Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

bring back old gbs posted:

i hope this blows up

IRA gang rise up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dimebag dinkman
Feb 20, 2003

https://twitter.com/yourvokalnews/status/1233417704490590209

https://twitter.com/yourvokalnews/status/1233185342087409664

god drat it troels

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

troels got tailed

by the police

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

Anybody else notice that Warren is upticking in the super tuesday polls? Starting to think she could be the bigger threat, even with a Biden win in SC. Biden has essentially zero organization or money post South Carolina.

Anecdotally I feel like she has a lot of mildly enthusiastic support that like her but may not be bothered to go out and vote. I've got a few friends and co-workers that I've been slowly working away from her with a combination of the Bruenig maneuver and a healthy dose of "her advisors hosed her over"

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

haha if they're already making excuses about the SC primary being white af that makes me feel much better about Sanders' chances

Entenzahn
Nov 15, 2012

erm... quack-ward

Mr. Lobe posted:

troels got tailed

by the police

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Chuck gets 100% hispanic turnout, obliterating all other demos, you heard it here first

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Mr. Lobe posted:

troels got tailed

by the police

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

haha if they're already making excuses about the SC primary being white af that makes me feel much better about Sanders' chances

from the article sounds like warren or another centrist would get more votes and not bernie.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Tunicate posted:

Chuck gets 100% hispanic turnout, obliterating all other demos, you heard it here first

Chuck definitely would deserve some cabinet position if he flips SC to Bernie from just getting even like 20-30k of those Latinos

Ross DaouThot
Aug 31, 2018

when i hit that loud and open cspam the adam curtis music starts playing

mad.radhu posted:

Stage 3: Bargaining

what are you on about biden winning SC was a foregone conclusion for the last year until like a week ago

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

This is a horrifying idea, because while Bloomberg wouldn't win any states, he would likely guarantee a Trump victory by killing safe D districts. I would actually assume Trump wins Virginia if Bloomberg is in since a large part of nova would vote for him.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Mr Personality:

https://twitter.com/BernieWatchdog/status/1233401169223069696

What a leader! :swoon:

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

thank god he has the charisma of a wet sock

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

a lot of these polls are bad because they've been tuned to perform well in a fundamentally different landscape. Bernie has changed the landscape. any one of them recycling the methodologies from 2016 and thinking it's good enough is nuts.

CassandraZara
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

South Park already did an episode about trolls from Denmark getting arrested, you can’t steal that idea

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
theres no I in team I made that phrase up actually as mayor of new york

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

mastershakeman posted:

why wouldnt they do this so that they can feel smugly superior about being Liberal but also keeping their taxes down

trump/pence get a 2nd term with this map

this was two pages ago, but no they wouldn't. that map means the house selects the president and the democratic house will not be putting trump back into office. the senate, otoh, will choose a republican.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Mr. Nice! posted:

this was two pages ago, but no they wouldn't. that map means the house selects the president and the democratic house will not be putting trump back into office. the senate, otoh, will choose a republican.

good news then, the House doesn't actually pick the President in that case, every state gets a single vote instead, because our constitution was designed first and foremost to empower and keep in power a minority of highly reactionary conservatives

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Mr. Nice! posted:

I have some very bad news about how the house picks the president

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
e:f,b

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

The Root, where Mayo Pete scores higher in black agenda than Bernie Sanders and Warren comes on top of the field.

https://twitter.com/TheRoot/status/1233401129440096257

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

It's pointless to worry about a Bloomberg independent run. Nothing would stop him if he decided to do it, and the best thing we can do to prevent it is to work really, really hard to make sure everyone's opinion of Bloomberg nationwide is utter poo poo--which is exactly what we're doing anyway to nuke him out of the primary.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Dante80 posted:

The Root, where Mayo Pete scores higher in black agenda than Bernie Sanders and Warren comes on top of the field.

https://twitter.com/TheRoot/status/1233401129440096257

this is one of those "if you're going to lie, lie big" situations, isn't it

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Mr. Lobe posted:

this is one of those "if you're going to lie, lie big" situations, isn't it

I think they just ranked them first according to preference, and then tried to fit the specifics to the ranking. Bernie is 5th worst out of 8. Read:

5. Bernie Sanders
Total Score: 50

Bernie Sanders’ plan for racial justice is only a small part of his agenda for black America.

