Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
ALL ABOARD THE ISS POLOKONZERVA

coronavirus posted:

I hope you don't live with anyone else, because the rear end to rear end water bidet transmission rate of covid-19 is 100%

You don't push your rear end on the faucet you savage. Unless it's one of those japanese toys where the asswater falls back on the sprinkler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Grand Egg
Jan 12, 2020

by Pragmatica

Sten Freak posted:

This is grim. People sent out as cured and then it comes back or they are reinfected somehow.

more like a gently caress up than an evolving virus, one person.

quote:

“Once you have the infection, it could remain dormant and with minimal symptoms, and then you can get an exacerbation if it finds its way into the lungs,” said Prof Philip Tierno at New York University’s school of medicine. He said much remained unknown about the virus. “I’m not certain that this is not biphasic, like anthrax,” he said, meaning the disease might appear to go away before recurring.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/feb/27/japanese-woman-tests-positive-for-coronavirus-for-second-time

A Grand Egg fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Feb 27, 2020

Steely Dad
Jul 29, 2006

cda posted:

I spent all my pump money on a penis one

Wait a few weeks and you’ll be able to trade a single bean for one. These beans are going to moon. Just hodl.

e: sorry thought I was in the cspam thread

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

A Grand Egg posted:

You will get to find out what your Boss really does, you may be surprised you can actually run the place without them.

Yeah, I've had jobs like that for sure! But this is a plant/flower shop and she does a poo poo ton, lol. I could easily pick up the mantle for some of the things she does but I'm certainly nowhere near her level - if someone came up to me needing a humongous wedding or funerary order, I'd probably freeze up.

I mostly deal with the plant side of things. Yes I went to school to talk about plants.

A Grand Egg
Jan 12, 2020

by Pragmatica

Plant MONSTER. posted:

Yeah, I've had jobs like that for sure! But this is a plant/flower shop and she does a poo poo ton, lol. I could easily pick up the mantle for some of the things she does but I'm certainly nowhere near her level - if someone came up to me needing a humongous wedding or funerary order, I'd probably freeze up.

I mostly deal with the plant side of things. Yes I went to school to talk about plants.

Its your shop now buddy, just sell plants

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

A Grand Egg posted:

Its your shop now buddy, just sell plants go full little shop of horrors.

A Grand Egg
Jan 12, 2020

by Pragmatica

HAHA gently caress I didnt even notice

El Pipila
Dec 30, 2006
I am invincible; I have a stone on my back!
I just bought 5 kg of beans, how can i make booze with them?!?!

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

El Pipila posted:

bean liqueur

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

El Pipila posted:

This may help....

https://www.thebrewsite.com/apocalypse-beer-ferment-anything/

A Grand Egg
Jan 12, 2020

by Pragmatica

El Pipila posted:

Starch is a carbohydrate and in beans but making it viable....

It seems you may have to malt them like barley before they will work.

But it will taste poo poo im sure.

A Grand Egg fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Feb 27, 2020

El Pipila
Dec 30, 2006
I am invincible; I have a stone on my back!

A Grand Egg posted:

But it will taste poo poo im sure.
Really doesn't matter

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Like 4/5 articles on the AP news app are about corona Jfc

A Grand Egg
Jan 12, 2020

by Pragmatica

El Pipila posted:

Really doesn't matter

If you have yeast just use plain sugar, yeast, and some beans to taste.

5 parts water, 1 part sugar, 1 packet yeast.

Pour the sugar in the brewing container

Add water and yeast.

(Traditional bucket is 30 litres, so the optimum recipe includes 5 kg of sugar and 1 packet of yeast.)

Cover the top but not air tight, if its a bottle use a condom with a pinhole, or use cling film and elastic band for larger.

Leave it until the fermentation is stopped (1 - 2 weeks)

This is Finnish Kilju

A Grand Egg fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Feb 27, 2020

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

and it loving will

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

A Grand Egg posted:

If you have yeast just use plain sugar, yeast, and some beans to taste.

5 parts water, 1 part sugar, 1 packet yeast.

Pour the sugar in the brewing container

Add water and yeast.

(Traditional bucket is 30 litres, so the optimum recipe includes 6 parts of sugar and 1 packet of yeast.)

Cover the top but not air tight, if its a bottle use a condom with a pinhole, or use cling film and elastic band for larger.

Leave it until the fermentation is stopped (1 - 2 weeks)

This is Finnish Kilju

Also traditionally you only wait a few days and then poo poo yourself out in agony while puking and crying. The full Finnish experience.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Books On Tape posted:

Our plan is kinda one of stages.

We will have 4-5 couples (all close friends) there to share watch/duties with plenty of bedrooms/space for everyone. Each would be coming in with ~2+ months of supplies. We could comfortably shelter in place for extended period there, and properly defend it if anyone who didn't prepare decided to get nosy.

Which stage does the couple swapping start

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
And we have to 14 new cases in Germany. Probably thanks to that rear end in a top hat who went to a carnival thing with 300 guests despite having a fever.

Corona or not, who the hell feels poo poo, has a fever and decides "hey let's go to this party"....

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

Hopper posted:

And we have to 14 new cases in Germany. Probably thanks to that rear end in a top hat who went to a carnival thing with 300 guests despite having a fever.

Corona or not, who the hell feels poo poo, has a fever and decides "hey let's go to this party"....

Everyone on earth is a moron, it amazes me that we have anyone self-isolating at all.

A Grand Egg
Jan 12, 2020

by Pragmatica

Hopper posted:

Im sure Germans are bizarre Tim and Eric weirdly tanned parodys of humans who feel bad all the time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLeQl0iXT-4

A Grand Egg fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Feb 27, 2020

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

Working in dental hygiene puts me directly in the line of fire to the point where I'm guaranteed to get the virus if I encounter a patient with it. Oh well, gently caress it. I can't go to a hospital or even a doctor because I have the extreme misfortune of being an american, so hey, gently caress it.

Probably won't die, just feel lovely. Then again I got bronchitis a few times as a kid so maybe it will kill me.

I hate my job anyway so getting sick and dying just means I can retire early.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

Books On Tape posted:

Our plan is kinda one of stages.

1) Now: start slowly phasing in light social distancing and improved hygienic habits. View large crowd gatherings as risk/reward scenarios.

2) Spreading begins stateside: Telecommute. Shelter in place mostly. Social distancing and Light PPE when in public. Establish decon station in garage w/ crude "scrub station" to keep inside home "clear". Stage 2 bins with important personal items, have 2 large bins ready for clothes (Odds: Likely)

3) Spreading begins locally: Firm shelter in place. Stage clothes, supplies & be prepared to roll to a buddy's house on short notice. IF either of us needs to leave, full PPE and scrub in when returning home. (Odds: 50 / 50 of happening)

4) Quarantine / Instability: If we see threat of forced quarantine / local travel restriction / Localized looting, we will load clothes/supplies/weapons/personal bins into our two vehicles, secure the house, and relocate to a buddy's house about 4 miles away per an agreed upon plan. (Odds: Highly unlikely)

Secondary / Emergency Location: He, his wife, and 2yo son live in a 9000 square foot brick home in a very nice neighborhood. It sits atop a hill at the end of a cove with great sight lines in all directions.

He's in the military, is a weapons expert. He's got 2+ years of food, more ammo than we could ever need, reloading bench, a nice garden, honey bees, significant medical supplies, an extensive whiskey collection, roughly 500gal water storage (bottled, 2x 55gal drums, 4x water BOBs), plus rainwater collection system tied into his gutters and a large water purification system. HE is a "prepper", albeit a very normal dude. His wife is a military/civilian pilot as well. You'd never guess any of this meeting them or walking around their house, which is by design.

We will have 4-5 couples (all close friends) there to share watch/duties with plenty of bedrooms/space for everyone. Each would be coming in with ~2+ months of supplies. We could comfortably shelter in place for extended period there, and properly defend it if anyone who didn't prepare decided to get nosy.

