Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

threelemmings
Dec 4, 2007
A jellyfish!
I'm not sure what they're complaining about! A 3 to 5 dollar skin in an average 60 dollar game like they mentioned is an extra 8% cost. Now that the ship is $600 that $25 skin is only 4% more. Crowbar is actually providing huge value and savings to his loyal customers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
The $25 skin is really upsetting me. It just feels like maybe CIG is taking advantage of my good will. I'm NOT buying this skin, but I will buy $25 of UEC instead. I hope this teaches Chris a valuable lesson that us backers will not be taken advantage of.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

:laffo:

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

There was some talk some pages ago about the orchestral score they are going to do.

I'm 100% sure it will be just like the graphics, meaning it will be professionally recorded and performed, but the actual music will be generic unmemorable themes loosely lifted from every random movie CR has seen.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/3/thread/roadmap-roundup-february-28th-2020-1

Notable Changes for February 28th, 2020
____

FPS: Combat Behaviors v2
Other tasks ended up taking priority over the development of combat behaviors slated to release in Alpha 4.0 (realistic firing, grenades). Additionally, the work the team is currently focused on received some internal feedback that will need to be addressed. For these reasons, this card will be temporarily removed from the Roadmap while a new release date is decided upon.

Anvil Carrack
On this day, the twenty-eighth of February in the year two-thousand twenty we move this card to Released and celebrate the end of the gibbening and the release of the Anvil Carrack.

Eddie Parr
Due to shared resources and prioritization being placed on Prison Gameplay, Eddie Parr is not quite ready for prime-time resulting in a temporary removal from the Roadmap while a new release date is decided on.

New/Updated Missions
As mentioned in the caveats section of the roadmap, this roadmap focuses on big features, but is not fully exhaustive. To highlight a prime example of this, we'll be releasing a handful of mission improvements/additions in Alpha 3.9 that are not illustrated on the Roadmap. This is mostly due to an amalgamation of tasks that would not easily be setup on the backend to show up on the Roadmap. The Roadmap is hooked up directly into our Jira backend, so in some cases such as this, it's easier to simply message the additions rather than add a card.

So, now you're probably wondering what's coming in Alpha 3.9 on the mission front? Well, we'd like for you to experience much of the new content for the first time in the 'verse, so we'll keep this high level:
Tecia "Twitch" Pacheco: The Price of Freedom Mission
Miles Eckhart: Arlington Bounty Mission Series (introduces an AI Idris to the PU - no, that's not a typo. Idris.)

Volatile/Perishable Cargo
Similar to the New/Updated Missions, this will not have a dedicated card on the Roadmap but is still worth calling out. Volatile/Persishable Cargo will introduce additional challenges when trading/transferring some commodities in the 'verse in Alpha 3.9.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

The Titanic posted:

Pretty sure being reincarnated as an npc in Star citizen is a circle of hell.

More of a wobbly triangle, really

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

The Titanic posted:

Pretty sure being reincarnated as an npc in Star citizen is a circle of hell.

Day 947: I am so exhausted. I walk my route up and down the hall, occasionally stopping to T-pose. I try to sit and rest, but all I can do is stand on the seat... The boredom is unbearable, my only hope is to clip thorough the ground down into the crate dimension. If I had known this fate awaited me I would have improved my karma by pledging while I still had a chance.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Quavers posted:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/3/thread/roadmap-roundup-february-28th-2020-1

____

Other tasks ended up taking priority over the development of combat behaviors slated to release in Alpha 4.0 (realistic firing, grenades). Additionally, the work the team is currently focused on received some internal feedback that will need to be addressed. For these reasons, this card will be temporarily removed from the Roadmap while a new release date is decided upon.

Anvil Carrack
On this day, the twenty-eighth of February in the year two-thousand twenty we move this card to Released and celebrate the end of the gibbening and the release of the Anvil Carrack.

Eddie Parr
Due to shared resources and prioritization being placed on Prison Gameplay, Eddie Parr is not quite ready for prime-time resulting in a temporary removal from the Roadmap while a new release date is decided on.

New/Updated Missions
As mentioned in the caveats section of the roadmap, this roadmap focuses on big features, but is not fully exhaustive. To highlight a prime example of this, we'll be releasing a handful of mission improvements/additions in Alpha 3.9 that are not illustrated on the Roadmap. This is mostly due to an amalgamation of tasks that would not easily be setup on the backend to show up on the Roadmap. The Roadmap is hooked up directly into our Jira backend, so in some cases such as this, it's easier to simply message the additions rather than add a card.

