Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Pretty impressive how the proper test for an unprepared administration was a pandemic rather than absolutely everything else they did wrong. And that the pandemic was the excuse the markets would have to finally collapse after almost three years of massive overpricing and ignoring of market realities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Trump will survive this.

Literally. The masses can die and he'll be one of the few remaining survivors, chomping on big macs in a secured shelter under the WH.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Bronze Fonz posted:

Trump will survive this.

Literally. The masses can die and he'll be one of the few remaining survivors, chomping on big macs in a secured shelter under the WH.

He'll catch it from a contaminated Whopper that was sneezed on by a drive-thru employee.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Shelf stable genius.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Trump will burn through the emergency supplies by demanding two scoops of astronaut ice cream with every meal.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Nature finally says "gently caress it"

"You guys really aren't going to try and save yourselves? You're really just going to multiply endlessly, making everything else around you extinct, and destroying your own life support system? Fine, gently caress it. Maybe this is what you need"

cda
Jan 2, 2010

by Hand Knit

numberoneposter posted:

Shelf stable genius.

:golfclap:

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002
What if the only cure for this ends up involving finding somebody else who has it and farting into eachother's assholes

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Relayer posted:

What if the only cure for this ends up involving finding somebody else who has it and farting into eachother's assholes

Don't kinkshame

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Larry "“We have contained this”. “I won’t say airtight, but pretty close to airtight.”,” Kudlow is now on the President's coronavirus team.

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid
First confirmed case in the Netherlands. A dude who had just returned from Italy.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

News here has gone into panic mode about the economy. Is it as bad as they're making out?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

alphabettitouretti posted:

News here has gone into panic mode about the economy. Is it as bad as they're making out?

Check back in a week lmao

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

number go up and number go down. if you have long term investments like 401k don't sweat it as it will regain value and also there's nothing you can do about it either

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Necrothatcher posted:

This coming week is going to be bananas.

but i'm already short bananas to hedge against my long on beans!

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Burt Sexual posted:

I got a long email from my investment firm to not panic. Lol I’ve never gotten one before from them.

quote:

Like many investors right now, you may have questions or concerns about the recent volatility stemming from the coronavirus outbreak. Know that, as your Financial Advisors, we are here to help you understand what it means for the broader markets and your individual portfolio.

That’s why we'd like to invite you to listen to a special call to help you make sense of market activity as well as give you potential next steps

I hope the next steps are to invest heavily into mask/vaccine manufacturers.

warsow
Jun 28, 2009
Repost the pandemic chant!

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:
Coronavirus has moved from international to national and now today to my local news. March, it's gonna be everywhere.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Kind of on a knife's edge. Either it's about to bounce back slowly or next week will have a day with a Wikipedia page named "Black _____day 2020".

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Relayer posted:

What if they discovered the vaccine - you got it from tonguing an obese man's virus-spackled rear end in a top hat. He's strapped into stirrups and there's a long rear end queue. Just a little dab with your tongue on that Covid-covered taint means you get enough virus for immunity.

dead prez
Sep 22, 2019

Everytime I look around, I see
So much drama goin down
So much fakeness goin down
i hear it's a great time to buy a house. bad time to buy a decked out mad max anti-zombie road eliminator

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Your broker didn't call you??

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
We are getting more and more cases in Germany from people who were on holiday in Italy but Sweden has a woman who caught it on holiday in Germany. Which means it must be even more prevalent here then we thought.

My guess is there are hundreds of very mild cases already spreading it all over the place. It makes zero sense that Munich doesn't have a new case already, there are hundreds of people going to Italy from here every weekend.
I give it until Monday at most.

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

Yeah this poo poo is unstoppable by now.

dead prez
Sep 22, 2019

So much drama goin down
the recovery rate is spiking on that site tho maybe we'll all be ok

Bananaquiter
Aug 20, 2008

Ron's not here.

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Is this the death cult that Idaho woman gave her kids to?

That seems like the best case scenario.

I bet food store delivery services are going to really take off soon.

Toys For Ass Bum
Feb 1, 2015

Uncle Lloyd posted:

Luckily we now have coronavirus czar Mike Pence to help us all through.

Oh god, we really are all going to die.

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

the trump press conference was embarrassing asf as usual

https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/1233179043593363462

dead prez
Sep 22, 2019

So much drama goin down
remember when Pence bravely navigated Indiana through the trenches of HIV and hepatitis largely created by his party's removal of planned parenthood funding

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

this is a "good" post.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Burt Sexual posted:

Like 4/5 articles on the AP news app are about corona Jfc

I got a fever, and the only cure is about a year away.

Uncle Lloyd
Sep 2, 2019
IDK anything about investing, but I think I’m going to throw some tax refund money at airline stocks.

A Real Hologram
Jun 22, 2018

Moo!
Y’all bean hoarders are scrub tier. We be stocking up on IOSAT

IOSAT - Pack of 3 by Iosat - Octobe 2024 Expiration Date or Later https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LMPIR06/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_QsgwEbKEM6HCG

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

We just had the biggest Dow point drops in history (not that that means a lot because A) that's a record that's going to keep getting higher over time no matter what and B) it isn't the highest ever percentage drop).

But what does matter is that the gains since last September are all gone, companies are apparently pondering just not posting earnings anymore and there's signs that are pointing to continued freefall on Friday (right now futures are up, but just a smidgen, and they were up yesterday by about the same amount before the megadrop).

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I feel lovely and have a fever of 99.8 and live near the Bay Area is it the corona

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

evilmiera posted:

companies are apparently pondering just not posting earnings anymore

If they're publicly traded, do they have that option?

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

bird with big dick posted:

I feel lovely and have a fever of 99.8 and live near the Bay Area is it the corona

:rip:

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Is corona transmissible to cats I don’t want me little pookums to die with me she can feast on my corpse when I’m gone

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

New (edit: suspected) case in Montreal.
Health minister currently trying to reassure population that we're prepared and everything is under control.

Thankfully I'M prepared, having bought 2 cans of corn this week. Also have a 1L bottle of water in the fridge.

:rip:

Bronze Fonz fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Feb 28, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

https://montrealgazette.com/health/quebec-has-first-suspected-case-of-coronavirus-reports

quote:

Quebec has first suspected case of coronavirus: reports
Health Minister Danielle McCann is due to brief reporters on the subject at 8 p.m. Thursday.

The person just got back from Iran.

e: Live press conference here (in French): https://ici.radio-canada.ca/nouvelle/1640341/premier-cas-coronavirus-quebec-montreal