Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which Nintendo character would you like to see in the next Soul Calibur game?
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 99 8.48%
Other 53 4.54%
jenna got milked 1015 86.98%
Total: 1167 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I hope we get some more detail in the Famitsu reveal (if that's still happening). What's there so far screams "2022 maybe".

I'm definitely on board though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
It takes 10 minutes

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Random morning musings: why the gently caress is the cowboy bebop movie so hard to acquire in America when the complete series is like forever $10

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

al-azad posted:

Random morning musings: why the gently caress is the cowboy bebop movie so hard to acquire in America when the complete series is like forever $10

You just download it from a :filez: site like every other Anime? :confused:

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

hideki kamiya posted:

Hello, everyone. PlatinumGames chief game designer Hideki Kamiya here.

It’s my honor today, at long last, to announce an all-new, all-original project from PlatinumGames. In the fourteen years since we founded this company, we’ve worked towards the dream of making and releasing a game based on a Platinum intellectual property. Now, we’re finally stepping up to that starting line.

What makes this new title different from what we’ve done before? Let me explain a bit, because I’m sure you’ll agree that this is a giant step for PlatinumGames!

We’ve made a wide variety of games throughout our history, sometimes based on existing properties, like NieR:Automata; sometimes wholly original stories, like Bayonetta and ASTRAL CHAIN. Our work has found a core of passionate fans who trust us to deliver high-quality action games.

But PlatinumGames has thus far only been a developer. That means we make the games, and that’s it. All of our titles up until how have been made under contracts, with cooperation and funding from the publishers who distribute them.

Of course, everyone at Platinum and I are extremely grateful for the relationship that we’ve made with all of you through the games we’ve made so far. But ultimately, all of those games belong to publishers. Any and all decisions about how those games are promoted, how their content is used, and so on, are entirely up to the publisher.

As a creator, it’s hard not to think of my games as my children. After all, it takes a lot of hard work to raise them up, and a lot of love, too. However, once they’re done, any choices about them are entirely out of my hands. So, for example, no matter how many times people tell me, “You should make a sequel to this game,” or, “I’d love to see it on that console,” there’s nothing I can do about it.

Which brings us to Project G.G. (that’s just a working title, by the way). Project G.G. is different. Unlike any of the games we’ve made so far, it’s going to be a 100% PlatinumGames title. For everything from its setting and characters, to its game design and story, to how it’s promoted – PlatinumGames is in full control.

Of course, that has its downsides, too. We’ll be taking on new risks that we’ve never had to assume before as a contracted developer. Having full control over the Project G.G. IP gives us a ton of freedom, but also a ton of responsibility. Still, I think we can harness that sense of responsibility and turn it into motivation to make Project G.G. the best game it can be.

Like I said before, with Project G.G., we’re stepping up to a starting line. The finish line is still a long way away. But I know I’m looking forward to running the race! I hope you’ll cheer us on.

And if you’d like to join us at Platinum as we start out on this new endeavor, I sincerely hope you’ll take a look at our jobs page and see if there’s a position that’s right for you.

On behalf of the Project G.G. team and all of PlatinumGames, thank you for your support

al-azad
May 28, 2009

univbee posted:

You just download it from a :filez: site like every other Anime? :confused:

cowboy bebop deserves better!

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Should have bought it on the one, true platform for movies back in the mid-aughts.

That being UMD.

(I remember you could get a bunch of those UMD movies for like, super cheap fourteen years ago when they stopped putting movies and shows on the format.)

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

al-azad posted:

cowboy bebop deserves better!

I'll be honest that it seems to be weirdly less available than most things, wonder if it's a rights thing (I know Sony put out the DVD back when the movie was new), with the only reliable option I can find being the Blu-ray which costs more than the entire rest of the series does on Blu-ray.

My local library has the DVD on-hand, at least.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Welp the anime gods were listening because I just bought a copy off Goodwill for $6 free shipping.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Remember this? This was a funny thing.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

cowboy beepboop

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

univbee posted:

RIP to a real one.

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1232633387241869312?s=20

May he have a full arsenal and 30 lives in the hereafter.

I never knew he put that code into Gradius because he himself found it too hard.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

To turn things back to Coronavirus goodness, I do wonder if it'll disrupt the release of the next gen consoles and push them into next year. It looks like there's a not-insignificant chance of that happening.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

univbee posted:

To turn things back to Coronavirus goodness, I do wonder if it'll disrupt the release of the next gen consoles and push them into next year. It looks like there's a not-insignificant chance of that happening.

dang... more time to work through my backlog...

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Has anyone said Atelier Corona

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Looper posted:

dang... more time to work through my backlog...

More time stuck with these inferior consoles whose games are only 4K60.

Where things would get extremely weird (I think we'd have to be almost at Mad Max levels for this, though) is if they start not being able to produce physical disc copies of games, but they are still released as planned digital-only.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Help Im Alive posted:

Has anyone said Atelier Corona

Italians.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
anyway platinum making an entire game about UNITE BIG is rad as hell

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

BUG NET II, the sequel to BUG NET

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Cowcaster posted:

i hope it's as good as the only other ultraman video game i even know of

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVHr-4OgaBE

Oh god this was somehow one of my first games on my SNES when I was growing up

Think it was a poor FuncoLand decision or something

Distinctly remember the "Blech!" noise UMan makes when you complete a stage and he flies away, as if he is just disgusted with this crappy game

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
twenty years later and I'm still shocked and appalled that the final boss of sonic adventure trades out the utter banger that is open your heart for some generic downtempo disaster music halfway through the fight

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Looper posted:

twenty years later and I'm still shocked and appalled that the final boss of sonic adventure trades out the utter banger that is open your heart for some generic downtempo disaster music halfway through the fight

In Japan they play the final boss fights right to left

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

all i can bring up is "true to your heart" which was from some disney movie i think. a goofy movie maybe?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Looper posted:

It's embarrassing they did this again for Sonic Generations.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Looper posted:

I always thought this was some kind of mistake

like it should be the other way around

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
My Heart Will Go Fast

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iXYUH_Fgxw

vs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9Bg4ZuzE7A

just embarrassing

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Sonic is Good

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/axleblazeSA/status/1232722473147195392

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Cowcaster posted:

all i can bring up is "true to your heart" which was from some disney movie i think. a goofy movie maybe?

looks like it was mulan

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

univbee posted:

Italians.

w-where are the anime girls

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Games chat thread March: riding the Isabelle express to tom nook's little saint James

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

the only thing i know about saint james is his infirmary

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Wasn't that also a mode in the first game

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

and this is how i learned that silver dollar games didn't die with xblig

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Cowcaster posted:

the only thing i know about saint james is his infirmary

I'm more familiar with his ballroom

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Phantasium posted:

and this is how i learned that silver dollar games didn't die with xblig

One Finger Death Punch was their most successful/only actual game.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Almost done with AI Somnium Files. If it sticks the landing it's an easy 9/10 game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Woah Enter the Gungeon is great! Why the hell didn't I play this earlier?

*remembers crippling Binding of Isaac and Spelunky addictions*

uh oh :ohdear: