Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
WHO WINS
This poll is closed.
MOX 75 74.26%
JERICHO 20 19.80%
A DRAW 6 5.94%
Total: 101 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

If nothing else, AEW has earned the “this is going somewhere and they’ll pivot if it doesn’t work” benefit of the doubt.

Edit: Spears just did Chris Van Vliet’s podcast and I thought it was a pretty good, made me appreciate him more as a performer.

Spears on Colt Cabana's podcast was one of the first times I've really liked him. He was so psyched about training people and wrestling well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Lamuella posted:

Spears on Colt Cabana's podcast was one of the first times I've really liked him. He was so psyched about training people and wrestling well.

i liked this bit from the Cody interview about Dean Malenko/MJF:

quote:

- Excalibur describes the AEW locker room as a mix of guys who are cool from the indies and the other guys with “PTSD”.

- Cody praises Dean Malenko for having a cool head backstage. Excalibur notes he has the best sense of humor of anyone in the locker room.
Cody notes that Dean and MJF will be playfully mean back and forth to each other backstage and it’s really something to watch.

wanna watch Deano and MJF bantz

also Jericho comes by and starts in

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Rampant ageism in the wrestling world lately. You hate to see it

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Yes cult survivors are often diagnosed with PTSD

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Rampant ageism in the wrestling world lately. You hate to see it

Jericho is cool but Goldberg is Oldberg and I will not be told otherwise

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Dark Order is cool though right not at all a cult?

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Small brain: Revolution taking place in Chicago is the perfect setup for CM Punk’s debut

Galaxy brain: Revolution taking place in Chicago is the perfect setup for Kylie Rae’s return

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I agree Jericho is loving incredible. However:

1. He's 49.
2. Yes he's over as gently caress but so is Mox. Again, other than Cody, there's nobody even close except Darby and lately Hangman, but Darby's not ready yet and Hangman has other things to occupy him at the moment.
3. Here's the hot take: if he retains, I feel like the holding pattern he'd presumably go into would get stale pretty quick. If he loses, he gets to reinvent himself again which would loving rule.

I'm not quoting you to be like dude you're wrong because you've admitted you see both sides, just emphasizing my side a little more.

You're not wrong. Keeping Jericho as champ would be (as I said) very much a reaction to him being a draw right now, but he could just be a holding pattern soon, yeah. It'd be the safe thing to do, but as much as we like to talk about "Coward" Tony around here, I don't feel like he's really a "safe thing" kind of booker. And if you're going to build Mox all the way over into mega-super-champ over, this is probably the spot. I mean, unless they do the long build and actually do have some Archer bullshit leading into Mox having to get past Archer and THEN taking the title off Jericho at like, All In 3, but I just don't think you need that kind of lengthy Gedo-style build to this story. This has already had a pretty decent build with all the eye-gouging.

Also, looking at the structure of the card...as much as some people have said you can't have both Cody and Mox go over, it feels to me like this would be a really heel-heavy result section if they both don't win. Like, I think Hager goes over, Dark Order go over, Nyla goes over, Bucks (who are more heel than not for this feud) go over, I can't call PAC/OC.... so aside from possibly OC, my prediction has the only face win as Darby and so the two main events do make sense as both face wins.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I feel like either Cody or Moxley is winning, not both, because one of these programs has to continue to DON, and Jericho/Mox seems like the one that can get more mileage out of a second match. Cody teased a Wargames type match at the C2E2 panel and of the programs that could lead into Wargames, Inner Circle vs Moxley et al seems like the best option.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Jericho has established the title as a major-league championship and anchored Dynamite through its infant stages. As far as I'm concerned he's already done his job, and I really don't buy the arguments for him to keep holding the belt, especially with Moxley peaking at the right time.

