Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Burkion posted:

https://news.tokunation.com/2020/02/22/new-york-toy-fair-hasbro-buildable-mighty-morphin-dino-megazord-on-display-65947

45 ish dollars, looks decently articulated, and this is just the prototype. Hopefully it'll be better painted when it actually releases, but this isn't bad at all.

please Dragonzord

I'm a bit more concerned that it's split into 3 packs. At least with Beast Morphers (and transformers as some tried to argue with me about) there are at least alt modes so there is some playablity. There really wasn't a reason this couldn't just be a $45 all in one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

So they brought back Austin St. John...I wonder if they got James Naiper too...Dino Thunder red is there and already morphed...but I hope the reds get some face time

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

jivjov posted:

So they brought back Austin St. John...I wonder if they got James Naiper too...Dino Thunder red is there and already morphed...but I hope the reds get some face time

short answer: No

Long Answer: James seems to distance himself from his ranger past from what I hear and even the more willing Dino Thunder Cast weren't contact from what I remember. I think the only returning actors are the ones we see in the promo. Austin, Brennan, Davi, Yoshi, and James Davies.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Gokaiger was a gift, and one the American fanbase will never see the like of.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
This is still hope. Shout has not out right cancelled the sentai sets and last I heard they may be renegotiating with Hasbro.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I hope it's really called Power Rangers Season 28

And the next one is called Power Rangers Season Super 28

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I hope it's really called Power Rangers Season 28

And the next one is called Power Rangers Season Super 28

They're not doing the "Super" gimmick anymore. Season 2 of Beast Morphers just started today and it's still just called Power Rangers Beast Morphers.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Think they'll use any of the Super Sentai Strongest Battle footage?

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Fezz posted:

Think they'll use any of the Super Sentai Strongest Battle footage?

The team from that includes two characters from skipped shows, and the least charismatic red ranger ever to appear on TV.

So yeah, probably.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Blaze Dragon posted:

You didn't miss much, Ryusoulger was mediocre in every possible way despite having a lot of potential, at least until I got bored and dropped it. Apparently it got better afterwards but by that point it's way too late to make up for its mistakes.

Ryusoulger is aggressively bland, yeah, but the suits and mechs seem like they're tailor made for adaptation into Power Rangers, with the western knight themes, so maybe we'll get something good out of it.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

mateo360 posted:

This is still hope. Shout has not out right cancelled the sentai sets and last I heard they may be renegotiating with Hasbro.

Are they not doing well sales-wise? I mean, I'd get it, but it's disappointing.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Given they've done all the series (and a few prior to MMPR) up to Huricanger I can't imagine that they're being put out for releasing them. It's ether Hasbro or, worse, Toei, that's gumming up the works.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

ConanThe3rd posted:

Given they've done all the series (and a few prior to MMPR) up to Huricanger I can't imagine that they're being put out for releasing them. It's ether Hasbro or, worse, Toei, that's gumming up the works.

Probably Toei as Hasbro has worked with Shout Factory before so I can't really see why they'd have problems now

Unponderable
Feb 16, 2007

Good enough.

Burkion posted:

https://news.tokunation.com/2020/02/22/new-york-toy-fair-hasbro-buildable-mighty-morphin-dino-megazord-on-display-65947

45 ish dollars, looks decently articulated, and this is just the prototype. Hopefully it'll be better painted when it actually releases, but this isn't bad at all.

please Dragonzord

What mailing list do I sign up for to buy this thing? Been wanting an affordable Megazord.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I know it's a cheap-as-hell show for children, but I just discovered they did a crossover episode where they clearly couldn't/wouldn't hire the actual actor to cross over, so he's in his suit the entire time.

I'm kinda gobsmacked. Like, ok, the "lol cheap as hell" chesnut is kinda overdone, but what the hell.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

MisterBibs posted:

I know it's a cheap-as-hell show for children, but I just discovered they did a crossover episode where they clearly couldn't/wouldn't hire the actual actor to cross over, so he's in his suit the entire time.

I'm kinda gobsmacked. Like, ok, the "lol cheap as hell" chesnut is kinda overdone, but what the hell.

You're going to have to be more specific here

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Burkion posted:

You're going to have to be more specific here

Sorry, I forgot some nouns.

It's a Power Rangers Samurai special (I think? Seems to be a standalone 40min thing) called The Clash of the Red Rangers, which is a crossover between it and RPM's Red Ranger.

