Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
the movie makes it out to be an accident but in reality they executed him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

RBC posted:

just going to point out they could easily rent a 2-3 bedroom apartment basically anywhere in toronto for that much money

you aren't wrong but a 2 bedroom in Pickering near the GO station was like $2k a month lmao

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

MonsieurChoc posted:

I'm honestly coming around on the FLQ. Have you read their manifesto? These guys were marxists.

68ers didn't go far enough.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Another Bill posted:

My history is foggy, didn't he suffocate in the trunk by accident like some Coen brothers movie victim?

Oh is that what the tragically hip song is about

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Virtual Russian posted:

68ers didn't go far enough.

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

Arivia posted:

Oh is that what the tragically hip song is about

At least 4 of their big hits are about strange murder cases

So yes

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
:kingsley:

Harold Stassen has issued a correction as of 04:50 on Jun 20, 2021

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

MonsieurChoc posted:

I'm honestly coming around on the FLQ. Have you read their manifesto? These guys were marxists.

"Nègres blancs d'Amérique" is certainly a spicy hot take compared to the otherwise pretty tepid takes that make up the history of 20th century Canadian books and media

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
oh no someone spraypainted the rcmp hq and a mps office in winnipeg, this is truly uncivilized and we need to respond by murdering protestors

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Don't forget the CMHR, which makes sense because of the federal government's hypocrisy but people clearly don't understand the symbolism. I'm surprised nobody's accused anyone of antisemitism yet.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
:honk:

Harold Stassen has issued a correction as of 04:48 on Jun 20, 2021

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Dan Vandal's van vandalized by darn vandals.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Coxswain Balls posted:

Don't forget the CMHR, which makes sense because of the federal government's hypocrisy but people clearly don't understand the symbolism. I'm surprised nobody's accused anyone of antisemitism yet.

people just want to cling onto anything they can to justify their thirst for blood

the liberals arent doing anything at all to help anyone and the cons are using this as a chance to get people angry enough to form vigilante groups, this country is great

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Dreylad posted:

"Nègres blancs d'Amérique" is certainly a spicy hot take compared to the otherwise pretty tepid takes that make up the history of 20th century Canadian books and media

I'll always be angry that we Québécois becae racist white trash after the Quiet Revolution.

We used to be treated as lesser beings by the english, we shouldn't be racist!

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
i mean look at israel. how fast the persecuted become the persecutors

staticman
Sep 12, 2008

Be gay
Death to America
Suck my dick Israel
Mess with Texas
and remember to lmao
Cult of Number is sending in the attack dogs:
https://twitter.com/badcoffeeluvr/status/1232773510361075712

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

God I hate the Tragically Hip.

If Gord Downey hadn’t died early we probably wouldn’t be subjected to his Michael Stipe-rear end voice into eternity, as we are now.

You, I like.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

All this time I thought I was the only one who didn't watch the sacred path television extravaganza.

Speaking of, I wonder how many people who did watch that fated night are now calling for violence against indigenous protesters.

:thunk:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Another Bill posted:

Workshopping a phrase like brain drain but for people leaving Alberta...

Enviro exodus
Prairie punch out
The Millenial Move

Pretty sure the UCP already came up with one.

Open For Business

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
white flight

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Our Québec meme poster has fallen down on the job so here, have one from Le Revoir

"Trudeau baffled why wet'suwe'ten chiefs will not meet him: 'I'm also a hereditary chief'".

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
gently caress that's good

linoleum floors
Mar 25, 2012

Please. Let me tell you all about how you're all idiots. I am of superior intellect here. Go suck some dicks. You have all fucking stupid opinions. This is my fucking opinion.
I can honestly see Trudeau meeting with them in some incredibly offensive Indian costume

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

but what kind of offensive Indian costume?

Its that time
Nov 8, 2011

odiv posted:

but what kind of offensive Indian costume?

Red face with feathers, rebaptised soaring beaver with Sophie doing the namaste on the side.

Nine of Eight
Apr 28, 2011

LICK IT OFF, AND PUT IT BACK IN
Dinosaur Gum
simple enough:

“Trudeau caught trying to infiltrate a blockade”

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

in which some good ol' boys in the oil patch decide to make a bumper sticker

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

ok, that was so much worse than what I expected

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

it's possible these folks ain't exactly the best canada has to offer.

linoleum floors
Mar 25, 2012

Please. Let me tell you all about how you're all idiots. I am of superior intellect here. Go suck some dicks. You have all fucking stupid opinions. This is my fucking opinion.
When Canadians move to Alberta, were not sending our best okay

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Mohawk warriors are receiving death threats from far-right CHUDs and yeah someone already posted this:

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

a primate posted:

ok, that was so much worse than what I expected

:catstare::nono:

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
:horse:

Harold Stassen has issued a correction as of 04:48 on Jun 20, 2021

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
:guinness:

Harold Stassen has issued a correction as of 04:46 on Jun 20, 2021

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

On a lighter note, it'll be fun dealing with COVID-19 in MB seeing as we don't have hospitals anymore

God I have such a love/hate relationship with my racist province that refuses to see how we are willingly giving everything away because "eh it doesn't effect ME personally"

Until it does and then we whine.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

https://globalnews.ca/video/6601841/protest-organizers-profile

if im not mistaken thats a rebel media person doing the first interview but im not 100% sure. global is chucking gas on the far-rights conspiracy theories now

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

I don't know who she is but I appreciated her marching. Good chants, good pacing. A+ would march again

This being a pan-indigenous issue seems to escape some

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

well the current narrative from the far-right seems to be that all the protestors in canada have been bought and paid for by the tides foundation is owned by Soros but I don't think its that unusual to find a couple people who werent born in canada among protestors. the only thing they have on the second guy seems to be that he has been at lots of protests?

global and corus entertainment in general has shifted so far right over the last few years and this is just abhorrent journalism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

we only accept foreign born influencers if they come with envelopes stuffed with cash