So, now you're probably wondering what's coming in Alpha 3.9 on the mission front? Well, we'd like for you to experience much of the new content for the first time in the 'verse, so we'll keep this high level:
Miles Eckhart: Arlington Bounty Mission Series (introduces an AI Idris to the PU - no, that's not a typo. Idris.)

Similar to the New/Updated Missions, this will not have a dedicated card on the Roadmap but is still worth calling out. Volatile/Persishable Cargo will introduce additional challenges when trading/transferring some commodities in the 'verse in Alpha 3.9.

I have to wonder, what are those 500 people actually doing?

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"
AI and grenades that work still not ready for ‘prime time’ (nice foreshadowing CIG vid)

But shh, this is high level, need-to-know, strictly on the QT... NPC Idris suckers! Forget all that other chaff and fuss...

(Can’t wait for the server parp that’s going to follow... and the quiet decommissioning of the mission in a few months.)

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

lobsterminator posted:

There was some talk some pages ago about the orchestral score they are going to do.

I'm 100% sure it will be just like the graphics, meaning it will be professionally recorded and performed, but the actual music will be generic unmemorable themes loosely lifted from every random movie CR has seen.

EPIC STAR CITIZEN 12 HOUR WORK AND STUDY MIX

Modern hollywood has a lot to answer for regarding art and music being turned into talentless, efficient process pipelines.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Agony Aunt posted:

I have to wonder, what are those 500 people actually doing?

No one actually knows what the gently caress they are doing. Therein lies the game.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
lol this is getting pathetic

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

TheAgent posted:

lol this is getting pathetic

This dumpster show has been pathetic for years.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Agony Aunt posted:

Things are about to become incomparably funny

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Get ready for the blip on the radar of people concerned about SQ42, and then a flood of posts creaming their jeans because they just made progress on the Idris

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
I just got a newsletter from dual universe,, did that turn out to be crobblerware as well?

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

Agony Aunt posted:

Due to shared resources and prioritization being placed on Prison Gameplay,

Things that should never be in the patch notes for an unreleased game that is not about prison.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Give them a break, every company needs 2 months at the beginning of every year to plan for the new year.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

--evidently I misunderstood I thought he was saying SC was ftp

--It is. Unless something changed that I haven't heard about, Chris Roberts stated that Star Citizen would be funded by microtransactions and not a monthly sub. You can play the game for as little as the cost of your starter ship package for the game itself.

--Thats not what free to play means. You have to BUY into SC. There are no game packages you get for free.
FTP doesnt mean lacking subscription. It means you dont have to pay anything to be able to play the game.

--Free to play means there is no monthly sub. That's what it always meant until a bunch of kids who don't know what they are talking about came along and tried to change the definition. This is why we say that an MMO has gone F2P when it drops it's monthly sub. You almost always still have to buy the game for $5 or $10 but the monthly sub is gone. It has always been that way.

--History doesnt agree with you.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free-to-play

--You mean the people that wrote that Wiki don't agree with me. Frankly, I lived the history and it agrees with me.

--So did I. At no point did me or any of my friends nor the people that I played early MMOs with refer to free to play as only meaning a game that you paid for ahead of time, but you dont have a sub.

If you have something that shows otherwise, fix the wiki.

shrach
Jan 10, 2004

daylight ssssaving time

Quavers posted:

Anvil Carrack

How do I stop this intense fremdschamen that I am feeling?

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Popete posted:

The $25 skin is really upsetting me. It just feels like maybe CIG is taking advantage of my good will. I'm NOT buying this skin, but I will buy $25 of UEC instead. I hope this teaches Chris a valuable lesson that us backers will not be taken advantage of.

i WILL also buy a skin for the carrack if it's black instead of white.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Quavers posted:

(introduces an AI Idris to the PU - no, that's not a typo. Idris.)

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand all the progress we made with the whole "why isn't CIG adding gameplay" thing is gone.
clever bastards.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Quavers posted:

____

Other tasks ended up taking priority over the development of combat behaviors...

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Lladre posted:

I just got a newsletter from dual universe,, did that turn out to be crobblerware as well?

No, they are progressing apace, though they missed their kickstarter target date pretty hard. It's hard to talk about though, since everything is under an NDA. Since that's, uh, what actual game studios do in an Alpha.

It does seem to be leaning more towards being first person EVE in many respects though, even ones you may not expect.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Ah, so that's what all those 500 employees are doing- the endless purgatory of sitting on a conference call with The Crobbler.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Quavers posted:

Verticles has been Corn Crobbled :ohdear:

:reddit: So, they are charging $25 for the skin?!

:reddit: gently caress YES! That's absurd!

