Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

BurgerQuest posted:

for sharing with friends over the internet - old/new pc with as many CPU cores as possible for transcoding
for just your TV at home only - a NAS should do ok. ish.

Synology make NASs now that are designed for transcoding plex streams. Eg the DS14Play or DS14+

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I finally found a second hand push mower that wasn't complete poo poo or priced like a new mower. Thinking about starting up a patreon where you can donate money and I'll hand-mow a bespoke curse word into my 1.5 acre block and take a drone picture of it for you.

bear in mind I am right next door to a private airfield so this is prime curse world real estate

Jezza of OZPOS fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Feb 27, 2020

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

Thinking about starting up a patreon where you can donate money and I'll hand-mow a bespoke curse word into my 1.5 acre block and take a drone picture of it for you.

A worthwhile endeavour.

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

I'm tripping right now... Don't fuck this up for me.

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

I finally found a second hand push mower that wasn't complete poo poo or priced like a new mower. Thinking about starting up a patreon where you can donate money and I'll hand-mow a bespoke curse word into my 1.5 acre block and take a drone picture of it for you.

I will donate multiple dollars for #FREENVJ.

More if you employ him to do the mowing.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I was probably just going to do that for free tbh if I can find a flat space big enough for it

e: i'm not letting him touch my fuckin victa. he can do it if he brings his own equipment.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
What if you had a web interface that let people send text to a system controlling autonomous mowers which write it out

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Isaac posted:

What if you had a web interface that let people send text to a system controlling autonomous mowers which write it out

It'd piss off the olds and the terminally pedantic. Call it Mownr.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

That sounds dope as hell but computerised blades flying around while the macropods are trying to get a feed in might be a hard sell to the missus, I’ll get back to you. It might realistically be easier, if a slightly longer process, to train a roomba with a raspberry pi box and some mechano fixed to it to drop horse pellets in the shape of the lettering

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Isaac posted:

Tbh this is a terrible idea anyway. My proof of this assertion is that it’s functionally identical to the strike bowling bar instagram hashtag wound up with me posting a picture of me taking a slash and getting it splashed up on all the screens above each lane and I’m still not sure to this day if anyone saw it or if I’m on a list or what

CAMP FARTING ROCKS
Jan 14, 2005

02-6611-0142-1 posted:

Why does the word weeb upset people? (using the term people loosely)

it gets me because one day I just woke up and the word 'weeaboo' had been broadly appropriated to replace 'Wapanese', a perfectly fine extant term for Japanophiles, which is a shame because it then retrospectively recontextualised one of the best comics ever written for the internet.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
It was a wordfilter on 4chan.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QHxcZjmk1Y

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Laserface posted:

I tried to get a cab home from the Tool concert last week after the huge storm hit. Uber was surge pricing and cabs were abundant and lined up waiting to go so we tried a cab.

the first guy wouldnt unlock the doors to let us in until we said where we were going. we said 'Pendle hill' which is like 10min on the motorway from the concert, max. he said no.

we tried another guy and he said the same thing saying 'I wont get a return fare its not worth my time'

yeah, Cant figure out why people prefer Uber over cabs.

A cabbie dropped my mate and and gf from the city to the Shire off in the loving middle of nowhere.

"Finished my shift." he said.

Took 'em hours to get home.

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Someone retell that story about the taxi who didn't know that the car in front of them had a towbar and ending up wrecking the front of their taxi.

What about the dude that got into a taxi (cab) at Sydney Airport and asked to go to Camperdown (5 mins away.) and the taxi driver thought he said "Cambelltown" (90 mins wrong way, bad part of town).

Dude crashed out, possible desynchonisis.

:lol:

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

i've only had two jobs that would classify as "dirty" and most people wouldn't argue with, one was the saturday/sunday yardie at the victory hotel and you'd spend your first 4 hours between cleaning jobs the cleaners outright refused to do for safety reasons, and replacing toilet seats. The other one was the blood sweep at the slaughterhouse. You just wandered around the drainage floor sweeping blood into drains placed around the room. I think the second one is objectively worse in every metric but those are the two jobs I leave off my resume bc the skillset was basically a willingness to tolerate awful working conditions and not much else apart from reasonably working hands and legs and major vital organs.

The random poo poo and blood cleaning at the vic was really truely insane though, way worse than anything I saw in any other place in hospitality. Absolute war zone stuff. I cleaned pubs and restaurants for years under contract, and on payroll and I never saw anything to that extent. I did the cleaning for a 200 seat fine dining restaurant that had a huge space and it took me maybe 2 hours max to do the whole thing solo, but that pub had a 6 person cleaning crew, a full wet-vac system that plugged into our cleaning chemical cupboard, and I'd still have to do at least 2-3 hours worth of cleaning those days if you count all the times I took a break to throw up and blast a cigarette.

