Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Moey posted:

Are you of larger stature? I have been using this thing for 40 hours a week and am still impressed with it. Had it for over a year now.
Yeah. I’m 6’1 and it just isn’t as comfortable as the Aeron knockoff I previously had. Well, I still have it, just with a broken off armrest.

Josh Lyman fucked around with this message at 10:08 on Dec 10, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Head Bee Guy
Jun 12, 2011

Retarded for Busting
Grimey Drawer
My work has Herman Miller Mira chairs, but you can't adjust the drat arm rests. What are my options at improving the forearm and wrist support of my desk situation. The desk is electronically height controlled fwiw, but I don't want to have to squish my legs to support my arms.

Also, is there a way to support my mouse-using hand when I move it over to type on the keyboard?

Flail Snail
Jul 30, 2019

Collector of the Obscure
My ErgoChair 2 should be arriving somewhere in the vicinity of Jan 3. I've seen two good reviews and nothing bad so I thought I'd take the leap. It's half the price of some of the cheaper good ergonomic chairs I've seen and people have described it as having features you'd start to see at that higher price point.

I suppose I'll report in when that happens and then, if I happen to remember, in a few more months' time.

Its Chocolate
Dec 21, 2019
Does anyone have experience with saddle stools?

Deathreaper
Mar 27, 2010
Got a Steelcase Gesture over the holidays - it replaced one of those executive leather chairs. Really liking it so far, its built like a tank and adjustments are great and easy to use. I often sit with my legs crossed on the chair (or some variation) and it was one of the few decent chairs that can accomodate the seating style - I'm 6 feet tall for reference. I also have an Aeron which you couldn't sit with crossed legs due to the hard plastic frame around the seat.

Mr.Fuzzywig
Dec 13, 2006
I play too much Supcom
Old chair just broke and I’m trying to decide what options I have for a new one. I’m looking for something that will let me recline when I just want to watch videos or whatever. So a headrest would be nice.

What are some budget options available? I could spend 2-300 on a chair but any more than that would be pushing it.

I’ve seen people recommending the ikea Markus, is that still a reasonable option?

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Flail Snail posted:

My ErgoChair 2 should be arriving somewhere in the vicinity of Jan 3. I've seen two good reviews and nothing bad so I thought I'd take the leap. It's half the price of some of the cheaper good ergonomic chairs I've seen and people have described it as having features you'd start to see at that higher price point.

I suppose I'll report in when that happens and then, if I happen to remember, in a few more months' time.

How’s that ergo chair treating you?

Flail Snail
Jul 30, 2019

Collector of the Obscure

VulgarandStupid posted:

How’s that ergo chair treating you?

I misread the shipping thing. Turns out I backordered it so it was going to be sent out (not arrive) on the third.

Fast forward to the third, the shipping start date was updated to the 10th to 14th. So no chair yet. I've also not got a tracking number and it's currently on the tail end of that range so I may just request a refund if they ask again.

I drive a BBW
Jun 2, 2008
Fun Shoe
I'm looking for a new chair. My current one is a Lane that I got from Staples and is at least 10 years old (I think its over 12 tbh). Pic below.

I've used the chairs similar to the Leaps at work and I'm not a big fan. I honestly like the way my current chair feels but the leather and padding are done. I was thinking of the cloth Secret Lab Titan 2020. Any opinions?

Current chair:

ETA: This chair will be mostly used for gaming and the occasional work from home day.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

To update on my posts from a while back, I got my Gesture a few weeks ago, and it was completely worth it. I was having major shoulder issues that were just getting worse when I sat in my dumb gamer chair and those have pretty much gone away completely with the Gesture.

Flail Snail
Jul 30, 2019

Collector of the Obscure
The ErgoChair 2 has arrived and been assembled. Infinitely more lumbar support than the Serta office chair I was using and hopefully this one will last longer than the six-ish months that one did before the back broke. This thing has the most heavy duty construction in an office chair that I have purchased. But that's not saying much - I've been firmly in the sub-$150 range up til now.