Booking is all about striking the right time, and this feels like the perfect time for a title switch. Anything else is too holding-patterny for my liking.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

I think bucks/megahang and pac/oc are both even enough (because both have very very reasonable paths with either result). I'm definitely like 60/40 on mox over Jericho and will be happy either way. It's always felt to me like alpha/omega 3 was going to be part of this title run somehow, either as an actual title match or as a number 1 contenders thing. But also Moxley vs Kenny has maybe been on the back burner just long enough by the time double or nothing rolls around.

the top of the card is strong, and aew has demonstrably not been shy about letting lower card guys do matches with the champion to pass a few weeks by. Moxley on top let's you have the lower card heels get in there (kip, sammy, hager, archer maybe, maybe a plunder match with someone).

SteelFusion
Jan 10, 2006

that cow college

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtwDTTFbCWY

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Dark Order is cool though right not at all a cult?

Impossible, we can't be a cult because The Exalted One says that we're not

A+ new av bee tee dubs :discourse:

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

gently caress yes.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Rarity posted:

Impossible, we can't be a cult because The Exalted One says that we're not

A+ new av bee tee dubs :discourse:

Thanks for the idea! I really botched it by not giving myself a Dark Order tag when I changed it though.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

rantmo posted:

I saw Warhorse at Freelance last month and he was damned impressive.

Warhorse has really outstanding energy. And his whole thing is buzz he's built himself by working his rear end off.

Hangman / Warhorse tag team would rule rear end. All the asses.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

heel turn posted:

Has Evil Uno said any swear words in a promo? This is important.

Chuckie T is finally going to get to say "poo poo" and Danhausen interrupts with "no swearing"

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Also I've never had strong feelings about Goldberg, sometimes I think he's looked awesome as gently caress, even within the last couple of years, but Jesus Christ he looked awful yesterday and putting the title on him is everything about why WWE is in the state it's in.

He's done some awesome stuff! He's just also fifty three years old and has been basically retired for ages. There's wrestlers who keep going into their 50s but they all seem to have put a ton of effort into it.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Lamuella posted:

Warhorse has really outstanding energy. And his whole thing is buzz he's built himself by working his rear end off.

Hangman / Warhorse tag team would rule rear end. All the asses.

A cowboy and his (war)horse would be amazing and the hits coming from that team would be like thunder.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Galaxy brain: Revolution taking place in Chicago is the perfect setup for Kylie Rae’s return

Glad my brain isn’t the only one pulling this. (I know this is incredibly unlikely to happen.)

Lead Pipe Cinch fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Feb 28, 2020

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Glad my brain isn’t the only one pulling this. (I know this is incredibly unlikely to happen.)

She would get the god pop

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Small brain: Revolution taking place in Chicago is the perfect setup for CM Punk’s debut

Don't do this to yourself

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Serenely smiling to myself imagining a Nyla/Kylie title feud

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

How has nobody in this thread seen a popeye cartoon

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

magiccarpet posted:

How has nobody in this thread seen a popeye cartoon

:popeye:

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

smarxist posted:

i liked this bit from the Cody interview about Dean Malenko/MJF:

wanna watch Deano and MJF bantz

also Jericho comes by and starts in

The first time MJF breaks character on camera is the day the world ends

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

I would be really confident that Mox was winning if the next PPV wasn't DoN 2 in only two months. Them not being able to resist a full-year Jericho reign and some kind of full-circle thing with Hangman or Kenny makes me worried that Mox is going to get hosed. :(

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
AEW: Industry acclaimed champion considered by many to be the greatest of all time, accomplished all over the world throughout his 30 year career, successful rock star, youngest World Champion in company history, beat up the other company's champion for real.

