Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Victory Position posted:

debuting story content in a Nintendo cameo is some parallel dimension brain poo poo. literally. :tinfoil:

It's not without precedent. The most recent star wars flick debuted story content in loving Fortnite of all things. Warframe itself has those comics with story and lore you can't learn anywhere else. I wouldn't expect anything new though, just her story arc of Space Mom going through her changes.

ugh! I got a little too stab happy and now I'm stuck with a quartakk lich

hazardousmouse fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Feb 26, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Tei posted:

Can these thing be lost forever? Do liches have a limit of how much stuff can steal, and start deleting stuff after that?

nope, only if you in the mean time go over the riven limit (but support should get those back for you)

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

She just enhances into her current story form and rains lasers.

I don't know what enhanced spirits in smash do.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
Yall be freaking out new players about potential endgame spoilers when it's really gonna be
https://twitter.com/rebbford/status/1231648456814579718

:colbert:

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

I want Atlas in Smash so I can dunk on all the fighters with my cool bacon scarf.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
i want saryn in smash so i can just spam 4 and kill everyone

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Deformed Church posted:

How many dicks do I need to suck to get something other than kuva, endo or an ayatan statue from a Sortie. It's been more than a month since my last primary riven and in the past two weeks I've had 1 melee and 1 zaw riven. The reactor was nice but I'm still holding like 10 of them anyway...

hey my complaining worked i got a riven

:suicide:

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

Devstream Info posted:

Review, Revise, Refresh! Join us as we go over 2020’s first Mainline – but not in a ‘new content’ sense. We are going to be reviewing a 20-part list of Reviews, Revisions, and Refreshes that we are working on for Warframe. Everything from Railjack Onboarding Changes to Shield Gating. From Self Damage to Excavation Mission Health Scaling – don’t miss it! We will have a comprehensive Dev Workshop up on Friday for those who cannot watch the stream – fear not!
cautiously optimistic

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.
whats shield gating?

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
if your shields get depleted, your get small invulnerability time. hildryn has it as a passive and can give it to others with her 3.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

It also sounds like they're looking at not just shield gating but other tricks for enemy shields to bring them up to par with armor - this came about while trying to balance the new Corpus railjack stuff, if I recall

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
The hope: they finally rework armor into something reasonable that doesn't make people rage in a otherwise chill game when there aren't 4 corrosive projection in a group or have enemies with 98% damage reduction that can't be stripped.
The expection: shielded enemies get the exact same damage reduction as armor and you now have to get everyone to swap between shield disruption and corrosive projection for every mission.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

The more likely outcome will be the same clusterfuck as ever for auras, and smart players will just have primary and secondary each modded to strip a different defense layer. Which means non-status weapons can go get hosed.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

This is what they said on the subject a few streams ago,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLaXC3LcjYU&t=4308s

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

sushibandit posted:

The more likely outcome will be the same clusterfuck as ever for auras, and smart players will just have primary and secondary each modded to strip a different defense layer. Which means non-status weapons can go get hosed.

everyone would just use melee

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Berke Negri posted:

everyone would just use melee

Enough about Smash Bros!

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Come to the Undead Settlement in the next 20 mins if u want an ash kicking
We have shield gating. It's called Rolling Guard or Vazarin dash.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

Iretep posted:

if your shields get depleted, your get small invulnerability time. hildryn has it as a passive and can give it to others with her 3.

Thanks. As a hildryn main I was unsure whats all the fuss about :v:

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

These poles made from wood, and the crossarms from iron.
It doesn't sound like they're doing anything productive with armor. Pubbing higher level stuff should be a little easier, but the number changes they mentioned won't lessen the value of armor stripping at all. 7300 vs. 5800 (the numbers from the stream) is 96% vs. 95% damage reduction. On a 100 Bombard, that's a drop from 1,057,518 to 849,024 effective HP, which is probably noticeable. But 4x corpro will still take that 850k down to 42k, and lets you run viral on everything to halve it again to 21k.

Even the lowest number they mentioned (1400) is still restrictive. Corpro beats Steel Charge at 450/750 enemy armor depending on whether you're using Primed or regular Pressure Point. Basic Lancers hit 750 armor by level 62, which is below the level range they're talking about adjusting. The only way corpro loses value is if they target it and meganerf it, which seems unlikely given how little use it gets from pubbies.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity
Just saw a YouTube video (think it was grindhard squad) which pointed out that Revenant's mesmer armor prevents death from Bramma. Rev is quickly becoming my solve all problems frame. Wukong being the first.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Guilty posted:

Just saw a YouTube video (think it was grindhard squad) which pointed out that Revenant's mesmer armor prevents death from Bramma. Rev is quickly becoming my solve all problems frame. Wukong being the first.

one of us, one of us

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I'm no professional designer but I don't think that armor and shields should have a value that scales and a value that can be stripped.

All enemies tagged with ARMOR should automatically reduce incoming weapon damage by, let's say, 25%.

All enemies tagged with SHIELD should automatically reduce damage from powers by 25%.

Infested enemies have neither but instead regen health at 0.5%/sec.

