Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

AndrewP posted:

Ha. I listened to a few episodes after reading rave reviews in this thread and was hoping it would get less like that. Guess not. I enjoyed the Boy Scout character but the constant table talk and little quips and interruptions just make me zone out. Like it's hard enough for me to keep this narrative cohesive in my head without all that.

I wish I liked Graduation more because Justin and Griffin are really funny in it but I always am thinking "wait what's going on?" and realize I haven't been listening for 10 minutes

I say listen until it stops working for you! Lots of great stuff to it. Skimming this thread it's clear we're all idiot assholes with very specific preferences.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

Bugsy posted:

Whats the glitch in it? Looks like the level came out shortly after the game came out so it might have been a bug that got fixed. The timer on it sucks rear end though, if it was longer it could have been a decent level.

Graduation hasnt been very good, but Griffin and Justin are good so I'll keep going with it. I liked NaDPOD when it started, but peaced out around episode 35. I only made it through the first season of Dragon Friends. I think I just dont really like 5e, help I'm a grognard for a game system I don't even play.

Besties freakin rules though. So glad that's back.

It's been a while, but I think Griffin used an exploit which allowed him to place two pieces on the same space, which under normal circumstances wouldn't have been allowed. So there was a door behind a brick wall, which you could access, but would have no way of knowing it was there, or even possible, or something. It just felt like a waste of time watching the hours and hours of gameplay to get to that.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
If you don’t enjoy watching a man slowly go insane just for the sake of it, I don’t understand you.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x141 KERNEL PANIC

I've only listened to the first episode of Graduation so far (on my first listen through of the podcast, started a month or two ago), and while a good chunk of it was Travis Talks To Himself, he's really great at the intro/outro narration.

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

Tears In A Vial posted:

It's been a while, but I think Griffin used an exploit which allowed him to place two pieces on the same space, which under normal circumstances wouldn't have been allowed. So there was a door behind a brick wall, which you could access, but would have no way of knowing it was there, or even possible, or something. It just felt like a waste of time watching the hours and hours of gameplay to get to that.

The level itself gives a hint as to the solution, did you not see Griffin's gif that he posted in the vid?

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

cant remember. if you liked it that's fine. i didn't.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

poor life choice posted:

That... slips again. I stuck with it for a long while but had to tap out a few months back. Listening just makes me want to play as opposed to it scratching the story podcast itch. It's a window into a funny group's session, complete with the constant derails and in-jokes.

I noticed it seemed to happen more when they had guests on.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

Plan Z posted:

I noticed it seemed to happen more when they had guests on.

They were starting the Nine Hells stuff when I realized the banter and chains of joke/throwback/counter-throwback were souring it for me. It really feels like a window into a (fun and good!) actual game of D&D, where the players are all friends and having a blast. I'm just not at their table so it wears a bit.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

as evidenced by the television show, the mcelroy brothers cannot do phone calls so i'm interested to see how this BoCo plays out

also really hoping that we get another audio commentary this year

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

I’m really enjoying the recent trend of them deciding on a goal for each MBMBAM episode right at the beginning. This one will be very earnest, this one will be right down the middle.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Maybe eventually theyll make a good one its jokes

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

https://ew.com/podcasts/my-brother-my-brother-and-me-500th-episode-interview/

This should be fun.

quote:

J:
The best joke that has ever been on My Brother, My Brother and Me, concretely, is we were having a discussion about hunger, and we said, "Do you guys know what they say the finest sauce is?" and Travis said, "Worcestershire," and I laughed for two minutes. To me, that was the funniest thing we have ever done, and we will never top it.

