Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which Nintendo character would you like to see in the next Soul Calibur game?
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 99 8.48%
Other 53 4.54%
jenna got milked 1015 86.98%
Total: 1167 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

This movie is gonna own so much

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1233395726882750465?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weedle
May 31, 2006

f#a# posted:

Wait, why is everyone pulling out of GDC? Coronavirus preparedness?

trump issued an executive order banning video games. this forum will be closed at midnight

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Hah, as if anyone posting here actually plays video games.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

FirstAidKite posted:

What kind of genre would you consider Legend of Legacy and Alliance Alive to be? Like, I've only ever played a couple SaGa games and 1 SaGa-inspired game but they were the very first 2 SaGa titles and the fangame was based around those early gameboy titles too so I'm not really sure what to expect compared to later entries where I hear they vary from being a weird board game to having invisible timer elements based around how many battles you get into and requiring a guide to work through it. I'm not sure what to expect.

You do stuff in combat and gain stats and learn skills.

Also Alliance Alive is terribly balanced in that the normal encounters are complete pushovers but some of the bosses can be quite difficult.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

FirstAidKite posted:

What kind of genre would you consider Legend of Legacy and Alliance Alive to be? Like, I've only ever played a couple SaGa games and 1 SaGa-inspired game but they were the very first 2 SaGa titles and the fangame was based around those early gameboy titles too so I'm not really sure what to expect compared to later entries where I hear they vary from being a weird board game to having invisible timer elements based around how many battles you get into and requiring a guide to work through it. I'm not sure what to expect.

I'm unsure about 7th Dragon because describing it as a story-based Etrian Odyssey but with less depth and strategy sounds fine to me but from what I looked up, it is also the 3rd game in a series and I haven't played any of the others and don't know if this one is a followup plotwise or if it is more akin to stuff like mainline Final Fantasy titles where each story is its own thing that doesn't rely on the previous games in the series for plot and setting and characters and stuff.

For Yokai Watch, what about the Blasters game? It looks more like an action game and the stuff I read said it is more like a brawler.
there's a demo of 7th dragon and i think legend of legacy on the eshop. 7th dragon is standalone and it just references older games

legacy/alliance are jrpgs, unlimited saga was the only board game one

you have to get used to the fact that you're not going to have a clear direction when you play a saga game though, because they were the 'see that mountain, you can go there' of the SNES era. also that your characters gain stat points after battle rather than experience points

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
dragon quest 7 is worth playing if you like dq because it's a whole lot of dq. i disagree with the assertion that nothing happens, it's more that 7 is almost nothing but the little one town vignettes that are the highlight of other dq games. the macro plot is there but it's very much not the focus of the game

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Blizzard is now also out of GDC (I don't know if they were set to have a big presence there anyway, but still). This thing is crumbling pretty fast.

https://twitter.com/Blizzard_Ent/status/1233485343858581506

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

isn't pax east the other e3 this weekend, are they seeing a lot of pullouts too?

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Ive never used more than one save file unless I knew for a fact I was gonna abuse a save slot for achievement hunting. Like...what's the fear? You're gonna miss some sidequest that would have been worth replaying more than five hours worth of game to fix?

After having saves corrupt and losing hundreds of hours of progress. Also, not really a problem anymore, but back in the day there were just so many games where you could gently caress up and find yourself in an unwinnable situation. Being able to go back a couple saves to keep yourself from having to completely start over is definitely a nice feature.

Cowcaster posted:

isn't pax east the other e3 this weekend, are they seeing a lot of pullouts too?

I know Giant Bomb isn't going but I can't tell if that's because of coronavirus or just because they were already going to skip this year.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Songbearer posted:

Make my cat love me as much as I love it

My hand is a webwork of scratches now because God knows when I'm going to hit the gently caress You timer when I'm petting her in the one of two Sanctioned Petting Zones in the four second timeframe she gives me

try varying your petting techniques

scritches, strokes, deep tissue massage, etc.

here is a tried and true method that i have used to great success:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FX5T4EXzDoc

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Cowcaster posted:

Bluepoint, Square-Enix, Sony, CD Projekt are the ones I know of. It hasn't had as many high-profile cancellations.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

https://twitter.com/Trackmania/status/1233475306167640065

Disco Anne
Apr 1, 2010

Assume you're going to survive.
I use save slot 1. Then get distracted, come back to the game months later forgetting how to play and what I was doing, and start a new game in save slot 2 and get farther this time. Sometimes there's then a save slot 3.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Trackmania is only good when it's blasting dubstep metallica covers and I can only see the middle of my screen because of all the weird server add-on stuff all over my screen and that's all I want from Trackmania.

Disco Anne
Apr 1, 2010

Assume you're going to survive.

Songbearer posted:

My hand is a webwork of scratches now because God knows when I'm going to hit the gently caress You timer when I'm petting her in the one of two Sanctioned Petting Zones in the four second timeframe she gives me

You may need practice.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Songbearer posted:

Cats are easily overstimulated and it gets painful, like imagine being tickled for too long.

Best thing is to hold your hand out and let your cat rub up against you. Stroke with the fur, avoid the belly and base of the tail, go for the chin, cheeks, and behind the ears. If the tail starts swishing back and forth it's time to gtfo!