Time intensive issues that cropped up a lot were

vomit in rental plants
poo poo in rental plants
used condoms broken in a rental plant

really just the amount of abuse I saw rental plants cop there was incredible now that I think about it. there were other things but those poor plants really did cop it.

I take back every bad thing I have ever said to you.

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Saw this little dude tonight.

Maybe an inch long or so.

Errr 2.5 cms ish.

CAMP FARTING ROCKS
Jan 14, 2005

It was a wordfilter on 4chan.

imagine if "gently caress" had overtaken "gently caress" in general internet parlance. Except instead of "gently caress", it was a word specifically formulated by a clever artist to be meaningless, then injected with meaning by the internet. And this all happened one day without you noticing. This is why I hate the word "weeb".

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Zazi posted:

imagine if "gently caress" had overtaken "gently caress" in general internet parlance. Except instead of "gently caress", it was a word specifically formulated by a clever artist to be meaningless, then injected with meaning by the internet. And this all happened one day without you noticing. This is why I hate the word "weeb".

I hate "woke".

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Blow posted:

Saw this little dude tonight.

Maybe an inch long or so.

Errr 2.5 cms ish.

Sneaky lizard

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Waiting for coffee at my fav spot in the beaches near work

Pretty much entirely packed my stuff for the move tomorrow, except for the stuff in the fridge and freezer. Clearly I'm keen to get away from my overly pedantic housemate and into my own place

I think I was 95% packed bar the essentials by about Monday

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

McSpergin posted:

Waiting for coffee at my fav spot in the beaches near work

Pretty much entirely packed my stuff for the move tomorrow, except for the stuff in the fridge and freezer. Clearly I'm keen to get away from my overly pedantic housemate and into my own place

I think I was 95% packed bar the essentials by about Monday

Brookvale McDonald’s

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

well why not posted:

Brookvale McDonald’s

Funny you say that, its only a couple streets from there. Barrel One coffee Roasters in brooky. Had a grouse pastrami sandwich from there that was "an homage to .... Deli in New York" that apparently must do a similar sandwich.

Tons of pastrami, some Dijon mustard, seeded mustard, dill and pickles. 12/10
Also had an almond croissant with apricot jam and a coffee.
Great spot, but I've found a place near my new house that has won several gold medals at the fine food thingo for their coffee

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
Narraweena deli was great growing up because they had all these off brand icecreams made by the local italian community which was huge. Nice old dude used to give me free stuff to take home to my sister who he knew was disabled
The place was still there a few years ago and still reeked like a deli should. I bought 3 different kinds of halvah

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

McSpergin posted:

Funny you say that, its only a couple streets from there. Barrel One coffee Roasters in brooky. Had a grouse pastrami sandwich from there that was "an homage to .... Deli in New York" that apparently must do a similar sandwich.

Tons of pastrami, some Dijon mustard, seeded mustard, dill and pickles. 12/10
Also had an almond croissant with apricot jam and a coffee.
Great spot, but I've found a place near my new house that has won several gold medals at the fine food thingo for their coffee

Sounds legit I’ll check it out next time I’m unfortunate enough to be in Brookvale. Japes aside the area is getting pretty dang nice. Apart from that playground that is on top of the cemetery that’s frightening.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I'm in Melbourne and it's very Melbourne weather.

Inkfish
Mar 1, 2015

Had a surprise visitor today

No tags. I gave it some water and a pat and it left

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Laserface posted:

I'm in Melbourne and it's very Melbourne weather.

Sorry for calling you a oval office before.

I meant it in a nice way.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

That's ok you loving oval office

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Blow exists as the physical manifestation of "that guy" at the party

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Blow is the guy at the party that wants to stop the music and put on a Joe Rogan podcast.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Blow is the guy who dunks his face in the punch

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Blow Rogan smoking meth with Jose Musk.

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Jestery posted:

Blow exists as the physical manifestation of "that guy" at the party

Blow is the guy at the party that wants to stop the music and put on a Joe Rogan podcast.

Jestery posted:

Blow is the guy who dunks his face in the punch

ili posted:

Blow Rogan smoking meth with Jose Musk.

Really?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Blow is the guy at the party that goes table to table, finishing off the dregs in people's empties.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Blow is the guy at the party that encourages other partygoers to go on an expedition to steal a traffic cone from the nearby RSL.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Blow posted:

Really?

:350:

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Blow is the guy at the party that you find passed out on the roof at 5AM.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Blow is the guy who rummages through bins looking for dead soldiers with a mouthfull of beer left in them. Sometimes he finds ones with fag ends in too, those are a bonus.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Blow is the kinda of guy who doesn't know he is an angry drunk when his make tell him to calm down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Blow is the guy at the party who brings the Bird Bath from the garden into the living room.