GRIFFIN: I’m not sure I understand how it’s funny, and I’m gonna admit that now in this interview.
JUSTIN: The idiom is that hunger is the greatest sauce. We were having a discussion, and we asked what the greatest sauce is, and Travis says Worcestershire

Travis confirmed funniest brother

George H.W. Cunt fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Feb 28, 2020

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

quote:

JUSTIN: My kid is very close to the point where she can Google me, and after that, I’m pretty well boned as a figure who can provide, like, authority and stability in her life. It is going to be very easy to type like 15 characters into Google and see an absolute damning litany of me as an adult human being. I will have no more solid ground to stand on.

lmao

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

imagine your dad trying to tell you how to live your life when you can pull this up on your phone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCMgZd6D70M

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

EW laying down the mbmbam community conversational caltrops with "isn't lin-manuel miranda the best" "yeah he rules and is a good person"

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
It’s pretty well known that they’re friends and aren’t going to stop being friends so what’s there to discuss

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea I wish I didn't have to see his dumb face half the time they do something big but it's pretty obvious that's not changing and I don't really care if three internet boys want to keep being friends with the scumbag who probably is a genuinely friendly person to be around as long as you're not a poor Puerto Rican hoping your company doesn't get gutted by some rando conglomerate he and his dad own stock in.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Some white collar crimes aren’t going to raise an eyebrow compared to being a sex pest so yea makes sense. Gotta do something substantial ya know?

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

the wise gem bowed her head solemnly and spoke: "theres actually zero difference between good & bad quartzes. you imbecile. you fucking moron"

I’m more bummed about them being friends with Epstein Flyer Jimmy Buffett at this point

Remember when Justin mentioned Jimmy namedropping them in a show and then calling them to charge money for it? Cool guy!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I still don't really think they're like actually friends. It seems more like they're friends with Lin so Jimmy lets them do stuff.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

The best part of this is Justin's brief pause in his laughter just to call his brother a "dumb piece of poo poo"

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

more falafel please posted:

The best part of this is Justin's brief pause in his laughter just to call his brother a "dumb piece of poo poo"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObOVjTFa_9I

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

this is probably my favorite travis joke of all time, i legitimately laughed my rear end off at it

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!
I just got into the newly-rebooted Besties and I'm really enjoying it. Is it worth dipping into their older episodes too?

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Fred is on posted:

I just got into the newly-rebooted Besties and I'm really enjoying it. Is it worth dipping into their older episodes too?

Hell yes

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Besties is good, especially for full on dad mode Justin talking about modern games

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Oh I thought you meant old MBMBaM eps but I'm sure the besties are great too

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

misadventurous posted:

Remember when Justin mentioned Jimmy namedropping them in a show and then calling them to charge money for it? Cool guy!

What’s this about?

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

misadventurous posted:

lmao

the brothers flew too close to the sun

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost
When they had Jimmy on as a guestspert his demeanor was palpably "I have no idea what this is and I couldn't be less interested in finding out"

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Any way to access the new besties as an mp3 download or rss feed? Because gently caress using Spotify.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Spotify is specifically sponsoring it, so no.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Just Chamber posted:

Any way to access the new besties as an mp3 download or rss feed? Because gently caress using Spotify.

I don't know if this counts as using Spotify (I am not an intelligent woman) but I just go on their website and press play on the player.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0Z3408Gt6g

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Waffleman_ posted:

Spotify is specifically sponsoring it, so no.

Oh I know. I was just hoping some fan who doesn't want to use Spotify might have made an unofficial rss feed or something but oh well.

Doctor Reynolds posted:

I don't know if this counts as using Spotify (I am not an intelligent woman) but I just go on their website and press play on the player.

Yea I could do that, only reason I was asking is I mostly listen to podcasts on a commute so needed an offline version I could download.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

You can download podcasts (and music) for offline listening with spotify but I think it requires premium.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

0:22 is the last thing you see before you die

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Fred is on posted:

They're good, but, due to some weird rss shenanigans, I ended up listening to two older episodes, and wow, they were confrontational as hell. Like, they only had a minute or two to actually talk about their games, everyone shut down the others' games, it's a bizarre change from what we have now. I mean, it's still funny as hell to listen to, and obviously they're joking about all of it, but it's certainly evolved over the years.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49AcTLAe4kk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acute Grill
Dec 9, 2011

Chomp

Sankis posted:

You can download podcasts (and music) for offline listening with spotify but I think it requires premium.

Free users can download podcasts, but not music. Also Spotify doesn't have auto-downloading of new episodes for some stupid reason.