The actor who plays the RPM Red Ranger does the voice of the guy, but he's in his suit the entire time, so there must've been a reason he didn't show up. Given the history of the show, I bet it was money.

edit, I did some searching and it was a union thing, dude who played the Red Ranger in RPM couldn't be hired on a non-union gig, so he just voiced his character.

MisterBibs fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Feb 27, 2020

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
What does it say that I genuinely did not know which time this happened you were referring to

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
https://twitter.com/DenofGeekUS/status/1233030440786616321

YES.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Well if you insist.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

That's hosed. She won't even be born for 970 years, she is absolutely a minor.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Man, maybe they'll finally kiss.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
It also takes place after the wild force team up. I need a bit where Eric gives unwanted relationship advice.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Burkion posted:

What does it say that I genuinely did not know which time this happened you were referring to

Yeah I knew about Clash of the Red Rangers but I had it in my mind that there had to have been a bunch of other times that it happened and I was genuinely picking my brain trying to think of the other times.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Testekill posted:

Yeah I knew about Clash of the Red Rangers but I had it in my mind that there had to have been a bunch of other times that it happened and I was genuinely picking my brain trying to think of the other times.

I'm pretty sure that in the second Dino Thunder/SPD team-up, Tommy doesn't appear out of suit and the guy voicing the black ranger is definitely not Jason David Frank.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Funky Valentine posted:

I'm pretty sure that in the second Dino Thunder/SPD team-up, Tommy doesn't appear out of suit and the guy voicing the black ranger is definitely not Jason David Frank.

It was actually the white ranger voicing him

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

John Wick of Dogs posted:

It was actually the white stranger voicing him
Ftfy

Why do we have no morphinominal smilies, guys??

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!
Did Beast Morphers just fall of a cliff or something quality wise? I've missed a ton of episodes since I didn't know it was on Netflix as well, but the early ones seemed promising.

Steel has been a surprisingly good counterpart for J, it's actually pretty impressive and gives me hope for the next adaptation. Has that been announced yet?

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
The next adaptation is going to be Ryusoulger

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Gotta adapt every dino Sentai. Kids like red tyrannosaurs!

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!
Ah, ok. I've kind of fallen of my toku viewing, is Ryusoulger any good?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Agent Rush posted:

Ah, ok. I've kind of fallen of my toku viewing, is Ryusoulger any good?

I would call it aggressively mediocre, not terrible and it does get better near the end but there’s nothing particularly noteworthy about it either.

It also focuses heavily on the Red and Sixth but it’s possible that could be fixed in a western adaptation (they did it for Dino Charge after all).

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Larryb posted:

I would call it aggressively mediocre, not terrible and it does get better near the end but there’s nothing particularly noteworthy about it either.

It also focuses heavily on the Red and Sixth but it’s possible that could be fixed in a western adaptation (they did it for Dino Charge after all).

There's a lot of good potential for an adaptation, but the series itself is kinda meh. the most potential is in the mecha which have a really good toy gimmick, but it wasn't fully exploited by the midpoint of the series.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Larryb posted:

It improves in the last couple of arcs, but not enough to become Good. A couple of the villains do face turns and become 10x more interesting in the process, but that's about it.

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!
Ah, ok. Thanks for the answers! Go-Busters was good and Beast Morphers is too, maybe the adaptation of Ryusoulger will be an improvement!

Also, is there anyway to see the new episodes of Beast Morphers? Netflix only has the first season and the Nick app is a nightmare to use.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Agent Rush posted:

Ah, ok. Thanks for the answers! Go-Busters was good and Beast Morphers is too, maybe the adaptation of Ryusoulger will be an improvement!

Also, is there anyway to see the new episodes of Beast Morphers? Netflix only has the first season and the Nick app is a nightmare to use.

No legal means anyway (aside from maybe just watching them on TV) but you can probably find it on streaming sites like Kimcartoon and the like.

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!
Thanks, I'll give it a look sometime.

Is there a thread for the comics? I've scanned BSS but didn't see one.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Agent Rush posted:

Thanks, I'll give it a look sometime.

Is there a thread for the comics? I've scanned BSS but didn't see one.

This is a general PR thread, usually that stuff just gets posted here.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Yeah at the time that I made this thread the comics weren't a thing

Edit: I did not realize this thread was 7 years old. Goddamn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!
Wow, has it been that long?

Anyway, has anyone here been reading the comics? What are your feelings about the Necessary Evil arc?