Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I just declined flying to a work event in Barcelona. Not super eager to get packed with tons of people rn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

In the airport on my way to Tokyo lmao

So far only one prebooked venue has refunded my ticket, Teamlab Borderless. I just hope Skytree stays open for a few more days.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Picnic Princess posted:

Teamlab Borderless

Can I request a name change for another user

Mourne
Sep 1, 2004

by Athanatos
I am alert but not anxious.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
https://twitter.com/Dali_Yang/status/1233083885455650816

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

https://twitter.com/vicjkim/status/1233223638993653760

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
making GBS threads myself but with firm, unyielding stool and a powerful pair of underpants. God bless.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1712qm0iuVY

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

What's a spuntum sunction and can I request it from a prostitute ?

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Pretty sure it was just a joke

Yea, I know, Space Goat Farts.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
Septum suction machine would be a great band name

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
So the mailman just handed me a package for my office colleague. Dispatched in Wuhan...
not joking.

I furiously washed my hands just in case....

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

unpacked robinhood posted:

What's a spuntum sunction and can I request it from a prostitute ?

it means instead of blowing into your lungs they suck out your lungs

pixelizedpope
Jul 11, 2006
Good news about sputum suction machines is that virtually every room in a standard hospital is equipped with one... so hooray?

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

pixelizedpope posted:

Good news about sputum suction machines is that virtually every room in a standard hospital is equipped with one... so hooray?

Here, I found one designed for you:

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Nurge posted:

Here, I found one designed for you:

"Bougie Bulb" ?

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
Can you construct your own sputum auction machine out of PVC pipe? Are they for sale on Amazon?

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

This is unfortunate but not surprising given that healthcare is often very expensive and unavailable in LDC's, hopefully Canada can once again come to the rescue and provide some relief through our citizen's tax dollars

pixelizedpope
Jul 11, 2006

Delthalaz posted:

Can you construct your own sputum auction machine out of PVC pipe? Are they for sale on Amazon?

A series of bendy straws would allow you to get way deep into the lungs and would work better

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

First the Lord sends a plague to kill the bearded infidels, and then it turns out that the only cure is to be sucked off, constantly. If this hasn't convinced you that God is real I don't know what will.

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy

Lambert posted:

Statistically, this means the rest of us have a higher chance of surviving. Thanks for your service!

Every additional person who gets infected increases your chance of catching the virus.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

I hate this planet. The stock is red today AGAIN

I can't make any money when people are panicking. Sigh

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017

Just give me the coronavirus! I've had the flu before it wasnt really a big deal. Lets get this over with

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Btc usually goes up when other markets are in turmoil but even it's down a little. Truly, these are the end times, inshallah

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i came here to chew bubblegum and suck sputum and i'm all out of gum

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

I'm less worried about the virus and more worried about everyone getting silly and clearing out all the supermarkets panic buying all the food and essentials

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Chrs posted:

I'm less worried about the virus and more worried about everyone getting silly and clearing out all the supermarkets panic buying all the food and essentials

And yet this is the one problem you can totally nullify with a modicum of preparation

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Looking forward to seeing self-righteous US soccer moms getting teargassed and beanbagged for breaking quarantine because rules don't apply to them.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

lol at everyone trying to be calm and collected in this thread. useless anxiety is where it’s at, losers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbTxfN8d2CI

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Yeah call me when the sacrifices start in Times Square pssshhh

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

Confirmed case in Amsterdam, which is about thirty kilometers from where we live. I went to the store and got some supplies of stuff I'd really miss if there is a major disruption, like coffee and paracetamols and cooking oil. I usually have lots of food in the house anyway, at least a weeks worth, and if it comes down to it I can bake our own bread even. My husband thinks I'm over reacting, but this country is rear end to elbows with people, and with a toddler in the house I'd rather have an overabundance of caution.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Professor Shark posted:

Yeah call me when the sacrifices start in Times Square pssshhh

And don't come in here with that hecatomb poo poo. Human or nothing

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Ralph Crammed In posted:

Confirmed case in Amsterdam, which is about thirty kilometers from where we live. I went to the store and got some supplies of stuff I'd really miss if there is a major disruption, like coffee and paracetamols and cooking oil. I usually have lots of food in the house anyway, at least a weeks worth, and if it comes down to it I can bake our own bread even. My husband thinks I'm over reacting, but this country is rear end to elbows with people, and with a toddler in the house I'd rather have an overabundance of caution.

Toddlers are fine. You may be hosed, but almost surely not. Old peeps deffo mostly hosed

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

bob dobbs is dead posted:

Toddlers are fine. You may be hosed, but almost surely not. Old peeps deffo mostly hosed

Toddlers are fine but they are small incubators so child care structures will be amongst the first place to close so it's always good to be prepared for having to keep them home for weeks.

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Toddlers are fine but they are small incubators so child care structures will be amongst the first place to close so it's always good to be prepared for having to keep them home for weeks.

I'm a stay at home mom so my life is basically already quarantined but I would not want to deal with finding childcare for a toddler during an epidemic. My inlaws all have their kids in daycare, as do our neighbors, and I can't imagine the chaos if the kids have to stay at home but the parents still have to work. My sister in law is an ER nurse too, so she's going to be on extra duty.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
And that's if your toddler doesnt kill you because he ate infected toys

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Fartbox posted:

Just give me the coronavirus! I've had the flu before it wasnt really a big deal. Lets get this over with

the thing is, you can get it again, so there's no real "over it"

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Now’s a good time to perfect those bread and soup recipes

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017

Nah my body eats flu for breakfast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

Necrothatcher posted:

I like that the reassuring response is, "chill out, not EVERYONE you love will die. Just, like, some of them."
No, everyone you love will die.

I mean, eventually. And not from coronavirus.