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

my cat loves belly rubs

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

f#a# posted:

Wait, why is everyone pulling out of GDC? Coronavirus preparedness?

Yep. Right now international travel and especially gathering a large number of international travelers in one place is a really bad idea.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

oddium posted:

my cat loves belly rubs

I get 4-10 seconds of belly rubs and it feels like one of those push your luck games where I'm trying to maximize time but not trigger the clawing fail state.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

haveblue posted:

Yep. Right now international travel and especially gathering a large number of international travelers in one place is a really bad idea.

Even without the international travel we’re at a point now where you kind of want to avoid these sorts of mass gatherings if you can help it, especially since US preparedness is so poor an outbreak is effectively guaranteed.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Cool

Trackmania is neat. Too bad their original maniaplanet or whatever thing kinda flopped, would've been neat to see what questmania turned out as and would've been cool to see what else they could have done with shootmania.

I've heard they made some of the recent trackmania games worse looking through patches though, dunno why. Have any of the recent trackmania games been good? I know I've seen them mentioned at game conferences but I don't really see much of them outside of those.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Oh hey, they finally added a zoomed out/full screen option for Pixeljunk Monsters 2

Now I can actually play the game I bought like 3 years ago

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I started playing Trackmania with Trackmania Sunrise so Nations has always kind of rubbed me the wrong way with how grippy the cars feel

Like they should be doing 2000ft powerslides, not this F1 silliness

Fortunately Trackmania 2 went the muscle car route and you can lose your grip whenever you like it's great

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

precision posted:

Oh hey, they finally added a zoomed out/full screen option for Pixeljunk Monsters 2

Now I can actually play the game I bought like 3 years ago

As much as it sucks to have games release without features you think are a no-brainer the fact that we live in an age where largely single player games get small little tweaks and updates years after the fact is pretty cool.

Two of the old Ys games just got English and Japanese voices added, respectively. 10 years ago the thought of touching up or adding QOL improvements to a years old game would've been a pipe dream outside of the biggest franchises like Half Life, The Sims, etc.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

the DS version of FFIII that's on steam and mobile got an update yesterday

unfortunately it didn't turn it into a not poo poo version of the game

also give me the drat bookmark site for mario maker 2 already nintendo, god drat, should've been day 1.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
- I played chrono trigger in about 1999 and used save states only. I then used up all of my save states on an unwinnable early lavos battle (I had no idea!) and that was the end of that run.
- I then played it on my ds in about 2010 and got about as far and then someone stole my DS.
- I then started it again in 2017 and got pretty far (maybe 2/3rds of the way through?) and just tried to find my saves and they were gone, retroarch wasn't there any more. After a lot of googling I figured out where they were, and loaded them, and thank god! Maybe I can finally finish it!

Also I'm being a nerd and listing to video game music and am listening to some Nier: Automata now. I remember being loving BLOWN AWAY when I first went into the hacking minigame and the music track seamlessly turned into an 8-bit track. The song I'm listening to right now does that too. That game was so loving good.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

my cat also loves belly rubs

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

https://twitter.com/oleivarrudi/status/1233512974997954560

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

FirstAidKite posted:

What kind of genre would you consider Legend of Legacy and Alliance Alive to be?

7th Dragon

AA/LoL are pretty standard turn-based JRPGs but learning skills is random and based on usage. They're much more structured than the SaGa games which were like quasi-open-world though. 7th Dragon games are very loosely related to each other. The first 3DS game is like, medieval and then the newer ones take place in similar futuristic timelines, where Miku is a party member in one of them. It's like, the same evil dragon-flowers invading different realities each time, so you won't miss out on anything.

Also Japan has literally closed down all schools for a month so yeah no surprise a ton of companies are dropping out of GDC and PAX

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Like at some point does GDC just call off the whole thing

https://twitter.com/GearboxOfficial/status/1233512639814393856

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
People have been asking the group that runs it.

Here's the big kick in the pants, anyone traveling international is probably well past when they can get a refund on that flight and if the event isn't cancelled that's also 2 Grand(more?) per badge down the drain.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

SeXReX posted:

People have been asking the group that runs it.

Here's the big kick in the pants, anyone traveling international is probably well past when they can get a refund on that flight and if the event isn't cancelled that's also 2 Grand(more?) per badge down the drain.

Surely if nearly every advertised exhibitor pulls out there's some entitlement to a refund?

Even if they refuse and insist on holding the event in a giant empty room I could see it resulting in legal action.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
GDC2020: Fyre Festival For Nerds

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

If management doesn't show up, time for the workers to assemble and do a Tennis Court Oath

That would probably get UBM to shut things down quickly

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

stev posted:

Surely if nearly every advertised exhibitor pulls out there's some entitlement to a refund?

Even if they refuse and insist on holding the event in a giant empty room I could see it resulting in legal action.

Airline tickets are also gonna be a problem

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/leyawn/status/1232818798144692225

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
https://twitter.com/NintendoFanGirl/status/1233496525113843714

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

is there a resource site with these portraits so i can mod bg2 with them

im a little tired of the movie star edits, they're kind of last-decade