Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which Nintendo character would you like to see in the next Soul Calibur game?
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 99 8.48%
Other 53 4.54%
jenna got milked 1015 86.98%
Total: 1167 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

If your game is so expensive that you need butterfinger money you should just stop

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

still less sad than buying cup noodles and sending in pictures of your receipt for Dissidia NT DLC.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHE2a5DVo0E

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Butterfinger will pair with anybody with blonde spiky hair.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
hello

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

al-azad posted:

Butterfinger will pair with anybody with blonde spiky hair.

For anyone who may be wondering, this is a reference to the Butterfingers commercials featuring Bart Simpson, which aired 25 years ago.

Those commercials are old enough to have a panic attack thinking about how they'll be paying off their student debt until the day they die.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8o7fqblXCDg

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

I remember doing research on Square Enix financial calls last year and they said in their releases that they planned to have a huge income flux in Holiday 2019 season, and I'm assuming that was supposed to be either FF7 or the Avengers game, maybe both? But their numbers were low the year before and they were using these releases to justify it so maybe they're actually in a bad spot

Barudak
May 7, 2007

It was those games.

They have a top 5 japanese gacha game and ffxiv, their financials are fine

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Barudak posted:

It was those games.

They have a top 5 japanese gacha game and ffxiv, their financials are fine

You certainly wouldn't think that when you look at how many games have languished in dev hell only to get a "please god just let us recoup something" release that aren't even fully finished. Like you said, they could be totally fine, but they don't act like it

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Gonna check this out and hope there's another Tachibana-level fight (this chart does not include the 119 times I died in the preview against him so that's where the chart should begin instead of zero)

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
It just occurred to me, is "Final Fantasy VII Remake" the official name of the game

like, not even a subtitle to clarify that this is chapter one? No fancier name than just "remake"?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Square Enix is not failing because they're doing a single brand deal, guys.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
remember when Lightning modeled for Louis Vuitton

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

cheetah7071 posted:

a blessed advertisement

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Waffleman_ posted:

Square Enix is not failing because they're doing a single brand deal, guys.

I mean I assumed the fact that they were struggling was the whole reason they even bothered to make FF7Re

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-PGVdEjmiw

May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
are they for real struggling or struggling in the sense that they're fine except they may not pay out as much as the shareholders have decided they deserve to get

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

All firms "struggle" under capitalism because of the TRPF

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

I mean I assumed the fact that they were struggling was the whole reason they even bothered to make FF7Re

If they were struggling for money wouldn't they do cheap quick cash-ins, like mobile games? Instead of a massive RPG that took multiple years of development?

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Gripweed posted:

If they were struggling for money wouldn't they do cheap quick cash-ins, like mobile games? Instead of a massive RPG that took multiple years of development?

Well, if by mobile games you count constantly porting all of their old games to every possible console then yes, they do a lot of that too. But remember, FF7RE was originally being done by CyberConnect2 (of .hack fame but mostly now just shoveling out Naruto games) until they canceled that version and brought it inhouse where it's now been delayed several times. I think the goal WAS for it to be a quick one, also supported by the whole episodic thing, but just like literally every other game they make they mismanaged it and dev hell lead to a way later release than they wanted

e: between handing the rights to their most beloved game of all time over to Cyberconnect and now rumors of letting Yoko Taro direct FF16 it seems like they don't have a ton of faith and are willing to do pretty much whatever to get some sort of change happening

RazzleDazzleHour fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Feb 28, 2020

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I'm going through Sigil and boy, I hate this level design a whole lot

It sure is a lot of lava and fighting pinkies, cacodemons, and lost souls on narrow ledges surrounded by lava and nothing else

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Feb 28, 2020

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Well, if by mobile games you count constantly porting all of their old games to every possible console then yes, they do a lot of that too. But remember, FF7RE was originally being done by CyberConnect2 (of .hack fame but mostly now just shoveling out Naruto games) until they canceled that version and brought it inhouse where it's now been delayed several times. I think the goal WAS for it to be a quick one, also supported by the whole episodic thing, but just like literally every other game they make they mismanaged it and dev hell lead to a way later release than they wanted

Yeah, basically this is their attempt at doing what Capcom did in 1/5th the time and money with RE2 remake, but badly mismanaged. It's kind of a doomed project from the start though, because unlike RE2 or other popular modern remakes of low res games, FF7 was a gigantic game with tons of content. Even just upscaling all the environments would've been a gigantic task, let alone all the cinematics and this entirely new battle system and the voice acting and all that jazz.

They shoulda remade Parasite Eve or something.

RBA Starblade posted:

I'm going through Sigil and boy, I hate this level design a whole lot

It sure is a lot of lava and fighting pinkies, cacodemons, and lost souls on narrow ledges surrounded by lava and nothing else

You're supposed to go to the Hive to recruit Annah.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

There is no indication that SE is doing badly

Barudak
May 7, 2007

cheetah7071 posted:

I do because its in my presentations at work

Disco Anne
Apr 1, 2010

Assume you're going to survive.
I have completed Shadow of the Tomb Raider. It was entirely adequate.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I remember being confused about why I couldn't make mario drink milk and get real big and stomp around wet dry world like in that milk ad

May 8, 2006

why won't Mario suckle

how to activate teat

mario milk secret

mario milk safe

mario milk recipes

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Relax Or DIE posted:

why won't Mario suckle

how to activate teat

mario milk secret

mario milk safe

mario milk recipes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iuy-YE0ZpDs&t=70s

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Relax Or DIE posted:

why won't Mario suckle

how to activate teat

mario milk secret

mario milk safe

mario milk recipes

Don't tell me you don't know about this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uDQ8mTYUHQ

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
One time when I was locked out of my house I tried to focus my thoughts on my n64 to make Mario jump out of the game like that commercial and open the door for me

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

SeXReX posted:

One time when I was locked out of my house I tried to focus my thoughts on my n64 to make Mario jump out of the game like that commercial and open the door for me

Did it work?

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja
I finally got the Lightning War achievement (beat 2 islands in 30 minutes with the Blitzkrieg squad) in Into the Breach. What it took was landing the stupid 1 shot giant bazooka weapon for the dumb useless hookshot mech in the first island. That made that idiot clownwagon capable of a single turn of not sucking in each mission on the second island, and it was enough to power through in record time. Wait for more exciting news about my continuing Into the Breach victories, I like this game a lot although some of the achievements aren't very well thought out I think.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

SeXReX posted:

I think that only works with an iQue Player.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

FirstAidKite posted:

I think that only works with an iQue Player.

Everyone knows the n64 only accepts psychic energy inputs via the extension port on the bottom. The plastic cover is what made me sit outside till mom got home

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Oh didn’t you buy the graphics expansion pack thing? I was able to conjure up Joanna Dark pretty easily with it

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Jay Rust posted:

Oh didn’t you buy the graphics expansion pack thing? I was able to conjure up Joanna Dark pretty easily with it

I'm talking about the one on the bottom for the disc drive, I had dk64

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Hey fellow gamers, I'm suffering from kidney stones (again) and would like suggestions for low-intensity but entertaining games I could play or maybe even stream while I'm recovering. Preferably something that doesn't require rapidly spinning around, I'm getting nauseous very easily. I really don't have any genre preference, my only requirement is "it's fun".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

One time as a preteen I got into big trouble with my parents and sent to bed early, and in my sadness I wished really, really hard that I’d wake up tomorrow in a real-life Pokémon World. And it almost worked