Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Thermal Anomaly posted:

Pence actively encouraging the spread of coronachan in big cities as gods judgement for their decadent night clubs and 24 hour convenience stores

It's in his interest since he's 60 and Trump is 74 IIRC. Big difference in mortality rates there, especially since Pence is in a lot better physical shape.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
...what if we accidentally kissed 😳😳😳 in the quarantine chamber? 😷😷😷

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

tremendous content folks, just tremendous content, some say the best ever, it’s never been done before folks, this content, never

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
it doesn’t matter how much money congress devotes to this because there is no way Trump is going to spend it effectively. he is going to hire a million 23 year old failsons to go around the country spreading the disease by mistake

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

nikosoft posted:

Apparently we asked the CDC to test [them] when [they] first xfered in and it took them 4 days to finally do it since [they] didn't fit their patient profile lol

Does "patient profile" in this case just mean that they had recently been to China? Also idk if you want to remove gender identifying pronouns from your post or not.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

many are saying the corona virus can spread thru telephone

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer

FAUXTON posted:

Please tell me there's a lot of intermingling between US and Korean megachurch evangelists

Yes and the Korean churches that run missionaries into N. Korea are often funded by US 'sister' churches. It happens a lot.

But aforementioned US churches are nearly always racist af, and pro-trump, although the christian magazine article has done a lot of damage there, so most of the non-Korean-American churches will likely reject missionaries coming to speak at their church during this outbreak.

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice
Pt was on droplet protection when he xfered in. However, we have it confirmed that we've seen other Covid-19 patients in the facility, this is just the first community exposure case.

FYI, everything I've posted is what Public Affairs is saying publicly at this point, so I'm not exposing medical secrets or anything.

nikosoft fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Feb 27, 2020

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

amaru_chulla posted:

Greetings, virus brethren.

I got some dry beans and some sardines.

Can you skip the soaking process if you cook the beans in an Instant Pot?

one cool trick I discovered when I got a pressure cooker and started cooking with dried beans: if you cook them from dry with acidic ingredients, they will not soften. I cooked the dang beans for high pressure 30+ minutes in there with some tomato based sauce and when they came out the other end they were crunchy as hell. sucked.

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

College Slice

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

Does "patient profile" in this case just mean that they had recently been to China? Also idk if you want to remove gender identifying pronouns from your post or not.

Appreciate the effort, but I'm justing using he as a short hand, don't assume the gender of the patient. And yes, the travel screening intake only asks about travel to or contact with someone traveling internationally.

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

College Slice

Dustcat posted:

makes sense because trump just said in his presser that we're testing everyone who needs to be tested very well

Testing very well means requesting a test kit and sending it to Atlanta to be processed :shrug:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/NPR/status/1232845292908818432?s=20

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

nikosoft posted:

Testing very well means requesting a test kit and sending it to Atlanta to be processed :shrug:

tr,epmo

twoday
May 4, 2005

edit, that was from yesterday

Bone Crimes
Mar 7, 2007

nikosoft posted:

Pt was on droplet protection when he xfered in. However, we have it confirmed that we've seen other Covid-19 patients in the facility, this is just the first community exposure case.

FYI, everything I've posted is what Public Affairs is saying publicly at this point, so I'm not exposing medical secrets or anything.

Welp. Godspeed.

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Did Trump mention beans?

Squinky v2.0
Nov 16, 2006

Behind you! A three headed monkey!

College Slice
deez beans

Squinky v2.0
Nov 16, 2006

Behind you! A three headed monkey!

College Slice
rate your top 5 beans

kidney
lentil
black
garbanzo
ligma

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

mung

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

Just ate a beans only burrito from chipotle with extra beans. I'm protected.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Squinky v2.0 posted:

rate your top 5 beans

kidney
lentil
black
garbanzo
ligma

what is ligma

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

good if you can get it but most people dont have a graveyard nearby

twoday
May 4, 2005

fava

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
fava, yo

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Its just half the puffin juice and the puffin lives and doesnt mind. I promise!
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/travis_view/status/1232856428689285121?s=20

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

nikosoft posted:

Hell yeah, we just found out that the patient has been at the hospital I work at for the last week and I started feeling like poo poo yesterday, with a runny nose and cough. Fatigue and gastro symptoms are coming on strong today. Special gang tag, here I come!

have you personally been tested yet

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

senzu

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

please do NOT bully Corona-chan 😔

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
coffee bean chili

Rip Testes
Jan 29, 2004

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.
What is the mortality rate stratified by age? I'm wondering what the end of year tributes are going to look like. You know, the stars of the silver screen or dad rock icons that have passed on. I think Roger Waters has some big tour planned this spring and he's like 75. Is Mick Jagger going to croak from this? This disease hasn't had a chance to infiltrate the celebrity cadre yet. We could lose some cultural lodestones.

rump buttman
Feb 14, 2018

I just wish I had time for one more bowl of chili

buy more beans

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

My favorite kind of beans are JavaBeans

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

eric ciaramella posted:

coffee bean chili

i was looking for new ways to poo poo my guts out

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Rip Testes posted:

What is the mortality rate stratified by age? I'm wondering what the end of year tributes are going to look like. You know, the stars of the silver screen or dad rock icons that have passed on. I think Roger Waters has some big tour planned this spring and he's like 75. Is Mick Jagger going to croak from this? This disease hasn't had a chance to infiltrate the celebrity cadre yet. We could lose some cultural lodestones.

< 50 its .2% or .4%, 60 - 70 its 3.5%, over 70 is like 10 - 15%

Velvet Elvis
Jul 1, 2007

Stereotype posted:

it doesn’t matter how much money congress devotes to this because there is no way Trump is going to spend it effectively. he is going to hire a million 23 year old failsons to go around the country spreading the disease by mistake

“Welp, everyone is dead. I guess we can divert those funds to the wall.”

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

Rip Testes posted:

Everything's going to be cancelled

I think WRESTLEMANIA is the next big dumb capitalist thing that attracts 80,000+ people from all over the globe and it'll be interesting to see if that gets cancelled

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

Feldegast42 posted:

< 50 its .2% or .4%, 60 - 70 its 3.5%, over 70 is like 10 - 15%

The virus is a true comrade as it executes Boomers with ruthless efficiency

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

SKULL.GIF posted:

I work in a restaurant and it's gonna rule when Corona-chan decides to crush me under her heel

going to infect all the rich olds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

nikosoft posted:

sacramento?

https://twitter.com/Penn_Laboratory/status/1232831010145849344

which, hold on a sec.....found it

https://twitter.com/FOX40/status/1230931716669239296