:reddit: I am rarely this critical of CIG but this is feeling like nickel and diming us. Well...I don't have to buy it if I really care that much about it. It's not like the color of the ship is going to be the end of the the game for me.

:reddit: At a reasonable price. $25 is not reasonable. The amount of work that it took to actually make that skin should equate it to 25 cents. It's a color. It's not changing the features or external physical dimensions of the ship. It's a color.

:reddit: The point is that $25 for a skin is too much and paying it tells CIG that it's ok to charge obscene prices for minimal work when it's not. $5 for a skin, fine. I can handle that. Even the system they had for the 300i wasn't $25 for a color change. Just because $600+ was spent on a digital ship does not mean that those people are ok with being milked another $25 for a color change. If anything, that color change should be FREE because they paid so much for that digital ship already. Now, if CIG needs another $25 from me for support to make the game, I will gladly give it to them but not for a skin color change on a ship. The precedent that it sets, as the OP has stated, is a bad one. It's NOT ok for ship skins to be $25. It's simply too much.

:reddit: I gotta be honest...I am pretty much in the same boat as you. I have the ships I want, I don't want to be milked by CIG when I have already given them more than enough. I will continue to support them making the game but I won't support nickel and diming us like this. It sets a very bad precedent.

:reddit: And that's the point. It's about setting a bad precedent and making CIG think that it's ok to overcharge for a color change.

:psyboom:

They're not used to paying $25 for their white privilege

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Wait wait.

The AI gets an Idris before players? What the gently caress Crobberts! If it's ready for AI, it should be ready for players right? I mean we aren't CHEAATING are we? Clearly all AI ships act exactly like all player ships, and therefore much be built out fully to operate correctly.... right? Surely we aren't cheating and letting the AI control the ship directly.... Right?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Quavers posted:

____

Anvil Carrack

Eddie Parr

New/Updated Missions

I don't know exactly when but these roundups became some sort of performance art a while ago. The things in the roadmap? We have removed them. What are you going to get? well, stuff that wasn't in the roadmap. No, we won't add them to the 'map. Bur we have an AI IDRIS!!! Did we mention it's an IDRIS? IDRIS!!!

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

What? No progress on SQ42 chapters this week?

Weird. Must be that lawsuit, they're still in the process of settling it! Yes, it's more likely that CIG is lying to backers than horribly mismanaged!

it's both

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

"Cultists show their ugly face" : a reFUDian thread on how people are supposedly bad because they realize that they are discussing with people who argue in bad faith. And a whole heap of the regular projection, misconception and self-victimization.

My edit: direct crosslink to r/refunds not included

:cult::And slowly but steady they are also realizing that nothing they say or doo will change anything and SQ42 is going to be released eventually so now it is a narrative switch to "but it wound be good at all because bla bla bla" etc Use the hate sub for what it is good for free comedy and no more. They even think they have any kind of power of some sort and that anyone at all fear them in any way, litterally no one is afraid of anything they post or say for years as they have yet to understand what the burden of proof means. if you notice the new trend they are attacking and mocking threads from the SC sub instead of actually discussing the game. Most of the 50 active hate subs are doxing hypocrites and cant and should not be trusted. If only the hate sub had ever shoot with anything other then blanks people would actually notice them but instead there reputation more or less always proceeds them were ever they show up and with good reason.

Dementropy fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Feb 28, 2020

marumaru
May 20, 2013

:reddit::

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib
:reddit:: It is true that there is a long way to go, and the game has been worked on since 2013 putting it at the start of its 8th year of progress, so it is important to be aware of the reality of how long a project this is. But I want to throw in my two cents as I think sometimes its easy to accidentally discredit the work that is already there.

Since SC is in open development we can see and experience each new thing as it is implemented. Each quarter people have the time to explore and internalize everything added in that patch. Since the game has been in production for so long, veteran players will have gotten used to most of the content by now. As a result only the new stuff that comes with a new patch will feel fresh.

The human brain is amazingly adept at streamlining memory. You don't remember every step on your route from your front door to the local market, your brain truncates it to things like "turn left at the corner with the big tree". This sort of thing is also why drawing is hard - you see shapes, your brain thinks "eye" or "cat" and then you draw from the quintessential compressed memory of eye or cat, despite that not matching whats actually in front of you. This is also true when it comes to remembering other things.

Because you are so used to the game's content and especially if there's content you have not re-experienced recently, it may be treated to this same truncation. If for example, you mostly do cargo trading, you may be inclined to generalize each type of ship combat mission under "combat" and think of it as just shooting ships unless you really open up that section of memory. Same is true if you do ship combat - you'll know all the details of different combat missions, but only think of cargo as a nebulous basic cargo run despite there being a lot more to it.

