Ultra Moon save (currently playing through Crystal and then Omega Ruby), I'll definitely hit you up for some shinies if that's ok?

No prob, first come first serve.

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

I've expired. Don't wait up

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

I've expired. Don't wait up

???

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

He's dead, Jim. :rip:

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Welp. If at any point somebody wants some shinies and you have a 3DS ask me. I breed a lot and I wonder trade a lot so at this point I have 4 boxes of em' I don't want. I'm... not sure what expired means but I'll take your word for it.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Flopsy posted:

Welp. If at any point somebody wants some shinies and you have a 3DS ask me. I breed a lot and I wonder trade a lot so at this point I have 4 boxes of em' I don't want. I'm... not sure what expired means but I'll take your word for it.
If you have a Nidoqueen I can use for my Living Dex I'll gladly take that over playing a copy of Pokemon Y for another 5 hours. Doesn't need to be shiny or anything, it's just the last Pokemon preventing me from a Kanto Living dex.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

RealFoxy posted:

If you have a Nidoqueen I can use for my Living Dex I'll gladly take that over playing a copy of Pokemon Y for another 5 hours. Doesn't need to be shiny or anything, it's just the last Pokemon preventing me from a Kanto Living dex.

I have a shiny male nidoran with his hidden ability in a heavy ball but unfortunately I just finished breeding up and evolving my female nidoran into a nidoqueen. And...I think they're sterile? Do you want me to try and hunt a female down for you? I think I can breed one off the shiny male if need be.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Flopsy posted:

I have a shiny male nidoran with his hidden ability in a heavy ball but unfortunately I just finished breeding up and evolving my female nidoran into a nidoqueen. And...I think they're sterile? Do you want me to try and hunt a female down for you? I think I can breed one off the shiny male if need be.
It's really just the Moon Stone aspect I need, I have a half dozen Nidoran of both genders, and shiny's aren't that important to me when filling out the dex.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

RealFoxy posted:

It's really just the Moon Stone aspect I need, I have a half dozen Nidoran of both genders, and shiny's aren't that important to me when filling out the dex.

I can't send items or pokemon back from gen 7 to gen 6. Do you have any sun and moon games?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Flopsy posted:

I can't send items or pokemon back from gen 7 to gen 6. Do you have any sun and moon games?
Access to Sun, but it's my brother's save and I have no idea how far he is and very little familiarity with the game in general.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

I'm missing basically all the mythical pokemon, so I'd take one of those genesects if there's one available. I've got Sun on 3DS, but I left it at home, so it would be this evening.

Speaking of trading, I'm hoping to get a Melmetal out of Go this evening, too, so if someone wants to trade in SwSh for some other legendary or mythical on this list, I'm game.

https://www.serebii.net/swordshield/transferonly.shtml

Now I'm wondering how long it takes to actually get far enough in Let's Go to get that Meltan

The game itself isn't very long. I think it's like... the 6th or 7th town that has the transfer facility? It replaces the safari zone, if that helps. Just something to be aware of: because both meltan and melmetal are mythicals, their catch rate in Let's Go is abysmal. Expect to throw dozens of ultra-balls at each one you want to catch. You can't fail, if it runs away you can try again immediately, but you'll need the in-game cash to afford all those balls.

So your quickest way to do this is:
- get Let's Go from your friend.
- Power through it until you get to the transfer facility. Immediately transfer some junk pokemon from Go to Let's go to unlock the mystery box in Go. Start catching Meltans in Go, using berries to get as many candies as possible for each one. Unless you've got a bunch of rare candies saved up in Go, you won't get to 400 candies in one catch session, and then you'll need to wait three days for the next mystery box opportunity.
- While you wait the three days, power through the rest of Let's Go and beat the Elite 4 and all that for some cash.
- Buy a poo poo-ton of Ultra-balls.

I guess you could also farm for berries in Let's Go, but I found this quite tedious to do.

