Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Tifa
Aerith
Aeris
View Results

Luxury Tent Carpet
Feb 13, 2005

I hunted the Orphan of Kos and all I got was this stupid t-shirt

there’s even a tasteful patch to the original

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Luxury Tent Carpet posted:

:five:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

:golfclap:

I hope Palmer gets hit by another truck Butterfinger after he launches everyone into space.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
apparently one of the crap sequels has rufus survive his unambiguous death scene. really hope that does not make it into this one.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Feb 28, 2020

Luxury Tent Carpet
Feb 13, 2005

man, as much as I love the original game I’ve never been interested in any of the sequels or spin offs and the more I hear about them the more correct I feel I am to just continue ignoring that poo poo

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
The only FF7 related purchase I made after FF7 was Ehrgeiz, which i'll admit i kind of enjoyed.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Advent Children has its moments and Crisis Core is a pretty decent game, forever trapped as a physical only PSP game.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

No Wave posted:

apparently one of the crap sequels has rufus survive his unambiguous death scene. really hope that does not make it into this one.

The way it was done is kind of funny. Rufus calls Cloud out to the middle of nowhere to have a conversation, which basically goes along the lines of

"Rufus Shinra?"
"You're probably surprised to see me alive."
"What do you want?"
"The story of how I survived is actually quite compelling."
"Why did you call me out here?"
"You see, it all started whe-"
"Yeah, I don't care. I'm leaving."

And then no explanation is given. :allears:

man, as much as I love the original game I’ve never been interested in any of the sequels or spin offs and the more I hear about them the more correct I feel I am to just continue ignoring that poo poo

Advent Children is pretty dumb, but it's at least watchable with a handful of good moments. Crisis Core is also decent, if you ignore all of the poo poo with Genesis and the ending being overexaggerated significantly compared to the original scene from VII.

Also, apparently the canon explanation for how Rufus survived is "emergency evacuation trap door", which sounds stupid because I'm pretty sure Diamond Weapon blew up the top half of the Shinra Building while Rufus was shown still in his office.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Feb 28, 2020

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Advent Children made me wanna proper adventure/action game where you play as Cloud and use his Bloodborne-esque trick sword that you could change mid-combo.

Luxury Tent Carpet
Feb 13, 2005

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Also, apparently the canon explanation for how Rufus survived is "emergency evacuation trap door", which sounds stupid because I'm pretty sure Diamond Weapon blew up the top half of the Shinra Building while Rufus was shown still in his office.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZBFBB2-W6Q&t=226s

if you watch carefully he doesn't a trap door anyway, he just kinda phases out of there

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.
He clearly just used Exit materia. You know, the magic spell that exists that you probably never once used.

Luxury Tent Carpet
Feb 13, 2005

Master Twig posted:

He clearly just used Exit materia. You know, the magic spell that exists that you probably never once used.

honestly that's much better than 'a secret hatch'

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Master Twig posted:

I'd believe it.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Considering hes not actually hurt or scarred yeah he probably used exit. Why he was playing the frail and wounded/covered for the first half, who the gently caress knows.

Also the best AC moment is Rude’s sunglasses breaking and him immediately pulling out a new pair.

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Feb 28, 2020

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I mean Tifa probably punched him in the face a lot back when they were enemies. He probably liked that, actually.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Rude is a professional, and that means being able to take care of the uniform. If that means 99 pairs of sunglasses in his inventory, so be it.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

I like how the Turks are basically characters from a Yakuza game.

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy
I wonder if the Turks will still be leaned on for comedy value.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

what a beautiful thing to wake up to

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Sneak Lemming posted:

Luxury Tent Carpet
Feb 13, 2005

I hope they keep the little things like Rude not attacking Tifa because he loves her

DO IT TO IT posted:

I like how the Turks are basically characters from a Yakuza game.

I’m treating yakuza 7 as the Turks game we never got

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

The Extended Universe poo poo is just that: poo poo. The semi-exceptions have been posted, so beyond that, you're doing the right thing by ignoring it.

Although, I've not heard a verdict about the Japan only cell phone game where you play as a member of the Turks…

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Sneak Lemming posted:

https://i.imgur.com/viNNbna.mp4

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
In my head canon Aeris is doing the Anakin vs Obi-Wan thing.

Luxury Tent Carpet
Feb 13, 2005

:lmao:

Aeris looks into it!

10/10 GOTY

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Aeris doing the starwars kid moves.

Luxury Tent Carpet
Feb 13, 2005

https://i.imgur.com/X4TdHYi.mp4

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I hope they keep the little things like Rude not attacking Tifa because he loves her

Rude will never hurl Barret at her.

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

Do it again

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Considering hes not actually hurt or scarred yeah he probably used exit. Why he was playing the frail and wounded/covered for the first half, who the gently caress knows.

He was playing up his Geostigma to trick Kadaj, I think. And he was just practicing with Cloud, I guess.

Strong Convections
May 8, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZBFBB2-W6Q&t=226s

if you watch carefully he doesn't a trap door anyway, he just kinda phases out of there

Nah, he's reflected on his shiny, shiny desk - you see him knocked back after he gets hit by the fireball (it's only a couple of frames).

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
https://twitter.com/raikou_ff/status/1233957007197011968

Luxury Tent Carpet
Feb 13, 2005

This is 100% more in keeping with Aeris character in the original than anything that’s gonna be in the remake

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i always liked aerith's boots

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

This is 100% more in keeping with Aeris character in the original than anything that’s gonna be in the remake

Yeah she's supposed to be kind of a trashy tomboy, in a good way

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Excellent.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

People have weird reads on Aerith's character if they think 'smoking while holding a gun' is more accurate than what we've seen of her in the remake so far.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

the only reason aeris isn't packing heat in the original is because materia exists and she can just set you on fire

she's absolutely the type to have a smoke break before going out to smell flowers though

Luxury Tent Carpet
Feb 13, 2005

Kith posted:

the only reason aeris isn't packing heat in the original is because materia exists and she can just set you on fire

she's absolutely the type to have a smoke break before going out to smell flowers though

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
AERIS: hay cloud
CLOUD: sup babe
AERIS: its time for a smoke break
TIFA: didn't we just smoke a joint like two screens ago
AERIS: exactly
CLOUD: lol