My only complaint at this point is probably going to be with the arms. They're comfortable enough but there's no way to lock the rotation or sliding actions.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

I have been in the market for a chair for 2 full days. Thanks to recommendations in this thread and online reviews I got the Secretlab Titan w/PU leather for $569AUD. I was gonna get the softweave fabric but I will probably destroy it with food stains in 6 months. A bit of a risk to buy considering I have never sat in one but I haven't read only good things and the ones at the local Officeworks look kind of crap for the price.

Nova69
Jul 12, 2012

A lot of the chairs mentioned in the thread sound quite appealing, but they seem to be a lot less common in the UK than in the states. It's even harder to find anywhere with a public showroom, the one place on the south coast I found that stocks Steelcase chairs with a showroom, only allows visits by companies/institutions who make an appointment for a consultation.
I'm using an £120 one from office depot at the moment (which would be fine if I used it less frequently, but I work from home now), I had no means of trying it before purchase, but I felt like I could get away with that with a sub-£200 chair. If I'm spending £400-£600 or more I'd want to get a feel for it first but it seems difficult to do that without having to drive halfway across the country.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I bought five Steelcase Think chairs from an eBay seller for £80 each about seven years ago, they were London-based and happy to arrange a delivery to where I was at the time (near Leicester).

I drive a BBW
Jun 2, 2008
Fun Shoe
I ended up getting a Titan 2020. Had it about 2 weeks now and I like it!

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU
So my (goon) buddy that knows I have ~*opinions*~ about chairs just posted this at me:

https://www.hermanmiller.com/products/gaming/

Apparently that's the only info at the moment. I was actually just about to be in the market for a new chair, but now I'm intrigued and may wait for more details about this first.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

This will either work or it will tank the Herman Miller brand

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
If they could fill that ~$200 budget void with a solid product that isn't hideous, just lacking some bells and whistles, I'll be all ears.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

couldcareless posted:

If they could fill that ~$200 budget void with a solid product that isn't hideous, just lacking some bells and whistles, I'll be all ears.
I fully expect it to be $500. Something something gamers will pay up.

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU
Yeah, I'm not even sure what I'm hoping from here . . . besides not the fake leather poo poo, I guess.

I want a high-backed chair with a headrest and a good warranty, I guess. Could do an Aeron with an aftermarket headrest, or maybe some other offering from one of the quality manufacturers (not even sure what else is out there that would fit that bill, I guess).

Maybe this thing will be it, maybe it won't. Somehow I feel like the deal breaker will either be the warranty or what they upholster it with, I guess.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Is OPSEAT any good or is it poo poo? There's a sale going on right now for $20 off and I can get another $10 off through a streamer affiliate. $219 and free shipping seems like it's in my wheelhouse.

https://opseat.com/shop/gaming-chairs/master-blue/

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

couldcareless posted:

It'll be their existing chairs but available in hideous colorways.

Flail Snail
Jul 30, 2019

Collector of the Obscure
It'll have Discord integration, just like Logitech's RGB products.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

A Twitch stream overlay for the amount of rear end blasting through the seat material

nem
Jan 4, 2003

panel.dev
apnscp: cPanel evolved

Inspector_666 posted:

It'll be their existing chairs but available in hideous colorways.

Sign me up. I love a garish accent piece in my sex dungeon.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Zarin posted:

Yeah, I'm not even sure what I'm hoping from here . . . besides not the fake leather poo poo, I guess.

I want a high-backed chair with a headrest and a good warranty, I guess. Could do an Aeron with an aftermarket headrest, or maybe some other offering from one of the quality manufacturers (not even sure what else is out there that would fit that bill, I guess).

Maybe this thing will be it, maybe it won't. Somehow I feel like the deal breaker will either be the warranty or what they upholster it with, I guess.

Aeron is excellent, I used to have one in my office and that’s what currently I have at work. Lumbar support is perfect, but the tilt mechanism wears out and breaks over time in my experience. I’m also very abusive of my chairs and neither one I’ve owned has been brand new persay, so ymmv.

