Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Official synopses of the Siege show:

quote:

It is the final hours of the devastating civil war between the Autobots and Decepticons. The war that has torn apart their home planet of Cybertron is at a tipping point. Two leaders, Optimus Prime and Megatron, both want to save their world and unify their people, but only on their own terms. In an attempt to end the conflict, Megatron is forced to consider using the Allspark, the source of all life and power on Cybertron, to “reformat” the Autobots, thus “unifying” Cybertron. Outnumbered, outgunned, and under SIEGE, the battle-weary Autobots orchestrate a desperate series of counterstrikes on a mission that, if everything somehow goes right, will end with an unthinkable choice: kill their planet in order to save it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

That’s a new wrinkle at least. Megatron just plain deciding to turn the Autobots to his side than use the Allspark to win the numbers race.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Sounds kind of like a plot from Headmasters IIRC. Cool.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
God drat it.

I'm going to buy more detolfs.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Rhyno posted:

God drat it.

Hey pick up a few for me while you’re at it. Thanks! :cheers:

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Rhyno posted:

God drat it.

Looking forward to the day you buy a detolf, assemble it, and then post that you put it in the way of the door and you can't get out of the room anymore.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Spiderdrake posted:

Looking forward to the day you buy a detolf, assemble it, and then post that you put it in the way of the door and you can't get out of the room anymore.

“Somehow I’ve anchored it in place?”

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I've decided, everyone has a Transformers character they fixate on and collect everything for

I'm going to do that for Predaking once I get things rolling on my end. Combiner Predaking, no single bots allowed in this party.

Which means I have all of three figures to grab. Oh Predaking, why are you my favorite Transformer combiner

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Burkion posted:

I've decided, everyone has a Transformers character they fixate on and collect everything for

Yes, hi, his name is Jazz, thank you.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
20 episodes of cyberverse season 3 are out.
Much, MUCH less comics inspired. Whirl is there but he doesn't have the deep pain of the comics version... but they did make him sound a little like Ryan Reynolds. And it's funny that they call this "Bumblebee adventures" when for like half the season Bee is not in it at all and it's about Hot Rod starting to become a real commander. There's one character I strongly dislike the direction they went in. And then in the recent episodes it's like they are finally allowed to put their OCs in instead of reimagining old characters.
And even though it can be argued that they ripped of a specific movie for some of what they did this season... I love what they did with the Quintessons. It's brilliant.
This is still a great series and a great format for a Transformers show. The thrust of the series, unlike past ones, is that these robots should be friends and it's a tragedy they can't be. I'm not sure if Beast Wars or Cyberverse has the higher amount of betrayals per minute, but both kind of have... a lot.

e: also they go really on point with transformers collectors with the scientist and his collection of soundwaves

Hemingway To Go! fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Feb 27, 2020

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Burkion posted:

I'm going to do that for Predaking once I get things rolling on my end. Combiner Predaking, no single bots allowed in this party.

Which means I have all of three figures to grab. Oh Predaking, why are you my favorite Transformer combiner

For me that's probably Thundercracker. I just like blue.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

In my heart, that character is Ultra Magnus or Springer, but on my shelf that character is clearly Optimus.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I- I don't actually have that

I'm trying to think of anyone I've got more than three of and I'm drawing a blank, unless I start crossing continuities and count Movie Optimus as Optimus

I've got three movie Optimus, and aside from his appearance in Bumblebee, I hate movie Optimus

Add that to my regular Optimus and I've got maybe seven or eight Optimus

So I guess I've got more than three regular Optimus, but still, that is not really in the spirit of what you said, because it's a small fraction of the total amount of Optimus

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Accept that you have an Optimus problem. You are among friends.

I have many Grimlock. Even poo poo ones.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
random question that might still have an answer here

Does anyone know how the MMPR Megazord and Feral Rex scale compared to each other? I figure there might be some crossover stuff there.

And if you're wondering, yes, I am planning on a future pose session where I have the two punching each other in the face- I know the Megazord isn't as big as the bigger TF combiners, but I also know that Feral Rex is generally smaller too for whatever reason

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Burkion posted:

random question that might still have an answer here

Does anyone know how the MMPR Megazord and Feral Rex scale compared to each other? I figure there might be some crossover stuff there.

And if you're wondering, yes, I am planning on a future pose session where I have the two punching each other in the face- I know the Megazord isn't as big as the bigger TF combiners, but I also know that Feral Rex is generally smaller too for whatever reason

Does it help if I show mine next to a Dragonzord?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Captain Magic posted:

Does it help if I show mine next to a Dragonzord?

Yes.

Always yes

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Season 3 is the last season of Cyberverse it seems, so I guess they’re churning them out. Interestingly, there’s a leaked preview pic with TARN?!

