Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

TJPW is so goddamn good at character development that it completely makes up for how basic almost all of the wrestling is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

it would be cool if Goto carried to Momo to the ring. And they did a sweet stereo warrior pose.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/WWEJapan/status/1231077966538399744?s=19

And Momo can't be Stardom's Goto. That's Jungle.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

goto has had multiple singles title reigns tho

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Jungle can't be YOSHI-HASHI, man, come on that's too painful.

Speaking of painful but expected, I've heard confirmation that Meiko is definitely on board with NXT Japan.

I guess it's a day for badly kept secrets to come out

https://twitter.com/ashiken0204/status/1231075882657144834?s=19

GEORGE W BUSHI fucked around with this message at 12:28 on Feb 22, 2020

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
The main event of the TJPW WM Week show in America will be Su Yung vs Yuka Sakazaki for the PoP Championship. The last match they had was a really fun brawl/comedy match

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
https://twitter.com/DramaticDDT/status/1233289193620746250

The solution to TJPW's empty arena show

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Everyone involved is marking out for it on twitter. Eventually Yuka will wake up and be pissed she wasn't in the country

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm looking at all the first round byes and I'm just staring really hard at Kamiyu and wondering who she conned to get that

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

RealFoxy posted:

I'm looking at all the first round byes and I'm just staring really hard at Kamiyu and wondering who she conned to get that

its so we can get maki vs kamiyu semi final because obviously maki is going all the way.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/Liger_NJPW/status/1233348244488384514?s=19

Liger on commentary for NO PEOPLE GATE

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Someone made a recap of the Hyper Misao story in TJPW and it's actually really good, especially if you weren't following all the shows or you're a new viewer. Check it out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTGzdTQ8cow

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

RealFoxy posted:

Someone made a recap of the Hyper Misao story in TJPW and it's actually really good, especially if you weren't following all the shows or you're a new viewer. Check it out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTGzdTQ8cow

This is a fantastic video and you all should watch it

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Go RV! posted:

This is a fantastic video and you all should watch it

Seconded. It's good, Misao is good.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Misao rules. There are two separate 8x10s that Rika sells at shows where Misao is creeping in the background of them.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
I wonder if, where and when Reika Saiki shows up now, considering the Wrestle-1 news

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

What's the Wrestle-1 news?

Didn't she amicably leave TJPW? Maybe she could go back...unless WWE comes calling with a lot of money.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

TV Zombie posted:

What's the Wrestle-1 news?

Didn't she amicably leave TJPW? Maybe she could go back...unless WWE comes calling with a lot of money.
Wrestle-1 is closing completely soon

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

IceAgeComing posted:

I wonder if, where and when Reika Saiki shows up now, considering the Wrestle-1 news

Stardom would be my first guess

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
That’s what I figure as well: although I don’t think you can entirely rule out a TJPW return Stardom would make sense.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Reika speaks pretty good english

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Reika and Ladybeard intergebdervtag league coward tony

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/RISEdtwa/status/1229517895211868161

Current card for the farewell:

Raven's Ash (aka AEW's Mel) vs Su Yung
Priscilla Kelly vs Devon Monroe
Zoe Lucas vs Miranda Alize
Laynie Luck vs Hyan vs Kikyo vs Candy Lee vs Parrow vs Queen Aminata
Rosemary vs Zoey Skye
Saraya Knight vs Effy
Killer Death Machines (Jessicka Havok and Nevaeh) defend the Guardians tag titles one last time in a triple threat elimination match against Team Sea Stars (Ashley Vox and Delmi Exo) and Witch Please (Elayna Black and Hawlee Cromwell)
Big Swole defends the Phoenix title one last time against Kylie Rae

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

For those that aren’t watching AEW, TJPW is about to start up their 1 day tournament show, and it appears to be streaming it on YouTube as well as DDT Universe: https://youtu.be/jD41-Ynz1Jc

EDIT: It was just a preview stream, the rest is here with a DDT Universe sub: https://www.ddtpro.com/universe/videos/8198

NuclearPotato fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Mar 1, 2020

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

TJPW is running another No People Dojo show next week against No People Gate. The Sunday Lunchtime Wars are here

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

TJPW is running another No People Dojo show next week against No People Gate. The Sunday Lunchtime Wars are here
The tournament itself was pretty fun, and nothing beats the ending where Miyu tells everyone if they dance well enough, maybe Koda will buy them all a meal, and then starts dancing like a huge loving dork

