Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which Nintendo character would you like to see in the next Soul Calibur game?
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 99 8.48%
Other 53 4.54%
jenna got milked 1015 86.98%
Total: 1167 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Wrong on many levels

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

The White Dragon posted:

is there a resource site with these portraits so i can mod bg2 with them

im a little tired of the movie star edits, they're kind of last-decade

i found the art on twitter here: https://twitter.com/MinovskyArticle/status/1199800502705373184?s=20

the replies point to this reddit post, but i have not tried the mod myself yet: https://old.reddit.com/r/baldursgate/comments/bpvpcy/ryoko_kui_dungeon_meshidelicious_in_dungeon/

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
https://twitter.com/Official_GDC/status/1233542650956894208?s=19

Postponed officially now, apparently passes are getting refunded and they're working on getting the talk's recorded for the vault anyway. Many of the bigger companies already said they planned to do that.

https://twitter.com/Martin_Wolf/status/1233088303676743680?s=19

SeXReX fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Feb 29, 2020

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I used these for a while, but then had to turn it off because while there are some nice portraits in there, a lot of the face look kinda alike

May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
yeah that portrait pack is ok but it trends too much toward making everyone conventionally attractive, the change to Jan is especially bad imo

also they totally hosed up mazzy's hair wtf

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah I don't like how sexy they made Varshoon

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.

The sad thing was Trackmania Turbo was actually pretty good, Ubi stuff aside. It just literally never got anywhere near a decent playerbase and like, multiplayer is the entire point of TM

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

There are three kinds of fan portrait:

"celeb"

"new to photoshop"

"literally a goon"

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

https://twitter.com/MaxKriegerVG/status/1233546651899506695?s=19

Games Twitter is going off on this

I'm waiting to see the fyre fest sandwich

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Remap onto the McDonald's triangle, tia

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

https://twitter.com/foxlesbian/status/1233546280481193984

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

E3 gonna be lit this year with everybody just giving Nintendo style Directs and I don't need to listen to some fuckwit ramble on for 20min before actually seeing gameplay :v:

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Infinitum posted:

E3 gonna be lit this year with everybody just giving Nintendo style Directs and I don't need to listen to some fuckwit ramble on for 20min before watching a cutscene

Ftfy

Laughing at the fuckwits is the best part tho

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I'm going to infect everyone with the coronavirus via animal crossing, have fun in my town

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Atelier Roronavirus something something

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I wonder if a global pandemic will actually be what triggers E3 finally dying as a major event.

Like it gets canceled this year and then the next everyone's like "why loving bother" because they got more attention on their products without competing with everyone else in a bizarre circus.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

NGL, just from the tenor of conversations in my social circles I'm thinking about stockpiling

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

NGL, just from the tenor of conversations in my social circles I'm thinking about stockpiling

Unless you stockpile for the flu every season then you're being a bit melodramatic.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

day one purchase baybee

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Which social circles are these

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Internet Kraken posted:

Unless you stockpile for the flu every season then you're being a bit melodramatic.

I honestly have always been underprepared for natural disasters and always tell myself "I'll get around to that soon", and anyway I have always found Zeynep Tufekci insightful and it was her recent article that tipped me from the "do nothing" mindset to my current state of questioning

https://twitter.com/zeynep/status/1233107475433263104

Jay Rust posted:

Which social circles are these

I live in a large coastal city and work on multiple college campuses and fly for conferences, including two flights scheduled for next month

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Feb 29, 2020

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Internet Kraken posted:

The flu doesn't traditionally trigger global economic collapse

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

The flu doesn't traditionally trigger global economic collapse

If you honestly think the economy is going to entirely collapse over this your too deep in the doomsday scenarios to help.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Internet Kraken posted:

If you honestly think the economy is going to entirely collapse over this your too deep in the doomsday scenarios to help.

Excuse me but I haven't been able to buy cheap trinkets on AliExpress because of this

All that energy I had to learn a new skill from watching lockpickinglawyer videos is just sitting in a warehouse somewhere where the seller isn't allowed in yet.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Like I'm not talking about survivalist prepping or some poo poo, mainly about having extra supplies on hand for when transmission spikes and it might help to minimize going out and infecting/getting infected

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Like I'm not talking about survivalist prepping or some poo poo, mainly about having extra supplies on hand for when transmission spikes and it might help to minimize going out and infecting/getting infected

I mean if it makes you feel better and its stuff you would use anyways then sure, why not? I just wouldn't freak out about it to the point where you huddle in the basement surrounded by a fort of kidney bean cans.

May 8, 2006

i mean ideally you should have a few days of food/water on hand just in case, but that's not realistic for everyone

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Yeah don’t go crazy but you might want to buy groceries with an eye towards having the option to not leave the house for a few days. Canned, frozen, dried/nonperishable, etc.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I think I'll go grocery shopping for that stuff just because it would be convenient to restock on it honestly.

Beans and rice are tasty.

Threep
Apr 1, 2006

It's kind of a long story.
Buy extras not because you'll need to hide in a bunker but because people who think they do are gonna empty the shelves

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
Usually when I go grocery shopping I'll buy a can or two of whatever is on sale so then I'll have more options for meals.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
I play BG modded with all of the portraits as various pictures of lowtax

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I like GDC’s messaging, that health doesn’t seem to be the concern it’s the money leaving.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Because I'm incredibly naive, I didn't know until just a few days ago that a big part of the speedrunning community is horny, and drama about horny, and sometimes drug abuse

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

precision posted:

Because I'm incredibly naive, I didn't know until just a few days ago that a big part of the speedrunning community is horny, and drama about horny, and sometimes drug abuse

this is every community tbf

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

this is every community tbf

Yeah. There's like, a scale though. And I didn't know speedrunners were at the extreme end of that scale, with goths and theater students

May 8, 2006

Yeah I was under the impression that GDQ was a gently caress party for nerds

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Threep posted:

Buy extras not because you'll need to hide in a bunker but because people who think they do are gonna empty the shelves

Yeah, I just got some extra groceries the other day just for this situation, though my neck of the woods is pretty fine for now.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

stockpile beans, make pasta fazool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I have tried beans with pasta and my brain cannot reconcile it, it recoils the same way whenever I see Brits with beans on toast.

Beans only work with rice and/or tortillas, I try to have an eclectic palate but I can't get past this