Economics: Sanders’ plan for economic justice is very vague. It lists the most commonly known problem (the wealth gap, redlining, housing discrimination) and vows to fix them. But it doesn’t say how he will do it. He seems to rely on his plan for income inequality to answer all questions. He does not support reparations.
Economics Score: 7

Criminal Justice: Sanders’ criminal justice displays the same performative rhetoric. His details aren’t revelatory and he offers no solutions except to say that he will solve the problems.
Criminal Justice Score: 5

Education: Sanders promises to make college debt-free for everyone who attends a four-year college. He also plans to cancel student debt and give $1.3 billion to HBCUs and minority-serving institutions. Aside from child care, his platform has very little, if any information on reducing disparities in K-12 education.
Education Score: 4

Politics: Sanders wants to get money out of politics, stop gerrymandering and reform voting, which will undoubtedly benefit black voters but his policies are race-blind.
Politics Score: 4

Comprehensiveness: Sanders’ plan for black America reads like a first-year sociology student’s midterm project. While he hits the major talking points, they leave a lot to be desired. He relies heavily on the idea that his overall policies will improve the lives of America.
Comprehensiveness Score: 5

Blind Spots: Sanders doesn’t have any egregious blind spots in his platform because it consists mostly of listing the problems and saying: “I got this.”
Blind Spots Score: 5

Feasibility: As with other platforms, without any specifics, it is hard to say if Sanders could pass these detail-free policies. As a legislator, he hasn’t displayed much effectiveness in getting his proposals passed.
Feasibility Score: 4

History: Sanders voted for the ’94 crime bill but he’s not happy about it. He has made some problematic statements about black people but he also has a history of being on the right side of most civil rights issues. He marched with Martin Luther King jr. and supported Jesse Jackson, but he also wanted to primary the first black president.
History Score: 6

Intentionality: Here’s where Sanders’ problem lies. His black agenda is performative at best. It is devoid of the kind of specifics that he displays in his tax plans, his healthcare proposals and his income inequality policies. In interviews and in practice, he seems to regard issues of race as purely a class issue. And, while race is inextricably tied to economics and class, white supremacy is not a math problem. One has to be intentional about confronting it.
Intentionality Score: 3

Impact: If Sanders’ overall policies were enacted, low-income and middle-class black people would undoubtedly see an economic benefit. It is a plan that includes black people but it is not for black people.
Impact Score: 7

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008

Mr. Lobe posted:

troels got tailed

by the police

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
bloomberg running a spoiler campaign would fill me with unbelievable rage

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

Mr. Lobe posted:

troels got tailed

by the police

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

the root really thinks that if you say the right incantations, racism will be banished forever

Marie Furie
Nov 11, 2016

Feeling pretty good about SC. I think we end up within single digits of Biden, so the delegate disparity is minimal, and the media is already predicting a substantial Biden win, which means there won’t be a big narrative shift between now and Super Tuesday.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
What are Bernie's "problematic statements about black people"

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

Warren has osteoporosis release the medical records

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Dante80 posted:

I think they just ranked them first according to preference, and then tried to fit the specifics to the ranking.

You don't even have to delve into Warren Vs. Bernie beef to know this is a work. Biden and Pete over Bernie is just risible on its face.

Step 1: Cash the Check
Step 2: Come up with the ranking
Step 3: Retrofit "The Matrix" to support it.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Jewel Repetition posted:

What are Bernie's "problematic statements about black people"

Bernie posed with a chefs chicken that he made for Bernie.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

lol the root isn’t read by any minorities making less than $80,000 a year

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Nonsense posted:

lol the root isn’t read by any minorities

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
isnt that Jason Johnson freak the owner/editor of the root?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

The root thinks you can solve racism with more black prison guards.

e: really all you need to know is that they put "threatened to primary Obama" as a negative.

Gumball Gumption has issued a correction as of 19:30 on Feb 28, 2020

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

Al-Saqr posted:

isnt that Jason Johnson freak the owner/editor of the root?

Yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost
Currently in line to vote for gay space communism