Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
It's not for the audience, it's for the performers. It's embarrassing as hell to go out there in your undies and step on a scale in front of thousands of people. They have other people out there supporting the participants in their undies so they aren't by themselves out there with all that skin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Raskolnikov38 posted:

they should definitely get some guys in short shorts for a women's contract signing tho

we really didn't need Riho to be around seminude men. Am told she is very handsy.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

beggar posted:

It's not for the audience, it's for the performers. It's embarrassing as hell to go out there in your undies and step on a scale in front of thousands of people. They have other people out there supporting the participants in their undies so they aren't by themselves out there with all that skin

Moxley was blushing so much he was so nervous. Jericho kept burying his face into Ortiz’s chest and giggling.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Friendship and supporting people you care about is important and a good life lesson, so it's entirely unsurprising some people despise that

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Once Page gets to do a weigh in I'm gonna show up with a Cowboy Butts drive me NUTS sign

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

the women strip down to do a weigh-in but the audience crowds around to gawk at ring boy Sonny Kiss in his skimpy thong instead :eyepop:

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
The women at the weigh in weren’t even wearing anything skimpy. It wasn’t that much different from what I see girls wearing at the gym.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

The_Rob posted:

The women at the weigh in weren’t even wearing anything skimpy. It wasn’t that much different from what I see girls wearing at the gym.

I was gonna dispute this but then again I haven't been in a gym in decades so people could be lifting heavy in heels for all I know.

Dilbert Fanclub President
Oct 21, 2015

by Reene

coconono posted:

I like that they were able to present to very different body types in the same aesthetic space. Hardly anything to be upset by unless you're fishing for outrage.

On SA2020? Never.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

The_Rob posted:

It was about as skimpy as most women wrestler’s gear. They were definitely showing less rear end cheek than Sammy Guevara does on any given night. It was basically just to give it the trappings of a boxing or MMA weigh in.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Not every objection is outrage. Nobody's actually angry about this.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Lamuella posted:

Not every objection is outrage. Nobody's actually angry about this.

eat my fuc

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
A bunch of my female friends dislike it when scantily clad women are essentially wheeled out as ornaments at sports or on TV but I guess someone is trying to get Internet Wrestling Points by disliking AEW or something? (I didn't see it)

hadji murad posted:

it almost seems like all wrestlers are bastards

fake edit: especially the bastard

The Li'l Bastard?

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Malcolm Excellent posted:

I feel bad for the woman that work hard to be professional models, or in this case ring girls, only to be told that they're existence is gross, and they shouldn't be allowed to have that job.

It takes a ton of work to be physically fit and be comfortable out in public in skimpy outfits. How's about you respect their craft, rather than getting upset at their existence.

People aren’t criticizing the women, but the company that is using them as props. You don’t get to say, “Ah, but those props are WOMEN, so criticizing their use as props is the real sexism.”

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

they weren't props tho, they were doing their own very subtle bit of storytelling. re-watch the segment you'll see.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

don't peddle bullshit about modelling here. if you respect or know anything about the craft like i do then you would know about them smelly dumps you're taking and take them somewhere else. Probably your house aka the toilet!

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

coconono posted:

Invicta FC, the all women's MMA org, did this and it was amazing. They made the canadian prime minister wear a thong.

Lol 'made'

Justin brought his own thong and you know it.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Lamuella posted:

The three or four times AEW have used bikini models as decoration have all been weird. We can and should do better than this.

Look there's some weird stuff in JR's contract that the lawyers didn't notice. Don't even ask me about the puppy clause...

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Remember when Stupid Sexy Justin Trudeau was a meme? What a terrible age we live in.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Wendell posted:

People aren’t criticizing the women, but the company that is using them as props. You don’t get to say, “Ah, but those props are WOMEN, so criticizing their use as props is the real sexism.”

I'm saying they are professionals doing a job.

You saying that AEW or anyone else shouldn't offer that job is essentially saying they should LEARN TO CODE because their job is gross.

These woman are professionals, and should be respected for choosing that profession.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

some people want tentacles, some people want to smile knowingly while wearing less. its perfectly ok.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

coconono posted:

some people want tentacles, some people want to smile knowingly while wearing less. its perfectly ok.

I want a giant crab claw for a hand, and stretch armstrong legs, like a gamecube era CAW

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
AEW using ring girls to emulate a combat sport event is indicative of the notion that women can and should exist for the pleasure of men. This is not the fault of AEW (or any single event/organization); it is the structure of patriarchy that dominates all aspects of society and culture that is responsible. While it would be cool if AEW didn't participate in this, throwing the blame at them is ultimately missing the forest for the trees.

The solution is not equal opportunity objectification of all genders, but to restructure society so that any person may express their bodies without an undertone of them doing it under coercive circumstances.

Thank you for reading this stupid post about a stupid internet argument that should not exist.

Oct 21, 2015

by Reene
I just want to read tweets from and about wrestlers.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

I'm saying they are professionals doing a job.

You saying that AEW or anyone else shouldn't offer that job is essentially saying they should LEARN TO CODE because their job is gross.

These woman are professionals, and should be respected for choosing that profession.

I think you can both respect women and still be slightly critical of things that a lot of women still aren't very comfortable with.

It's a role that's traditionally objectifying, not respectful. People on the Internet are weird but you know.

EDIT: agree with the above two posts.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Dilbert Fanclub President posted:

Sorry for the derail, have you see. This tweet?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

there

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Feb 27, 2020

Oct 21, 2015

by Reene

Sorry for the derail, have you see. This tweet?

Now that’s a drat tweet!

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Eat My Fuc posted:

It’s different and you know it is. It’s sexist nonsense to have women there as eye candy in any capacity and it’s classless, I don’t care if they do it in boxing or UFC, literally every top fighter in those sports is a transphobe or abuser, AEW shouldn’t be miming scummy business models.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Dilbert Fanclub President posted:

yeah I tried posting these yesterday and got yelled at for being in the wrong thread. how about that.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

challenge accepted, I guess

https://twitter.com/orangecassidy/status/1233077074719584257

FunMerrania
Mar 3, 2013

Blast Processing
https://twitter.com/trentylocks/status/1232907886038323201

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

hunnert car pileup posted:

yeah I tried posting these yesterday and got yelled at for being in the wrong thread. how about that.

You posted a Cornette-adjacent tweet, there is a separate Cornette thread

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
https://twitter.com/SexyChuckieT/status/1230313398052835328

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Big Huski Boi posted:

You posted a Cornette-adjacent tweet, there is a separate Cornette thread

your :actually: is greatly appreciated

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

hunnert car pileup posted:

your :actually: is greatly appreciated

go take your booboo face to the cornhole.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Eh, I think it's kind of lame. AEW absolutely likes using women as props which is extra weird when compared to how much their women's division doesn't treat the women as props.

But I'm not outraged, just giving it a side eye. They were also better than other companies which would have the women at the weigh in and shove the camera straight inside their rear end.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Gumball Gumption posted:

Eh, I think it's kind of lame. AEW absolutely likes using women as props which is extra weird when compared to how much their women's division doesn't treat the women as props.

But I'm not outraged, just giving it a side eye. They were also better than other companies which would have the women at the weigh in and shove the camera straight inside their rear end.

Don’t be mean to Pieter, she is a treasure

96 BELOW THE WAVE
Sep 12, 2011

all your prayers must seem as nothing

jesus WEP posted:

just make Wardlow and idk Trent pull double duty

this post is horny, and righteous before the lord

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

StarkRavingMad posted:

Don’t be mean to Pieter, she is a treasure

She is and I'm glad NJPW watches out for her prostate health. She's too nice to tell them the truth.