The_Doctor fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Feb 27, 2020

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Burkion posted:

Yes.

Always yes

And for good measure:

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
That's a perfect size for what I want to eventually do

Hell yeah. And bonus White Tigerzord is always welcome

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

My first was Thundercracker, so if I had money and the collector disease I'd have more of him. I'm okay with just my Topspin, though.

I did fixate on G1 Sureshot for a long while though. Have they ever updated him?

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Burkion posted:

That's a perfect size for what I want to eventually do

Hell yeah. And bonus White Tigerzord is always welcome

I really should man up and get the Megazord one of these days. I’m more connected personally with those two but without the big guy, it’s just not the same.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I will own every version of the Stunticons that are released. I also have a lot of Springers, Tracks and Trailbreakers.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Captain Magic posted:

I really should man up and get the Megazord one of these days. I’m more connected personally with those two but without the big guy, it’s just not the same.

Hasbro just announced a new version that looks like it will be rather good for a fairly cheap price

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

The_Doctor posted:

Season 3 is the last season of Cyberverse it seems, so I guess they’re churning them out. Interestingly, there’s a leaked preview pic with TARN?!

that is a very bizarre choice of character to bring over from IDW for a kids show.

i still really want that tarn action figure flametoys made but man its so expensive. i just want an mp-scale tarn

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Has anyone else here bought the BAF Cyberverse wave? With the Target deal they drop to $15 per figure and they look neat, but I'm on the fence. I just want some new crap to fiddle with really.

Iced Cocoa
Jul 14, 2011

Burkion posted:

I'm happy that the character I ended up fixating on appeared first 2015, and it's one probably won't appear again in any substancial role so my collection can be held in a single Detolf shelf.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
I hope she gets another toy, like how Lugnut did.

Speaking of which, my favourite comic store got another Lugnut in stock and I was tempted to buy him again...

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
mine's Shockwave. I don't have very many of him, but I do try to pick up the good ones at least, the Masterpiece and Voyager-at-leader-class-price from Siege as well as the combiner wars one are a great trio.

Everyone has an optimus or megatron problem just from the sheer number of them churned out. There's gotta be at least 150 different optimus figures(not counting like, the legends-scale or one-step changer ones, but deluxe or bigger)

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Rhyno posted:

Has anyone else here bought the BAF Cyberverse wave? With the Target deal they drop to $15 per figure and they look neat, but I'm on the fence. I just want some new crap to fiddle with really.

They're basically Siege-grade in terms of construction and articulation so all that matters is whether you like the designs.

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

I've not bought anything since MP Sunstreaker but I pre-ordered Snapdragon because gently caress yeah my favourite G1 finally gets a new mold.

I have a week off next week so gonna do some paintings based on my MP/Hastak photos to sell on. As long as mods say 'yes cool' was going to post them up here/sell through on social media etc. First ones up will be Wheeljack/Shockwave/Smokescreen/Slugslinger

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

You know how MP Spike looks a little weird since they didn't paint on any eyes? Well Reprolabels fix everything!

Rhyno posted:

I only have Optimus and Megs, but they're very good, easily the best versions of the characters from the various Cyberverse lines. At least of the ones I've bought. I think it's the only Cyberverse Megatron that doesn't have a totally poo poo tank mode.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Spike, now eternally angry at everything

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Burkion posted:

As someone also from the 80s forced to experience 2020 I can't blame him

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Burkion posted:

He's got Robot Chicken eyes

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Burkion posted:

better than poor shias perpetual "i just walked in on my parents banging" face

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

banned from Starbucks posted:

better than poor shias perpetual "i just walked in on my parents banging" face
I feel like this would be completely on brand for that part of the franchise

Phy posted:

As someone also from the 80s forced to experience 2020 I can't blame him
Optimus watches as twitter converts Spike into a white supremacist would be a hell of a comic

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

drrockso20 posted:

Goddamn my brain will not let me read this sentence without hearing some raspy voice woman sing it

His helmet's yellow gold
His boots were shop supplies
His car is his best friend

He hangs out all day long
With robots in disguise
His dad's name's really dumb

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

The_Doctor posted:

The backstory here is actually pretty great.

There's still some room at the end for like. A finale movie or something. I hope the next series uses this format, too, it's great to just have lots of Transformers show up and sometimes show up and steal the show instead of over focusing on five characters, one of which turns out to be the chosen one to stop Unicron/Megatronus at the end. So many of the characters in the show get to be fun and lovable on both sides and then it will suddenly swerve into Starscream's death cult or possession horror. But anyway, yeah, I think Cyberverse is now like ahead of Prime and Animated for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

i wish the mmc djd bots were properly MP sized instead of a weird halfway size, its a bummer there's no proper mp option out there for even just tarn.