Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which Nintendo character would you like to see in the next Soul Calibur game?
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 99 8.48%
Other 53 4.54%
jenna got milked 1015 86.98%
Total: 1167 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

What’s the most Marxist video game console

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disco Anne
Apr 1, 2010

Assume you're going to survive.
Games are totally fetch.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

comradedore 64

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Jay Rust posted:

Virtual Boy

it's red you see

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Jay Rust posted:

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Convex posted:

:ohdear::hf::ohdear:

Had a couple so far, but still getting used to the muscle memory of having to dodge over bullets (versus BoI where you have to evade everything). I've gotten to stage 3 and also beat a stage 1 boss without dying once! My favourite gun so far is the prism that shoots laser bolts. Also I really hate the thief's lockpick as it never seems to work :(

Pilot is kinda rough since his starting gun sorta sucks and the lockpick is random but he's great for hoarding keys/money to give to the elevator guy

I had the best luck when I was first starting out with the Marine (who has a good starting gun that shoots clear across the dang room and has a persistent bonus to accuracy and reload time) or the Hunter (starts with crossbow and dog that digs up treasure for you sometimes so you can get a good start in the run)

yeah the dodge roll take some getting used to- you have to think about when you should actually use it so you don't put yourself in a bad position or dodge right into another projectile

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

Dendy

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Jay Rust posted:

sega pico

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Went to the biblical art museum today. It was pretty chill and not as preachy as you'd think it would be, especially for being in the Bible belt buckle.

Metal angel

Buddy Moses

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Jay Rust posted:

Sega Genesis, on the grounds that when we rented one we would rent whatever the Battletech game for it was called and the multiplayer literally had one person control the legs of the robot and one person control the guns, like some sort of...collective.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Beet Wagon posted:

Sega Genesis, on the grounds that when we rented one we would rent whatever the Battletech game for it was called and the multiplayer literally had one person control the legs of the robot and one person control the guns, like some sort of...collective.

a while ago i played a good game called "animalia" that was like this except the player character is an assortment of four woodland creatures each operating a different part of a lifelike facsimile of a human child

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Hey speaking of teens, what’s the difference between a joint and a blunt??

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Jay Rust posted:

first has tobacco, second is pure

edit: uh, as I have been told by people that have experienced these things in real life, which i assuredly have not

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Jay Rust posted:

blunts are rolled in tobacco paper, joints are rolled in hemp or rice paper

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Convex posted:

first has tobacco, second is pure

edit: uh, as I have been told by people that have experienced these things in real life, which i assuredly have not

if it has tobacco actually in it it's a spliff

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Weedle posted:

if it has tobacco actually in it it's a spliff

oh yeah, latter is in a special kind of rolling material isn't it. It's been a long time

edit: for other people

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Didn’t expect there to be an actual answer, thank you

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

also speaking of teens

https://twitter.com/DaftLimmy/status/1232589441409130497

the actual dev reply is below this dingus

al-azad fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Feb 26, 2020

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
*vaping phat cotton while gobbling a whataburger triple meat triple cheese* lmao @ you degenerate fucks using weed

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Wait wait wait

I've got it

tsunderek Jeter

Weedle
May 31, 2006

al-azad posted:

also speaking of teens

https://twitter.com/DaftLimmy/status/1232589441409130497

the actual dev reply is below this dingus

Even though she’s half of this “fairy tale romance,” Rachel is a total tabula rasa. Forget the fact for a second that ghost stories only work when we slowly learn what the ghost wants, and that ball is totally dropped here. Her character is voiceless and her consent is assumed. We never learn anything about her side of the story or how she felt about Leonard. We get no voice recordings, no journals, no lost backpack, nothing. Oh, but we do get some of Leonard’s extremely creepy naked drawings of her, which I won’t repost here.

coooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

Disco Anne
Apr 1, 2010

Assume you're going to survive.

Jay Rust posted:

A console that minimizes control by the bourgeoisie and allows as much as possible of the proletariat to produce their own material?

Or Marxism as dialectical materialism as opposed to an emphasis on intangible principles and systems?
https://www.computerhistory.org/collections/catalog/X39.81 :shrug:

Or, I guess, the original gameboy because it came with Tetris. That works too.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

LUCA NO! gently caress OFF! THIS CAT'S A SON OF A BITCH! YOU ARE GETTING SPAYED RIGHT AFTER THIS!

bushisms.txt posted:

Went to the biblical art museum today. It was pretty chill and not as preachy as you'd think it would be, especially for being in the Bible belt buckle.

Metal angel

Buddy Moses

That's really neat! Do you have anymore photos?

Not enough stuff out there showing off the neat weird parts of the bible.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Jay Rust posted:

Gaming Ambrosia.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

When my PS1 broke because I kept messing with the lens the store replaced it with the smaller rounder PSone which made me cry for some reason so my parents returned that one and got me another og thick ps1

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"

Jay Rust posted:

A serious answer is probably the console that is most accessible to the proletariat, so with that as my base assumption and 2 seconds of thought, probably smart phones??

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

When my PS1 broke because I kept messing with the lens the store replaced it with the smaller rounder PSone which made me cry for some reason so my parents returned that one and got me another og thick ps1

The hell? The PS-One ruled and my parents bought me its screen and battery pack so I could play it on car rides

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Beet Wagon posted:

This reminds me of an idea I had for a Pacific Rim co-op game where two players control each half of a Jaeger in a giant arcade rig made up like a Gipsy Danger cockpit, movement and basic fighting would be like a rhythm game where the more in sync the players are the more effective their moves, and there'd be syncing minigames for specials and finishers. It'd be one of those things that's a huge hit in Japan but only show up like twice in America at big game expos and maybe one arcade would have it for a few months in California before going bankrupt

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I hope the Viewtiful Joe games get ported to a modern system

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

McSpanky posted:

This reminds me of an idea I had for a Pacific Rim co-op game where two players control each half of a Jaeger in a giant arcade rig made up like a Gipsy Danger cockpit, movement and basic fighting would be like a rhythm game where the more in sync the players are the more effective their moves, and there'd be syncing minigames for specials and finishers. It'd be one of those things that's a huge hit in Japan but only show up like twice in America at big game expos and maybe one arcade would have it for a few months in California before going bankrupt

That unironically sounds like an awesome game that I'd desperately want to play but probably never actually find someone to play with (or get mad and turn off immediately).

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
https://twitter.com/baldursgate3/status/1232761285567287296

Hootin' and hollerin'

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
There should be arcade rocket league that has 6 networked sit in cabs where there's a flight stick for air control instead of a shifter.

I don't foresee any issues getting arcade owners to dedicate that much square footage to a single game

Barudak
May 7, 2007

McSpanky posted:

Based on my experience in Japanese arcades, where does it spit out collectible cards?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

SeXReX posted:

There should be arcade rocket league that has 6 networked sit in cabs where there's a flight stick for air control instead of a shifter.

I don't foresee any issues getting arcade owners to dedicate that much square footage to a single game

It worked for battletech :shrug:

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
https://butterfingerff7r.com/

None of this DLC is an actual Butterfinger to use in battle this is BULLSHIT.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Brands

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

More like,
glands, cancer of the

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Can't believe the final fantasy franchise is being sullied by brands for the first time ever

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvr9Lyjy6nQ

It is interesting that the worst sandwich company ended up being paired with the worst Uncharted game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Uncharted 5: The Hunt for Fogle’s Vault