Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Riot Carol Danvers posted:

The DNC can't allow Bernie to win so of course they directed everyone to attack him.

Or, you know, each individual candidate has spent the last year of their lives trying to be President, and trying to bring down Sanders is the only way to accomplish that since he's the clear and obvious front-runner (much in the same way nearly everyone spent most the past eight months going after Biden and, briefly, Warren)

Like good lord people, if the DNC had that much control then there wouldn't still be six candidates splitting the anti-Sanders vote.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
There is an anti-sanders vote, but he’s still the second choice for a lot of non-bernie voters. After each person drops he’ll get a chunk of their former voters.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

C.M. Kruger posted:

Turns out somebody did actually try to "blow up" a car at the Pentagon the other day.
https://www.arlnow.com/2020/02/25/acpd-assists-with-search-for-suspicious-man-at-arlington-national-cemetery/

Stupidity saves America once again. :911:

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Give it a few days and the CDC will be completely muzzled from even giving coronavirus updates.

https://twitter.com/damianpaletta/status/1232661899516481536?s=19

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Mr. Nice! posted:

There is an anti-sanders vote, but he’s still the second choice for a lot of non-bernie voters. After each person drops he’ll get a chunk of their former voters.

Sanders would get some second-choice votes, but consolidating volunteers, ads, and fundraising behind just 1-2 moderate candidates is the only plausible way they could stop him, simply due to how the delegate math works (Hard to hit that 15% viability threshold when everyone's eating into each other). Of course, the field is going to narrow significantly after Super Tuesday, but by then it'll have already been too late.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

I hope that all the parents that filed non-medical exemptions for vaccines for their kids are required to tear those up if they request the eventual coronavirus vaccine. Honestly I just hope the kids get vaccinated.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Just really makes me so hopeful to see a panel of Democratic candidates all (but one) literally yelling that better things are not possible

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

They're not going to have a say in the matter.

We can win the 1968 convention and election fight this time!
(i am not being sarcastic)

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Of course, the field is going to narrow significantly after Super Tuesday, but by then it'll have already been too late.

My unscientific prediction for the field post-ST is: Sanders (winning), Warren (not willing to drop out), Pete (establishment), and Bloomberg ($$$ too big to fail)

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

That Works posted:

I hope that all the parents that filed non-medical exemptions for vaccines for their kids are required to tear those up if they request the eventual coronavirus vaccine. Honestly I just hope the kids get vaccinated.

Make the parents eat the torn up vaccine exemptions so that way they might build up a natural resistance to their own stupidity.

I absolutely detest anti vaxxers but I’d prefer their kids didn’t die for their parents’ mistakes.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I'm mildly worried turmp is going to find some coronavirus carriers and pay them to attend Bernie rallies. Or the turmpGOPers are going to intentionally catch it and infect every "stupid lib" they can between now and election day.

But that poo poo is mostly killing the olds, and it'd be nice to see trumpublicans get what their ignorance wants.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Trump can barely staff his own rallies with enough minorities to make him look good, forget about a devious pox blanket plan

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I'm mildly worried turmp is going to find some coronavirus carriers and pay them to attend Bernie rallies. Or the turmpGOPers are going to intentionally catch it and infect every "stupid lib" they can between now and election day.

But that poo poo is mostly killing the olds, and it'd be nice to see trumpublicans get what their ignorance wants.

you smoke a lot of weed

like a lot a lot

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
/\ yeah I do. Yeah.... I do. :(

Trump doesn't care if minorities show up to his rallies, all the white old heat keeps them away.

Anyone want to pay to fly me to Korea so someone can cough in my face and I can go to a Trump rally after I get back?

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Feb 26, 2020

BaconAndBullets
Feb 25, 2011
Coronavirus hitting the US is going to suck, badly. I do think it will ultimately hurt Trump and help Sanders (if he makes it to the general election). All the people who are not going to be able to get care due to not having health care or too little coverage, while seeing the Trump administration being ineffective during the crisis (due to incompetence and/or the fact this disease spreads quickly), the economic hit from the disease, and Bernie talking up Medicare for All. This will probably sway a lot of people to the Sanders camp.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Which is kinda why I lean the pox blanket theory way on this. Some dumb gopper is gonna get sick and his first thought is going to be "let's go to the bernie rally so I can infect hundreds" or whatever.

I haven't smoked my morning joint yet, this is all sobriety has to offer from me.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Nick Soapdish posted:

My unscientific prediction for the field post-ST is: Sanders (winning), Warren (not willing to drop out), Pete (establishment), and Bloomberg ($$$ too big to fail)

I'd swap Pete for Biden, since I don't know if Pete is going to have the fundraising or support to stay alive if he doesn't win any ST states. Biden's fundraising is also shaky, but he'll at least be coming off a (probable) win in South Carolina, and is more likely to at least be competitive than Pete is.

Warren though, if she doesn't win a single state, I think she's done. She got some brief relief with fundraising from ripping Bloomberg's heart out on stage and eating it, but given her best finish may be a soft second in Massachusetts I don't think she'll be able to continue.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

BaconAndBullets posted:

Coronavirus hitting the US is going to suck, badly. I do think it will ultimately hurt Trump and help Sanders (if he makes it to the general election). All the people who are not going to be able to get care due to not having health care or too little coverage, while seeing the Trump administration being ineffective during the crisis (due to incompetence and/or the fact this disease spreads quickly), the economic hit from the disease, and Bernie talking up Medicare for All. This will probably sway a lot of people to the Sanders camp.