Fact is this is a really efficient thing the brain does and its really handy for being able to think at a reasonable speed, and well, function. But your brain won't tell you its doing that. Again with the drawing, thats another reason why drawing is hard - your brain doesn't say "I'm working from a compressed memory now" it just does and you catch yourself afterwords (or just as often not).

If you watch a new player getting into the game, they feel they have no end of things to explore and discover. There may actually be more content already in the game than you think.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

These are excellent grabs

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Blaming your own brain for not allowing you to behold the full glory of star citizen is at least a new one, and I have to respect it

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

What DO they discuss?

“Yeah these are images...but we have about 543786543789 other things that are more important”

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

What DO they discuss?

“Yeah these are images...but we have about 543786543789 other things that are more important”

I see that you have been blessed by never having had to attend a "boss pet peeves meeting". Basically everybody sits on their chair whispering "please god not me, not me" under their breath, while their (completely unqualified) boss goes "mmhhh, mhhhh, yes, mhhh... actually, Johnson could you please explain the reasoning behind this belt buckle?". So now Johnson is it and everybody gets ready to pile up on him and his stupid, ugly, useless, piece of crap buckle. Oh, you will rue the day you set foot on this meeting Johnson, you and your stupid buckle, if we can keep the boss occupied chewing your rear end he won't have time before lunch to focus on whatever the gently caress it's we did. It's not personal Johnson, there is nothing actually wrong with your buckle, you were just unlucky.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

:reddit:

"I'm simply not worried and I have time. Anyone else?"

Would I like to have fresh and more engaging or exciting gameplay loops?
Sure!
The missions we have now have grown stale for me loooong ago. (Even the new ones such as the 890J or the claimjumpers did not really feel new.)

Would I like to hear that SQ42 is going to keep it's deadline - more or less?
No, not very much.
I would rather want to hear if the major blockers such as subsumption and such have been tackled sucessfully and in a way that makes it sure that they can achieve what they planned to do, no matter if on time or much later.

Do I feel annoyed by ship price increases or 25$ skins plus ingame items?
Not even a little bit.
When looking at the options to rent ships and that at some point in the future we will all be able to paint our ships whatever way we like to anyway, more or less, I don't see the point in being upset. Purely cosmetic things right now are to me nothing more than pure funding examples with a tiny perk attached to it.

If you don't get what I mean with that think of it this way:

Would you buy a empty "funding pack" for 25 USD, with the pure goal of just funding the game without any perk?

Would I ?
Yes, at this point I would, because I have long ago passed the pont where I need more ships. I never ever will have the time to fly them all. .... essentially I'll probably fly my Terrapin 90% of the time anyway.

To have some little token thing, such as a skin or in-game items, added to that empty "funding pack" is just a little bit of flitter to create a little smile while helping to pay the developer team of the game.

I could also talk about scope change, Company growth, infrastructure, core technology and how all that would make the actual development starting date of the game to be calculated very differently than many think, but that beaten up disscussion never gets the point.

I have so far waited six years and I can easily wait some more if this means that it will actually be a truly fantastic game in the end.

That is actually my main point in regard to this game and all around it:
What it could be.

Looking at myself right now, almost at the age of fourty, I am pretty sure that I will still want a really fantastic game in a few years - just as I want it now. So I rather make sure that this one gets all the time and money it needs to grow, because I regard it as very unlikely that another game manages to get to such levels of vision, ambition and most importantly support on such a scale as we have it here any time soon. The next such big project might happen in maybe ten or twenty years and then finishes in six to ten years after that ... and then I might truly be too old or different.

So, StarCitizen to me seems like the one shot that should take rather longer to finish than faster, as long as the result is then satisfactory.

From all the games I have played and backed in my adult life, this is the only one where I truly see at least the potential to induce the wonder and engagement I had as a kid when I felt like I truly was the hero in the game and not just some dude pressing keys on a keyboard.

It could totally fail or disappoint in the end.
Yep.
That is a clear risk.
But even then I'd be fine with my money "lost" because at least someone tried and gave it the best shot.

When I see so many posts about wanting stuff now and having waited long enough and about moneygrabbing methods etc. I have to think of kids overeager to eat their cake before it has finished baking because it takes longer to bake than the recipe said - and then complaining when it does not taste good after they bullied the baker into getting it out of the oven too early.

I'll rather wait.
And I'll also only buy stuff if I want to fund the game and ensure the developer salaries.
If I want ingame stuff right now without funding, I just rent a ship or ask other players.
Especially the latter has always worked so far.