I’ve since replaced it with a Maxnomic Leader. Excellent quality, had it a little over a year now and it feels brand new. I love that it reclines completely flat, you could sleep in this thing with a foot rest, and the company is local to me Columbus, so I just popped down and tried the seats in person before buying. Quality is top notch, highly recommend watching the video of them sawing several similar chairs in half to show what’s inside.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

All you god drat scrubs with your gaming chairs, pfffft

Me, I’m on a level you can only dream of

No, it’s not a bed, it’s a grav-couch, okay?

Anyhow I just woke up from an ultimate gaming power nap, gonna need some gamer fuel to get this body pumpin

That better, now I’m all amped up and can lay down

https://kotaku.com/this-is-an-excellent-gaming-bed-1842020532

Looking forward to gamer coffins, pretty sure that’s the end-game here.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Bad Munki posted:

Anyhow I just woke up from an ultimate gaming power nap, gonna need some gamer fuel to get this body pumpin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ul6UcvNX4o8

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Bad Munki posted:

Second shot has the tablet floating in air, supported by nothing. It really is a grav-couch!

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

LLSix posted:

Second shot has the tablet floating in air, supported by nothing. It really is a grav-couch!

If you can’t levitate objects with your mind, you probably just need more gamer fuel.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.

Bad Munki posted:

You post the first 2 pics, but not the third with the prominently displayed tube of... lube?

https://twitter.com/theGunrun/status/1234153103408029696/photo/3

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Budgie posted:

You post the first 2 pics, but not the third with the prominently displayed tube of... lube?

https://twitter.com/theGunrun/status/1234153103408029696/photo/3

Yeah yeah, gamer lube, to help you game better

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal
I don’t think I’ve ever seen anything that screams hospice more than that. All it needs is an IV line...

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

OSU_Matthew posted:

I don’t think I’ve ever seen anything that screams hospice more than that. All it needs is an IV line...

Providing a constant stream of Mountain Dew Code Red, yes.

Ziggy Smalls
May 24, 2008

If pain's what you
want in a man,
Pain I can do
So I just found this thread. I bought an Okamura Syphly chair for like $120 at a consignment shop and the seat was pretty clean. I feel like i got a crazy deal.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Ziggy Smalls posted:

So I just found this thread. I bought an Okamura Syphly chair for like $120 at a consignment shop and the seat was pretty clean. I feel like i got a crazy deal.

Those are even more expensive than Herman Miller chairs here.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Any outside-95th percentile height people able to weigh in on the Embody?
I'm thinking of swapping, been using the same Aeron for like... 16-18 years now. I'm 6'5 though, and have seen a few reviews where taller people mention issues with prolonged use from it expecting shoulders where their back is, and the lumbar support not being positioned correctly. Hoping somebody in here is of similar height and might be able to chime in with their experience. I'm not especially worried about the width of the chair, more vertical fit issues.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
I'm 6'7" and it was just too short/without enough seat depth. My back was definitely too high up. For me, basically just the Aeron size C and the larger of the leaps worked, out of all the Herman Miller/Steelcase/Human Scale chairs. You can try it to see if maybe the 2 inches makes a difference, I don't remember exactly how much shorter it was than it needed to be, but it's not super likely.

I'm also looking to swap from the Aeron for similar reasons but I haven't had any luck yet.

ILikeVoltron
May 17, 2003

I <3 spyderbyte!
6'1, seat depth is adjustable. I had to pull mine out most all of the way to make the chair comfortable. After that, I argue its the best chair I've ever sat in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

surc
Aug 17, 2004

foutre posted:

I'm 6'7" and it was just too short/without enough seat depth. My back was definitely too high up. For me, basically just the Aeron size C and the larger of the leaps worked, out of all the Herman Miller/Steelcase/Human Scale chairs. You can try it to see if maybe the 2 inches makes a difference, I don't remember exactly how much shorter it was than it needed to be, but it's not super likely.

I'm also looking to swap from the Aeron for similar reasons but I haven't had any luck yet.

Dang, alright appreciate the input! Yeah I'm on a size C at the moment as well. Was it noticeable in-store/immediately that it wasn't a good fit?