Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which Nintendo character would you like to see in the next Soul Calibur game?
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 99 8.48%
Other 53 4.54%
jenna got milked 1015 86.98%
Total: 1167 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Convex posted:

I watched that exact video yesterday and she seems like a decent presenter, I guess some people just hate women

That's a good guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Infinitum posted:

I am not liking Uncharted 1? The shooting is 100% not great and the lack of ammo is frustrating. Enemies seem to just pop out at random, and they're not highlighted well against the backdrops.

I will say I'm usually used to KB/M shooting, bit this feels particularly crappy and I don't think there's even aim assist.

Not sure if I should just skip to 2

imo the first game's back half is not nearly as strong as the beginning and if you're not vibing with it it's okay to move onto 2. Uncharted 1 wraps up in a nice little self-contained bow so you're not missing any plot threads. However I will say that the games bank very hard (emotionally at least) on you having played through them, especially as the series gets closer to the end, so you may want to stick with it just for the characterization if that's your thing.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Imagine giving this much of a gently caress about who plays or talks about games. Gamers, please stop, you don't have the best of public profiles to begin with.

https://twitter.com/AoifeLockhart/status/1233307236790931456?s=20

Also what is 'European feminism' and does it differ from that of feminism worldwide?

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but you could purge all video games and gamers from existence and youtube comments would still remain unreadable garbage.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

VideoGames posted:

I did not like uncharted 1, and have yet to start 2 because of it. I would say skip and get onto what people call the good ones!

Yeah that's what I'm thinking. UC1 feels very prototype-y with a lot of just moving to 1 box after the other with some climbing splashed in.

I'll get it another hour tomorrow to see if it takes me, if not I'll watch a summary on YouTube and skip to 2.

Sorry bout your spine VG. Thankfully we both live in countries where medical expenses aren't gonna bankrupt us :v:
Heard today a test for the Corona Virus costs Americans like close to $4k USD. Wasn't sure if its bullshit, but it def sounds like a country without a healthcare system.

Having 6 teeth out, including all my wisdom teeth, cost around $1.5k USD, and I think I get like $500 - $750 of that back and I don't have private health insurance.
Public healthcare systems rule.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Infinitum posted:

Yeah that's what I'm thinking. UC1 feels very prototype-y with a lot of just moving to 1 box after the other with some climbing splashed in.

I'll get it another hour tomorrow to see if it takes me, if not I'll watch a summary on YouTube and skip to 2.

Sorry bout your spine VG. Thankfully we both live in countries where medical expenses aren't gonna bankrupt us :v:
Heard today a test for the Corona Virus costs Americans like close to $4k USD. Wasn't sure if its bullshit, but it def sounds like a country without a healthcare system.

Having 6 teeth out, including all my wisdom teeth, cost around $1.5k USD, and I think I get like $500 - $750 of that back and I don't have private health insurance.
Public healthcare systems rule.

Thank you! I am sure it will be fine and fixed soon enough. It is actually a relief to know what the problem is. I thought maybe I was sleeping incorrectly, or there was potentially something more nefarious! Knowing that a couple of my verts are trying to escape makes things easier to solve :)

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
Uncharted 1 is not actually that good

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Uncharted 1 was cool at the time but I can't imagine it's held up well. It's missing a lot of the grobetrotting magic the rest of the series has too because it's all set in one location.

2 and 4 are brilliant games. The Lost Legacy's really good too. 3's probably the low point but still worth playing through.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Yeah if thread consensus is skip UC1, imma skip UC1.
I haven't been particularly enjoying it, and I really need an 'escapism' level game while I'm recovering so I can 100% focus on something else.

Hell I might reprioritise my backlog and play Horizon Zero Dawn or Witcher 3

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
ok I finished watching pokemon and dried all the tears
unless I'm forgetting something the boat ride is literally the only thing that isn't essentially shot for shot here they did this just to piss me off. The song isn't playing in the battle either I wonder if that was a licensing thing or an artistic thing.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I love GDQ but the amount of toxicity surrounding discussion of the VODs makes me so sad

I know it's just standard altright bullshit about trans and women and stuff but it's so exhausting

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
One of the great things about the internet is that it allows anyone, anywhere in the world to have their say in any discussion they want.

Unfortunately, one of the not so great things about the internet is also that it allows anyone, anywhere in the world to have their say in any discussion they want.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Kanfy posted:

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but you could purge all video games and gamers from existence and youtube comments would still remain unreadable garbage.

we shouldn't make such wild claims without testing them

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Watched uncut gems, it was ok, hated the soundtrack though

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Kanfy posted:

There's unreadable garbage and there's being a misogynist because you're a pathetic little loser... I don't mind the dumb arguments about stuff like Star Wars or Marvel movies but this kinda poo poo is just a little bit more concerning.

Hwurmp posted:

we shouldn't make such wild claims without testing them

Also this

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Olympic Mathlete posted:

There's unreadable garbage and there's being a misogynist because you're a pathetic little loser... I don't mind the dumb arguments about stuff like Star Wars or Marvel movies but this kinda poo poo is just a little bit more concerning.

Yeah definitely no misogynist garbage in star wars or marvel related comments

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

SeXReX posted:

ok I finished watching pokemon and dried all the tears
unless I'm forgetting something the boat ride is literally the only thing that isn't essentially shot for shot here they did this just to piss me off. The song isn't playing in the battle either I wonder if that was a licensing thing or an artistic thing.

is the soundtrack still all 90s pop??

