Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

chitoryu12 posted:

From notmusa.tumblr.com:

I love everything about this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pseudorandom
Jun 16, 2010

Yam Slacker

Cardi A is my dealership's domain administrator. Cardi B is where I store information about all of the vehicles I have for sale.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Eh! Frank posted:

I swear to God, I *never* heard of this song until I was ~21-22 or so, and then suddenly EVERYBODY in the loving world knows it.

I guess it's big at live sporting events? Which I hardly went to any growing up, other than high school football games and an occasional A&M game. But still, it's like some sort of Mandela effect for me. It's not even a good song!

Red Sox sing it during the seventh inning stretch

Backweb
Feb 14, 2009

Eh! Frank posted:

I swear to God, I *never* heard of this song until I was ~21-22 or so, and then suddenly EVERYBODY in the loving world knows it.

I guess it's big at live sporting events? Which I hardly went to any growing up, other than high school football games and an occasional A&M game. But still, it's like some sort of Mandela effect for me. It's not even a good song!

Same. Summer of 2006 I had a job that was unplugged from the world, a kid was singing it every day and I figured it was just something he did. I get back to society and EVERYBODY was singing it.

Same thing happened with the word "meme" that same summer. Suddenly that fall every internet fad was being called a meme.

When you unplug for 3 months the world can get super weird.

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

No it's always loving weird, you just get desensitized to it.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Seeet Caroline is a mandatory part of every wedding to the point you’re not legally married unless it’s played at your reception at some point. Hence people over 20 or start knowing it as their friend group has weddings.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Backweb posted:

Same. Summer of 2006 I had a job that was unplugged from the world, a kid was singing it every day and I figured it was just something he did. I get back to society and EVERYBODY was singing it.

Same thing happened with the word "meme" that same summer. Suddenly that fall every internet fad was being called a meme.

I knew about it ever since I was a wee yin.

family friend's name is Caroline

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

pseudorandom posted:

Cardi A is my dealership's domain administrator. Cardi B is where I store information about all of the vehicles I have for sale.

And Cardi C belongs in the briny deep

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

quote:

Mehrdad Abedi, the doctor who treated Long at the University of California, Davis, meanwhile, told the newspaper that his patient’s surprising semen is likely due to the fact that Long had a vasectomy after his second child was born.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

https://twitter.com/dinosaurthe3rd/status/1232783910981029895

Afriscipio
Jun 3, 2013

Eh! Frank posted:

Come to Oktoberfest. You'll hear it in every tent, at least once an hour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1ihhNjBEfI&t=46s

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

poonchasta
Feb 22, 2007

FFFFAAAFFFFF FFFFFAAAAAAAFFFFF FFFFFFFFAAAAAAFFFFF FFFFFFFAAAAAAAFFFFFF FFFFFFFAAAAAAAFFFFF

pseudorandom posted:

Cardi A is the watch I wear.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
Cardi O is a real windbag and exhausting.

thepopmonster
Feb 18, 2014

dialhforhero posted:

Cardi O is a real windbag and exhausting.

Cardi Gan is what Mr Rogers used to wear on his iconic television show.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/RussianMemesLtd/status/1233019702986887168?s=20

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Like that song, can't stand audience participation. Same with Margaritaville.

DotyManX
Aug 9, 2004
Yeah I drive a minivan, big deal, wanna fight about it?

Eh! Frank posted:

Trevor Noah has an entire bit about how white people are physically unable to not go " BA BA BA" whenever it comes on.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Backweb posted:

It doesn't quite fit your timeline, but I always blamed that on it showing up on "Glee" in late 2009.

sarcastx
Feb 26, 2005

Eh! Frank posted:

I guess it's big at live sporting events?

Went to a game at UW Madison, saw all the students screaming that boomer jam poo poo when the guy in the booth put it on.
Why not pick something newer, let them sing along to something from this loving century?

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.
Yeah why would a multi-generational event trying to be engaging and fun play something that multiple generations can sing along to?

loving goons

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

DotyManX posted:

Trevor Noah has an entire bit about how white people are physically unable to not go " BA BA BA" whenever it comes on.

I have a similar experience only it's not yell 'gently caress-ing Slut' instead of BA BA BA. I don't know how wide spread it is, at least most of PA.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

What body of water is that

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Hands
Touching haaands
Reaching oooooout
Touching meeeeeeee

Samfucius posted:

loving gooooooooooooooooons

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!
if y'all hate audience participation then you're gonna get a real kick outta this little number

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

YggiDee posted:

How on earth are people dying of vampires in Alaska? In the summer you get 22 hours of daylight, and in the winter you're trying to bite someone through a thermal undershirt, two turtlenecks, a scarf, a parka, and another scarf.

1. No running water.

2. Everyone will invite strangers into their home so they don’t freeze to death.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
https://twitter.com/TheBlackNerd/status/1232828566116749313

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Ok that one slays

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty

Utterly indistinguishable from the Rifts TTRPG.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

did the nerds rape anyone in dune?

CopperHound
Feb 14, 2012

ChubbyChecker posted:

did the nerds rape anyone in dune?
Probably? But not in a way that depicted it as cool and good.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Eh! Frank posted:

It's not even a good song!
Mods????

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

What is the Sweet Caroline business. I have been white for 4 decades and i am only being told about this now?

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006

Don't forget winning the talent show over the popular douchey jock, then when the principal tells his favorite teacher to expel you, he's like "lol nah" and you get elected homecoming king.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/pogobeta/status/1232830076938526721