Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
The only thing that would've made the Goldberg/Feind match better was if Goldberg was holding up the Fiend belt for a minute, Fiend got up and did the same spooky exit, and all of a sudden Goldberg's title was replaced by the regular Universal Championship. Because it would've been funny to probably only me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Thank you Do not even ask, who found the 2014 thread for me :)

Okay I won't ask you

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
MOTYC: Joe Black vs. William Huckaby (Dog Collar Match) - Southern Honor Wrestling Southern Honor 16 1/10
Hype Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cc8m76RA0Vk
Match: https://independentwrestling.tv/player/Gr4mVG6L6z/6876 Timestamp 1:53:09

I had not heard of either of these guys or this promotion before receiving a recommendation for this match. I went in blind by going to the show on IWTV and watching the 3 minute build-up video that plays before the match at the timestamp I have marked there, which I ended up ripping to add to this post. I PROMISE you, if you watch that video you will be hyped enough to watch this. And what you get is one of the most ambitious indie matches I have ever seen. They go so far above and beyond what you would expect from a show with 400 people there. They tell a big story. The match rules.

HM: Toru Sugiura vs. Yuko Miyamoto - FREEDOMS Go Beyond the Limit 2020 2/26
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1LF3DhKxh4

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I kinda of want a Super cut of Dave saying WWE couldn't screw Riccochet up while this title match plays and Will, ZSJ, Kota, and KETNA all laugh at him

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Didn't quite make HM level for me but it was close and it's on YouTube for free so here's Chris Brookes vs. Konosuke Takeshita in the inaugural DDT Universal Championship match from DDT Into The Fight (2.23)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5DUKMaCCe4

The cold open is very sudden so you might need to rewind it after it starts if you blink.

BTF
Oct 15, 2019

I love Matt Taven

ThePariah posted:

MOTYC: The Fiend vs Goldberg

From Supper Showdown in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.

Comedy match of the year, nth

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Only need 2 more votes to make Fiend/Goldberg the main roster's first MOTYC of the year!

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Didn't quite make HM level for me but it was close and it's on YouTube for free so here's Chris Brookes vs. Konosuke Takeshita in the inaugural DDT Universal Championship match from DDT Into The Fight (2.23)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5DUKMaCCe4

The cold open is very sudden so you might need to rewind it after it starts if you blink.
It was a lot of fun, and I love it, but I'm a little more stingy with HMs than most people. If it's not a match I'm not going to watch 1-3-5 years later I won't nominate it, but it was a really good match.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

How many people irony voting for Fiend Goldberg actually watched it?

(Follow up question, why did you do that to yourself?)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

forkboy84 posted:

It's not like it took me much time :v:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Wouldn't take much time to cut your finger off but I'd still recommend against it

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

forkboy84 posted:

I actually watched it but I was at a bar so I didn't have to pay for it. It was funny

Baron La Croix
Nov 2, 2010

rastah farah
sonnah maddah fah
Excited that this forum has reached the point of having too few WWE watchers to nominate any WMOTYs

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

Schneider Heim posted:

HM: Chris Panzer (c) vs Robbie Eagles for the PWR Championship, PWR Love at First Fight 2/23

Robbie Eagles is a star.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZWCHzcmJEk

They released the match free on Youtube! Watch us pop for Robbie.

Lily Catts fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Feb 28, 2020

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
HM: Austin Theory vs Tommaso Ciampa from this weeks NXT Feb 26.

I went in expecting to hate this after the way Theory was punked out on last weeks show. I was expecting this to be a squash however, Theory looked like a star here and it was a great match.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

MOTYC: Goldberg vs. The Fiend

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

ThePariah posted:

MOTYC: Brock Lesnar vs Ricochet

Both from Supper Showdown in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.

You know what? Nth to both of these.

Baron La Croix
Nov 2, 2010

rastah farah
sonnah maddah fah
I mean I understand what everyone is going for but after seeing how garbage that Jackhammer was I gotta be the dissenting voice and say WMOTYC: Goldberg vs. The Fiend

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

ThePariah posted:

MOTYC: Brock Lesnar vs Ricochet

Both from Supper Showdown in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.

Nth

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
We did it you guys. WWE is good :unsmith:

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Rarity posted:

We did it you guys. WWE is good :unsmith:

A deafening KSA chant starts.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Baron La Croix posted:

I mean I understand what everyone is going for but after seeing how garbage that Jackhammer was I gotta be the dissenting voice and say WMOTYC: Goldberg vs. The Fiend

Nth

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
ah so all the aew motycs are ironic too?

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

KungFu Grip posted:

ah so all the aew motycs are ironic too?

I'm not sure why you'd say that

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

I Before E posted:

I'm not sure why you'd say that

because it seems we're doing ironic nominations of bad wrestling

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

KFG doesn't like AEW's style.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I dont like the young bucks and think cody's incredibly overrated. everyone else i like and i thought the iron man was good.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Baron La Croix posted:

Nth

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

KungFu Grip posted:

because it seems we're doing ironic nominations of bad wrestling

I should irony nominate this bad post

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Am I allowed to nominate a match for both MOTY and WMOTY?

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Rarity posted:

Am I allowed to nominate a match for both MOTY and WMOTY?

Why not

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Hells yeah

Baron La Croix posted:

Nth

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

To elaborate - this isn’t the first time someone votes a match to be both MOTYC and WMOTYC. As an example, Final Deletion got some of those votes (I might’ve done it myself, can’t remember) if I recall correctly. And it’s pretty reasonable in my opinion, because that match is simultaneously many things

1) Utterly ridiculous fun
2) Self-indulgent garbage
3) Bursting with creativity
4) Incredibly sloppily worked

Which combine to make it really good, really bad or even both at the same time, depending on how you want to think about it / what your idea of pro wrestling is.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Final deletion was great unironically and the wm nominations were from cowards

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Can't believe the sanctity of the MOTYC tag from Something Awful posters has been ruined. A day that shall go down in infamy.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

jesus WEP posted:

Final deletion was great unironically and the wm nominations were from cowards

Today I would just give it the MOTYC nomination because my idea of pro wrestling has changed since then (Christ, it’s already been nearly four years). But I wouldn’t poopoo those who’d think it’s the worst stupid garbage they’ve ever seen. People have different ideas about what’s good pro wrestling, it’s crazy

forkboy84 posted:

Can't believe the sanctity of the MOTYC tag from Something Awful posters has been ruined. A day that shall go down in infamy.

We already lost the sanctity of the Champion of the Month poll because no one was willing to hinder Jinder :( Sickening!!!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

forkboy84 posted:

The GOAT vote is the only unsullied thread competition left on the forum!

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
IMO Final Deletion would get a WMOTYC vote from me purely based on the obnoxious editing during the match portion. There were more camera cuts during it than most 15 minute raw segments. Everything else about it was A+ though.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

forkboy84 posted:

The Sting/HHH match got both the WMOTY and MOTY nods, the sanctity has been shot for a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Rarity posted:

The GOAT vote is the only unsullied thread competition left on the forum!
The one where we spitefully refused to vote Raven out just to annoy Jerusalem?