Lol. Your buddy is gonna turn cult leader and march all the men off of that very nice cove. That, or a band of hardened 12 year olds get you City of God style.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum

The Skeleton King posted:

Working in dental hygiene puts me directly in the line of fire to the point where I'm guaranteed to get the virus if I encounter a patient with it.

Do you get sick a lot?

A Grand Egg
Jan 12, 2020

by Pragmatica
I love the symptoms are:

quote:

Symptoms can range from mild illness to pneumonia. Some people will recover easily, and others may get very sick very quickly. People with coronavirus may experience:

fever
flu-like symptoms such as coughing, sore throat and fatigue
shortness of breath

This is also drop off time for last years influenza shots which didnt peak until like mid year.

A Grand Egg fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Feb 27, 2020

cda
Jan 2, 2010

by Hand Knit

thgis is one of my favorite album covers of all time, ty for posting it here, it makes me feel better about the 'rona

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Hopper posted:

"Hey this party is gonna own and I've been looking forward to it for ages, I can just jam myself to the gills with dayquil and have fun for a few hours. I'm totally on the mend anyways"

IAmThatIs
Nov 17, 2014

Wasteland Style

The Glumslinger posted:

"Hey this party is gonna own and I've been looking forward to it for ages, I can just jam myself to the gills with dayquil and have fun for a few hours. I'm totally on the mend anyways"

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Super selfish all the same. Shouldn't go to gatherings when ill.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

It begins

https://twitter.com/capitolalert/status/1233100190048907264?s=21

A Grand Egg
Jan 12, 2020

by Pragmatica
Just stay at home if youre sick, how do you survive? Work it out?

Hero

A Grand Egg fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Feb 27, 2020

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.

Hopper posted:

Yeah honestly I've had a low grade fever the past few days (after travelling) and got a cough just today. And it wasn't until like a few minutes ago when I read the symptoms that I was like 'oh hrm'. Luckily I've been basically quarantined since I got back. I didn't really think about it because I get fevers pretty easily and I hadn't slept well at all. If my cough is at all worse tomorrow I'm going to go get tested. I will 99.9998% be fine (35 y/o male, no smoking/heart disease/lung nonsense, clean air) but I'm really not looking forward to sitting in my apartment with my wife and toddler for two weeks.

Honestly, once a world leader dies, and not even a major one, this mess is really going to be crazy.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I'm CHINESE and I'm in your neighborhood! Just SNEEZIN', sneezing EVERYWHERE. All over your HOUSE your DOG your BAKED GOODS hell yes join me friends

Ahaha its loving working!!!! I live in solano county bitches!!!

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

A Grand Egg posted:

Just stay at home if youre sick, how do you survive? Work it out?

Hero

Lets not be partisan about it. Anyone gathering for political reasons deserves to get it.

cda
Jan 2, 2010

by Hand Knit

Shaocaholica posted:

Lets not be partisan about it. Anyone gathering for political reasons deserves to get it.

Good thing there's nothing happening in america right now that usually involves a lot of gatherings for political reasons

A Grand Egg
Jan 12, 2020

by Pragmatica

cda posted:

Good thing there's nothing happening in america right now that usually involves a lot of gatherings for political reasons

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
he shook trmp hand

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qg92BqQ8IQA

A Grand Egg
Jan 12, 2020

by Pragmatica

Reported, just awful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpKvtbAMw9Y

Shadowhand00
Jan 23, 2006

Golden Bear is ever watching; day by day he prowls, and when he hears the tread of lowly Stanfurd red,from his Lair he fiercely growls.
Toilet Rascal

coronavirus posted:

I hope you don't live with anyone else, because the rear end to rear end water bidet transmission rate of covid-19 is 100%

That's unfortunate because Japan has bidets everywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Grand Egg
Jan 12, 2020

by Pragmatica
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ip7l4GoW4V4

A Grand Egg fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Feb 27, 2020