Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy
Why would you base it off of a loving DeLorean though...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grakkus
Sep 4, 2011

That's just a Maserati Shamal but tackier

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Grakkus posted:

Wow, so this makes it EVEN BETTER because Will I Am is well known for stealing other people's music and passing it off as his own... :lol:

Dielectric
May 3, 2010
I've never seen panel gaps used as a design feature. That's one way to leverage Italian build quality, I guess.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Dielectric posted:

I've never seen panel gaps used as a design feature. That's one way to leverage Italian build quality, I guess.

Well if you build a car in tents...

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Olympic Mathlete posted:

It's poo poo because it's too busy but I will say the rear light setup is pretty hard.

The rear light setup is almost literally just "3rd gen Trans Am"

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
The Shamal and it’s variants are cool.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

If you drive an expensive car you're probably a jerk, scientists say

quote:

The science is looking pretty unanimous on this one: Drivers of expensive cars are the worst.
A new study has found that drivers of flashy vehicles are less likely to stop and allow pedestrians to cross the road -- with the likelihood they'll slow down decreasing by 3% for every extra $1,000 that their vehicle is worth.

Researchers from the University of Nevada, Las Vegas speculated that the expensive car owners "felt a sense of superiority over other road users" and were less able to empathize with lowly sidewalk-dwellers.
"The answers were unambiguous: self-centred men who are argumentative, stubborn, disagreeable and unempathetic are much more likely to own a high-status car such as an Audi, BMW or Mercedes," the press release states.

It's science! :science:

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
I bought a BMW and feel like part of the bourgeois as a result. I've been tipping more and trying to be consciously nicer to assuage that guilt.

It's totally going to get burned down during a class war.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Grakkus posted:

The tilted rear fender well looks like a bad photoshop

Grakkus
Sep 4, 2011

Hey, don't shittalk the Shamal. Twin turbo V8 with a 6 speed getrag and lsd, in the 90s, was some serious poo poo. Oh, and a vagina clock of course

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Grakkus posted:

Hey, don't shittalk the Shamal. Twin turbo V8 with a 6 speed getrag and lsd, in the 90s, was some serious poo poo. Oh, and a vagina clock of course

It also makes, shall we say, quite a sound. Driving from the Frankfurt airport nach Hause with my dad in his little supercharged Polo E, that weird-rear end thing stops beside us at a light, rattling our mirrors. Dad had a quick chat with the dude driving, custom exhaust and a tune. Rrrrr-aoooowwww, rur, rur, rur, rur.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

quote:

with the likelihood they'll slow down decreasing by 3% for every extra $1,000 that their vehicle is worth.

So if your car is worth over $100k, your chance of slowing down is -200%?

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

KillHour posted:

Minus negative speed is speeding up, yes. Source: I live in a city that has a median household income of 50k USD and also has a McLaren dealership.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

KillHour posted:

The terrible math is coming from inside the thread!

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
The mid-90s Ghibli was the best version of the "tarted up Bi Turbo" motif.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat
How have I never heard of the Shamal before? It looks like a Delta and a fox body had a baby. I’m sure it’s bigger than a Delta but I can’t help picturing it as hatchback sized

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Joke's on them. I drive terrible and my car is a huge pile of poo poo.

Sipher
Jan 14, 2008
Cryptic
My neighbor owns this. I've never seen it move, but sometimes it has a cover on it, and sometimes it does not.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

That's loving cool

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Sipher posted:

My neighbor owns this. I've never seen it move, but sometimes it has a cover on it, and sometimes it does not.

Wrong thread

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

^^ this, this and a whole lot more this. That Vette truck owns.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
i only accept that its cool if he hauls stuff in it

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

i only accept that its cool if he hauls stuff in it
"rear end" is "stuff"

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Krakkles posted:

"rear end" is "stuff"

:perfect:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Krakkles posted:

"rear end" is "stuff"

:trumppop:

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

It's even cooler that they've never seen it running

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!
What does the bed look like? Can you get another closer photo of it? Does the gas tank bulge into the bed, or is the bed fairly flat?

I guess you don't have much sticking up around the wheel wells because of the leaf spring, although I assume it still has shock absorbers in the wheel well.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Don't Corvettes of that era have a transaxle?

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

No that wasn't until the next generation

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Ferrari sucks, man.

https://driving.ca/ferrari/auto-news/news/ferrari-allegedly-sends-cease-and-desist-to-many-who-rotary-swapped-456

quote:

A New Zealand man says he’s been issued a cease-and-desist order from Ferrari for modifying his 456 GT in a way the Italian brand does not agree with.

Reuben Bemrose spent two weeks of his time and $13,000 of his own money to turn his Ferrari 456 GT into a subject of much polarization.

Bemrose picked up the Italian stallion for a song, because it had been sitting in a field for six years after suffering a crash.

The crash saw the front of the vehicle ruined, as well as the beautiful V12 under the hood. Instead of sourcing a new, very expensive V12 and rebuilding it the way Ferrari intended, Benrose instead decided to install a “Kiwi engine,” a.k.a. a Wankel rotary engine from a Mazda.

“We thought it would be funny,” Bemrose said, and while most of the internet agrees the build is awesome, Ferrari certainly does not.

The Italian marque’s served Bemrose a cease-and-desist order, he says, because Ferrari will send a cease-and-desist order if you so much as make Ferrari-badged latte art, basically. However, Benrose isn’t too worried about them coming after him with litigation.

“Obviously, they are quite protective of their image and their brand, which I completely understand,” he explains. “I’ve just taken their iconic V12 out of it and put an iconic New Zealand motor in it.”

“Dear Ferrari, I’m so very sorry, I didn’t mean to belittle your brand. Can’t you see I just want to be friends?”

Do Ferrari not understand that when you sell a product it becomes the property of the person who bought it? Dude didn't sign any contracts, dickheads.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Weren't they one of the few companies who also deny owners to post track times, like ever? IIRC Clarkson-time Top Gear always joked about that they are not allowed to post Ferrari track times, and once a private person gave them his Ferrari to time it, Ferrari threatened the owner that he will never again get another Ferrari if they go through with it. Pretty pathetic.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
ferrari sucks but you know exactly the nature of their suckitude when you buy a car from them

however, as the second owner of a crashed one, i don't think ferrari has much of a case

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

If you ignore the C&D, they'll (allegedly) ramp it up to hiring hitmen so maybe think about that too.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

xzzy posted:

If you ignore the C&D, they'll (allegedly) ramp it up to hiring hitmen so maybe think about that too.

What?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

There was rumors in the 90's about a guy in europe that was making Ferrari replicas and when he ignored their demands to stop it, he wound up dead.

I think I read it in Car and Driver but have been unable to find any hard evidence with the power of the internet!

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Oh yeah, I think that was overblown that everything could be duplicated/counterfeited type poo poo in Russia or something.

The one that gave me most laughs was having to order another fcar to get in line to order an 812.

Sipher
Jan 14, 2008
Cryptic

MetaJew posted:

What does the bed look like? Can you get another closer photo of it? Does the gas tank bulge into the bed, or is the bed fairly flat?

I guess you don't have much sticking up around the wheel wells because of the leaf spring, although I assume it still has shock absorbers in the wheel well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

It's actually really well done, definitely 110% wrong thread.