Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Yeah, was wondering why Rob went for the puzzle again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Chic Trombone posted:

i did look away so i'm not even 100% sure what just happened

did they raid the other tribe for fire tokens? is that what that was??

Natalie gave Sarah the opportunity to spend a token for the chance to raid the other camp's torches in search of a steal-a-vote advantage, which she did find.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Chic Trombone posted:

i did look away so i'm not even 100% sure what just happened

did they raid the other tribe for fire tokens? is that what that was??

Sara got offered an advantage from Natalie on extinction island. In order to get it, she had to sneak in to other camp to get it. Bit confusing. Now Sara has a "vote steal" advantage.

Rob's mind games enough to save him tonight? Looks like he did real bad in that challenge, had to give up the rope swing, and goobered up the puzzle. Oh, looks like they're still going to push for Parv?

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Propaganda Machine posted:

Natalie gave Sarah the opportunity to spend a token for the chance to raid the other camp's torches in search of a steal-a-vote advantage, which she did find.

ohhhh ok that's what that was

still.... lmao

and yeah it's hard for me to shake the idea that rob is intentionally tanking now, since i think he feels fairly secure in his hold on the tribe? idk

perhaps it is i who is the wifom

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
You're not wrong to think that! People do it often enough, but they usually mug to the camera theyre going to do it beforehand

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007
Sartre and Russell are my heroes
You could tell that Sele was going to tribal if you follow the edit closely. All of the Dakal content was spread out across multiple people, just like last week when half the tribe talked about Tony's ladder because they only had limited time.

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Boston Rob, like Tom Brady, is washed up

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Poverty smiling her pretty teeth.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Dudes be so scared of women lol

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Oh man, Boston Rob bucklin

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

this is absolutely wild

adam really is just tellin' whoever, ain't he

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Chic Trombone posted:

and yeah it's hard for me to shake the idea that rob is intentionally tanking now, since i think he feels fairly secure in his hold on the tribe? idk

Who was it that said "I swear, some of these people think going to Tribal is the reward?"

Yeah.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
This really seems up to Michelle and Jeremy tonight.

Chic Trombone posted:

this is absolutely wild

adam really is just tellin' whoever, ain't he

Adam has full blown Goober.

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Feb 27, 2020

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Michele's gonna take out Ethan, I feel it in my bones :smith:

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Was Ethan even brought up? And Parv is going, she is my Pony and I must always be wrong

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Khanstant posted:

Was Ethan even brought up? And Parv is going, she is my Pony and I must always be wrong

Yes, in one sentence from Michele as a way to defang Rob.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Shneak posted:

Michele's gonna take out Ethan, I feel it in my bones :smith:

You have good bones.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
poo poo you right, and honestly good move by Michelle. Ethan seems like a super nice guy, bye bye :(

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Yes, in one sentence from Michele as a way to defang Rob.

https://twitter.com/malcolmwhw/status/1232844669987389440?s=21

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Yeah, I don't like this way for him to go out.

I missed it- who did he give his token to?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Parvati.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Good at challenges.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Leaving Adam out of the vote may be questionable from an alliance-building perspective, but I respect the hell out of the strong "stay in your lane, child" message.

Parv

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Rob at challenges brought them to tribal 2x. Big Brain play to protect Ambuh

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I guess that explains why there were so many secret scenes of Ethan: he wasn't relevant to the story.

I'm surprised Jeremy wasn't nudging Michele to go for Rob since he has to know he's probably getting advantages from Amber.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Ahahahahahaha, well. I feel like they vote Adam out next, honestly, though I will probably be wrong

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

drat, cancer really is the ultimate "edge of extinction".

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?
Currently on the tribe challenge: I completely forgot Wendell was on this season until Jeff mentioned him climbing

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
Ethan :(

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.
I'm glad I rewatched Michelle's season prior to WaW. I got a chance to appreciate her game the second time viewing, and I'm so excited to see where she takes her game this season

e.martin
Jun 22, 2018

Sad to see Ethan go. I find myself rooting for that Tribe though.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

AWarmBody posted:

I'm glad I rewatched Michelle's season prior to WaW. I got a chance to appreciate her game the second time viewing, and I'm so excited to see where she takes her game this season

Yeah, I want to rewatch that season knowing she wins. Still think it shoulda been Aubry but Michelle evidently did something more rightlier than her.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

e.martin posted:

Sad to see Ethan go. I find myself rooting for that Tribe though.

hard not to, when we've seen more strategic depth from them vs. Tony's Shenanigans (which i love dearly so far dont get me wrong)

its likely more editing and the fact that they've been to tribal on the last two episodes, so they've been the focus

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
Edge of extinction takes up way too much time each episode

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Ethan :(

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck
welp there goes my pony. rip.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
This really just goes to show you how much of Survivor is luck and random bullshit. Sometimes you do nothing wrong and get sent home because of someone you're connected to. Sometimes you make massive, huge mistakes and don't get punished for them. RIP Ethan, you are now officially my number one rooting interest to return to the game.

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007
Sartre and Russell are my heroes
Official Survivor account now trolling Adam

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Spergatory posted:

This really just goes to show you how much of Survivor is luck and random bullshit. Sometimes you do nothing wrong and get sent home because of someone you're connected to. Sometimes you make massive, huge mistakes and don't get punished for them. RIP Ethan, you are now officially my number one rooting interest to return to the game.
The connections you have with people are like, the meat and potatoes of the game though.

Like I'm as bummed as everyone else to see Ethan gone so early, but perhaps it should have been expected that he would get hit by stray fire when he attached himself to two of the three players with the absolute biggest targets on their backs of the whole season.

Raxivace fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Feb 27, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Bummed to see Ethan go, but as long as it’s not Parv I’m good. Might even help long term having Ethan on the edge feeding Parv advantages much like I hoped could happen with Ambuh/Rob.

I’m not sure how I feel about Ethan in that spot. Seems highly likely a tribe swap is coming soon, maybe even next episode. Gives Parv and Rob an opportunity to recruit some new allies and get back on top. Hopefully when the season is over everyone looks back on this episode as the missed opportunity to take down Parv or Rob.