Bobulus fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Feb 26, 2020

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

mateo360 posted:

I'm trying to figure out the miscommunication but Zore is more correct. Basically: Meltan is only catch able in GO. in order to be able to catch Meltan in Go you have to transfer a pokemon to Let's Go which gives you an item in GO, the Mystery Box. From there you catch Meltan in GO and transfer it to Let's Go. If you want to evolve Meltan to Melmetal, you have to do that in GO by getting 400 Meltan candy. It is not possible to evolve Meltan in Let's Go or SWSH as of now.

To further expand on this:

You must reach Fuchsia City to get the Meltan Boxes. If you enjoy LGPE, that'll be fine, but if you want to get Meltan ASAP (because Melmetal will take several weeks since you need to catch about 100 meltans) then there's a couple things to know, such as the fact that you don't need badges! Just beat up Brock and Misty and then you can snake your way to Fuchsia. I think the only roadblock you'll truly have is the Snorlaxes, which means beating up Team Rocket a few times. The game plays with joycon only, whcih is annoying, but you can two-fist it and give yourself a second character, so you make every battle a 2-on-1 in your favor and speed through it even more.

Once you get to Fuchsia and put in a pokemon from Go, you'll get the Meltan Box. Apparently they've upgraded how many meltans will spawn on Go when you use it, and how often you can get it, so in the meantime, if you don't play Go already, just download it and play it very lightly so you at least get 5km of walking done a week, that'll give you 20 pokeballs.

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

what moves cancel out trick room? i was playing some ranked online in sword this morning and trick room feels incredibly busted unless you also run trick room and then it's just back to two normal teams duking it out.

defog doesn't clear it, court change doesn't affect it, is your only option just to also run a bunch of slow-rear end mons on the off chance that someone else runs trick room?

mikemil828
May 15, 2008

A man who has said too much

Bobulus posted:

I'm missing basically all the mythical pokemon, so I'd take one of those genesects if there's one available. I've got Sun on 3DS, but I left it at home, so it would be this evening.

Speaking of trading, I'm hoping to get a Melmetal out of Go this evening, too, so if someone wants to trade in SwSh for some other legendary or mythical on this list, I'm game.

I got a spare Celebi if you want to trade a Melmetal for it

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Bobulus posted:

The game itself isn't very long. I think it's like... the 6th or 7th town that has the transfer facility? It replaces the safari zone, if that helps. Just something to be aware of: because both meltan and melmetal are mythicals, their catch rate in Let's Go is abysmal. Expect to throw dozens of ultra-balls at each one you want to catch. You can't fail, if it runs away you can try again immediately, but you'll need the in-game cash to afford all those balls.

So your quickest way to do this is:
- get Let's Go from your friend.
- Power through it until you get to the transfer facility. Immediately transfer some junk pokemon from Go to Let's go to unlock the mystery box in Go. Start catching Meltans in Go, using berries to get as many candies as possible for each one. Unless you've got a bunch of rare candies saved up in Go, you won't get to 400 candies in one catch session, and then you'll need to wait three days for the next mystery box opportunity.
- While you wait the three days, power through the rest of Let's Go and beat the Elite 4 and all that for some cash.
- Buy a poo poo-ton of Ultra-balls.

I guess you could also farm for berries in Let's Go, but I found this quite tedious to do.

So you don't necessarily have to complete the Meltan questline in Go to unlock it? Just have Let's Go?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Dienes posted:

So you don't necessarily have to complete the Meltan questline in Go to unlock it? Just have Let's Go?

No, you need to do the Meltan quests in Go and catch like a hundred to get both Meltan and Melmetal

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

RealFoxy posted:

Access to Sun, but it's my brother's save and I have no idea how far he is and very little familiarity with the game in general.

Ok, here's how I recommend dealing with your moon stone problem. Ask you brother how much he's developed pokemon pelago. The pelago is a mini game segment attached to how many pokemon you have in the game. If he's fully developed the caves you can send your pokemon in there to mine for stones one of which is in fact the moon stone. Or if he's got spare in game maybe ask him for it? I can't help you beyond that much because there's no reverse genning in pokemon. I literally can't send you anything if it's in a gen previous to 7 or 8.

