Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

the only tips i would give are really simple things. trim with a setup that allows you to sit or stand, and switch between them when you get uncomfortable. keep your scissors real clean with isopropyl alcohol and make sure they're sharp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

Agrinja posted:

Alright, I'll have to check around but that seems pretty simple. Thanks! You seem to know your poo poo.

i helped on a bunch of trims with a friend for 3-4 years before i started growing.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
yeah once you sit down with a plant and trim it for three hours you figure out what works well and what doesn't pretty quickly. just try to stay in a comfortable position and do what works for you (i am a lazy trimmer now because IDGAF, if it has trichomes on it it can stay more or less)

these trim bins are pretty nice as well, the screen filter never really does anything for me but it's a comfortable way to do it https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00884Z6F4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i like trim because i make hash too, so i usually cut off all the sugar leaves but don't buzzcut the entire bud to get a smooth shape. leaving the sugar leaves honestly doesn't make much of a difference in the smoke, i just like the look of them trimmed a bit.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
yeah that was my initial plan but i had too much weed and never got around to making the hash

just.... gently caress! gently caress!

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i bought a mini washing machine off craigslist lol

Mr. Dick
Aug 9, 2019

by Cyrano4747
Holy poo poo. Mr. Dick just dropped a roach in a crutch and he realized he cared more about the crutch than he did the roach.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Mozi posted:

yeah that was my initial plan but i had too much weed and never got around to making the hash

just.... gently caress! gently caress!

if you're swimming in good weed it's a lot more fun to have tons of edibles in the freezer than a bunch of hash made from the same weed imo. unless you're also dabbing a lot in which case the weed probably doesn't do poo poo for you without hash on top, but that's a self-inflicted handicap

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i would much rather have a couple grams of hash than a pile of edibles. but i don't like edibles as much as most people.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Speaking of edibles, I keep wanting to make some butter/coconut oil and always end up overwhelmed with the amount of variation in decarbing/recipes.

Is anyone willing to share their tried and true method?

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

https://www.leafly.com/news/lifestyle/recipe-how-to-make-basic-cannabutter

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Edibles require experimentation, I made a ton in the last few months and I still don’t have any idea what I’m doing.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Edibles are sketchy for me, but I usually make edibles with reclaim, so I rarely get super stoned but more get hit with that locked into the chair mode until I doze out.

Easy way is make stuff in muffin pans so you can weigh out what you want to put in each individually. 100mg of 70% shatter in a muffin sized dose would be little less than 70mg (loss of -a during decarb) for whatever you put into that muffin pan. Make the recipe like the box says, break down shatter or wax and weigh it out, dump it on top right before you put it in the oven, minding the temperature. Just do the math and make single size servings.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

I'm super lazy so I just use avb from my vape and the edibles I make with it are more than enough to gently caress me up

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
I’m even lazier than that i just eat a spoonful of it and chase it with a donut

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost

poverty goat posted:

if you're swimming in good weed it's a lot more fun to have tons of edibles in the freezer than a bunch of hash made from the same weed imo. unless you're also dabbing a lot in which case the weed probably doesn't do poo poo for you without hash on top, but that's a self-inflicted handicap

bongs in the morning, dabs in the evening

Tipps
Apr 18, 2006

party in the front

business in the back

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Edibles are sketchy for me, but I usually make edibles with reclaim, so I rarely get super stoned but more get hit with that locked into the chair mode until I doze out.

Easy way is make stuff in muffin pans so you can weigh out what you want to put in each individually. 100mg of 70% shatter in a muffin sized dose would be little less than 70mg (loss of -a during decarb) for whatever you put into that muffin pan. Make the recipe like the box says, break down shatter or wax and weigh it out, dump it on top right before you put it in the oven, minding the temperature. Just do the math and make single size servings.

Every time I've made edibles, the high they've given has been fairly unpleasant - feeling more like nausea or drunkenness (head spinning, heavy stomach, etc.) than the pleasant high from regular ol' vaping.

My experience with commercial edibles is limited, but similar.

Vaping is easier on the waistline anyways. :shrug:

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Edibles are great for doing stuff where you can’t spark a joint every half hour.

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
Sorry for toleranceposting, but lately I’ve been going through something like .5-.75g a week + maybe one or two 25 mg edibles, spread throughout the week. Is this enough for my tolerance to creep up or are numbers that low unlikely to affect it?

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Only you can know your own tolerance. Does it feel the same when you use it each time? If not, you're building a tolerance.

CoolRanch
Apr 5, 2019
Taking a t-break is boring...

Antioch
Apr 18, 2003

CoolRanch posted:

Truth. A couple months ago I was tapering off an SSRI and doing a t-break concurrently. Apparently I was "grouchy" and "kind of a dick" according to my wife and a couple friends.

New brain drugs and some MK Ultra and all is well again!

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

JAMOOOL posted:

Sorry for toleranceposting, but lately I’ve been going through something like .5-.75g a week + maybe one or two 25 mg edibles, spread throughout the week. Is this enough for my tolerance to creep up or are numbers that low unlikely to affect it?

this is like $15 a week on weed. if your tolerance goes up... maybe bump it up to a 20???

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gr2013xOo9I

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

CoolRanch posted:

The problem is a 1 week t-break is actually perceived as thousands of years due to the space-time decompression

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
if my brother stops smoking weed his palms begin sweating profusely. and I mean PROFUSELY poor fellow can't hold onto a drat thing

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Weed

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Play posted:

if my brother stops smoking weed his palms begin sweating profusely. and I mean PROFUSELY poor fellow can't hold onto a drat thing

Sounds like he needs to dry out

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

I'm high as hell

maker
Jun 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hell Yeah posted:

I'm high as hell

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

JAMOOOL posted:

I can go through an ounce in 2 weeks, you should be fine

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

I'm not high as hell but I will be when the edibles kick in

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

:respek:

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

The blueberry tastes like blueberries...

Agrinja
Nov 30, 2013

Praise the Sun!

Total Clam
Edibles don't seem to work for me so tonight we are brute forcing it.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

that's a shame because my edibles are kicking in and i'm feeling real good. gonna play dragon quest builders 2 and then watch the AEW PPV. the perfect saturday.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

You fuckers are making me wanna make some firecrackers.

Agrinja
Nov 30, 2013

Praise the Sun!

Total Clam

is pepsi ok posted:

that's a shame because my edibles are kicking in and i'm feeling real good. gonna play dragon quest builders 2 and then watch the AEW PPV. the perfect saturday.

I mixed 5.4g of decarbed weed into some yogurt and took lecithin and ate a mango. If this doesn't work, I'm done with edibles, but moon or bust man. Moon or bust.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

When I was using my vapor genie regularly I loved my periodic abv peanut butter waffle sandwiches