And on a side note for all those who are concerned about the broken promise of open development: Could you show me another half comparable AAA game that is more open in development than this one, aside from the Story of SQ42? (Which I am personally glad is not open for spoiling.)

That's basically it.

This entire text I wrote here will probably just vanish in the bowels of our nice enthusiastic Carrack Star Citizen Subreddit, but somehow I had the need to just write down my thoughts after having looked at the front page too much.

Well then....
have a fantastic weekend everyone!

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

I really love these little glimpses into the Sisyphean hell that is CIG. Your president and CEO, the head of 500 people and 5 studios, literally sitting next to you micromanaging clothes designs for NPCs on a single planetary body in star system 1 out of 100, 8 years into development. Oh and those NPCs, they do absolutely nothing but walk into walls and stand on chairs while T-posing.

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"
I think the gameplay may be in...

So.. turns out Carrack has SIX holding cells/a brig! If a player is closed into one of the cells near the weapons lockers on the Subdeck, they cannot let themselves out! Another player is required to release them. #GibMeFreedom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug

Dementropy posted:

:reddit:

"I'm simply not worried and I have time. Anyone else?"

Would I like to have fresh and more engaging or exciting gameplay loops?
Sure!
The missions we have now have grown stale for me loooong ago. (Even the new ones such as the 890J or the claimjumpers did not really feel new.)

Would I like to hear that SQ42 is going to keep it's deadline - more or less?
No, not very much.
I would rather want to hear if the major blockers such as subsumption and such have been tackled sucessfully and in a way that makes it sure that they can achieve what they planned to do, no matter if on time or much later.

Do I feel annoyed by ship price increases or 25$ skins plus ingame items?
Not even a little bit.
When looking at the options to rent ships and that at some point in the future we will all be able to paint our ships whatever way we like to anyway, more or less, I don't see the point in being upset. Purely cosmetic things right now are to me nothing more than pure funding examples with a tiny perk attached to it.

If you don't get what I mean with that think of it this way:

Would you buy a empty "funding pack" for 25 USD, with the pure goal of just funding the game without any perk?

Would I ?
Yes, at this point I would, because I have long ago passed the pont where I need more ships. I never ever will have the time to fly them all. .... essentially I'll probably fly my Terrapin 90% of the time anyway.

To have some little token thing, such as a skin or in-game items, added to that empty "funding pack" is just a little bit of flitter to create a little smile while helping to pay the developer team of the game.

I could also talk about scope change, Company growth, infrastructure, core technology and how all that would make the actual development starting date of the game to be calculated very differently than many think, but that beaten up disscussion never gets the point.

I have so far waited six years and I can easily wait some more if this means that it will actually be a truly fantastic game in the end.

That is actually my main point in regard to this game and all around it:
What it could be.

Looking at myself right now, almost at the age of fourty, I am pretty sure that I will still want a really fantastic game in a few years - just as I want it now. So I rather make sure that this one gets all the time and money it needs to grow, because I regard it as very unlikely that another game manages to get to such levels of vision, ambition and most importantly support on such a scale as we have it here any time soon. The next such big project might happen in maybe ten or twenty years and then finishes in six to ten years after that ... and then I might truly be too old or different.

So, StarCitizen to me seems like the one shot that should take rather longer to finish than faster, as long as the result is then satisfactory.

From all the games I have played and backed in my adult life, this is the only one where I truly see at least the potential to induce the wonder and engagement I had as a kid when I felt like I truly was the hero in the game and not just some dude pressing keys on a keyboard.

It could totally fail or disappoint in the end.
Yep.
That is a clear risk.
But even then I'd be fine with my money "lost" because at least someone tried and gave it the best shot.

When I see so many posts about wanting stuff now and having waited long enough and about moneygrabbing methods etc. I have to think of kids overeager to eat their cake before it has finished baking because it takes longer to bake than the recipe said - and then complaining when it does not taste good after they bullied the baker into getting it out of the oven too early.

I'll rather wait.
And I'll also only buy stuff if I want to fund the game and ensure the developer salaries.
If I want ingame stuff right now without funding, I just rent a ship or ask other players.
Especially the latter has always worked so far.

And on a side note for all those who are concerned about the broken promise of open development: Could you show me another half comparable AAA game that is more open in development than this one, aside from the Story of SQ42? (Which I am personally glad is not open for spoiling.)

That's basically it.

This entire text I wrote here will probably just vanish in the bowels of our nice enthusiastic Carrack Star Citizen Subreddit, but somehow I had the need to just write down my thoughts after having looked at the front page too much.

Well then....
have a fantastic weekend everyone!

He's been to see that Mr Rodgers movie.