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
So between the last time I tried playing FF xv and now I started using Bluetooth for my controller and now it doesn't get the stupid slowdown bug with the button prompts and it's actually recognising that it's kind of a switch controller and using those style button prompts instead of Xbox ones, video games I swear

Looper posted:

is the soundtrack still all 90s pop??

All the licensed music is gone it's like watching those cursed Daria reruns where they had to pull the music because the terms of the license agreement was that they could use any song as long as my kept the video in rotation.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Skip UC1 if you aren't feeling it. Even at the time it came out people were like "oh yeah, the back half is bad". UC2 is much better and 3 is, uh, maybe just skip straight to 4 after you play 2 so you don't burn out on them.

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Also what is 'European feminism' and does it differ from that of feminism worldwide?

Its highest difficulty feminism. You can't get spotted or kill anyone but if you beat life doing it you get the title "Boss"

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

SeXReX posted:

All the licensed music is gone it's like watching those cursed Daria reruns where they had to pull the music because the terms of the license agreement was that they could use any song as long as my kept the video in rotation.

what the heck is even the ding dang point then

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Olympic Mathlete posted:

It's metric feminism.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

CJacobs posted:

One of the great things about the internet is that it allows anyone, anywhere in the world to have their say in any discussion they want.

Unfortunately, one of the not so great things about the internet is also that it allows anyone, anywhere in the world to have their say in any discussion they want.

Yep. Basically the crazy freedom of the internet (allowing for things like troll farms or mentally ill people with way too much time on their hands to have a lot more sway in shaping online discourse than they should) combined with the crazy freedom in America wrt the First Amendment is a perfect storm that's overwhelmingly likely to completely destroy democracy in the US.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Aoife Wilson is cool, I like the LPs she did of Life is Strange with Johnny from Eurogamer. My only complaint is that her parents didn't go for the quintfecta and name her Aouife.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

My fave take is that normal people aren't allowed to like Marvel or Game of Thrones because the weren't bullied as a child so they didn't earn it.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Pwnstar posted:

My fave take is that normal people aren't allowed to like Marvel or Game of Thrones because the weren't bullied as a child so they didn't earn it.

Just get the theater usher to give everyone a wedgie on their way in.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I liked UC1 and didn't really feel it was that much worse than the later games, at least the version in the PS4 collection, but the later games are definitely better.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

univbee posted:

Just get the theater usher to give everyone a wedgie on their way in.

In my experience as an usher they're already touching too much movie viewers dirty underwear, please don't make them touch more.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Jay Rust posted:

Plz play hearts of iron 4 and make Canada and the US communist, ty!!

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Infinitum posted:

Yeah if thread consensus is skip UC1, imma skip UC1.
I haven't been particularly enjoying it, and I really need an 'escapism' level game while I'm recovering so I can 100% focus on something else.

Hell I might reprioritise my backlog and play Horizon Zero Dawn or Witcher 3

If you do skip UC1, at least watch the speedrun of it from one of the previous GDQs. I forget which GDQ it showed up at but I remember a bunch of people were like "oh great, a speedrun of UC1, that's gonna be totally fun and exciting :rolleyes:" and then the guy starts walking through walls and launching himself into the sky

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

It's the 3-year anniversary of Horizon Zero Dawn and the PC version was just listed on Amazon a day ago so I wonder if we'll get an official port announcement today.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

univbee posted:

Yep. Basically the crazy freedom of the internet (allowing for things like troll farms or mentally ill people with way too much time on their hands to have a lot more sway in shaping online discourse than they should) combined with the crazy freedom in America wrt the First Amendment is a perfect storm that's overwhelmingly likely to completely destroy democracy in the US.

being a weirdo right winger who hates women isnt mental illness its normalised behavior due to patriarchy

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1So82y91Yw

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Stux posted:

being a weirdo right winger who hates women isnt mental illness its normalised behavior due to patriarchy

True.

The American government and social systems being massively racist while pretending they aren't is also an extra nice touch.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
Everyone saying 1 doesn’t hold up is crazy to me but I’m the crazy one I guess. I liked that there’s a little platforming and the mixes of combat and it felt very tightly designed.

I’m playing Uncharted 4 now and honestly I think it’s the worst one I’ve played. They added in a billion collectables compared to the first 3, made some chapters with big open world segments (I hate open world stuff) with vehicles that drive like hot garbage, and I’m tired of everytime I get into a fight where the enemy spots me I never have a safe zone where the first 3 games always seemed to have a clear indication of where guys would spawn from and if you noticed them coming you had decent safe zones. Uncharted 4 took all the worst aspects of modern game design and slapped them together in a super bad way.

It looks amazing, sure. One of best looking games out there. I’d play first one over 4 any day.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

:thunk:

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Was extra-fun when this happened to some rarer Wii games that Gamestop happened to have a lot of so they turned all their "new" copies into "used" ones.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

I've always dreamed about making it rich doing Gamestop arbitrage

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://twitter.com/communalsauce/status/1233301033012477960

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Imagine giving this much of a gently caress about who plays or talks about games. Gamers, please stop, you don't have the best of public profiles to begin with.

https://twitter.com/AoifeLockhart/status/1233307236790931456?s=20

It's higher difficulty but I don't remember how, I think the mras are more alert

e: Argh drat you Barudak

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

This year the party must be absolutely off the chain!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
hbd gamemaster anthony