WWE: Champion only knows two moves and can't do them very well, had one good year over 20 years ago where he wrestled the same match every time, failed football player, oldest champion in company history (not counting the owner of the company), beat up by an alcoholic 4 inches shorter and 50 pounds lighter.

thefncrow
Mar 14, 2001

Sanguinia posted:

I would be really confident that Mox was winning if the next PPV wasn't DoN 2 in only two months. Them not being able to resist a full-year Jericho reign and some kind of full-circle thing with Hangman or Kenny makes me worried that Mox is going to get hosed. :(

Jericho won the title at All Out, going to one year would be him holding that belt until September.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I just saw a theory that Archer will cost Mox the title. I swear to God if Mox loses I will be on a level of anger that's close to the Brock match. It's a PPV called Revolution, they're hammering home first of the decade, Mox has never been hotter, they only have 4 PPVs a year, and there's no one who it makes more sense to beat Jericho except maybe Cody but that's obviously off the table.

Mox better win. :argh:

I 100% believe Moxley beating Jericho is the correct and right decision.

I 99% think AEW will do it.

IF Moxley lost and it was because once again the big new signing for AEW helped Jericho I'd be worried that AEW has a really serious creative crutch and Jericho has too much power.

I am VERY much not hyped for a Hangman/Jericho II. I might be trailing behind others in that regard but I dunno. That would be the first time I wouldn't be on the same page as AEW since... well, Hangman/Jericho I.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Feb 28, 2020

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I want Jericho to win because I’m more interested in him as a champ than Mox, I think Mox probably wins, I’m ok with either outcome and think they’ll do a good job either way.

Also some people will lose it in a hilarious manner if Mox loses so there’s that.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

AEW: Industry acclaimed champion considered by many to be the greatest of all time, accomplished all over the world throughout his 30 year career, successful rock star, youngest World Champion in company history, beat up the other company's champion for real.

WWE: Champion only knows two moves and can't do them very well, had one good year over 20 years ago where he wrestled the same match every time, failed football player, oldest champion in company history (not counting the owner of the company), beat up by an alcoholic 4 inches shorter and 50 pounds lighter.

the inverse chad/virgin meme

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

STAC Goat posted:

I 100% believe Moxley beating Jericho is the correct and right decision.

I 99% think AEW will do it.

IF Moxley lost and it was because once again the big new signing for AEW helped Jericho I'd be worried that AEW has a really serious creative crutch and Jericho has too much power.

I am VERY much not hyped for a Hangman/Jericho II. I might be trailing behind others in that regard but I dunno. That would be the first time I wouldn't be on the same page as AEW since... well, Hangman/Jericho I.

I would love Hangman/Jericho II but it should be leading into the Match where Mox is defending his title :v:

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
I like Hangman okay but he's about the 10th most interesting person who gets into the ring at AEW

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Hangman is good and is the most compelling AEW wrestler on the roster right now.

Imo

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

hangman is the third best guy in the company but only because santana and ortiz are 1 and 2

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

agree about compelling hangman but it's a fine line. feels like he could become a dumbass poor taste joke that really sucks to have on the shows very easily. i guess because it's hard to trust wrestling promoters

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think they're doing a lot of good work with Page and trying to push him back into the main event soon would risk undoing that and causing a division again. Like some people are REALLY into his story and would be behind it, for sure. But I assume I wouldn't be the only one feeling it wasn't a fully finished rehab yet.

This Omega/Bucks stuff is working. Ride it for awhile. And if you wanna give him another solo run then try it out with someone a little lower first and see how Page retains that interest level without the other Elite guys before you push him to the moon.

I don't like that "one year later Double or Nothing" idea because its trying to squeeze things in to fit something inorganic.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Hangman is one of the most interesting and compelling characters wrestling has seen in years. Unfortunately he has to share a show with Darby Allin and Orange Cassidy who are this but even more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thefncrow
Mar 14, 2001
My suspicion on the tag match is that it’s the dark alternate version of Golden Lovers vs Bucks from that US NJPW show.

It’s an aggressive match, Page turns up the aggression, and Kenny can’t do it. This time, instead of Ibushi being the one making that demand and even the Bucks being like “just do it” being enough to make Kenny follow through, the Bucks take advantage, probably with a heel tactic. Bucks go heel and go on top of the tag division, Page and Omega break up because Kenny wasn’t willing to do what needed to be done to retain and will feud until DoN.