Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

YggiDee posted:

:hmmyes:

The classic 'am I unaware of my gender identity because it is too solid to question, or because it is too nebulous to exist'?
See, I have a very strong sense of my own gender identity but apparently that's unusual? It helped me understand trans stuff a lot better when I was a dumb teen, I think, because I was able to go 'I would feel really bad if I kept being read as a dude, so I should believe people when they tell me they're a man/a woman/both/neither.'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

T-man posted:

this is why im a trans supremacist, cis people were born into gender, trans people earned theirs through having to deal with cis people all the time (braver than the troops)

and if you think "im totally cis but i sure am annoyed about cis people a lot" you may want to think about things, same if you have a lot of trans friends who don't hate you or you find yourself in trans spaces a lot, and if they complain about cis people to you welcome to the fam

I'm cis (although I was reading a dissertation from a trans woman that really shook my way of looking at things/myself, basically she said something along the lines of "if you (as a man) envision yourself being able to do certain things more comfortably and more confidently as a woman, then congratulations - you just might be trans!" and it's like... hmm PLUS my mom always kept saying I should've been born as a girl?? but at the end of the day I feel comfortable and really attached to my body the way it is). I only have one IRL trans friend but she feels comfortable complaining about cis people and we joke about gaining magical anime powers to fight terfs.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

Mak0rz posted:

I thought a big reason why The_Donald got quarantined is because they kept harassing other subreddits with their racist alt right bullshit or something?

Doubtful considering they did that for ages without any admin action.

It's more likely that law enforcement questions regarding the sub got a little more pointed after they just couldn't help enthusiastically celebrating recent right wing terror attacks and sharing the videos. Reddit admins don't care about site rules much.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Antigravitas posted:

Doubtful considering they did that for ages without any admin action.

It's more likely that law enforcement questions regarding the sub got a little more pointed after they just couldn't help enthusiastically celebrating recent right wing terror attacks and sharing the videos. Reddit admins don't care about site rules much.

I thought the inciting action was when Republican state legislators in Oregon made national news by staging a walkout to deny quorum, and one of whom explicitly threatened to kill any law enforcement officers sent to bring him back to the capitol. The_donald was cheering on the threats, which was apparently too much for the reddit admins.

(Those Republican senators are currently staging another walkout again right now, because surprise surprise the Democrats' tactic the first time was "cave to their demands and hope they'll play fair now".)

SpaceViking
Sep 2, 2011

Who put the stars in the sky? Coyote will say he did it himself, and it is not a lie.

Mak0rz posted:

I thought a big reason why The_Donald got quarantined is because they kept harassing other subreddits with their racist alt right bullshit or something?

The specific straw that broke the camel's back here was when the Oregon GOP absconded to avoid voting on a climate change bill and people (including one of those congressmen) started posting threats towards the cops sent to bring them back for the vote.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Blackula Vs. Tarantula posted:

I would read this thread if someone made it, it looked it if it already exists. Or just post more stuff in this thread, whatever.

Some horrible nerds made effortposts that I don't really want to replicate because there's no way I'm doing "research" on Reddit.

Like, there was that time the_donald got into a "meme war" with the swedish language sub and got clowned on for days, so the_donald removed their "no racism" rule to attract people from other known hives of racism on reddit, like r/european which was basically the pool of people too racist even for r/europe.

For a time the front page of Reddit was full of submissions like this because Swedes are really active on Reddit:

I swear I'm not making any of this up. It's intensely Online.

wizzardstaff posted:

I thought the inciting action was when Republican state legislators in Oregon made national news by staging a walkout to deny quorum, and one of whom explicitly threatened to kill any law enforcement officers sent to bring him back to the capitol. The_donald was cheering on the threats, which was apparently too much for the reddit admins.