Bobulus posted:

Just let me know when you're ready to go.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Dienes posted:

Right. The questline in Go is the cumbersome version of it so you can technically get them 'for free', and just having Let's Go is the cumbersome but relatively faster way.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

I've been fooling around with the labels in Home a lot more:

On the one hand, they make it really easy to see what I can put up for wonder trade and count how far I am in the Dex. On the other hand, they're not very helpful in the switch version of the app, since there seems to be no way to, for example, filter to 'Gigantamax' and move all of those to SwSh on mass, if they're in different boxes.

(The Champions label is for my X league champions, so I never accidentally trade those away.)

mikemil828 posted:

I got a spare Celebi if you want to trade a Melmetal for it

Actually, I'm currently playing through Crystal expressly to get a Celebi. :P

But if no one else is interested, I might trade for it just to use it in a different trade later.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Bobulus posted:

I've been fooling around with the labels in Home a lot more:

On the one hand, they make it really easy to see what I can put up for wonder trade and count how far I am in the Dex. On the other hand, they're not very helpful in the switch version of the app, since there seems to be no way to, for example, filter to 'Gigantamax' and move all of those to SwSh on mass, if they're in different boxes.

(The Champions label is for my X league champions, so I never accidentally trade those away.)

Actually, I'm currently playing through Crystal expressly to get a Celebi. :P

But if no one else is interested, I might trade for it just to use it in a different trade later.

yeah having a Gmax filter would be fantastic, no clue why it isn't there considering the app seems to be designed around enabling obsessive organizing

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Zore posted:

No, you need to do the Meltan quests in Go and catch like a hundred to get both Meltan and Melmetal

This is not correct, because you do not have to finish the Meltan quests in order to get the Mystery Box from Let's Go. The only requirement for a Mystery Box is to have Go and transfer a pokemon to Let's Go. The Mystery Box spits out about a Meltan every minute for 30 minutes, and if you're using the candy-doubling berry you only need about 60-70 of them. So you really only need to open the Mystery Box three times to get all the Meltans you need for a Melmetal, which still isn't easy, but it's a lot better than walking the Meltan (which oh god I didn't know people actually did that).

The other thing is that if you hit up your local Pokemon Go discord (and there's usually a local Pokemon Go discord) then you'll almost always find someone willing to receive a Pokemon from Go. It's basically free for them to do.

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

Dienes posted:

Correct

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

It looks like I need to play Black or White 2 next so I can move up stuff from Heartgold and/or Platinum. And that looks tedious.

Moon has been fun so far. I guess X will have to wait.

FrozenPhoenix71
Jan 9, 2019

Freaking Crumbum posted:

what moves cancel out trick room? i was playing some ranked online in sword this morning and trick room feels incredibly busted unless you also run trick room and then it's just back to two normal teams duking it out.

defog doesn't clear it, court change doesn't affect it, is your only option just to also run a bunch of slow-rear end mons on the off chance that someone else runs trick room?

The only way to remove a Trick Room that's already set up is to wait it out or use Trick Room again to revert it to normal(Mimikyu is one useful Mon for this as you get at least one "free" hit when trying to cancel).

Proactively stopping it options include a pokemon with Trick Room itself and the move Imprison, which prevents the use of moves known by the user, Taunt to disrupt the Trick Room setting, or just KOing the Trick Room setter completely(which albeit is more difficult depending on the Trick Room setter and if the setter has support).

Another option is as you say and run a counter sweeper of your own in your 6 mons to bring in a Trick Room match up, so bringing your own Torkoal or Mudsdale or Rhyperior or so on.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

it's really remarkable they don't even have the capability to move only legal pokemon from a home box into a game

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Another thing to note is that while trick room reverses speed matchups, move priority levels still function normally, so quick attack, etc. will still go before other moves. Probably not going to work as a hard counter most of the time, but can help to get a quick revenge kill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Super No Vacancy posted:

it's really remarkable they don't even have the capability to move only legal pokemon from a home box into a game

I wish they had more options to automatically sort home boxes, or even just condense them if you don't care about order but want to fill in gaps.