Don't let anything a player can do alter or remove these values. gently caress it!

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Guilty posted:

God drat it. I was talking about this in clan chat like a week ago and wanted to keep it a Goon-Tang Clan Secret for longer. The longer it is kept on the down-low, the longer it takes for DE to nerf it.

Mesmer Skin grants immunity to death from all damage not directly from an enemy attack, and does not lose charges in the process. This even includes Void Lasers, and, yes, all self-damage.

Tallgeese fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Feb 28, 2020

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

brb running through maps shooting my bramma at the floor

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Warframe dying is becoming something of a meme in the idiot spaces like region chat on PS4. Anything like that happening on PC? What dumbass YouTubers are shrieking this time?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Why would you ever pay attention to general chat in an online game

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

The issue is primarily that Railjack was kind of a flop.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

As a new player, I expect DE would have to release multiple new rounds of content that are a flop in a row for Warframe to die. There's so much good stuff to build on that I think it'd be hard to fail that hard.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Raptor1033 posted:

Warframe dying is becoming something of a meme in the idiot spaces like region chat on PS4. Anything like that happening on PC? What dumbass YouTubers are shrieking this time?

"Warframe is dying" has been the go-to line of the comically over-hardcore since probably 2014.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Tallgeese posted:

The issue is primarily that Railjack was kind of a flop.

I know you're not the one I'm arguing with but man, I think RJ's a real solid core and they just need to keep adding to it.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Yeah, make missions a bit faster, cut down on the ridiculous number of loading screens between orbiter, railjack above orbiter, missions, dojos in drydocks and so on, I suspect they are also going to make the enemies in high level RJ slightly less bullet spongey and also have a DPS below a billion and probably give us new mission types that might not even require us to kill everything.

There's definitely a solid core in there, I've played a bunch of RJ lately and had some solid fun.

Although I still have no idea why the pilot isn't in control of the big gun, the player coordination to get someone there just can't be spontaneous and therefore doesn't happen. Also we badly need UI elements to tell us of various problems on the RJ itself, Cy takes about an hour to tell us that there are fires, and, also, boarders, but not before congratulating us for fixing that exposed electric cable and therefore kinda sucks for situational awareness. Just give us a set of four icons under the RJ health bar: Breach, Fire, Short, Boarders, we'll all react about an hour faster.

(Also for the love of god better icons for the various enemy fighters, and distance counters, I'm not asking for a full 2525 symbology thing, I want outriders and fighters to not look the same because, for now, if I can't make the difference, and I can't, I just pick at random and hose away. Also crewship icons are still too much like the fighter icons.)

SIGSEGV fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Feb 28, 2020

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Between liches and railjack's launch, I can absolutely empathize with frustration at warframe's latest releases if you're someone that's been playing for a long time. It's tough not to look through rose tinted glasses though, because even in hindsight we still had garbage releases like everything to do with archwing. The realities of game development and maintaining a business sure are frustrating from a player standpoint. I'd love for railjack to have released in a polished manner, with more game modes, and with the promised interaction alongside the rest of the game. But maintaining player numbers and keeping up the hype ends up necessitating pushing more content out the door.

That rambling aside, I think the "warframe is dying!" meme'ing really picked up pace during the massive lull pre-fortuna. PoE brought in so many new players and imo was a breakthrough moment, but DE hasn't been able to maintain the rapid development process to keep the rabid fans happy.

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

I mean, any oldheads playing WF have active clans probably and so never a shortage of groups to play with, that's a safe assumption, right?

Is a portion of the 'warframe is dying' handwringing crowd just coming from people hoarding rare soon-to-be-primed-chambered mods or lamenting the loss of noobs to swindle in trade chat?

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I think it's just plain burnout. From a grinding perspective, there's not a lot to do once you hit max MR and have everything finished. Not to mention if you're a higher end partner and DE gives you all the new stuff so you can make videos on it to generate hype, there's not even the gameplay of chasing after the latest releases. It's not an enviable position to be in if you're running a channel that hasn't expanded laterally into a variety of games so you can cover the downtime between various patches.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

RJ was well-received and the balance patches have tuned it into a pretty good place. Y'all are just burned out but it's hardly a flop

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Reference point of one, but the railjack update sorta made me stop logging in for awhile, the one-two of Lich and railjack being underdeveloped compared to what was shown off made me just take a break until they get around to working on it some more.

Or maybe all future updates need a jaunty music video to accompany them like Fortuna.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

A lot of the youtube people are saying Railjack was a flop and that certainly doesn't help. I think it's only 'flopped' in that their isn't a ton of content for it right now so it is super easy to burn out on it, as soon as a little bit of content is added and any other part of the game gets tethered to it (and updated to work well) I think it'll be a real solid addition to the game.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

I really love the Fortuna music. So much.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
railjack is a cool idea but in practice it's kind of dull.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

SIGSEGV posted:

the player coordination to get someone there just can't be spontaneous and therefore doesn't happen.

Coordination of any kind is impossible with pubs on EU servers, because everyone is speaking different languages anyway.

Railjack just feels bad to play. I can't be bothered with it.