I didn't even know about that. Cripes.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
https://twitter.com/freedom_memes/status/1225703651617849344?s=20
https://twitter.com/freedom_memes/status/1226065981476229120?s=20
https://twitter.com/freedom_memes/status/1215269347674836993?s=20
https://twitter.com/freedom_memes/status/1230815329439436802?s=20
https://twitter.com/freedom_memes/status/1223545232978935808?s=20
https://twitter.com/freedom_memes/status/1223159001577222144?s=20
https://twitter.com/freedom_memes/status/1204001242604687365?s=20

Fun stuff.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I think I had a stroke

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

https://twitter.com/JaneOst_/status/1232143208639012865?s=20

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

What

quidditch it and quit it
Oct 11, 2012

I don’t understand any of this, like literally have no clue what it’s for or against or whatever.

loving bizarre

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

quidditch it and quit it posted:

I don’t understand any of this, like literally have no clue what it’s for or against or whatever.

loving bizarre

I don’t know why but there’s a certain look to schizophrenic memes and those absolutely have it.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
They remind me of the works of David Dees.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

YggiDee posted:

The classic 'am I unaware of my gender identity because it is too solid to question, or because it is too nebulous to exist'?

What if you're a dude thats interested in eyeliner, nail polish, and maybe a nice skirt occasionally?

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Who What Now posted:

What if you're a dude thats interested in eyeliner, nail polish, and maybe a nice skirt occasionally?

I'm a firm supporter of dresses for all genders. Do you know how great it is to not wear pants when it's hot out?

And literally everyone looks great in eyeliner.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013
Proud to u.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

hanales posted:

Proud to u.

The photo on the right makes my neck hurt.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Why's she got ammo on her drat head?

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

EVOLEURT

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Because she's not naked, duh

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Melon shark do do do do do do

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!
I feel like if I was a soldier out doing soldier things I wouldn't bother putting on my makeup :confused:

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

artsy fartsy posted:

I feel like if I was a soldier out doing soldier things I wouldn't bother putting on my makeup :confused:

This is why you're not an influencer.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

artsy fartsy posted:

Thats why no 1 share u

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

artsy fartsy posted:

What part of not naked do you not understand

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

love to take orders from general/sargent/corporal TRUELOVE in her bullet helmet, which I'm guessing is not in the dress code but at least am not a naked girl

also all of you are trans or will be once operation GENDERBENDER is completed

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

T-man posted:

love to take orders from general/sargent/corporal TRUELOVE in her bullet helmet, which I'm guessing is not in the dress code but at least am not a naked girl

Can i be a non-gendered robot instead?

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

Picnic Princess posted:

So, like, if I had a leak and my underwear got blood on them, I've never washed them in the sink, that's nasty. I dab them on both sides with wads of toilet paper until the paper comes away clean, go about my day, then wash them at home. It's not the most hygienic but it's better than that. Who wants cold wet undies all day? Gross. And drying them under a fan is also a yikes. Don't blast your crotch water all over the bathroom.
This but you can remove/lighten bloodstains with saliva so I'd be sitting on a toilet spitting into my underwear before dabbing with toilet paper. Geez, my life is disgusting.

Doc Hawkins posted:

*transphobane voice* you merely adopted the gender, T-man. we were born in it, molded by it!
I misread this as Z-Man and thought it was incredibly clever.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

T-man posted:

Look, the rest of us at High Command really need you to knock it off with this spoiling the surprise thing you've got going on.

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

These people all have brain worms.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

RoboRodent posted:

I'm a firm supporter of dresses for all genders. Do you know how great it is to not wear pants when it's hot out?

And literally everyone looks great in eyeliner.

No lie, if it was socially acceptable for men to wear long skirts, you best believe I'd never wear pants again for 3/4's of the year.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

PurpleXVI posted:

No lie, if it was socially acceptable for men to wear long skirts, you best believe I'd never wear pants again for 3/4's of the year.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I propose a trade, men get to wear skirts, women get pants with real pockets.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
all y'all complaining about a lack of skirts on men and real pockets for women get all high and mighty, but one dude puts on a utilitkilt and you crucify smh

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Yes that’s correct.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Screaming Idiot posted:

all y'all complaining about a lack of skirts on men and real pockets for women get all high and mighty, but one dude puts on a utilitkilt and you crucify smh

Just because something can be done does not mean it should.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

just wear skirts gently caress the norms, and dress go spinny too hth

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
my utilikilt weighted down with EDC supplies would go spinny too but the guns and knives would fly out and I'd have to change my name and move to another state again