Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

freeedr posted:

...MODS!!!!?!

jfc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
https://twitter.com/peytnhaag/status/1229622032360493056?s=20

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
https://twitter.com/shoe0nhead/status/1228061850178400256?s=21

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Dienes posted:

Can you come up with a non-rapist to hold up as a shining example of a father of girls?

Dwyane Wade

https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle...out/ar-BB108flc

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Sincerely, thank you!

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

"My therapist gave me confidential information about all of her patients."

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Jurgan posted:

"My therapist gave me confidential information about all of her patients."

I'm pretty sure it's an edit of a tweet about Trump from 2016, because I remember this same exact comment about confidentiality.

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

Anyway, even if abuse victims did bring up Bernie Sanders in therapy, that doesn't mean they were blaming him for anything. They might have said they'd been too frightened to tell anyone they liked Sanders in 2016 in case it got back to their abuser. I mean, I've mentioned things I like and felt positive about in therapy. In my experience, counsellors like to hear about happy things too, as evidence that perhaps progress is being made.

Acute Grill
Dec 9, 2011

Chomp

Dienes posted:

Can you come up with a non-rapist to hold up as a shining example of a father of girls?

The overwhelming majority of fathers through time? Jesus gently caress, parents can spend time with their children without it being a conspiracy around Goons' sexual obsessions.

Acute Grill has a new favorite as of 21:42 on Feb 19, 2020

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous
I think they meant "can we not use a rapist as a model of fatherhood," not "are there any loving fathers that aren't rapists"

Acute Grill
Dec 9, 2011

Chomp

hyperhazard posted:

I think they meant "can we not use a rapist as a model of fatherhood," not "are there any loving fathers that aren't rapists"

Probably, yeah. There have been enough goons posting one-handed how they're convinced that events where fathers spend time with their daughters are deep state paedo rings that my post still stands.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

hyperhazard posted:

Correct.

Acute Grill posted:

There have been enough goons posting one-handed how they're convinced that events where fathers spend time with their daughters are deep state paedo rings that my post still stands.

No one is saying that, unless you are rounding up calling purity balls creepy to "Well I guess dads can't spend ANY time with their daughters!!"

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

Jollity Farm posted:

Anyway, even if abuse victims did bring up Bernie Sanders in therapy, that doesn't mean they were blaming him for anything. They might have said they'd been too frightened to tell anyone they liked Sanders in 2016 in case it got back to their abuser. I mean, I've mentioned things I like and felt positive about in therapy. In my experience, counsellors like to hear about happy things too, as evidence that perhaps progress is being made.

^^this^^

I got very disappointed my last appointment got cancelled due to weather because I was very excited to report a lot of positives to my therapist.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Dienes posted:

Correct.

No one is saying that, unless you are rounding up calling purity balls creepy to "Well I guess dads can't spend ANY time with their daughters!!"

Never was about purity balls, was about father-daughter dances which are only weird if you're projecting weird loving complexes onto some normal poo poo dads do to spend time with their daughters.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

https://twitter.com/krangtnelson/status/1230351203248300033?s=21

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
What happened when pressed

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

What happened when pressed
#TeamBloomberg,

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
Also how is it hard to explain electing a leader to a 10 year old? Unless you get into the nitty gritty details of whatever arcane technique you use in your specific instance (which you don't have to do with a 10 year old unless they really want to be a politician one day) you don't need to explain more than "everyone* casts a vote and the person with the most votes gets to be the leader!" It's not that hard and to be honest they are probably learning it in school.

*Or everyone who wants to vote, depending on whether voting is mandatory or not

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
I remember my Weekly Reader in first grade holding a vote between Bush Sr. and Clinton. Super easy to explain elections to kids.

Now, primaries might trip them up, especially nonsense like Iowa, but even those can be explained in a general sense clear enough for kids.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Pretty sure what they were getting at is his 10yo couldn't believe they were the candidates, not that the 10yo couldn't understand the idea of an election.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

Also how is it hard to explain electing a leader to a 10 year old? Unless you get into the nitty gritty details of whatever arcane technique you use in your specific instance (which you don't have to do with a 10 year old unless they really want to be a politician one day) you don't need to explain more than "everyone* casts a vote and the person with the most votes gets to be the leader!" It's not that hard and to be honest they are probably learning it in school.

*Or everyone who wants to vote, depending on whether voting is mandatory or not

Just try not to bring up the electoral college because then they'll find out at 10 years old their vote didn't actually matter

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Len posted:

Just try not to bring up the electoral college because then they'll find out at 10 years old their vote didn't actually matter

I learned at 5. My dad let me push the button for Michael Dukakis, then tried to change it to Bush but couldn't figure out how. But he explained to me later that he knew it wouldn't matter because Republicans always win South Carolina. And even at 5 I thought that was stupid.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
I tried to explain the election to my five year old and he blurted out "factually i don't believe any of those fellows to be on the up and up and, had I the right, my first vote would be to grab these churlish persons by the scruff and see them bodily to the door."
he then opened his mouth and vomited locusts for five minutes. their corpses spelled "vote bloommberg"

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

Jurgan posted:

I learned at 5. My dad let me push the button for Michael Dukakis, then tried to change it to Bush but couldn't figure out how. But he explained to me later that he knew it wouldn't matter because Republicans always win South Carolina. And even at 5 I thought that was stupid.

I was ten, and I thought Dukakis was cool, only because he was in a tank, and tanks are cool.

Firstscion
Apr 11, 2008

Born Lucky

Applesnots posted:

I was ten, and I thought Dukakis was cool, only because he was in a tank, and tanks are cool.

Hey we found the one person that worked on.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Firstscion posted:

Hey we found the one person that worked on.

Anecdotally, it worked on a lot of people. It's just that we were all Transformers/GI Joe age, not voting age.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Applesnots posted:

I just liked that his name was similar to mine.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I have no earthy idea why, but as a kid, I just didn't trust that dude based on his name alone.

I think I was like, 9. So it's super loving weird.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/atdanwhite/status/1232779178170355714?s=21

Walton Simons
May 16, 2010

ELECTRONIC OLD MEN RUNNING THE WORLD
June is not getting hate mail from leftie loonies again.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

Walton Simons posted:

Even on the off-chance it's real, you don't send a picture of yourself with a huge dildo by accident.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Walton Simons posted:

Tag yourself I'm "sefl rogering effergy."

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

chitoryu12 posted:

Tag yourself I'm "sefl rogering effergy."

I'm whilst.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Walton Simons posted:

Not making your bed is actually more hygienic/healthy/whatever than making it. It's actually obvious when you start thinking about it (but also scientifically proven).

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

gschmidl posted:

I'm whilst.

I think you mean whislt

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

I'm the "Geta style wooly hat."

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

System Metternich posted:

I think you mean whislt

Dammit! Yes.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Walton Simons posted:

Man I loving hate that this woman so obviously thinks she's a good writer.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Biplane posted:

Man I loving hate that this woman so obviously thinks she's a good writer.

Me too. I was thinking about how much it annoyed me on my way in to work today. Just infuriatingly bad writing written with smug pretentiousness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Jerry Cotton posted:

Not making your bed is actually more hygienic/healthy/whatever than making it. It's actually obvious when you start thinking about it (but also scientifically proven).

What? For real?