Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BiggestBatman
Aug 23, 2018
Sounds like a less creative yuuzhan vong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
They're just going to make another sequel and call episode 10.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

Halloween Jack posted:

"Space Vikings out of nowhere" sounds like a slight variation of everything I've called the worst idea in Star Wars history.

It reminded me straight away of Mr Plinkett suggesting that the clones of the Clone Wars should have been an invading force of evil monsters from Outside

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYWAHuFbLoc&t=1925s

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
I saw one video from RLM once and now I treat it like the video equivalent of chlamydia.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

BiggestBatman posted:

Much like Rise of Skywalker was a worse Dark Empire.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

BiggestBatman posted:

Not enough bioorganic s&m gear in that concept art

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Halloween Jack posted:

I saw one video from RLM once and now I treat it like the video equivalent of chlamydia.

:same:

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

They lost the star wars.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Hahahahahahahahaha

Duckula
Aug 31, 2001

do not resuscitate

Complicated Monsters was a working title for that David Bowie album.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
I love that "Representation/diversity" gets listed below "DINOSAURS!"

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Teek posted:

• They are able to use hyperspace in a dangerous way, but no more details.
  • We’re going to see "The Great Disaster". Something terrible is going to happen at the opening of the novel.

The Great Disaster is going to be lightspeed ramming and its going to have some stupid taboo about it and someone will offhandedly mention how no one will ever do this in a star war again because we can't have anything left even slightly underexplained

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Rival Houses means this will probably be positioned as Star Wars of thrones.

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:
The Great Disaster will be midichlorians. Like, they didn't exist until someone changed The Force.

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

well why not posted:

I think that may be a riff on something from the Old Republic MMO.

The whole things sounds like it resembles but is legally distinct from the Bioware stuff.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

The absence of a film in all of this increases my confidence that something good will come out of it.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Horizon Burning posted:

The Great Disaster will be midichlorians. Like, they didn't exist until someone changed The Force.

Curse those Malkavnians and their Great Pranks.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

PeterWeller posted:

I think that may be a riff on something from the Old Republic MMO.

The whole things sounds like it resembles but is legally distinct from the Bioware stuff.

Does Disney not own the Bioware stuff?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
There's always a bigger fishmalk.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I like how the one book cover has one of the tiny handful of things that Lucas banned, a goddamn Wookiee Jedi.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Uncle Wemus fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Feb 26, 2020

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

I choose to interpret that as it's fiction that Star Wars has relatable characters, diversity or an actual ending

Noob Saibot
Jan 29, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

well why not posted:

Last year there were rumors that The got guys were working on a kotor style series. The term high republic actually came from those rumors. I’m wondering if after they left and the movies got cancelled this is just salvaging the work that already went into developing that time period.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

well why not posted:

Odds of there being a House Palpatine that turns out to be secretly evil: evens.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Weren’t they supposed to get the Game of Thrones people to do Star Wars stuff at some point but it fell through? This is probably the leftovers from that.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

well why not posted:

Nah, it's gonna be Harry Potter.

House Yoda is the good house.
House Palpatine is the evil house.
House Kenobi is the party house.
House Skywalker are the divergents.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Schwarzwald posted:

You forgot the most important one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxDPCnfS9wg

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Finally, university in my star war

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
When do we get the high school AU?

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

2house2fly posted:

Does Disney not own the Bioware stuff?

Yeah, I would think they do. I was just joking about the general way they've used the EU material.

Asgerd
May 6, 2012

I worked up a powerful loneliness in my massive bed, in the massive dark.
Grimey Drawer
Does this have anything to do with Rian Johnson’s movie trilogy that’s still definitely going to happen?

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
The High Republic is its own thing. The foundation for the current iteration started building in 2018, though it sounds like this is something publishing wanted to do for awhile but had to wait until the ST wrapped up. This is the publishing arm kind of getting themselves out there and staking a claim to some content. They had been left to mainly just tie in to a lot of existing content since the EU was scuttled. This is them being able to branch out finally now.

If the time period and characters prove popular, then Lucasfilm will invest in cartoons, shows or movies.

What they're doing is basically what they should have done from the beginning. Take a few years to map out what the post-RotJ time period will be like, get some creators/directors on board to plan out where they want things to go, then take it from there. Instead they tried to do it backwards, with middling success.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

It was kind of them to give pablo his own walled-off canon playground, it definitely makes his willingness to grit his teeth through the ST era being JJed make more sense. That said, the thought of the disney wars movie crew caring about anything established in a book makes me laugh on my rear end

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Zoran posted:

When do we get the high school AU?

That'd be the Jedi Academy comics, which have a bit of a "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" vibe to them and ran for nine volumes

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I hope we get to see Young Palpatine at some point, shooting lightning bolts at people and making their hair fall out or something. As a prank.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Gonz posted:

I hope we get to see Young Palpatine at some point, shooting lightning bolts at people and making their hair fall out or something. As a prank.

Zapped! 2: Electric Palpaloo.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Ingmar terdman posted:

Finally, university in my star war

JABBA DOESN'T LIKE PEOPLE WHO BAIL ON THEIR STUDENT LOANS.

MACLUNKEY.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Schwarzwald posted:

Ki ADI Mundi is head of the slut house

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I hope new star wars books go deep on the lore of the kidnap kids who werent useful enough to the Jedi to wage war so they got washed out to farming communes and we get an academy award winning performance from somebody when they adapt the book a few years later.