Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Twenty Four posted:

Stargate also has one of the few TV theme songs that give me nostalgic chills and still gets me excited when I hear it now.

I've been re-watching SG-1 and while it largely holds up, it still suffers from the problem of way too many clip show episodes and weird guest star choices like the episode where the whole team gets an extra annoying version of Dom DeLuise implanted in their brains.

Also the late 90s "Every planet is a forest outside of Vancouver" thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lt. Danger
Dec 22, 2006

jolly good chaps we sure showed the hun

Squizzle posted:

rygel should kiss and hug asgard rygel

you're not just fahrbot, you're magra-fahrbot!

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
There's a line in one episode where Rygel says "I'm nobody's puppet!"

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Lt. Danger posted:

you're not just fahrbot, you're magra-fahrbot!

rude

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Twenty Four posted:

Came here to post this. Having Ben Browder right there on hand and using him to play Stark instead of Crichton totally got me when I first saw it, and still does.

Stargate also has one of the few TV theme songs that give me nostalgic chills and still gets me excited when I hear it now.

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

I've been re-watching SG-1 and while it largely holds up, it still suffers from the problem of way too many clip show episodes and weird guest star choices like the episode where the whole team gets an extra annoying version of Dom DeLuise implanted in their brains.

Also the late 90s "Every planet is a forest outside of Vancouver" thing.

I meant to say Farscape's theme song but i was quoting the Farscape Stargate crossover video and I guess the wires got crossed in my brain and I am a huge idiot. I can't even think of the Stargate theme song off the top of my head but the Farscape one is really good.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Twenty Four posted:

I meant to say Farscape's theme song but i was quoting the Farscape Stargate crossover video and I guess the wires got crossed in my brain and I am a huge idiot. I can't even think of the Stargate theme song off the top of my head but the Farscape one is really good.

Radiation wave

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

The chorus in harmonic minor or whatever at the end changes between seasons 2 and 3 i think, around the same time John switches from saying "help help I'm lost" to "I'm kind of a legend now, not even sure if it's safe to go home oh well"

Lt. Danger
Dec 22, 2006

Can we trust you, Rygel?

Lt. Danger
Dec 22, 2006

Can we trust Rygel?

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Are you kidding, I'm the dominar of over twelve billion subjects, of course you can't trust me

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

i have NEVER recreated w a goon. nor will i

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Fury Road has a couple of Farscape alums in it. The guy who played Grunschlick played Immortan Joe, and Noranti's actress played Furiosa's elder teacher lady.

I want to see Wayne Pygram play a Cardassian.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Kesper North posted:

Fury Road has a couple of Farscape alums in it. The guy who played Grunschlick played Immortan Joe, and Noranti's actress played Furiosa's elder teacher lady.

I want to see Wayne Pygram play a Cardassian.

Grunschlick was a Mad Max alum before he was a Farscape actor. He played Toecutter in the first film. Also isn't Zaan Warrior Woman?

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

Grunschlick was a Mad Max alum before he was a Farscape actor. He played Toecutter in the first film. Also isn't Zaan Warrior Woman?

:eyepop:

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
I might be misremembering, but I think the Feral Child also shows up in an episode?

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Horny ith prohibited.

Oh wait, no it's not, this is Farscape.

Lt. Danger
Dec 22, 2006

She gives me a woody.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I was thinking about watching show the other day. It used to be on Netflix but now it's not on Netflix and that's BULLSHIT!!!!

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
It’s on Amazon Prime, in the US anyhow

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I don't have Amazon Prime! Frell you!

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Close your eyes and imagine a bunch of aliens and one lost human tripping balls because of some kind of weird space poo poo, maybe that will scratch the itch a little for you

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

alnilam posted:

Close your eyes and imagine a bunch of aliens and one lost human tripping balls because of some kind of weird space poo poo, maybe that will scratch the itch a little for you

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Wonder what ol lani up to these days

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Hope he stopped beating himself up about his brother

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

alnilam posted:

IIRC he was a theater guy at heart. Probably back to that I'd imagine.

Come to think of it, who had the biggest post-Farscape career out of the cast? Claudia Black got some good roles but is mostly VA now from what I can tell. Browder got that cameo in GotG2 (which practically had a Farscape plot!) but I don't think he's been too busy.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

rygel

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

rest in peace :(

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Agronox posted:

IIRC he was a theater guy at heart. Probably back to that I'd imagine.

Looks like he still gets a guest role on Australian TV at least once a year or so, according to his wikipedia page. Better than Browder does!

Elrond Hubbard
Mar 30, 2007

To ERH
*everyone applauds*
lani does the voiceovers on SBS in Australia

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Elrond Hubbard posted:

lani does the voiceovers on SBS in Australia

Does he say "previously, on SBS"

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

im glad the sebacean broadcasting service has found a good announcer

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Squizzle posted:

im glad the sebacean broadcasting service has found a good announcer

i bet it was hard to find one that can survive australian summers

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Kesper North posted:

i bet it was hard to find one that can survive australian summers

They all wear the scorpy s&m suits in the summer

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

alnilam posted:

They all wear the scorpy s&m suits in the summer

oh my god had that been an option when i was digging ditches in Northern Territory in 45c heat

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

alnilam posted:

he made a surprise appearance in Preacher where he immediately climbed in a box and exploded.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Saint Drogo posted:

he made a surprise appearance in Preacher where he immediately climbed in a box and exploded.

don't suppose there was any sort of uhhhh... starburst effect involved?

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
because i make risky decisions
from a position of
unreasonable self-confidence
re-watching farscape and i don't know how people recommend skipping the first season.

just watched the ep where Moya gets split through four dimensions after crashing into a creature during starburst and it was incredible. Ben Browder and Claudia Black pantomiming at each other for an entire scene is excellent.

Rockstar Massacre fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Mar 28, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Utgardaloki posted:

re-watching farscape and i don't know how people reccomend skipping the first season.

Agreed. It’s choppy but there are some great episodes in there. Nerve is a top 5 for sure