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
Watching TJPW now and boy, what a bizarre chaser to Revolution. Great day for fun wrestling though.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

starting to get into women's tag stuff in Japan and I was wondering if anyone has opinions on Medusa Complex? They're fun to watch but I dunno much about their history.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Namba is out of the 3/8 TJPW Dojo show after being hospitalized. She cut her finger while chopping mushrooms and it is related to that. Her tweet on the matter is that it definitely is NOT Corona.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

If this isn't the right thread for this, I apologize, but I wasn't sure where else it would fit.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/kayfabe/kayfabe

Lita, Gail Kim, and Christy Hemme are kickstarting a TV show about women's wrestling inspired by real life stories.

quote:

KAYfABE is a one hour professional wrestling show that is 50 percent story and 50 percent in ring action. It is an edgy, racy, cinematic television series about a female led professional wrestling start up. This show is a dramatization and collection of female stories inspired by real life events.

AND YES, this is still at its core, a wrestling show with world-class, in-ring action!

But, in this unique narrative, we take you behind the curtain, into the locker room and outside of the arena. So what does that even mean? What are you watching? Why are these stories worth a poo poo!?

Because we present them with no filter! You get drama, passion, humor, love, anger, frustration and real life challenges. Plus, we address the 800-pound elephant in the room, and in the current landscape of the world... abuse of power, manipulation, injury, addiction, inequality and the euphoric high of pursing your life’s passion that clouds every drat decision.

Seems pretty interesting to me, and it looks like they've got a solid team behind it. Jimmy Jacobs and Chavo Guerrero are both involved, and there are some notable TV names attached. I hope this gets off the ground and they manage to meet their goal, I'm really interested in it.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I actually really want to see that and it sounds like they've actually put a lot of thought and planning into it. A promotion creatively driven by women with decades of experience in the business dealing with stories and problems women have had to deal with in a cinematic style is a very interesting evolution from what we've seen with Lucha Underground, GLOW, and AEW.

But that Kickstarter aspect seems troubling for it ever to actually happen.

David Sahadi is/was a longtime TNA guy and Alisha Edwards, Kim, and Jacobs were all there last I checked. I imagine if they're going Kickstarter no one is throwing them anything but I imagine there's somedegree of wrestler/creative association there.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I hope it works out for them and they get to make at least some of it

22k raised in a little under 90 minutes is an encouraging start at least

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
It is a tiny bit suspicious that they have 2 backers at the $10k level but more power to them if it really is just some money marks rather than someone already involved with it putting in money to make it look better.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I've sworn off kickstarter since nearly everything I ever backed went into dev hell and never came out.

The only thing I ever successfully backed on Kickstarter was Nigel's Documentary.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

MrBling posted:

It is a tiny bit suspicious that they have 2 backers at the $10k level but more power to them if it really is just some money marks rather than someone already involved with it putting in money to make it look better.
Every successful Kickstarter I’ve been privy to the inner workings of (non-physical goods, mainly for theater spaces) has had high rolling donors lined up already to seed the launch or act as matching backers to encourage other donors.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

kagetsu's retirement show aired and @b3rt4 helpfully put it up on his drive. it's a samurai tv show and not on stardom world or any other streaming service.

https://twitter.com/b3rt4/status/1234866163043176450?s=20

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Unless Kagetsu has a husband somewhere she's trying to start a family with, I expect her retirement to last less than two full calendar years at worst. Realistically, I see her either joining a smaller indie within 8 months, joining NXT Japan, or working with a company like DDT/TJPW, AEW, Impact, or ROH.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

RealFoxy posted:

Unless Kagetsu has a husband somewhere she's trying to start a family with, I expect her retirement to last less than two full calendar years at worst. Realistically, I see her either joining a smaller indie within 8 months, joining NXT Japan, or working with a company like DDT/TJPW, AEW, Impact, or ROH.

Isn't her neck hosed?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

RealFoxy posted:

I don’t know her personal situation and this maybe entirely baseless but I’m gonna hazard a guess that it’s not a husband.

I’m more certain she’s not gonna wrestle for a while. If at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Gaz-L posted:

Isn't her neck hosed?
Isn't Daniel Bryan's? Or Sheamus? Or Edge? If she gets good rest she can still pump out a couple good matches while she's still under 30. I don't know the full gravity of her situation either and I know she tried to retire before, but there's that :tinfoil: theory around that Bushi Road is the one that pushed her into retirement.