That is until Trump suspends the elections, indefinitely, for "public health reasons"

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Guys what crystals do I need to help with the corona? Please advise

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Waroduce posted:

Guys what crystals do I need to help with the corona? Please advise

Salt. Bit of citric acid as well.

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

l

If enough Olds die from this disease the demographic shift might be enough to save the world in the next decade.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Internet Wizard posted:

If enough Olds die from this disease the demographic shift might be enough to save the world in the next decade.

quote:

However, the upper class often attempted to stop these changes [after the black death], initially in Western Europe, and more forcefully and successfully in Eastern Europe, by instituting sumptuary laws. These regulated what people (particularly of the peasant class) could wear, so that nobles could ensure that peasants did not begin to dress and act as a higher class member with their increased wealth. Another tactic was to fix prices and wages so that peasants could not demand more with increasing value. In England, the Statute of Labourers 1351 was enforced, meaning no peasant could ask for more wages than in 1346.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Supply chain worries? Wild west environment of speculative everything based on unregulated financial instruments? A stock market so far up it's own rear end it has nothing to do with reality or the actual economy freaking out about everyone freaking out? Down side of "just in time" everything on a global scale?

gently caress you, stupid main stream liberal cuck, you're too stupid to understand what's really happening in the market. Don't worry though, state propaganda FAIR AND BALANCED reporting is here to set your stupid rear end straight.

http://www.newshounds.us/fox_news_blames_bernie_factor_stock_market_crash_022420

quote:

HENRY: Is this selloff all coronavirus or is this the first time the markets are open since Bernie Sanders took control of the Democratic battle?

PAYNE: The Bernie factor is finally rearing its head in the stock market

That's right, radical Marxist antifa super soldier perfidious loser incapable of accomplishing anything against Strong Daddy Trump has already accomplished his goal of destroying the stock market using his ( ( (globalist) ) ) super powers of market manipulation.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Was this the same movement that lead to sword control laws that ended in middle class people carrying around “””knives””” that were three feet long but didn’t count as swords because there was only one edge?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Internet Wizard posted:

Salt. Bit of citric acid as well.

:hfive:

e:

https://twitter.com/ibrahimpols/status/1232456622162796545

That Works fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Feb 26, 2020

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Oh man, classic lead up to the peasant revolt of 1381.

But now the peasants have AR15s and glock-offs (polymer80s and the like).

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

It's probably more likely that they'd go "the coronavirus is fake news from CHINYAA to keep us from having a rally!" and infect each other.
https://twitter.com/koryodynasty/status/1231052943970852864
https://twitter.com/koryodynasty/status/1231061282570162177
https://twitter.com/koryodynasty/status/1231087178316255232

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Stupid gonna stupid

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

But why all the American flags? How'd we get dragged into this?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

You see madness I see easy entitlement reform

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Resources exist to be consumed. And consumed they will be, if not by myself immediately then by myself in the near future. By what right does this forgotten future me seek to deny me my birthright? None I say! Let me take what is mine, chew and eat my fill.

CEO Michael Bloomberg, "Speech to Goldman Sachs, October 2019"

Solid reference, Goonsir.

Also, now I can’t see Bloomberg without hearing this in my head.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

The funniest/worst possible response Trump could do is

1) downplay it and do nothing, because stock market
2) when it hits hype it up as an excuse to cancel elections
3) not actually cancel elections because that would be a whole lot of work
4) his base is either too dead from 1 or too scared from 2 to actually vote

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

The boomer problem is really gonna solve itself

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

So yeah, London is in a panic right now. Some lady took an Uber to the hospital, turns out she had the coronavirus. We have a client now in London going full on panic attack...

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!
I'm flying down to Texas for vacation tomorrow, and I think we'll probably be fine, but I'm still probably unreasonably worried about the whole virus thing.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Pine Cone Jones posted:

I'm flying down to Texas for vacation tomorrow, and I think we'll probably be fine, but I'm still probably unreasonably worried about the whole virus thing.

I’ve travels back and forth from Seattle to Atlanta/Norfolk/Jacksonville round trip 3 times in the last 40 days.

I did manage to catch a nasty flu for a couple days but It’s been 3 weeks ago now.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

It's definitely shaping up to be a bigger deal that we had talked about a couple weeks ago.

Mortality rate data is still fuzzy because it's hard to know what co-morbidities are associated with the deaths (if any). As it has spread to countries that are more sharing of info we will learn more (looking at SK and Italy). It seems like it will shape up to be a bigger deal for disease for most countries than has been seen in living memory. 1% mortality with a big chunk of the country infected is going to be pretty impressive.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
GD_American ever make it back from Korea?

poo poo is going to get wild come fall. I mean, summer is probably going to see continued spread just because it's gonna be winter down south in 2fing land. A few cases showed up in South America recently, so they don't even have to wait for waning daylight hours and warmth.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Feb 26, 2020

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1232701323587604484

Did... Trump just endorse Buttigieg????

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
6 year old black girl arrested in Orlando for pulling on a door and hitting a teacher.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/26/us/body-camera-video-6-year-old-arrested/index.html

Back in my day we would just call the parents and send them home. :wtc: florida

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008